In at Rutgers Newark!!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
caoyun

Re: In at Rutgers Newark!!!

Postby caoyun » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:32 am

Withdrew today. Was offered a full scholarship, so I hope that money can go to some of you. Good luck!

coolkatz321

Postby coolkatz321 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:37 am

Was anyone else deferred at Rutgers? They deferred my application way back in January and I haven't heard anything since. I was pretty sure my numbers gave me a really good shot at admission...

LSATfromNC

Postby LSATfromNC » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:57 am

I'm out, good luck people.

ghelpme

Postby ghelpme » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:41 am

I was also deferred in January still anxiously waiting to hear....wondering when?

ghelpme

Postby ghelpme » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:43 am

I thought my numbers were in there also....dont get it

premierock

Postby premierock » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:49 am

The whole admissions process for me at rutgers has been a nightmare...b/w them claiming that I never sent my check and signature to being deferred, its been a 6 month process. it should not take this long to make a decision...but god do i really hope im accepted haha

Zeph

Postby Zeph » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:53 am

Yep, looks like those that are deferred are gonna have to sweat it out in the next couple weeks and see what happens

coolkatz321

Postby coolkatz321 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:54 am

premierock wrote:The whole admissions process for me at rutgers has been a nightmare...b/w them claiming that I never sent my check and signature to being deferred, its been a 6 month process. it should not take this long to make a decision...but god do i really hope im accepted haha

Yeah, I agree. I just sent an email to them, so hopefully we'll have an idea soon enough. I'm pretty much set on my decision, but I'd like to see what Rutgers decides, especially because I'm in-state.

premierock

Postby premierock » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:32 pm

coolkatz321 wrote:
premierock wrote:The whole admissions process for me at rutgers has been a nightmare...b/w them claiming that I never sent my check and signature to being deferred, its been a 6 month process. it should not take this long to make a decision...but god do i really hope im accepted haha

Yeah, I agree. I just sent an email to them, so hopefully we'll have an idea soon enough. I'm pretty much set on my decision, but I'd like to see what Rutgers decides, especially because I'm in-state.

yeah i'm an in-state too - go jersey!! let us know what happens coolkatz

ComingtoNY

Postby ComingtoNY » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:10 pm

i spoke with admissions last friday.

They haven't begun to look at deferrals yet, and are unlikely to do so for 2 weeks.

I count myself among the disappointed.

ghelpme

Postby ghelpme » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:16 pm

to all of you deferrals...if not accepted to Rutgers where are you going? I sent in a deposit to St Johns

dapoetic1

Postby dapoetic1 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:34 pm

ghelpme wrote:to all of you deferrals...if not accepted to Rutgers where are you going? I sent in a deposit to St Johns

Oddly enough I went complete at St. John's back in October YES OCTOBER and still haven't received a decision. I was giving them the benefit of the doubt and figured I'd hear something by April. But....NO!!! If they tell me something crazy like decisions take a lot of time I'm throwing the bull sh-t flag and asking for my money back.
I even have the email where my address was updated so there's no excuse. 6 months. It's almost laughable. But a little common courtesy. I gave you money to judge me don't let me down.

Obviously I'm not going to St J. but geesh at least do your job.

maxima099

Postby maxima099 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:16 am

dapoetic1 wrote:
ghelpme wrote:to all of you deferrals...if not accepted to Rutgers where are you going? I sent in a deposit to St Johns

Oddly enough I went complete at St. John's back in October YES OCTOBER and still haven't received a decision. I was giving them the benefit of the doubt and figured I'd hear something by April. But....NO!!! If they tell me something crazy like decisions take a lot of time I'm throwing the bull sh-t flag and asking for my money back.
I even have the email where my address was updated so there's no excuse. 6 months. It's almost laughable. But a little common courtesy. I gave you money to judge me don't let me down.

I don't really admire the way the conduct business over in St. Johns. How do they expect to remain competitive when much higher ranked schools are accepting me months before SJU could even confirm my application! They're really unorganized. I told the dean via email that I had to turn down SJU - and she still kept sending me "welcome to sju" emails - simply annoying.

passitback

Postby passitback » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:26 am

dapoetic1 wrote:

That sucks. i went complete in January and was accepted two days ago. I learned via email. I was invited to attend a dinner for admitted students. I replied by asking if I was accepted. Shortly thereafter, I received an email telling me that I had been admitted.

I am on the WL @ Columbia -shocker!

Regardless, I may not be able to attend law school this cycle, and will probably have to withdraw all of my applications.

Zeph

Postby Zeph » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:02 am

passitback wrote:
dapoetic1 wrote:

That sucks. i went complete in January and was accepted two days ago. I learned via email. I was invited to attend a dinner for admitted students. I replied by asking if I was accepted. Shortly thereafter, I received an email telling me that I had been admitted.

I am on the WL @ Columbia -shocker!

Regardless, I may not be able to attend law school this cycle, and will probably have to withdraw all of my applications.

dude ride out the WL at Columbia and see what happens...

ghelpme

Postby ghelpme » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:41 am

not sure what I think anymore....they were suppose to let us know no later than the 16th...I guess Im not going to count on Rutgers

Zeph

Postby Zeph » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:00 pm

ghelpme wrote:not sure what I think anymore....they were suppose to let us know no later than the 16th...I guess Im not going to count on Rutgers

dont lose hope, we will prob start seeing movement in a week or so

dapoetic1

Postby dapoetic1 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:01 pm

ghelpme wrote:not sure what I think anymore....they were suppose to let us know no later than the 16th...I guess Im not going to count on Rutgers

Hang in there!!
A lot of seat deposits were due yesterday. That should've opened up some spots.

ghelpme

Postby ghelpme » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:17 pm

Thanks ....you guys are really sweet

Zeph

Postby Zeph » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:30 pm

ghelpme wrote:Thanks ....you guys are really sweet

we are in this together =)

maxima099

Postby maxima099 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:24 pm

Zeph wrote:
ghelpme wrote:Thanks ....you guys are really sweet

we are in this together =)

I hope "ghelpme" is a female and "Zeph" is a male.

Or vice versa.

Or both female LOL

but yes - we are all in this together! :)

olesya154

Postby olesya154 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:00 pm

My heart almost stopped when I saw an email entitled "Update on your Rutgers Law School Application" a few minutes ago. As predicted, those who were originally deferred will not be hearing back any time soon. Quoting Dean Walton: "we will not be able to act on your file until the end of April".

A'nold

Postby A'nold » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:09 pm

LOL! Did you guys see the "mistaken" inundated email? All they did for the next one is change the date. Wow, really classy R-N! They made it sound at first like this was a special thing but really just copied and pasted from last year. LOL!!!!!!!!!

Danteshek

Postby Danteshek » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:13 pm

A'nold wrote:LOL! Did you guys see the "mistaken" inundated email? All they did for the next one is change the date. Wow, really classy R-N! They made it sound at first like this was a special thing but really just copied and pasted from last year. LOL!!!!!!!!!

+1.

Attention to detail is clearly not a strong suit.

klmnumbers

Postby klmnumbers » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:52 pm

Case Western or U Pitt.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”