In at University of Houston

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
UTL_plz
Posts: 156
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:48 am

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby UTL_plz » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:39 pm

raperez129 wrote:As much as I don't want to admit it, I think the remainder of us are likely to be in the WL/reject group. :(
Based on their prior cycles, it seems like most everyone that was a for sure was admitted by March. A few in April, but the majority thereafter is WL/reject. I think they are waiting for seat deposits. This recent flurry of activity seems to signal that they've moved on to the next "class" of applicants. Woe is me..... :oops:



This year's cycle is unlike any other cycle before. There has been a huge increase in applications received at just about every law school out there, especially T100. Each school is adjusting to this influx differently. Therefore, i wouldn't base this cycle on previous years' cycles.

Patience is a virtue. Good luck.

User avatar
madmartigan
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:55 pm

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby madmartigan » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:06 pm

So I called UH, because I want to hand my deposit in in-person. It's kinda late in the game and I want to minimize risks.

But the admissions office said they don't give receipts??? Oo

Did ya'll just mail in your deposits? Maybe I'm overreacting, but I would like confirmation on such a large decision/purchase.

and by the by, I got a scholly letter, so they are still rolling them out.

dolce102
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:03 am

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby dolce102 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:48 pm

madmartigan wrote:So I called UH, because I want to hand my deposit in in-person. It's kinda late in the game and I want to minimize risks.

But the admissions office said they don't give receipts??? Oo

Did ya'll just mail in your deposits? Maybe I'm overreacting, but I would like confirmation on such a large decision/purchase.

and by the by, I got a scholly letter, so they are still rolling them out.


I personally handed mine in... no receipt either... hahahaha

User avatar
UTL_plz
Posts: 156
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:48 am

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby UTL_plz » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:09 pm

The deposit deadline is April 15th, no?

User avatar
0 and 16
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:17 pm

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby 0 and 16 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:13 pm

That is correct. I'm having a little trouble figuring out the best way to submit it, however. One would think that paying online would be available but I haven't found a link.

jgrin
Posts: 295
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:07 am

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby jgrin » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:48 pm

I can't figure out what will happen with this one. There isn't a lot of previous PT data anywhere that I can compare my numbers to. I went under review today... not sure if this means anything. I am a reverse splitter (i think) with a 3.47/153. what do you enlightened TLSers perceive my chances to be?

User avatar
rdcws000
Posts: 308
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:41 pm

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby rdcws000 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:58 pm

UTL_plz wrote:
raperez129 wrote:As much as I don't want to admit it, I think the remainder of us are likely to be in the WL/reject group. :(
Based on their prior cycles, it seems like most everyone that was a for sure was admitted by March. A few in April, but the majority thereafter is WL/reject. I think they are waiting for seat deposits. This recent flurry of activity seems to signal that they've moved on to the next "class" of applicants. Woe is me..... :oops:



This year's cycle is unlike any other cycle before. There has been a huge increase in applications received at just about every law school out there, especially T100. Each school is adjusting to this influx differently. Therefore, i wouldn't base this cycle on previous years' cycles.

Patience is a virtue. Good luck.


Last year the majority of PT acceptances didn't start hitting the board until late April, and into May, I hardly think PT'ers should be worried yet.

User avatar
madmartigan
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:55 pm

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby madmartigan » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:07 pm

jgrin wrote:I can't figure out what will happen with this one. There isn't a lot of previous PT data anywhere that I can compare my numbers to. I went under review today... not sure if this means anything. I am a reverse splitter (i think) with a 3.47/153. what do you enlightened TLSers perceive my chances to be?


I don't know of a probability calculator for PT. Your best bet is to comb through LSN PTers, and assume the standards have gone up slightly.

User avatar
Texasboundanddown
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:28 pm

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby Texasboundanddown » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:30 am

jgrin wrote:I can't figure out what will happen with this one. There isn't a lot of previous PT data anywhere that I can compare my numbers to. I went under review today... not sure if this means anything. I am a reverse splitter (i think) with a 3.47/153. what do you enlightened TLSers perceive my chances to be?


http://www.lawschoolpredictor.com/wp-co ... ograms.htm

try it out. It may not be an exact science but it does give you a place to start.

jgrin
Posts: 295
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:07 am

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby jgrin » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:23 pm

Texasboundanddown wrote:
jgrin wrote:I can't figure out what will happen with this one. There isn't a lot of previous PT data anywhere that I can compare my numbers to. I went under review today... not sure if this means anything. I am a reverse splitter (i think) with a 3.47/153. what do you enlightened TLSers perceive my chances to be?


http://www.lawschoolpredictor.com/wp-co ... ograms.htm

try it out. It may not be an exact science but it does give you a place to start.


It gave me a "consider" at 41% - anyone know how to translate a "consider" into admit, waitlist, or reject?

User avatar
hotdog123
Posts: 400
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:15 am

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby hotdog123 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:25 pm

jgrin wrote:
Texasboundanddown wrote:
jgrin wrote:I can't figure out what will happen with this one. There isn't a lot of previous PT data anywhere that I can compare my numbers to. I went under review today... not sure if this means anything. I am a reverse splitter (i think) with a 3.47/153. what do you enlightened TLSers perceive my chances to be?


http://www.lawschoolpredictor.com/wp-co ... ograms.htm

try it out. It may not be an exact science but it does give you a place to start.


It gave me a "consider" at 41% - anyone know how to translate a "consider" into admit, waitlist, or reject?


Take whatever LSP tells you and knock it down one category in this cycle.

waverider
Posts: 175
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:55 pm

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby waverider » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:49 pm

DonnyMost wrote:
jgrin wrote:
Texasboundanddown wrote:
jgrin wrote:I can't figure out what will happen with this one. There isn't a lot of previous PT data anywhere that I can compare my numbers to. I went under review today... not sure if this means anything. I am a reverse splitter (i think) with a 3.47/153. what do you enlightened TLSers perceive my chances to be?


http://www.lawschoolpredictor.com/wp-co ... ograms.htm

try it out. It may not be an exact science but it does give you a place to start.


It gave me a "consider" at 41% - anyone know how to translate a "consider" into admit, waitlist, or reject?


Take whatever LSP tells you and knock it down one category in this cycle.


I was rejected at a school where law school calculator said I had a 92% chance at. I don't think I had that bad of an app. The best school that I've gotten into put me at a 76% shot. I wouldn't feel too confortable being anywhere below 70% this year.

edit- t.l.s is playing April fools jokes on us

User avatar
madmartigan
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:55 pm

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby madmartigan » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:53 pm

Texasboundanddown wrote:
jgrin wrote:I can't figure out what will happen with this one. There isn't a lot of previous PT data anywhere that I can compare my numbers to. I went under review today... not sure if this means anything. I am a reverse splitter (i think) with a 3.47/153. what do you enlightened TLSers perceive my chances to be?


http://www.lawschoolpredictor.com/wp-co ... ograms.htm

try it out. It may not be an exact science but it does give you a place to start.


fwiw, this calculator was only accurate for about 25% of my decisions already rendered.

atfarmer
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:11 am

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby atfarmer » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:14 pm

madmartigan wrote:So I called UH, because I want to hand my deposit in in-person. It's kinda late in the game and I want to minimize risks.

But the admissions office said they don't give receipts??? Oo

Did ya'll just mail in your deposits? Maybe I'm overreacting, but I would like confirmation on such a large decision/purchase.

and by the by, I got a scholly letter, so they are still rolling them out.


Did your scholly letter come in your packet or was it separate? Also, what are your numbers?

b.j.
Posts: 285
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:06 am

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby b.j. » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:21 am

jgrin wrote:
raperez129 wrote:As much as I don't want to admit it, I think the remainder of us are likely to be in the WL/reject group. :(
Based on their prior cycles, it seems like most everyone that was a for sure was admitted by March. A few in April, but the majority thereafter is WL/reject. I think they are waiting for seat deposits. This recent flurry of activity seems to signal that they've moved on to the next "class" of applicants. Woe is me..... :oops:



I would have to agree, but how many people have they let in to their PT program as of yet. The recent flurry may be due to the fact that they just started reviewing PT applications.


The impression I'm getting is that they haven't reviewed the majority of the PT applications, based on this line from the admissions office through an e-mail this yesterday: "At the time, we are still mainly reviewing full time applications, but are starting to review part time applications as well."

RSN_M3
Posts: 128
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:51 am

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby RSN_M3 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:40 am

.

User avatar
FunkyJD
Posts: 1039
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:38 pm

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby FunkyJD » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:15 pm

Admitted via status checker. I wonder when I'll hear about any possible scholarship, if I'm going to be awarded one.

User avatar
hotdog123
Posts: 400
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:15 am

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby hotdog123 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:16 pm

FunkyJD wrote:Admitted via status checker. I wonder when I'll hear about any possible scholarship, if I'm going to be awarded one.


Congrats bro.

Mega boobies were the charm, no doubt.

Here's to hoping you get some scratch to go with it.

User avatar
FunkyJD
Posts: 1039
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:38 pm

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby FunkyJD » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:23 pm

DonnyMost wrote:
FunkyJD wrote:Admitted via status checker. I wonder when I'll hear about any possible scholarship, if I'm going to be awarded one.


Congrats bro.

Mega boobies were the charm, no doubt.

Here's to hoping you get some scratch to go with it.

I'm telling you, DM! As I wait for the "bonus round," let's celebrate appropriately:

--ImageRemoved--

skoalkat
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:49 pm

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby skoalkat » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:44 pm

what were your stats

User avatar
FunkyJD
Posts: 1039
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:38 pm

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby FunkyJD » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:47 pm

^^ Glad to share; check your PM.

User avatar
ChonWayne
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:15 pm

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby ChonWayne » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:30 pm

Admitted today via status checker! So pumped for this, can't believe I finally got a decision.

Complete - 1/10
Under Review 2/16, 3/29, 3/29
Decision Rendered - 4/2

Good luck to the rest of you still waiting

jgrin
Posts: 295
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:07 am

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby jgrin » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:35 pm

ChonWayne wrote:Admitted today via status checker! So pumped for this, can't believe I finally got a decision.

Complete - 1/10
Under Review 2/16, 3/29, 3/29
Decision Rendered - 4/2

Good luck to the rest of you still waiting


Stats? PT/FT?

waverider
Posts: 175
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:55 pm

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby waverider » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:44 pm

Waitlisted today

(even though I already emailed in my withdrawal 2 days ago)

No worries

AGA
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:18 pm

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby AGA » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:55 pm

ChonWayne wrote:Admitted today via status checker! So pumped for this, can't believe I finally got a decision.

Complete - 1/10
Under Review 2/16, 3/29, 3/29
Decision Rendered - 4/2

Good luck to the rest of you still waiting



Congrats! Can you tell me your score and GPA? Just checking my chances....




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”