In at University of Houston

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
k10370
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:54 pm

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby k10370 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:33 pm

colemf wrote:
miami.. wrote:anyone hear any scholarship info from them yet?


I'm very interested in this to, anyone heard anything?


I got my acceptance about a month ago, but no follow up with scholly info yet :-(

miami..
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:40 pm

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby miami.. » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:34 pm

same, its getting close to decision time........

jgrin
Posts: 295
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:07 am

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby jgrin » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:39 pm

Saw on LSN that somebody found out they were WL today. Has anyone else heard anything today?

jgrin
Posts: 295
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:07 am

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby jgrin » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:15 pm

nothing?

User avatar
burtonrideclub
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:10 pm

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby burtonrideclub » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:40 pm

Just got an email with scholarship info. 15k per year. I have a 166, 3.5x.

moonmaster3
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:56 pm

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby moonmaster3 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:08 am

burtonrideclub wrote:Just got an email with scholarship info. 15k per year. I have a 166, 3.5x.


You got the e-mail at 9:40 pm or during working hours?

tsub
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:36 am

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby tsub » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:32 am

Just performed my routine morning status check ritual. I'm IN!!!

158/3.6x Non-URM. Someone earlier posted that the status change would probably mean a reject, but hopefully it ends up being an admit for everyone else too. Good luck!

bebesu
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:14 pm

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby bebesu » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:05 am

File in review since 2/26 for PT program.

157/3.12, URM, biomed engineering...think I'll get in?

utswdukie80
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:47 am

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby utswdukie80 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:18 am

burtonrideclub wrote:Just got an email with scholarship info. 15k per year. I have a 166, 3.5x.


Congrats! When did you get accepted? Are you an URM? I'm hoping they might throw a little $ my way, although I'm not confident they will.

User avatar
JPJ
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:11 pm

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby JPJ » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:27 pm

Any reasonable place to live really close to Hermann Park? I have a dog, and would love to be near a place like that...

User avatar
hotdog123
Posts: 400
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:15 am

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby hotdog123 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:32 pm

JPJ wrote:Any reasonable place to live really close to Hermann Park? I have a dog, and would love to be near a place like that...


North side of Hermann? No.

South side of Hermann? Yes.

Although they may not be walking distance.

Depends on what your price range is... what is expensive to me (native Houstonian) is usually not expensive to outsiders used to higher property values.

User avatar
RyShermanJ
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby RyShermanJ » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:34 pm

tsub wrote:Just performed my routine morning status check ritual. I'm IN!!!

158/3.6x Non-URM. Someone earlier posted that the status change would probably mean a reject, but hopefully it ends up being an admit for everyone else too. Good luck!


Congrats. I am hoping that not being wait listed for U of H yet is good news.

User avatar
JPJ
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:11 pm

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby JPJ » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:40 pm

DonnyMost wrote:
JPJ wrote:Any reasonable place to live really close to Hermann Park? I have a dog, and would love to be near a place like that...


North side of Hermann? No.

South side of Hermann? Yes.

Although they may not be walking distance.

Depends on what your price range is... what is expensive to me (native Houstonian) is usually not expensive to outsiders used to higher property values.


Thanks for the tip, I'm sure I'll take a trip out there soon to house hunt... not even sure if I'm going to rent or buy, but I appreciate all the advice. I'm a native Texan, but never lived in Houston.

User avatar
hotdog123
Posts: 400
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:15 am

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby hotdog123 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:46 pm

JPJ wrote:
DonnyMost wrote:
JPJ wrote:Any reasonable place to live really close to Hermann Park? I have a dog, and would love to be near a place like that...


North side of Hermann? No.

South side of Hermann? Yes.

Although they may not be walking distance.

Depends on what your price range is... what is expensive to me (native Houstonian) is usually not expensive to outsiders used to higher property values.


Thanks for the tip, I'm sure I'll take a trip out there soon to house hunt... not even sure if I'm going to rent or buy, but I appreciate all the advice. I'm a native Texan, but never lived in Houston.


I think an underrated option would be to rent a duplex north of Rice.

That area is very nice and a short jaunt from Hermann, also close to the light rail (which currently only goes downtown and to the medical center/reliant park... :( )

Pet friendly for sure, older neighborhood... plus the Rice campus is beautiful and the village is close by for bars/entertainment and shopping.

User avatar
madmartigan
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:55 pm

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby madmartigan » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:02 pm

burtonrideclub wrote:Just got an email with scholarship info. 15k per year. I have a 166, 3.5x.


When did you get your scholly email?

... strange, the tls forum and lsn school profile typically blow up with activity when scholly emails go out.

User avatar
madmartigan
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:55 pm

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby madmartigan » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:05 pm

DonnyMost wrote:
JPJ wrote:
DonnyMost wrote:
JPJ wrote:Any reasonable place to live really close to Hermann Park? I have a dog, and would love to be near a place like that...


North side of Hermann? No.

South side of Hermann? Yes.

Although they may not be walking distance.

Depends on what your price range is... what is expensive to me (native Houstonian) is usually not expensive to outsiders used to higher property values.


Thanks for the tip, I'm sure I'll take a trip out there soon to house hunt... not even sure if I'm going to rent or buy, but I appreciate all the advice. I'm a native Texan, but never lived in Houston.


I think an underrated option would be to rent a duplex north of Rice.

That area is very nice and a short jaunt from Hermann, also close to the light rail (which currently only goes downtown and to the medical center/reliant park... :( )

Pet friendly for sure, older neighborhood... plus the Rice campus is beautiful and the village is close by for bars/entertainment and shopping.


A friend of mine gave me a guided tour through some of Houston last weekend. I really liked the Montrose area. 2 q's... Would the commute be tolerable from the Montrose area to U of H? and do you know if the prices for 1 bedroom apts in that area are reasonable (reasonable being 750-950)?

colemf
Posts: 167
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:50 pm

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby colemf » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:08 pm

madmartigan wrote:
burtonrideclub wrote:Just got an email with scholarship info. 15k per year. I have a 166, 3.5x.


When did you get your scholly email?

... strange, the tls forum and lsn school profile typically blow up with activity when scholly emails go out.


Yea i find it odd only one person on LSN and TLS got a scholly email.

User avatar
hotdog123
Posts: 400
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:15 am

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby hotdog123 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:13 pm

madmartigan wrote:
A friend of mine gave me a guided tour through some of Houston last weekend. I really liked the Montrose area. 2 q's... Would the commute be tolerable from the Montrose area to U of H? and do you know if the prices for 1 bedroom apts in that area are reasonable (reasonable being 750-950)?


Montrose is an awesome neighborhood, I lived there for 3 years, loved it.

The commute is very tolerable, all you have to do is hit Westheimer and ride it all the way down East to UH.

You can find some really cheap rooms for rent in that area, or some swank new apartments (the one I lived in was extremely nice and was about 1200 for a 1br)... you can find something reasonable in your range I am sure.

User avatar
madmartigan
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:55 pm

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby madmartigan » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:07 pm

colemf wrote:
madmartigan wrote:
burtonrideclub wrote:Just got an email with scholarship info. 15k per year. I have a 166, 3.5x.


When did you get your scholly email?

... strange, the tls forum and lsn school profile typically blow up with activity when scholly emails go out.


Yea i find it odd only one person on LSN and TLS got a scholly email.


yeah, and i think its the same person. maybe they send scholly emails out piecemeal.

or i'm trying to pretend like I might still get some $. checking my empty email box for scholly $ and then having to check lsn/tls to see if I missed the boat is the worst. haha

texlawtex
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:11 pm

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby texlawtex » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:10 pm

My requirements list went blank, i have heard that this is indicative of a decision pending. Any information?

Haha i know this is absurd but i'm desperate.

User avatar
madmartigan
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:55 pm

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby madmartigan » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:34 pm

DonnyMost wrote:
madmartigan wrote:
Montrose is an awesome neighborhood, I lived there for 3 years, loved it.

The commute is very tolerable, all you have to do is hit Westheimer and ride it all the way down East to UH.

You can find some really cheap rooms for rent in that area, or some swank new apartments (the one I lived in was extremely nice and was about 1200 for a 1br)... you can find something reasonable in your range I am sure.


Thats great to hear. I just moved down from nyc, so i'm looking for something with a lower east side feel, and montrose came pretty close. not to belabor the rent questions (i checked craigslist, but its all over the map), do you think there are decent 1-bedroom apts (not rooms in a shared house) in the 750-950 range? Appreciate it.

User avatar
hotdog123
Posts: 400
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:15 am

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby hotdog123 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:36 pm

madmartigan wrote:
DonnyMost wrote:
madmartigan wrote:
Montrose is an awesome neighborhood, I lived there for 3 years, loved it.

The commute is very tolerable, all you have to do is hit Westheimer and ride it all the way down East to UH.

You can find some really cheap rooms for rent in that area, or some swank new apartments (the one I lived in was extremely nice and was about 1200 for a 1br)... you can find something reasonable in your range I am sure.


Thats great to hear. I just moved down from nyc, so i'm looking for something with a lower east side feel, and montrose came pretty close. not to belabor the rent questions (i checked craigslist, but its all over the map), do you think there are decent 1-bedroom apts (not rooms in a shared house) in the 750-950 range? Appreciate it.


I'm certain there are, but they may not be in montrose proper, you may have to go more toward kirby or allen parkway to find them... there aren't many apartment complexes near montrose itself, at least ones that aren't over your range... but there's a ton of houses for rent.

jgrin
Posts: 295
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:07 am

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby jgrin » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:46 pm

texlawtex wrote:My requirements list went blank, i have heard that this is indicative of a decision pending. Any information?

Haha i know this is absurd but i'm desperate.


Mine also has gone blank. I am applying to the PT program. What are you applying to? Did you find out what this may mean?

texlawtex
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:11 pm

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby texlawtex » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:50 pm

im full time. Like i said, I had heard that when your requirements dissapear, a decision has been made/is imminent. This seems to be true when i look at my other status checkers. I'm not really sure, just trying to brighten my own day. I like uh alot and this weather in texas is really enticing me to stay if I was accepted.

User avatar
0 and 16
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:17 pm

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby 0 and 16 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:07 pm

texlawtex wrote:My requirements list went blank, i have heard that this is indicative of a decision pending. Any information?

Haha i know this is absurd but i'm desperate.


What was in the 'requirements list' box before?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ashrice13, genjustice, jjcorvino, joezze, RictusErectus and 8 guests