Anybody heard back from SMU?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
cybpiero
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 12:12 pm

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Postby cybpiero » Wed May 13, 2009 11:44 pm

I am still "application completed" as well...

mynameisizy
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:21 pm

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Postby mynameisizy » Thu May 14, 2009 12:37 am

had a friend accepted today. his numbers were 159/3.2

OasisFan
Posts: 238
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:48 pm

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Postby OasisFan » Thu May 14, 2009 1:04 am

Thanks to everybody for the encouraging words. Yeah SMU was my top choice for a number of reasons (family, being the best school in DFW, etc) so you could imagine how glad I was to finally be in...and also considering that it was my first Tier 1 acceptance (i got into Miami and Texas Tech and waitlisted everywhere else) so it made my decision very easy.

I got admitted for the PT program which is fine with me and as soon as I get more info from the admissions packet I'll report back.

Thanks again all 8)

thiscyclesucks
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 9:58 am

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Postby thiscyclesucks » Thu May 14, 2009 9:29 am

Thank to logical reasoning on the LSAT, I've been able to deduce the following:

Status Checker: Waitlist = Waitlist

Status Checker: Decision Rendered (after 4/30/2009) = Good News

Phone Call (before status change) = Great News

Status Checker: No Change = twiddle my thumbs for a few more days


Anyone want to check my work?

User avatar
Hook 'Em
Posts: 153
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:00 pm

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Postby Hook 'Em » Thu May 14, 2009 10:03 am

sprint047 wrote:Hook 'Em-

My information says the PT dinner is Thursday evening, not Friday...



Wow, I guess I didn't really read the info. Thanks for the heads up.

Rachyk
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:07 am

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Postby Rachyk » Thu May 14, 2009 10:07 am

Congrats to everybody who got in!!! I am still kind of in shock that I was waitlisted considering my stats and all of my softs. I guess the criminal addendum did come back to bite me though............but good luck to all that will be attending!!! I'm thinking I will ride out the waitlist

User avatar
BigAristotle
Posts: 172
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:57 pm

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Postby BigAristotle » Thu May 14, 2009 11:55 am

Waitlisted within the last hour.

User avatar
Hook 'Em
Posts: 153
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:00 pm

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Postby Hook 'Em » Thu May 14, 2009 12:01 pm

BigAristotle wrote:Waitlisted within the last hour.


Sorry to hear that. Are you going to attempt to get off the waitlist? I'm not really sure what else they would want you to do.

User avatar
bcb1986
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:36 am

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Postby bcb1986 » Thu May 14, 2009 12:02 pm

BigAristotle wrote:Waitlisted within the last hour.

Sorry to hear that BigA---I was hoping to see you get in! It seems like SMU may be overly-cautious in regards to minor criminal history. Best of luck on the waitlist!

User avatar
BigAristotle
Posts: 172
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:57 pm

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Postby BigAristotle » Thu May 14, 2009 12:05 pm

I'll sit on the Waitlist until the first week of June, give them a week after the June 1st deposit deadline. I'm visiting/Apartment hunting in Houston June 10thish, so they pretty much have till then to accept and/or match my need based aid.

Not sure what else I can do, another LOCI isn't going to do much. Might have my attorney write a snippet about my criminal addendum, which is about to be expunged.

smubound
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:43 am

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Postby smubound » Thu May 14, 2009 12:17 pm

Did you get waitlisted for FT or PT?

User avatar
BigAristotle
Posts: 172
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:57 pm

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Postby BigAristotle » Thu May 14, 2009 12:27 pm

smubound wrote:Did you get waitlisted for FT or PT?


FT Only Applicant here.

User avatar
eamonbriggs08
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Postby eamonbriggs08 » Thu May 14, 2009 12:28 pm

Sorry BigA, that sucks. Oh well, I'm sure in the next couple hours I'll get the same status and we'll be 'Coogs' together for the next few years.

tcwhat
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:33 am

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Postby tcwhat » Thu May 14, 2009 1:07 pm

BigAristotle wrote:I'll sit on the Waitlist until the first week of June, give them a week after the June 1st deposit deadline. I'm visiting/Apartment hunting in Houston June 10thish, so they pretty much have till then to accept and/or match my need based aid.

Not sure what else I can do, another LOCI isn't going to do much. Might have my attorney write a snippet about my criminal addendum, which is about to be expunged.


Waitlisted along with you. Except that I am removing myself today. What a freaking joke.

User avatar
BigAristotle
Posts: 172
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:57 pm

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Postby BigAristotle » Thu May 14, 2009 1:09 pm

With TC waitlisted as well, I'm surmising that SMU's cycle is finally over. Waitlists are all thats left for those who still want to get in, and they probably won't be altered till 6/1/2009 or later.

tcwhat
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:33 am

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Postby tcwhat » Thu May 14, 2009 1:11 pm

BigAristotle wrote:With TC waitlisted as well, I'm surmising that SMU's cycle is finally over. Waitlists are all thats left for those who still want to get in, and they probably won't be altered till 6/1/2009 or later.


Our two waitlists look mighty odd on LSN.

nontradintexas
Posts: 153
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:01 am

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Postby nontradintexas » Thu May 14, 2009 1:14 pm

Sorry TC and BigA. I don't understand that. :(

smiley26
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:21 pm

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Postby smiley26 » Thu May 14, 2009 1:20 pm

tcwhat wrote:
BigAristotle wrote:With TC waitlisted as well, I'm surmising that SMU's cycle is finally over. Waitlists are all thats left for those who still want to get in, and they probably won't be altered till 6/1/2009 or later.


Our two waitlists look mighty odd on LSN.


+3

User avatar
Hook 'Em
Posts: 153
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:00 pm

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Postby Hook 'Em » Thu May 14, 2009 1:22 pm

tcwhat wrote:
BigAristotle wrote:I'll sit on the Waitlist until the first week of June, give them a week after the June 1st deposit deadline. I'm visiting/Apartment hunting in Houston June 10thish, so they pretty much have till then to accept and/or match my need based aid.

Not sure what else I can do, another LOCI isn't going to do much. Might have my attorney write a snippet about my criminal addendum, which is about to be expunged.


Waitlisted along with you. Except that I am removing myself today. What a freaking joke.


That sucks, sorry. I have no idea how they could reject your score.

mynameisizy
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:21 pm

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Postby mynameisizy » Thu May 14, 2009 1:24 pm

anybody who's been waitlisted get anything in the mail yet?

thiscyclesucks
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 9:58 am

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Postby thiscyclesucks » Thu May 14, 2009 2:01 pm

Waitlisted promptly @ 9:30 am this morning. Very anti-climactic

tcwhat
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:33 am

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Postby tcwhat » Thu May 14, 2009 2:16 pm

Withdrew via email with a brief piece of mind:

Upon logging into the status checker this afternoon, I discovered that a decision had been rendered and that I was placed on the waitlist for full time students. Unfortunately, I infer the likelihood of receiving a decision before July 1st, the deadline which I have given for all other schools, seems incredibly unlikely at this point. As such, please remove my name from the waitlist.

I'll spare you the diatribe and only state that I am insulted at the inordinate delay it took to render such an ineffective decision and I know I'm not alone. SMU's application was one of the few I paid for the application fee for and I now regret even considering SMU as a possibility and applying. Perhaps you will remedy the problems experienced this year in the future.


Ignore any possible grammatical/spelling errors - I don't care about them in this letter and you get the point anyways.

User avatar
patrickd139
Posts: 2883
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:53 pm

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Postby patrickd139 » Thu May 14, 2009 2:22 pm

tcwhat wrote:Withdrew via email with a brief piece of mind:

Upon logging into the status checker this afternoon, I discovered that a decision had been rendered and that I was placed on the waitlist for full time students. Unfortunately, I infer the likelihood of receiving a decision before July 1st, the deadline which I have given for all other schools, seems incredibly unlikely at this point. As such, please remove my name from the waitlist.

I'll spare you the diatribe and only state that I am insulted at the inordinate delay it took to render such an ineffective decision and I know I'm not alone. SMU's application was one of the few I paid for the application fee for and I now regret even considering SMU as a possibility and applying. Perhaps you will remedy the problems experienced this year in the future.


Ignore any possible grammatical/spelling errors - I don't care about them in this letter and you get the point anyways.


This is awesome.

User avatar
Adele
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:16 pm

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Postby Adele » Thu May 14, 2009 2:28 pm

Still NOTHING!! Really SMU??? All i have is app completed 4/30

User avatar
Adele
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:16 pm

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Postby Adele » Thu May 14, 2009 2:29 pm

tcwhat wrote:Withdrew via email with a brief piece of mind:

Upon logging into the status checker this afternoon, I discovered that a decision had been rendered and that I was placed on the waitlist for full time students. Unfortunately, I infer the likelihood of receiving a decision before July 1st, the deadline which I have given for all other schools, seems incredibly unlikely at this point. As such, please remove my name from the waitlist.

I'll spare you the diatribe and only state that I am insulted at the inordinate delay it took to render such an ineffective decision and I know I'm not alone. SMU's application was one of the few I paid for the application fee for and I now regret even considering SMU as a possibility and applying. Perhaps you will remedy the problems experienced this year in the future.


Ignore any possible grammatical/spelling errors - I don't care about them in this letter and you get the point anyways.


Loves it! Might have to borrow that soon...




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], henryyou and 10 guests