In at University of Houston Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
LawHorn

New

Re: In at University of Houston

Post by LawHorn » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:51 am

G_Girl4098 wrote:So at this point are there any part-time, or even full-time, people on here that haven't gotten any kind of decision (being waitlisted counts as a decision) since they applied?

How many part-time people are waiting out the waitlist?

How many full-time?

I am full-time and waiting. I am fully deposited at Penn State and have to make my move for orientation the week of the 10th. I will wait until that point. I still haven't deposited on an apartment in PA bc I keep thinking I will hear good news from Houston soon. A few people at admissions have told me three different time periods for waitlist decisions. They have been frustrating to deal with this entire process.

daisy buchanan

New

Post by daisy buchanan » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:08 am

G_Girl4098 wrote:So at this point are there any part-time, or even full-time, people on here that haven't gotten any kind of decision (being waitlisted counts as a decision) since they applied?

How many full-time?
I'm waiting out the FT waitlist until the very end. Heading for St. Mary's in san antonio as of now, but not securing an apartment until I know for sure Houston isn't in the cards. I wish they'd hurry up already so I can get my life together.

runaround

New

Post by runaround » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:09 am

How many full-time?
I'm looking to go part-time and my status on the UH site current reads "File in Review." However, the lack of a decision at this time may be since the application had been on hold until they received my June LSAT score.

I check their status web site about 4 times a day...

maxcap

New

Post by maxcap » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:33 pm

wow. i guess the only real way we are going to figure out anything is when people start getting their calls and posting on here. this feeling is all too familiar for me.

overprivileged

New

Post by overprivileged » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:57 pm

Here's my most recent interaction with the admissions office -

[July 6, 2009]

Ms. Polk,

Hello! I hope you had an enjoyable holiday.

Can you give me an idea of when I will be notified of the final decision? Also, can you tell me by what means I will be notified?

Thank you,

[Very Desperate Applicant]

-----------------------

[July 9, 2009

Dear We-Don't-Really-Care-About-You],

Typically admitted waitlisted students are notified by phone, but all applicants will receive a final decision via regular mail. The Asst. Dean for Admissions is in the final stages of confirming the deposited students, so the earliest that we would be able to begin pulling from the waitlist would probably be next week.

Kelly Polk, JD

Assistant Director of Admissions

This is lame.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sam87821

New

Post by sam87821 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:38 pm

i withdrew from houston a few days ago. hopefully that spot will go to you, gl!

LawHorn

New

Post by LawHorn » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:34 am

overprivileged wrote:Here's my most recent interaction with the admissions office -

[July 6, 2009]

Ms. Polk,

Hello! I hope you had an enjoyable holiday.

Can you give me an idea of when I will be notified of the final decision? Also, can you tell me by what means I will be notified?

Thank you,

[Very Desperate Applicant]

-----------------------

[July 9, 2009

Dear We-Don't-Really-Care-About-You],

Typically admitted waitlisted students are notified by phone, but all applicants will receive a final decision via regular mail. The Asst. Dean for Admissions is in the final stages of confirming the deposited students, so the earliest that we would be able to begin pulling from the waitlist would probably be next week.

Kelly Polk, JD

Assistant Director of Admissions

This is lame.

They have been saying "next week" since I talked to them June 19th. On the bright side, at least they responded to you.

LBHTX

New

Post by LBHTX » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:05 am

Ah yes....let us waitlisters begin another week of compulsively checking this website for updates. First check of the new week-- 07-13-09 0703 am.

I'm wondering if I should keep count of how many times I check this site, just so if I ever try and tell someone how busy I am I can remind myself that I always seem to find time to make myself crazy here.

runaround

New

Post by runaround » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:02 pm

On the application status page, my status has changed from "In review" to "Decision Rendered" as of today. Don't know if that means that they're any closer to moving people from the waitlist yet.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

tlt3900

New

Post by tlt3900 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:31 pm

My status was changed this morning as well from "In Review" to "Decision Rendered" on the part time program. Did you take the June LSAT? It seemed like a fairly quick decision which concerned me. I called and they said they were still making decisions on the part time program.

somecyn

New

Post by somecyn » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:23 pm

Officially taken off the wait list this morning---yes, after 9 months of waiting for a final decision. Well, this probably gives a preview of the law school in general. For those who are still wait listed, honest statement: UHLC will give you the run around for as long as possible. Spend your $150-$500 deposits elsewhere, and if you aren't peeved by the time UHLC grants you admission, just go there, but they may just grant you admission during there 1L Orientation!

LawHorn

New

Post by LawHorn » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:25 pm

somecyn wrote:Officially taken off the wait list this morning---yes, after 9 months of waiting for a final decision. Well, this probably gives a preview of the law school in general. For those who are still wait listed, honest statement: UHLC will give you the run around for as long as possible. Spend your $150-$500 deposits elsewhere, and if you aren't peeved by the time UHLC grants you admission, just go there, but they may just grant you admission during there 1L Orientation!

How were you notified? Full or part-time?

runaround

New

Post by runaround » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:41 pm

tlt3900 wrote:My status was changed this morning as well from "In Review" to "Decision Rendered" on the part time program. Did you take the June LSAT? It seemed like a fairly quick decision which concerned me. I called and they said they were still making decisions on the part time program.
I did take the June LSAT. Since I hadn't taken the LSAT previously, I was assuming the score was all that they were waiting on to make a decision. Hopefully the relatively speedy change between "review" and "rendered" wasn't a quick deny. However, I have yet to receive an "accept" email yet, so it could still go either way.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

tlt3900

New

Post by tlt3900 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:30 pm

I called the admissions office and they said the notification will come through the normal mail and not by email.

somecyn

New

Post by somecyn » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:39 pm

LawHorn wrote:
somecyn wrote:Officially taken off the wait list this morning---yes, after 9 months of waiting for a final decision. Well, this probably gives a preview of the law school in general. For those who are still wait listed, honest statement: UHLC will give you the run around for as long as possible. Spend your $150-$500 deposits elsewhere, and if you aren't peeved by the time UHLC grants you admission, just go there, but they may just grant you admission during there 1L Orientation!

How were you notified? Full or part-time?
Jamie Hammers emailed me this morning. I was accepted to the full-time program.

jjd

New

Post by jjd » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:45 pm

I had applied for part time since the full time deadline had passed.And took the June LSAT.Got the admissions confirmation by email today morning and waiting for the letter of acceptance by mail.Anybody knows about financial aid given out to parttime students by UHLC??

tlt3900

New

Post by tlt3900 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:29 pm

There doesn't seem to be a consistent method for notifying people. I've heard people getting called, emailed, and some receiving a letter.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

BigAristotle

Bronze

Post by BigAristotle » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:58 pm

I was emailed my acceptance back in March.

jjd

New

Post by jjd » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:25 pm

BigAristotle wrote:I was emailed my acceptance back in March.
I applied in March and did the June LSAT. So it was a speedier process for me though the wait seemed endless

LawHorn

New

Post by LawHorn » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:13 pm

Did any other full-time applicants just receive an e-mail from admissions regarding consideration of an admission to the part-time program?

daisy buchanan

New

Post by daisy buchanan » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:23 pm

LawHorn wrote:Did any other full-time applicants just receive an e-mail from admissions regarding consideration of an admission to the part-time program?
i haven't.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Lawsixsigma

New

Post by Lawsixsigma » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:27 pm

Part-timers, I just got this response from Jamie Ann West (Dean of Admissions) today, so keep your fingers crossed and pray for the best.

"We will be looking at the waitlist in the next few days. Thank you for your patience and continued interest.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you!"

maxcap

New

Post by maxcap » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:40 pm

daisy buchanan wrote:
LawHorn wrote:Did any other full-time applicants just receive an e-mail from admissions regarding consideration of an admission to the part-time program?
i haven't.
Neither have I

s1lent

New

Post by s1lent » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:19 pm

Lawsixsigma wrote:Part-timers, I just got this response from Jamie Ann West (Dean of Admissions) today, so keep your fingers crossed and pray for the best.

"We will be looking at the waitlist in the next few days. Thank you for your patience and continued interest.

Thank you!"

That sounds really good. Hopefully we will all know soon; anyone have any guesses on how many spots are probably open? Eh...just wondering. (for the PT program) :|...probably not enough.

LawHorn

New

Post by LawHorn » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:22 pm

s1lent wrote:
Lawsixsigma wrote:Part-timers, I just got this response from Jamie Ann West (Dean of Admissions) today, so keep your fingers crossed and pray for the best.

Thank you!"

That sounds really good. Hopefully we will all know soon; anyone have any guesses on how many spots are probably open? Eh...just wondering. (for the PT program) :|

Do you part-time applicants have a job? Do you plan on transferring to full-time after one year?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”