Anybody heard back from SMU?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
txelle
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:21 pm

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Postby txelle » Mon May 11, 2009 5:06 pm

yeah I'm staying on. I really want to be in Dallas so I'm holding out on this one as long as I can.

Jkess
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 9:50 pm

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Postby Jkess » Mon May 11, 2009 5:09 pm

So, what do you guys think youre going to do to try to get off the list? Send a LOCI? Another recommendation? Just wait...?

Horns4LYFE
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 5:04 pm

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Postby Horns4LYFE » Mon May 11, 2009 5:09 pm

Ok so,

I know I am new to this board but like most people, I am sure they check but never post. That was my situation.

I got a phone call today from one of the guys in the admissions office congratulating me for being accepted to the Fall 2009 1L class (full time).

This hit my like a ton of bricks...believe me I was not expecting it whatsoever. My status changed from 'application complete' to 'decision rendered' today around noon, got the phone call around 2 PM central time.

Hello 160K debt!

bill51
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 pm

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Postby bill51 » Mon May 11, 2009 5:10 pm

Just changed to "Waitlisted." I'll stay on for a while.

User avatar
BigAristotle
Posts: 172
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:57 pm

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Postby BigAristotle » Mon May 11, 2009 5:11 pm

Jkess wrote:So, what do you guys think youre going to do to try to get off the list? Send a LOCI? Another recommendation? Just wait...?


At this point, sexual favors are not out of the equation. Srsly.

User avatar
soccerchick47
Posts: 46
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:35 pm

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Postby soccerchick47 » Mon May 11, 2009 5:11 pm

Horns4LYFE wrote:Ok so,

I know I am new to this board but like most people, I am sure they check but never post. That was my situation.

I got a phone call today from one of the guys in the admissions office congratulating me for being accepted to the Fall 2009 1L class (full time).

This hit my like a ton of bricks...believe me I was not expecting it whatsoever. My status changed from 'application complete' to 'decision rendered' today around noon, got the phone call around 2 PM central time.

Hello 160K debt!



Congrats~ what are your numbers?

User avatar
Hook 'Em
Posts: 153
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:00 pm

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Postby Hook 'Em » Mon May 11, 2009 5:13 pm

Horns4LYFE wrote:Ok so,

I know I am new to this board but like most people, I am sure they check but never post. That was my situation.

I got a phone call today from one of the guys in the admissions office congratulating me for being accepted to the Fall 2009 1L class (full time).

This hit my like a ton of bricks...believe me I was not expecting it whatsoever. My status changed from 'application complete' to 'decision rendered' today around noon, got the phone call around 2 PM central time.

Hello 160K debt!


Wow, congrats to a fellow Longhorn!!!

OasisFan
Posts: 238
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:48 pm

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Postby OasisFan » Mon May 11, 2009 5:13 pm

Horns4LYFE wrote:Ok so,

I know I am new to this board but like most people, I am sure they check but never post. That was my situation.

I got a phone call today from one of the guys in the admissions office congratulating me for being accepted to the Fall 2009 1L class (full time).

This hit my like a ton of bricks...believe me I was not expecting it whatsoever. My status changed from 'application complete' to 'decision rendered' today around noon, got the phone call around 2 PM central time.

Hello 160K debt!



Can you please elaborate? Something about this seems fishy. Mind sharing #'s, if not would you PM me please?

Horns4LYFE
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 5:04 pm

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Postby Horns4LYFE » Mon May 11, 2009 5:15 pm

High GPA...low low LSAT...let's just say I submitted a deposit to STCL.

I still don't believe I got in...but hey, anything can happen.

User avatar
Adele
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:16 pm

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Postby Adele » Mon May 11, 2009 5:16 pm

pssssh no change for me...SMU undergrad, URM, whats the dealio Smooo?!?!

OasisFan
Posts: 238
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:48 pm

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Postby OasisFan » Mon May 11, 2009 5:23 pm

Adele wrote:pssssh no change for me...SMU undergrad, URM, whats the dealio Smooo?!?!


likewise...hopefully this is a good thing??

User avatar
BigAristotle
Posts: 172
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:57 pm

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Postby BigAristotle » Mon May 11, 2009 5:27 pm

So has anyone gotten a decision rendered at all today? I'm assuming a DR+No phone call=rejection.

My status still hasn't changed....and its 4:30 Central! GAH.

Horns4LYFE
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 5:04 pm

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Postby Horns4LYFE » Mon May 11, 2009 5:34 pm

checked status checker at 8:30 Central Time. Checked again at 12:20 PM Central, 'Decision Rendered'. Phone call from office of admissions at around 2 PM.

BigAristotle wrote:So has anyone gotten a decision rendered at all today? I'm assuming a DR+No phone call=rejection.

My status still hasn't changed....and its 4:30 Central! GAH.

tcwhat
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:33 am

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Postby tcwhat » Mon May 11, 2009 5:35 pm

BigAristotle wrote:So has anyone gotten a decision rendered at all today? I'm assuming a DR+No phone call=rejection.

My status still hasn't changed....and its 4:30 Central! GAH.



I'm right there with you.

OasisFan
Posts: 238
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:48 pm

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Postby OasisFan » Mon May 11, 2009 5:37 pm

tcwhat wrote:
BigAristotle wrote:So has anyone gotten a decision rendered at all today? I'm assuming a DR+No phone call=rejection.

My status still hasn't changed....and its 4:30 Central! GAH.



I'm right there with you.


+1

User avatar
BigAristotle
Posts: 172
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:57 pm

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Postby BigAristotle » Mon May 11, 2009 5:37 pm

tcwhat wrote:
BigAristotle wrote:So has anyone gotten a decision rendered at all today? I'm assuming a DR+No phone call=rejection.

My status still hasn't changed....and its 4:30 Central! GAH.



I'm right there with you.


I think TC and I are linked at the hip-- high(er) LSATs, low GPA, miscellaneous addendums are keeping us down.

OasisFan
Posts: 238
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:48 pm

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Postby OasisFan » Mon May 11, 2009 6:01 pm

5:00 PM Central Time and My app says Application Completed

hopefully this is not a bad thing :?

User avatar
BigAristotle
Posts: 172
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:57 pm

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Postby BigAristotle » Mon May 11, 2009 6:05 pm

OasisFan wrote:5:00 PM Central Time and My app says Application Completed

hopefully this is not a bad thing :?


Agreed. Otherwise.....

--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
eamonbriggs08
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Postby eamonbriggs08 » Mon May 11, 2009 6:12 pm

weak sauce. just called (5:14pm central time) and went to voicemail.

At this point, it's just a teeny-tiny bit longer until they start receiving applications for 2010 to start evaluating before mine. ;-)
Last edited by eamonbriggs08 on Mon May 11, 2009 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Giletal
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:46 am

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Postby Giletal » Mon May 11, 2009 6:17 pm

Waitlisted as of today. :cry:

raoul79
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:10 am

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Postby raoul79 » Mon May 11, 2009 6:49 pm

To those who didn't get waitlisted.... Is that it? I thought Eammmons and Aristotle where going to get in....

User avatar
BigAristotle
Posts: 172
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:57 pm

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Postby BigAristotle » Mon May 11, 2009 6:50 pm

raoul79 wrote:To those who didn't get waitlisted.... Is that it? I thought Eammmons and Aristotle where going to get in....


I have no clue whats going on. If I'm not waitlisted, why not reject me in Jan after ED? Or reject me on April 30th? Why invite me down for an interview? Shrug. Going to call tomorrow.

argentinabrends
Posts: 28
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:09 am

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Postby argentinabrends » Mon May 11, 2009 6:54 pm

OasisFan wrote:
Adele wrote:pssssh no change for me...SMU undergrad, URM, whats the dealio Smooo?!?!


likewise...hopefully this is a good thing??


+1

Attorney2012
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:30 pm

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Postby Attorney2012 » Mon May 11, 2009 8:18 pm

Pls give update after u call...thanks!
BigAristotle wrote:
raoul79 wrote:To those who didn't get waitlisted.... Is that it? I thought Eammmons and Aristotle where going to get in....


I have no clue whats going on. If I'm not waitlisted, why not reject me in Jan after ED? Or reject me on April 30th? Why invite me down for an interview? Shrug. Going to call tomorrow.

Attorney2012
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:30 pm

Re: Anybody heard back from SMU?

Postby Attorney2012 » Mon May 11, 2009 8:22 pm

Horns4lyfe - congrats on your acceptance. Since you seem to be the only one (w/in select group of posters) who got the acceptance call today please post more details when you can - scholarship $$$ (if any), new admit meeting, when deposits for new admits are due, your decision (accept or decline) etc. It'd be helpful to know status of new admits from 5/11 batch...thanks!

Horns4LYFE wrote:checked status checker at 8:30 Central Time. Checked again at 12:20 PM Central, 'Decision Rendered'. Phone call from office of admissions at around 2 PM.

BigAristotle wrote:So has anyone gotten a decision rendered at all today? I'm assuming a DR+No phone call=rejection.

My status still hasn't changed....and its 4:30 Central! GAH.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”