In at University of Houston

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
b.j.

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby b.j. » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:34 pm

YEM wrote:
hjl47 wrote:any word for PT'ers? ...

There was apparently some movement on 3/18 by Status Checker.

I was In Review since 2/18 for Part Time. In via Status Checker dated 3/18, like some others on the board.

Good luck to those of you still in the waiting room.

Lucky you. I've been complete since 2/15 but there hasn't been any movement on my application since then. I understand that PT applications is due by May 15, a full three months after the FT application, and that six weeks isn't a particularly long time with law school admissions, but you'd think that they'd at least put me under review. I mean, according to a .pdf file I read on the LSAC site, UH got 338 PT applications last year. Perhaps applications are up, but if so, by how much? And are most of them really not even in yet?

FunkyJD

Postby FunkyJD » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:37 pm

Josh, is UH going to pop out some damn decisions this week?

I know you have no way of knowing for sure ... but just when I thought I could let go of Houston emotionally, it keeps pulling me back in. Despite other offers, there's a part of me that wants to stay in Texas that hasn't quieted down yet.

Josh the Goat

Postby Josh the Goat » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:14 am

FunkyJD wrote:Josh, is UH going to pop out some damn decisions this week?

Haha, good luck. I remember being in your shoes two years ago, and it sucks. But I can almost guarantee that 8 months from now, when you're all cramming for your Civ Pro and Contracts finals, you'll tell yourselves "Why the hell did I even want to go to law school?"

Texasboundanddown

Postby Texasboundanddown » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:59 pm

Suuuhhweet finally "in review". Don't know when it happened since I gave up on checking a week ago and just checked again today. Whats the average time for a decision?

moonmaster3

Postby moonmaster3 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:08 pm

Just sent in my deposit. GL to those still waiting.

moonmaster3

Postby moonmaster3 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:09 pm

Josh the Goat wrote:

Haha, good luck. I remember being in your shoes two years ago, and it sucks. But I can almost guarantee that 8 months from now, when you're all cramming for your Civ Pro and Contracts finals, you'll tell yourselves "Why the hell did I even want to go to law school?"

How do you feel about Uptown area for living? I'm thinking about finding a place there.

ChonWayne

Postby ChonWayne » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:14 pm

My status timestamp just changed to 3/29/2010 but it is still "File In Review". My file first went into review mid February.

Has anyone been accepted after their "File In Review" timestamps changes multiple times?

hotdog123

Postby hotdog123 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:18 pm

moonmaster3 wrote:
Josh the Goat wrote:

How do you feel about Uptown area for living? I'm thinking about finding a place there.

Uptown is basically the Galleria.

A total nightmare for traffic, even during the day.

And completely unnavigable during rush hour.

It's mostly expensive, to boot.

I would strongly advise against it.

FunkyJD

Postby FunkyJD » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:20 pm

ChonWayne wrote:My status timestamp just changed to 3/29/2010 but it is still "File In Review". My file first went into review mid February.

Has anyone been accepted after their "File In Review" timestamps changes multiple times?

My file just changed as well, and I too went under review in February. Let's hope that there's good news coming soon.

hotdog123

Postby hotdog123 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:24 pm

FunkyJD wrote:
ChonWayne wrote:My status timestamp just changed to 3/29/2010 but it is still "File In Review". My file first went into review mid February.

My file just changed as well, and I too went under review in February. Let's hope that there's good news coming soon.

+1 same here

man, you have the best avs ever

lewis louis

Postby lewis louis » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:31 pm

I got app recieved 2/10. In review 3/29 (today). URM AA male, 3.31 153 ft or pt division is what i applied for. What do you all pervcieve my chances to be, and how long has been the going wait time once in review?

bebesu

Postby bebesu » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:39 pm

My in-review was updated from 2/26 to 3/29 (today). Looks like they're getting ready for a batch of decisions.

Royal68

Postby Royal68 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:42 pm

DENIED!!!!!! 3/29... Oh well

FunkyJD

Postby FunkyJD » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:43 pm

DonnyMost wrote:
FunkyJD wrote:

+1 same here

Haha, thanks. The current one is intended as a good luck charm.

hotdog123

Postby hotdog123 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:50 pm

FunkyJD wrote:
DonnyMost wrote:
FunkyJD wrote:

+1 same here

Haha, thanks. The current one is intended as a good luck charm.

Green + Boobies... double good luck

Josh the Goat

Postby Josh the Goat » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:59 pm

FunkyJD wrote:Haha, thanks. The current one is intended as a good luck charm.

Christina Hendricks never seemed to bring the crew of Serenity any good luck, but I hope she works for you.
DonnyMost wrote:Uptown is basically the Galleria. A total nightmare for traffic, even during the day. And completely unnavigable during rush hour. It's mostly expensive, to boot. I would strongly advise against it.

Exactly. On the map that I drew earlier, any location immediately west of 610 needs to add about 5-15 minutes due to traffic. There's quite a few comparable apartments just inside the 610 loop in the Greenway Plaza/West U area off of Weslayan and Newcastle. You get the benefit of being near the Galleria stores without having to sit through the traffic every day.

FunkyJD

Postby FunkyJD » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:09 pm

DonnyMost wrote:Green + Boobies... double good luck

+ red hair = game over.

jgrin

Postby jgrin » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:30 pm

Lots of movement today... Unfortunately none on my app. I was complete 2/5 and nothing since

rdcws000

Postby rdcws000 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:49 pm

Just from my observation of this forum (yeah I read every post of the 2009 cycle) plenty of people have been accepted after their status changed numerous times. In a few examples applicants review date changed and they were ultimately denied, but if I had to guess, it has seemed to be more of a positive sign than a negative one.

It seems to mean they chose not to waitlist or reject you yet, and could mean another reviewer is taking a look, which is usually not bad.

rdcws000

Postby rdcws000 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:53 pm

Then again, what do I know, I have been complete since 2/3 and they haven't even opened my file yet.

Come on! Crack it open! You'll love what you see!

rdcws000

Postby rdcws000 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:57 pm

lewis louis wrote:I got app recieved 2/10. In review 3/29 (today). URM AA male, 3.31 153 ft or pt division is what i applied for. What do you all pervcieve my chances to be, and how long has been the going wait time once in review?

This is possible? It seems I only had the choice of PT or FT. one or the other. Are you sure you applied for both?

The only reason I ask is that I am a PT app, and I would like to know if they are starting to look at PT apps.

b.j.

Postby b.j. » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:19 pm

rdcws000 wrote:
lewis louis wrote:I got app recieved 2/10. In review 3/29 (today). URM AA male, 3.31 153 ft or pt division is what i applied for. What do you all pervcieve my chances to be, and how long has been the going wait time once in review?

This is possible? It seems I only had the choice of PT or FT. one or the other. Are you sure you applied for both?

The only reason I ask is that I am a PT app, and I would like to know if they are starting to look at PT apps.

When did you go complete?

Texasboundanddown

Postby Texasboundanddown » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:31 pm

How much is Calhoun loft housing? I've heard they had trouble filling it since it was a wee bit expensive and so have been cutting prices. Its so dumb of them to build premium housing for grad students that are going there since its cheaper than most places in the first place. Also, how do they expect to attract commuters when my friend and I found cheaper housing in Midtown in a fairly nice neighborhood. Dorm like places should be cheap, not more expensive than their apartment counterparts. Lop a hundred to a hundred and twenty five dollars off the top of the unfurnished efficiency/1 bedroom lofts and they won't have trouble filling it. I promise.

raperez129

Postby raperez129 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:44 pm

I've got similar number, and I am URM Hispanic female. I applied for PT and also went in review today 3/29/10.

Looks like they are starting to make some moves in admissions. Epp! :shock:

FunkyJD

Postby FunkyJD » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:50 pm

Curious ... where do UH law students hold their weekly bar review? Which bar, and in which part of town is it?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”