In at University of Houston

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ettalynn
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:56 am

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby ettalynn » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:50 pm

smiley26 wrote:162/3.7 Texas resident

went to "decision rendered" today...no email

I'm guessing that means I'm rejected :?:

Same thing happened with Baylor actually, wonder if I did something wrong on my application?


I have almost exactly the same numbers as you (162, 3.74) and got an acceptance email last week. Still nothing in the mail but I thought you might find it encouraging!

User avatar
Archon D: terrorface
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:37 pm

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby Archon D: terrorface » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:49 am

lsatismybitchlover wrote:
Archon D: terrorface wrote:TX resident = Houston

Con Resident = Con

Non resident of both = Choose based on scholarship and where you want to work.

Both are largely regional schools, and it depends on your preference for quality of life and so on. For me, Vandy is very expensive and Houston - especially if they offer money - would be a great option for me as an instate resident. I'm planning to work in Texas anyway, so yeah. It just depends. Money is more important now than ever - and to some extent, I think cost might be more important than general rankings.



Wait, so did you apply to Vandy and not to UT?


Oh, I did. Still waiting on UT though. I'm guessing a WL, but we'll have to see. I'm very borderline.

JPetrella18
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:01 pm

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby JPetrella18 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:14 am

Status checker changed to 'decision rendered' today (2/03)...

It seems like they send emails/letter out in batches so best of luck to everyone else who had the same status change :-)

G_Girl4098
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:18 am

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby G_Girl4098 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:40 pm

tbx59 wrote:Decision Rendered today, doesn't look like they've sent out rejects yet, Applied 1/13; complete 1/27


Geez that was fast!
I applied 10/01, complete 10/24, and in review since 12/02.


What are your numbers?

tbx59
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:52 pm

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby tbx59 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:25 pm

G_Girl4098 wrote:
tbx59 wrote:Decision Rendered today, doesn't look like they've sent out rejects yet, Applied 1/13; complete 1/27


Geez that was fast!
I applied 10/01, complete 10/24, and in review since 12/02.


What are your numbers?

167 3.18

G_Girl4098
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:18 am

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby G_Girl4098 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:50 pm

tbx59 wrote:
G_Girl4098 wrote:
tbx59 wrote:Decision Rendered today, doesn't look like they've sent out rejects yet, Applied 1/13; complete 1/27


Geez that was fast!
I applied 10/01, complete 10/24, and in review since 12/02.


What are your numbers?

167 3.18


You'll be fine. As far as I know no one has been rejected yet and they haven't accepted anyone with a LSAT score of less than 162 yet.

G_Girl4098
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:18 am

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby G_Girl4098 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:42 pm

Any status changes today?

Mine is still "File in Review" but the date has been changed to 2/5/09 (was 12/2).
I know that meant good news at SMU. Did we figure out what we thought that meant at U of H?
:?:

joonix
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:15 am

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby joonix » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:49 pm

G_Girl4098 wrote:Any status changes today?

Mine is still "File in Review" but the date has been changed to 2/5/09 (was 12/2).
I know that meant good news at SMU. Did we figure out what we thought that meant at U of H?
:?:


That happened to me a couple days ago too. I don't know what it means.

mrxismyhro
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:52 pm

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby mrxismyhro » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:40 pm

does UofH send send scholarship offers w/ the acceptance letter or after?

nontradintexas
Posts: 153
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:01 am

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby nontradintexas » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:41 pm

mrxismyhro wrote:does UofH send send scholarship offers w/ the acceptance letter or after?


After.

Edit: And I'm not sure when. I received email acceptance 01/04, letter dated 01/13, but still haven't heard anything. Last time I looked on LSN there were no scholarships reported.

perin
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:45 pm

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby perin » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:02 pm

Received a link to UH's admitted students webpage, but no email or letter confirming my admissions. I guess I'm in though!

ChrisCiolko
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:07 pm

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby ChrisCiolko » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:06 pm

I got an email from U of H at the end of January (1/31, I think) and the letter just arrived at my folks house yesterday. No scholarship info, just the admit letter.
164/3.5

Does anyone know whether U of H awards many scholarships? I know the sticker on their in state tuition is already pretty low. They'll make my decision a lot tougher if they offer me some $$$...

JPetrella18
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:01 pm

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby JPetrella18 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:23 pm

perin wrote:Received a link to UH's admitted students webpage, but no email or letter confirming my admissions. I guess I'm in though!


Received the same email just a minute ago.

CONGRATULATIONS ON GETTING INTO YOUR TOP CHOICE SCHOOL! I hope you heeded my advice about getting that bottle of champagne chilled...it'll be a great way to start your weekend!

perin
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:45 pm

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby perin » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:30 pm

JPetrella18 wrote:CONGRATULATIONS ON GETTING INTO YOUR TOP CHOICE SCHOOL! I hope you heeded my advice about getting that bottle of champagne chilled...it'll be a great way to start your weekend!

:D Thanks! I heard back from Baylor with a sweet scholarship offer too, so it's been a fair week for me. I have one class left today, but I think I'll skip it and head off to celebrate. No chilled champagne though, didn't want to jinx it quite yet! Congrats to all of my fellow UH admittees, and good luck to all of you guys still waiting to hear back.

User avatar
thundy84
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:07 pm

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby thundy84 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:33 pm

I find it strange that their admitted students discussion board is a Facebook group... :lol:

Congrats to all the new admits! :D

tbx59
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:52 pm

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby tbx59 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:45 pm

perin wrote:Received a link to UH's admitted students webpage, but no email or letter confirming my admissions. I guess I'm in though!


Got the same, I guess status checker changing to decision rendered was an admit

ChrisCiolko
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:07 pm

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby ChrisCiolko » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:49 pm

^ For me it changed to decision rendered in the morning on 1/31 and I got an email later that afternoon confirming my acceptance. The physical letter didn't arrive at my parents house until yesterday.

joonix
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:15 am

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby joonix » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:22 pm

has anyone been admitted with below a 162 yet?

User avatar
Archon D: terrorface
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:37 pm

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby Archon D: terrorface » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:33 pm

For those admitted -

ASW on March 6. Maybe we should start a thread? =)

lawschoolchick73
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:12 pm

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby lawschoolchick73 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:47 am

I have below a 162 (160) and haven't been yet. It kind of looks like they're just starting with the top LSAT scores and making their way down, as I know a few others closer to my score who haven't been admitted yet. They need to hurry up though- I'm not even under review yet, but applied for early admission, which means they have exactly 3 weeks to look over my application and get back to me! I am not liking their method....

joonix
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:15 am

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby joonix » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:56 am

lawschoolchick73 wrote:I have below a 162 (160) and haven't been yet. It kind of looks like they're just starting with the top LSAT scores and making their way down, as I know a few others closer to my score who haven't been admitted yet. They need to hurry up though- I'm not even under review yet, but applied for early admission, which means they have exactly 3 weeks to look over my application and get back to me! I am not liking their method....


does UH state a deadline for decisions for ED? I didn't think they did.

overprivileged
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:45 pm

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby overprivileged » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:21 pm

joonix wrote:does UH state a deadline for decisions for ED? I didn't think they did.


Yeah, they say the middle of February in the UH Admissions Blog (although I think that post was from 2007) and the end of February on the faq's page on the official website.

User avatar
Rocky Estoppel
Posts: 283
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:41 pm

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby Rocky Estoppel » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:13 pm

I went to Decision Rendered today.

joonix
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:15 am

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby joonix » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:13 pm

Has anyone here gone Decision Rendered without immediately getting an email, then been accepted?

If you get Decision Rendered but no email, is it safe to say you're dinged? I just went rendered.

Dave O
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:58 pm

Re: In at University of Houston

Postby Dave O » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:02 pm

numbers for those who just went rendered?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: applicationquestions, cocozhang9950 and 5 guests