In at University of Houston Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
AGA

New

Re: In at University of Houston

Post by AGA » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:06 pm

TillMay10 wrote:Congrats to those who received an offer!

For those still on the waitlist, did other peoples email say something along these lines..Thank you for your continued interest and for your patience. The committee has made a number of offers so far this summer and will likely make a few more offers next week. Beyond that, an additional round of offers will likely be made around the middle of July.....?

Mine said that.....Hopefully this is a positive sign

bigred77

New

Post by bigred77 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:14 pm

AGA wrote:
TillMay10 wrote:Congrats to those who received an offer!

For those still on the waitlist, did other peoples email say something along these lines..Thank you for your continued interest and for your patience. The committee has made a number of offers so far this summer and will likely make a few more offers next week. Beyond that, an additional round of offers will likely be made around the middle of July.....?

Mine said that.....Hopefully this is a positive sign
Sorry for asking this again but are these WL offers for FT only applicants? Has anyone of the PT applicants received this kind of letter specifically stating there have already been offers made off the WL?

This driving me nuts, still "in review" starting to really feel like maybe my app just fell through the cracks...

BleedBlue83

New

Post by BleedBlue83 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:04 pm

Verbatim on the above mentioned e-mail.

Bigred77 - I think that you are at the very least WL'd with a chance to hear that you're accepted. I would think you'd have been rejected if they weren't interested by now.

Don't forget, they're likely standing pat until some of the June LSAT test takers send updated scores to make further decisions on their entering class of 2010 (FT & PT).

RyShermanJ

New

Post by RyShermanJ » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:02 pm

Anyone receive anything about being considered for PT admission?

Razorback2010

New

Post by Razorback2010 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:30 pm

I've been reading this thread for awhile. This is the first time I have anything to add.

I applied for full-time only and was placed on the waitlist. I received an email on Thursday which said that there were more spaces available in the part-time class than the full-time class at this point, and asked whether I would like to be considered for a spot in the part-time class. I said that I'd like to be considered for both. The next morning I received an email saying that I had been accepted into the part-time class.

It's not an ideal situation, but I'm 75% sure that I'm going to take the offer and hope to be accepted into the full-time class at some point.

I'll answer questions if anyone has them, but I don't have anything particularly insightful to say.

Good luck to everyone else.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

batch

New

Post by batch » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:40 pm

To anyone on waitlist that hasn't already done this... You should get your FAFSA filled out before deadline at end of June. It would stink to be accepted in July and unable get a loan just because deadline has passed.

raoul79

New

Post by raoul79 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:48 pm

RyShermanJ wrote:Anyone receive anything about being considered for PT admission?
Did they offer you one Sherman? If so, will you take it?

RyShermanJ

New

Post by RyShermanJ » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:35 pm

raoul79 wrote:
RyShermanJ wrote:Anyone receive anything about being considered for PT admission?
I am honestly not sure what I am going to do. I really want to go to Houston but I am not sure PT at Houston is a better play than FT at Baylor in the spring. I am in the Peace Corps right now and my commitment is up at the end of July. If I went to Baylor I have a temporary job lined up till school started in San Antonio but they wanted to know soon. I was about ready to give up on Houston and accept the job and Baylor but now I am not sure what I am going to do. Hopefully I will figure it out by Monday.

Ty Webb

Silver

Post by Ty Webb » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:51 pm

RyShermanJ wrote:
raoul79 wrote:
I am honestly not sure what I am going to do. I really want to go to Houston but I am not sure PT at Houston is a better play than FT at Baylor in the spring. I am in the Peace Corps right now and my commitment is up at the end of July. If I went to Baylor I have a temporary job lined up till school started in San Antonio but they wanted to know soon. I was about ready to give up on Houston and accept the job and Baylor but now I am not sure what I am going to do. Hopefully I will figure it out by Monday.
UH >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Baylor.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

BleedBlue83

New

Post by BleedBlue83 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:53 am

Congrats to those who got a seat.
Last edited by BleedBlue83 on Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

raperez129

Bronze

Post by raperez129 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:47 am

Razorback2010 wrote:I received an email on Thursday which said that there were more spaces available in the part-time class than the full-time class at this point,
This is what I as afraid of..... :roll:

Those of us that applied to PT, there seemed to be very few acceptances, mostly waitlists.
They seem to be offering the PT space to the FT applicants first.

BleedBlue83

New

Post by BleedBlue83 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:53 am

raperez129 wrote:
Razorback2010 wrote:I received an email on Thursday which said that there were more spaces available in the part-time class than the full-time class at this point,

Those of us that applied to PT, there seemed to be very few acceptances, mostly waitlists.
"Impressive. Most impressive. Obi-Wan has taught you well. You have controlled your fear. Now, release your anger. Only your hatred can destroy [the waitlist]."

bigred77

New

Post by bigred77 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:05 pm

raperez129 wrote:

I was afraid of this too. I know it's just sour grapes and I'd feel totally different if the roles were reversed but this still makes me mad. UH has frusterated me to the point where I'm almost about to give up hope. I've now hit 8+ weeks of being "in review," I've emailed them finally and they told me to just keep checking the online status, and now they're giving spots to FT WL candidates while leaving me in limbo. I think this will definately be dragging out all the way through the summer.

Congrats to those that got offers though. I think the PT WL will most likely see some movement around early July. They will have had time to get in all of the June LSAT's and will probably know for sure exactly what their applicant pool looks like.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Razorback2010

New

Post by Razorback2010 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:00 pm

BleedBlue83 wrote:Congrats to those who got a seat. It sounds like those of us who aren't getting in received the e-mail asking us if we'd like to add more to our file. It's frustrating that they want to keep us on the hook without divulging the complete truth.
I received that email. I didn't add anything to my file, but I did reply saying that I would likely accept a spot in the full-time class. The next day I received the email asking about part-time.

RyShermanJ wrote:
raoul79 wrote:
I'm considering the same options that you have: Houston part-time or Baylor in the spring. I think that I'm going to take the UH offer. Here are my reasons; maybe they'll help you. UH is about half as expensive, it seems as though it would be easier to rank higher at UH because of the larger class size, and Houston has a lot more to offer than Waco.

Let us know what you decide.

RyShermanJ

New

Post by RyShermanJ » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:00 pm

Razorback2010 wrote:
BleedBlue83 wrote:Congrats to those who got a seat. It sounds like those of us who aren't getting in received the e-mail asking us if we'd like to add more to our file. It's frustrating that they want to keep us on the hook without divulging the complete truth.
I received that email. I didn't add anything to my file, but I did reply saying that I would likely accept a spot in the full-time class. The next day I received the email asking about part-time.

RyShermanJ wrote:
raoul79 wrote:
I'm considering the same options that you have: Houston part-time or Baylor in the spring. I think that I'm going to take the UH offer. Here are my reasons; maybe they'll help you. UH is about half as expensive, it seems as though it would be easier to rank higher at UH because of the larger class size, and Houston has a lot more to offer than Waco.

Let us know what you decide.
Yeah after thinking about this weekend, I came to the same conclusion. I sent an email to them yesterday and I hope I also get accepted to the part-time program soon.

bigred77

New

Post by bigred77 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:37 am

Well today is the day the June LSAT scores are realeased (maybe I'm mistaken but isn't UH like the ONLY school who waits on June LSAT scores to admit for August enrollment, even if they do only do it for their PT program.) I have to think that there will be a waiting period with little to no movement while they sort out all the Apps they were holding for LSAT grades followed by one last period of high activity (acceptances, dings, WL movement im sure) and then probably a slow, random trickle of movement in regards to the WL all throughout July and early August.

My question is how long a wait untill this final flurry? My guess is that they remain relatively silent untill June 30th - July 2nd. I should say that is my hope because I would not be surprised at all if their administration waited untill after the July 4th holiday and responded between July 7-9. I think one of these time periods is when there will be the highest amount of WL movement and after that the only spots available will be if someone drops out last minute unexpectedly after already paying multiple deposits. In other words, not lookin good.

BTW congrats to those of you who just recently recieved offers, have you definately decided to accept?

raperez129

Bronze

Post by raperez129 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:47 am

That seems somewhat accurate, given the holiday and all. Also, I believe our dear friend rdcws000 summarized back on page 50 that in the prior year, lots of FT/PT pull came off the waitlist in late July, then just dribbles until the start of class.

...........I'm now left to agonize the timing for submitting onle last LOCI. :?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

choochoo

Bronze

Post by choochoo » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:37 pm

I withdrew today. (I was accepted off the waitlist almost 2 weeks ago.) Best of luck to everyone else, hope one of you gets my spot!

I toured the law school earlier this week so if anyone has any questions, feel free to PM me.

batch

New

Post by batch » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:47 pm

I'm in for PT! :D

raperez129

Bronze

Post by raperez129 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:00 pm

batch wrote:I'm in for PT! :D
Congrats! stats?

Were you notified email, snail mail, or other?

benaluu

New

Post by benaluu » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:56 pm

Last edited by benaluu on Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

batch

New

Post by batch » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:02 pm

raperez129 wrote:
batch wrote:I'm in for PT! :D
Congrats! stats?

Were you notified email, snail mail, or other?
email.

TCScrutinizer

Bronze

Post by TCScrutinizer » Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:39 am

Ty Webb wrote:
RyShermanJ wrote:
raoul79 wrote:
UH >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Baylor.
Bad advice is bad.

BleedBlue83

New

Post by BleedBlue83 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:15 am

Well, July here we come.

In the spirit of World Cup football, we're into stoppage time and we need a goal. Congrats to the trickle of admitted students and yet another 'good luck' to comrades in waiting.

bigred77

New

Post by bigred77 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:18 am

BleedBlue83 wrote:Well, July here we come.

In the spirit of World Cup football, we're into stoppage time and we need a goal. Congrats to the trickle of admitted students and yet another 'good luck' to comrades in waiting.

Bigred77 = USA

UHLC = Algeria

I will keep the faith...

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”