Anybody heard back from SMU? Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
DallasJosh

New

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Post by DallasJosh » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:29 pm

The longer my phone goes without ringing the higher my blood pressure goes. Guess that's the thing about having all your eggs in one basket - it's all or nothing...

bcb1986

New

Post by bcb1986 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:33 pm

DallasJosh wrote:The longer my phone goes without ringing the higher my blood pressure goes.
+1. It's 5:30 now, so I'm hoping for another round of calls tomorrow. As slow as they move, I don't think a second day of calls is all that unlikely. Of course, that's a selfish hope, too.

joonix

New

Post by joonix » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:52 pm

Did anyone here apply early (November) with an LSAT score, then retake it in December?

Are we still considered Early Decision? My status still says "Completed" but without the date change.

screech

New

Post by screech » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:53 pm

DallasJosh wrote:The longer my phone goes without ringing the higher my blood pressure goes. Guess that's the thing about having all your eggs in one basket - it's all or nothing...

Dallas Josh, I will dance with glee when you get in. You seem to be the most tormented of the applicants over the wait. I'm rooting for you!

DallasJosh

New

Post by DallasJosh » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:02 pm

Screech. Thank you. I guess I just put so much into this because it's such a big life change for me. We just had our second baby girl (big sister is 2 years old) this past Thursday and it's a huge step to take with a family and responsibilities.

**Trying to stop holding my breath since it seems the calls have ended for today. Sigh**

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

screech

New

Post by screech » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:10 pm

DallasJosh wrote:Screech. Thank you. I guess I just put so much into this because it's such a big life change for me. We just had our second baby girl (big sister is 2 years old) this past Thursday and it's a huge step to take with a family and responsibilities.

**Trying to stop holding my breath since it seems the calls have ended for today. Sigh**
Congrats, Dad!

It really is a big step, but life is made up of steps like this! Big and little. Best of luck!

OasisFan

Bronze

Post by OasisFan » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:25 pm

screech wrote:
DallasJosh wrote:The longer my phone goes without ringing the higher my blood pressure goes. Guess that's the thing about having all your eggs in one basket - it's all or nothing...

Dallas Josh, I will dance with glee when you get in. You seem to be the most tormented of the applicants over the wait. I'm rooting for you!
+1 If Law schools took the time to get to know the people that apply to their institutions, they'd be hard pressed to turn down a lot of us. We go through a lot of agony for this chance to get a legal education (some more than others of course, I dunno if i'd be able to do this with a family and everything).

Best of luck to everyone

nontradintexas

Bronze

Post by nontradintexas » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:13 pm

screech wrote:
DallasJosh wrote:Screech. Thank you. I guess I just put so much into this because it's such a big life change for me. We just had our second baby girl (big sister is 2 years old) this past Thursday and it's a huge step to take with a family and responsibilities.

Congrats, Dad!

It really is a big step, but life is made up of steps like this! Big and little. Best of luck!
:D

Congrats from one dad to another! I've got an 8 y/o and a 16 month old, so I know how you feel. Keep the faith, it will all work out!

jmoc2009

New

Post by jmoc2009 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:53 pm

i'm right there with ya, dallasjosh. i only have four-legged kids though...no two-leggers! but i'm all or nothing smu for other reasons. good luck!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

DallasJosh

New

Post by DallasJosh » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:00 am

Thanks to everyone for the well wishes. I'm trying to just set my hopes for mid next week when the letters should start arriving in the mail. Although a phone call tomorrow would be greatness. :D

DallasJosh

New

Post by DallasJosh » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:29 pm

Everybody thinking good thoughts today?

screech

New

Post by screech » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:35 pm

Well, it IS a Friday, and you know what they say about Fridays....A lot of schools make their acceptance calls then.

DMNeece

New

Post by DMNeece » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:53 pm

Another day of staring at the phone that will never ring...I'm such an optimist on my birthday =p

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

kimberbug

New

Post by kimberbug » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:56 pm

It will ring, I know it will ring...

screech

New

Post by screech » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:57 pm

DMNeece wrote:Another day of staring at the phone that will never ring...I'm such an optimist on my birthday =p
Happy Birthday! What a great gift it would be! Here's hoping.

OasisFan

Bronze

Post by OasisFan » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:17 pm

I'm so jealous of all of yall! I am held for further review...i'm guessing i'll have to wait till april or something. I wish yall the best

bcb1986

New

Post by bcb1986 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:32 pm

Status update to "Decision Rendered" 1/30
Previously updated to "App Complete" 1/27
anyone else? what about those of you who got calls yesterday?

3.8/162/FT Only

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

jmoc2009

New

Post by jmoc2009 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:45 pm

mine still says complete as of 1/28 (PT), but i did get this notice at the top of the page:

You may notice that your current status date has changed. This is either because a portion of your file has been updated or the initial review of your file has been completed. Nither of these situations change your early, regular, or late decision standing. We are unable to release decisions by phone or email. All final decisions will be mailed.

jmoc2009

New

Post by jmoc2009 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:47 pm

bcb1986 wrote:Status update to "Decision Rendered" 1/30

3.8/162/FT Only

for those of you who were admitted, did your application status ever change to decision rendered?

nukelaloosh

New

Post by nukelaloosh » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:50 pm

jmoc2009 wrote:

3.8/162/FT Only

for those of you who were admitted, did your application status ever change to decision rendered?
Funny you asked--mine just changed to Decision Rendered with today's date.

screech

New

Post by screech » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:52 pm

jmoc2009 wrote:mine still says complete as of 1/28 (PT), but i did get this notice at the top of the page:

You may notice that your current status date has changed. This is either because a portion of your file has been updated or the initial review of your file has been completed. Nither of these situations change your early, regular, or late decision standing. We are unable to release decisions by phone or email. All final decisions will be mailed.
+1

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

nontradintexas

Bronze

Post by nontradintexas » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:56 pm

nukelaloosh wrote:
jmoc2009 wrote:

3.8/162/FT Only

+1

OasisFan

Bronze

Post by OasisFan » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:56 pm

screech wrote:
jmoc2009 wrote:mine still says complete as of 1/28 (PT), but i did get this notice at the top of the page:

+1
care to share #'s? I applied FT/PT (then changed it only to PT) and am held for further review...

mine has this on the top of the page:
"Your current status has changed to "Held for Further Review." Although your application has been reviewed, we have deferred making a final decision until we are able to review at least some of the regular decision applications. Your file will go through another review cycle later this Spring and you will be notified of a final decision by the end of April. We are unable to release decisions by phone or email. All final decisions will be mailed. "

bcb1986

New

Post by bcb1986 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:57 pm

nontradintexas wrote:
nukelaloosh wrote:
jmoc2009 wrote:

3.8/162/FT Only

+1
alright, i'm breathing a little easier now. haha.

screech

New

Post by screech » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:58 pm

OasisFan wrote:
screech wrote:

+1
care to share #'s? I applied FT/PT (then changed it only to PT) and am held for further review...

mine has this on the top of the page:
"Your current status has changed to "Held for Further Review." Although your application has been reviewed, we have deferred making a final decision until we are able to review at least some of the regular decision applications. Your file will go through another review cycle later this Spring and you will be notified of a final decision by the end of April. We are unable to release decisions by phone or email. All final decisions will be mailed. "
159/3.93 FT&PT

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”