Anybody heard back from SMU?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Mustangcoug
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Postby Mustangcoug » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:10 pm

should i be worried??? still no word from SMU. My status still says Application Completed since 4/30.

nontradintexas
Posts: 153
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:01 am

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Postby nontradintexas » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:16 pm

Anyone know if there are any computer/software discounts available through SMU? I'm looking to buy a new laptop and was wondering if SMU has any deals with any manufacturers. I couldn't find anything in the admissions packet...

bill51
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 pm

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Postby bill51 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:15 pm

nontradintexas wrote:Anyone know if there are any computer/software discounts available through SMU? I'm looking to buy a new laptop and was wondering if SMU has any deals with any manufacturers. I couldn't find anything in the admissions packet...


Everyone I've talked to says SMU has terrible license agreements.

Machiavellian
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:54 pm

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Postby Machiavellian » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:22 pm

BigAristotle wrote:Anyone expecting any waitlist movement post June 1st Seat Depost date?

To be honest, I am not sure when to expect any news...

nontradintexas
Posts: 153
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:01 am

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Postby nontradintexas » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:03 pm

betasteve wrote:
nontradintexas wrote:Anyone know if there are any computer/software discounts available through SMU? I'm looking to buy a new laptop and was wondering if SMU has any deals with any manufacturers. I couldn't find anything in the admissions packet...

Mac or PC?



PC

User avatar
Hook 'Em
Posts: 153
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:00 pm

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Postby Hook 'Em » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:59 am

I withdrew last night from my spot in the Part-Time program. SMU was my original target when I began the application process, and it was really hard to send the withdrawal e-mail. Good luck to everyone still waiting, and I someone on TLS gets my spot (sorry Big A, I know this does nothing for your chances :mrgreen: ).

thiscyclesucks
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 9:58 am

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Postby thiscyclesucks » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:55 am

Where ya headed now?

Hook 'Em wrote:I withdrew last night from my spot in the Part-Time program. SMU was my original target when I began the application process, and it was really hard to send the withdrawal e-mail. Good luck to everyone still waiting, and I someone on TLS gets my spot (sorry Big A, I know this does nothing for your chances :mrgreen: ).

OasisFan
Posts: 238
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:48 pm

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Postby OasisFan » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:59 am

thiscyclesucks wrote:Where ya headed now?

Hook 'Em wrote:I withdrew last night from my spot in the Part-Time program. SMU was my original target when I began the application process, and it was really hard to send the withdrawal e-mail. Good luck to everyone still waiting, and I someone on TLS gets my spot (sorry Big A, I know this does nothing for your chances :mrgreen: ).


It was between SMU PT and Illinois right? It's a great school man, Congrats and best of luck!

User avatar
Hook 'Em
Posts: 153
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:00 pm

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Postby Hook 'Em » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:34 am

OasisFan wrote:
thiscyclesucks wrote:Where ya headed now?

Hook 'Em wrote:I withdrew last night from my spot in the Part-Time program. SMU was my original target when I began the application process, and it was really hard to send the withdrawal e-mail. Good luck to everyone still waiting, and I someone on TLS gets my spot (sorry Big A, I know this does nothing for your chances :mrgreen: ).


It was between SMU PT and Illinois right? It's a great school man, Congrats and best of luck!


Yep, I'll be at Illinois next year. I really love Dallas, but I couldn't justify passing on Illinois's scholarship offer. Good luck at SMU, and have fun in Dallas. I'll be out there at least once in the fall to watch my team beat the crap out of OU.

Rachyk
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:07 am

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Postby Rachyk » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:50 am

Waitlist update-I called this morning to see when we can anticipate some movement on the waitlist. The girl that I spoke with informed me that they are still receiving seat deposits as they had to be POSTMARKED not necessarily received by June 1. She also informed that they are very busy so she can not give me an answer as to when we will see any movement.

User avatar
chadwick218
Posts: 1337
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:15 pm

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Postby chadwick218 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:52 am

As a lurker to this thread, if SMU is so successful this year (as evidenced by the amount of seat deposits already placed), then where are these applicants? They certainly don't appear to hang-out on TLS.
Last edited by chadwick218 on Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

LSmit1723
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 7:11 pm

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Postby LSmit1723 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:10 am

Rachyk wrote:Waitlist update-I called this morning to see when we can anticipate some movement on the waitlist. The girl that I spoke with informed me that they are still receiving seat deposits as they had to be POSTMARKED not necessarily received by June 1. She also informed that they are very busy so she can not give me an answer as to when we will see any movement.


AHHHHHHHHHH!

That is all.

User avatar
BigAristotle
Posts: 172
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:57 pm

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Postby BigAristotle » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:50 am

chadwick218 wrote:As a lurker to this thread, if SMU is so successful this year (as evidenced by the amount of seat deposits already placed), then where are these applicants? They certainly don't appear to hang-out on TLS.


SMU's never had a strong LSN/Chiashu presence. The 3 people I know who will be attending SMU for certain this fall haven't touched any site involving it.

OasisFan
Posts: 238
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:48 pm

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Postby OasisFan » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:43 pm

BigAristotle wrote:
chadwick218 wrote:As a lurker to this thread, if SMU is so successful this year (as evidenced by the amount of seat deposits already placed), then where are these applicants? They certainly don't appear to hang-out on TLS.


SMU's never had a strong LSN/Chiashu presence. The 3 people I know who will be attending SMU for certain this fall haven't touched any site involving it.


+1 bear in mind that they only have 3 sections of 90 students (one of which is PT)

so approximately 180 students will be in the day programs, which is VERY small considering some of the other schools out there.

User avatar
JD2008
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:31 pm

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Postby JD2008 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:53 pm

nontradintexas wrote:Anyone know if there are any computer/software discounts available through SMU? I'm looking to buy a new laptop and was wondering if SMU has any deals with any manufacturers. I couldn't find anything in the admissions packet...


I think you would be better off getting a laptop from Dell or Best Buy, but you should definitely purchase Microsoft Office and Virus Protection software from the SMU computer store.

CatfishBlues
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 3:54 pm

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Postby CatfishBlues » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:47 pm

Waitlisted today via status checker.

Machiavellian
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:54 pm

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Postby Machiavellian » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:13 pm

CatfishBlues wrote:Waitlisted today via status checker.

Grats!

Mustangcoug
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Postby Mustangcoug » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:43 pm

waitlisted on friday via status checker....hello, UofH.

User avatar
eamonbriggs08
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Postby eamonbriggs08 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:40 pm

Mustangcoug wrote:waitlisted on friday via status checker....hello, UofH.


word.

User avatar
sapereaude2012
Posts: 81
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:11 pm

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Postby sapereaude2012 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:21 pm

I withdrew from the waitilst Friday, best of luck to you guys still waiting!

raoul79
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:10 am

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Postby raoul79 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:27 pm

Anyone have any inside info on whether SMU will be moving on their waitlist?
Have they over committed on their class?

smiley26
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:21 pm

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Postby smiley26 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:31 pm

raoul79 wrote:Anyone have any inside info on whether SMU will be moving on their waitlist?
Have they over committed on their class?


why don't you call and ask...
one more word from me, and they will probably throw my application in the trash.

Rachyk
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:07 am

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Postby Rachyk » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:32 pm

When I talked to them on the 3rd I was told that they would not know for weeks when or how many would be moved off the waitlist......I'm not sure if anybody else has heard anything different......

ag801
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Postby ag801 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:12 pm

When I called Tuesday, they said they were currently reviewing the wait-list. They had not over-committed their class and they had the goal of extending offers soon. Let's hope that rings true!

bill51
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 pm

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Postby bill51 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:35 pm

ag801 wrote:When I called Tuesday, they said they were currently reviewing the wait-list. They had not over-committed their class and they had the goal of extending offers soon. Let's hope that rings true!


Exciting news, thanks for sharing!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bob loblaw law blog, BruiseWillis, Christinabruin, jurisdoctor2020, monotonemr, proteinshake, trohara14 and 27 guests