The Official in at Richmond Thread Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
GordonBombay

Bronze

Re: The Official in at Richmond Thread

Post by GordonBombay » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:20 pm

apper123 wrote:
GordonBombay wrote:Just got a call from the dean Saturday. I'm in and she asked if I had my FAFSA complete. Sounds like there's not a ton of money to be had. From Virginia Beach and hoping to work in DC, and this is my first acceptance (Deadline applicant). Has anyone else received word on $$?
When I was accepted I talked to Dean Rahman about $$. Things did not sound optimistic at all, but much to my surprise I received a generous offer a month later. From what I've seen, they are pretty generous with $$ around here. What are your #s?

haha just realized this is the old thread from last year

haha Now I have to. Oops. 166/3.18

old score was 161, got the 166 and phone call the same day

bleedcubbieblue

Bronze

Post by bleedcubbieblue » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:26 pm

Accepted via phone call on 3/5. Packet is in the mail, nice!

jjinva

New

Post by jjinva » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:09 pm

I called, they are making decisions the last week of March. But apparently they have made decisions already for their most attractive candidates. They said decisions will come in the mail - they don't have an online status checker.

AirenAdamonis

New

Post by AirenAdamonis » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:22 pm

jjinva wrote:I called, they are making decisions the last week of March. But apparently they have made decisions already for their most attractive candidates. They said decisions will come in the mail - they don't have an online status checker.
Ughhh..."Their most attractive candidates..." Did they really say that? I met Dean Rahman a few weeks ago when she came to my college and she asked me to write my name down so that she could look up my file when she returned to Richmond the next day. That was like 2 weeks ago...Anyone have any idea what could be going on? I just visited this school last week during my Spring Break and it is definitely my top choice. I just wish they would let me in!!!

Lost in Eden

New

Post by Lost in Eden » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:27 pm

Visited the campus yesterday. Richmond is a BEAUTIFUL campus for those who haven't been there, and the LS is gorgeous and very modern. The Admissions staff was really amazing, absolutely went out of their way.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

dibs

Bronze

Post by dibs » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:29 pm

that's bizarre. simulatenous to reading this post, i saw lostineden's LSN profile featured as most recently updated.

stayway

Silver

Post by stayway » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:33 pm

well i applied early november. they cashed my 35 dollar check. and all ive been getting is tons of advertising post cards and brochures from them.

WHAT IS GOING ON?

CmonSD

Bronze

Post by CmonSD » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:37 pm

nooyyllib wrote:well i applied early november. they cashed my 35 dollar check. and all ive been getting is tons of advertising post cards and brochures from them.

WHAT IS GOING ON?
+1 I have something from them in my mailbox almost daily! At least they stopped sending large white packets from admissions....that was just mean.

AirenAdamonis

New

Post by AirenAdamonis » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:50 pm

November...wow that was a while ago. Have you tried calling them? I wonder what could be taking so long. Has anyone been waitlisted yet? I'm worried that all of the waitlist/rejection letters are coming at the end of this month and maybe I've been waiting around for bad news:(

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

stayway

Silver

Post by stayway » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:57 pm

i mean i dont really care about Urich right now since I got into Villanova (higher ranked school with $$). but STILL

AirenAdamonis

New

Post by AirenAdamonis » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:59 pm

congrats!!!

dibs

Bronze

Post by dibs » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:39 pm

accepted tonight while drunk at a pub for st paddy's day.

took the phone call from the dean outside and managed an eloquent and coherent thank you.

first acceptance and happiest day of my life.

CmonSD

Bronze

Post by CmonSD » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:58 pm

Waitlisted today......."We are pleased to inform you..........waitlist." Just cruel. But, I do have to say, it was the nicest waitlist letter I have read yet.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

traceface

New

Post by traceface » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:54 pm

So....... I'm pretty positive I will be attending Richmond in the fall! I'm waiting to hear back from UNC-Chapel Hill (my undergrad) but I'm not deluding myself at this point. THAT BEING SAID... does anyone have any good resources for nice-yet-affordable apartments in the UofR area? Even better, anyone looking for roommates or know of someone looking for roommates for the fall? Feel free to message me.

Also, I'm going up to visit and take a look around next weekend... any advice for things to look at/to do? From the literature I've read on Richmond Law and the area surrounding it, I'm pretty sold on the idea of the location.

Chunk

New

Post by Chunk » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:15 pm

traceface wrote:does anyone have any good resources for nice-yet-affordable apartments in the UofR area? Even better, anyone looking for roommates or know of someone looking for roommates for the fall? Feel free to message me.

Also, I'm going up to visit and take a look around next weekend... any advice for things to look at/to do? From the literature I've read on Richmond Law and the area surrounding it, I'm pretty sold on the idea of the location.
Don't have any resources for apartments, but I'd recommend you check out the area around Cary St. Just start at the west side and walk east to get a flavor of Richmond. There's an Edgar Allen Poe museum if you're into that kind of thing. If the weather is nice, make a point to check out Maymont Park. Both Cary St. and Shockoe Bottom have some good night life, but don't stray too far off the main drag.

I hope you enjoy it, I may see you there in the fall

traceface

New

Post by traceface » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:19 pm

Chunk: Awesome! I'm hoping the weather will be nice, and that park would be a fun thing to do.

I've found a few apartments (online) in the Fan around around Cary St. in particular, but they're definitely pricier and a little far away from the campus... Google Maps estimates it anywhere between 12 and 17 minutes. Does anyone know if Richmond Law kids actually live closer to campus rather than closer to the Fan? (Forgive me if I'm misuing terminology, I know nothing of Richmond yet). I mean, I think it'd be awesome to live by the nightlife of Richmond, but I don't want to miss out if people are congregating closer to campus for bar nights, etc.

apper123

Silver

Post by apper123 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:36 pm

traceface wrote:Chunk: Awesome! I'm hoping the weather will be nice, and that park would be a fun thing to do.

I've found a few apartments (online) in the Fan around around Cary St. in particular, but they're definitely pricier and a little far away from the campus... Google Maps estimates it anywhere between 12 and 17 minutes. Does anyone know if Richmond Law kids actually live closer to campus rather than closer to the Fan? (Forgive me if I'm misuing terminology, I know nothing of Richmond yet). I mean, I think it'd be awesome to live by the nightlife of Richmond, but I don't want to miss out if people are congregating closer to campus for bar nights, etc.
Richmond students literally live all over the place. Many in the fan... many closer to campus... many other places... some very far away.. I'd live closer to campus, but that's just me.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

crysmissmichelle

Bronze

Post by crysmissmichelle » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:09 am

Some places pretty close to campus that are also nice are off of Horsepen/Three Chopt area. . .The Village at Horsepen is reasonably priced, close to campus and quite nice. . . .townhouse style places. . .big closets. A few places even have utilities included in the rent close to campus

I never like the fan area because it's pretty much row houses, older with everything else older too . . . .AC/heat/plumbing. . .street parking only and it's really more of a VCU place to live (but if you like the older style houses it is perfect for you!) Some sections are also pretty "fratty" I've lived in this area for 9 years went to VCU, but REFUSE to live in the city sections. . .just not for me. . .

Thunder Jones

Bronze

Post by Thunder Jones » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:15 am

I really like Richmond, but I just can't bring myself to pay sticker. I wish they'd take some of the mailing and printing costs from all these postcards and turn it into another scholarship!

apper123

Silver

Post by apper123 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:17 am

Thunder Jones wrote:I really like Richmond, but I just can't bring myself to pay sticker. I wish they'd take some of the mailing and printing costs from all these postcards and turn it into another scholarship!
Have you called Dean Rahman and asked for $$ help? I know people who got no $$, asked and were given some. It is very reasonable for you to say (in more words/a less direct way than this): "I'd really like to come here, but I just don't think I will be able to at the sticker price. Is there anything you can do to help me out?"

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”