In at University of Houston

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
UTL_plz

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby UTL_plz » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:39 pm

raperez129 wrote:As much as I don't want to admit it, I think the remainder of us are likely to be in the WL/reject group. :(
Based on their prior cycles, it seems like most everyone that was a for sure was admitted by March. A few in April, but the majority thereafter is WL/reject. I think they are waiting for seat deposits. This recent flurry of activity seems to signal that they've moved on to the next "class" of applicants. Woe is me..... :oops:

This year's cycle is unlike any other cycle before. There has been a huge increase in applications received at just about every law school out there, especially T100. Each school is adjusting to this influx differently. Therefore, i wouldn't base this cycle on previous years' cycles.

Patience is a virtue. Good luck.

madmartigan

Postby madmartigan » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:06 pm

So I called UH, because I want to hand my deposit in in-person. It's kinda late in the game and I want to minimize risks.

But the admissions office said they don't give receipts??? Oo

Did ya'll just mail in your deposits? Maybe I'm overreacting, but I would like confirmation on such a large decision/purchase.

and by the by, I got a scholly letter, so they are still rolling them out.

dolce102

Postby dolce102 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:48 pm

madmartigan wrote:So I called UH, because I want to hand my deposit in in-person. It's kinda late in the game and I want to minimize risks.

Did ya'll just mail in your deposits? Maybe I'm overreacting, but I would like confirmation on such a large decision/purchase.

I personally handed mine in... no receipt either... hahahaha

UTL_plz

Postby UTL_plz » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:09 pm

The deposit deadline is April 15th, no?

0 and 16

Postby 0 and 16 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:13 pm

That is correct. I'm having a little trouble figuring out the best way to submit it, however. One would think that paying online would be available but I haven't found a link.

jgrin

Postby jgrin » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:48 pm

I can't figure out what will happen with this one. There isn't a lot of previous PT data anywhere that I can compare my numbers to. I went under review today... not sure if this means anything. I am a reverse splitter (i think) with a 3.47/153. what do you enlightened TLSers perceive my chances to be?

rdcws000

Postby rdcws000 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:58 pm

UTL_plz wrote:
raperez129 wrote:As much as I don't want to admit it, I think the remainder of us are likely to be in the WL/reject group. :(
Based on their prior cycles, it seems like most everyone that was a for sure was admitted by March. A few in April, but the majority thereafter is WL/reject. I think they are waiting for seat deposits. This recent flurry of activity seems to signal that they've moved on to the next "class" of applicants. Woe is me..... :oops:

This year's cycle is unlike any other cycle before. There has been a huge increase in applications received at just about every law school out there, especially T100. Each school is adjusting to this influx differently. Therefore, i wouldn't base this cycle on previous years' cycles.

Patience is a virtue. Good luck.

Last year the majority of PT acceptances didn't start hitting the board until late April, and into May, I hardly think PT'ers should be worried yet.

madmartigan

Postby madmartigan » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:07 pm

jgrin wrote:I can't figure out what will happen with this one. There isn't a lot of previous PT data anywhere that I can compare my numbers to. I went under review today... not sure if this means anything. I am a reverse splitter (i think) with a 3.47/153. what do you enlightened TLSers perceive my chances to be?

I don't know of a probability calculator for PT. Your best bet is to comb through LSN PTers, and assume the standards have gone up slightly.

Texasboundanddown

Postby Texasboundanddown » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:30 am

jgrin wrote:I can't figure out what will happen with this one. There isn't a lot of previous PT data anywhere that I can compare my numbers to. I went under review today... not sure if this means anything. I am a reverse splitter (i think) with a 3.47/153. what do you enlightened TLSers perceive my chances to be?

http://www.lawschoolpredictor.com/wp-co ... ograms.htm

try it out. It may not be an exact science but it does give you a place to start.

jgrin

Postby jgrin » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:23 pm

Texasboundanddown wrote:

try it out. It may not be an exact science but it does give you a place to start.

It gave me a "consider" at 41% - anyone know how to translate a "consider" into admit, waitlist, or reject?

hotdog123

Postby hotdog123 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:25 pm

jgrin wrote:
Texasboundanddown wrote:

It gave me a "consider" at 41% - anyone know how to translate a "consider" into admit, waitlist, or reject?

Take whatever LSP tells you and knock it down one category in this cycle.

waverider

Postby waverider » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:49 pm

DonnyMost wrote:
jgrin wrote:
Texasboundanddown wrote:

Take whatever LSP tells you and knock it down one category in this cycle.

I was rejected at a school where law school calculator said I had a 92% chance at. I don't think I had that bad of an app. The best school that I've gotten into put me at a 76% shot. I wouldn't feel too confortable being anywhere below 70% this year.

edit- t.l.s is playing April fools jokes on us

madmartigan

Postby madmartigan » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:53 pm

Texasboundanddown wrote:

fwiw, this calculator was only accurate for about 25% of my decisions already rendered.

atfarmer

Postby atfarmer » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:14 pm

madmartigan wrote:So I called UH, because I want to hand my deposit in in-person. It's kinda late in the game and I want to minimize risks.

Did your scholly letter come in your packet or was it separate? Also, what are your numbers?

b.j.

Postby b.j. » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:21 am

jgrin wrote:

I would have to agree, but how many people have they let in to their PT program as of yet. The recent flurry may be due to the fact that they just started reviewing PT applications.

The impression I'm getting is that they haven't reviewed the majority of the PT applications, based on this line from the admissions office through an e-mail this yesterday: "At the time, we are still mainly reviewing full time applications, but are starting to review part time applications as well."

RSN_M3

Postby RSN_M3 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:40 am

FunkyJD

Postby FunkyJD » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:15 pm

Admitted via status checker. I wonder when I'll hear about any possible scholarship, if I'm going to be awarded one.

hotdog123

Postby hotdog123 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:16 pm

FunkyJD wrote:Admitted via status checker. I wonder when I'll hear about any possible scholarship, if I'm going to be awarded one.

Congrats bro.

Mega boobies were the charm, no doubt.

Here's to hoping you get some scratch to go with it.

FunkyJD

Postby FunkyJD » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:23 pm

DonnyMost wrote:
FunkyJD wrote:Admitted via status checker. I wonder when I'll hear about any possible scholarship, if I'm going to be awarded one.

Congrats bro.

Mega boobies were the charm, no doubt.

Here's to hoping you get some scratch to go with it.

I'm telling you, DM! As I wait for the "bonus round," let's celebrate appropriately:

--ImageRemoved--

skoalkat

Postby skoalkat » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:44 pm

what were your stats

FunkyJD

Postby FunkyJD » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:47 pm

^^ Glad to share; check your PM.

ChonWayne

Postby ChonWayne » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:30 pm

Admitted today via status checker! So pumped for this, can't believe I finally got a decision.

Complete - 1/10
Under Review 2/16, 3/29, 3/29
Decision Rendered - 4/2

Good luck to the rest of you still waiting

jgrin

Postby jgrin » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:35 pm

ChonWayne wrote:Admitted today via status checker! So pumped for this, can't believe I finally got a decision.

Complete - 1/10
Decision Rendered - 4/2

Stats? PT/FT?

waverider

Postby waverider » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:44 pm

Waitlisted today

(even though I already emailed in my withdrawal 2 days ago)

No worries

AGA

Postby AGA » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:55 pm

ChonWayne wrote:Admitted today via status checker! So pumped for this, can't believe I finally got a decision.

Complete - 1/10
Decision Rendered - 4/2

Congrats! Can you tell me your score and GPA? Just checking my chances....

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”