In at Rutgers Newark!!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Zeph

Re: In at Rutgers Newark!!!

Postby Zeph » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:02 pm

Giles Rich wrote:

Zeph, I withdrew from RN and I'm hoping my spot goes to you. Good luck![/quote]

Thanks my friend =)

So its Seton Hall for you?

Currently, since I'm not in at Rutgers, I'm deciding between St. John's and Seton Hall...

premierock

Postby premierock » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:08 pm

olesya154 wrote:
Zeph wrote:
OnAMission wrote:I also got the email yesterday! Great to have the weight lifted off my chest! Good luck to everyone still waiting...

were you on hold or just a regular acceptance?

No luck for us Zeph! :D I wonder how they are going to notify so many people before April 15th with the holidays and all...

Did they tell the deferred students that we will definitley hear by April 15?

olesya154

Postby olesya154 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:55 pm

The only thing my status checker is displaying is my LSAT score :(

olesya154

Postby olesya154 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:58 pm

premierock wrote:
olesya154 wrote:
Zeph wrote:
OnAMission wrote:I also got the email yesterday! Great to have the weight lifted off my chest! Good luck to everyone still waiting...

were you on hold or just a regular acceptance?

No luck for us Zeph! :D I wonder how they are going to notify so many people before April 15th with the holidays and all...

Did they tell the deferred students that we will definitley hear by April 15?

My email said: "the latest you would hear from us would be mid-April."

JPetrella18

Postby JPetrella18 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:09 pm

Just withdrew from 20K per year offer...hopefully someone who really wants it will get my spot and my money. Enjoy paying off your debt quickly. I'll be living in a Chinese food box paying off loans until 2050, haha.

Best of luck everyone!

dapoetic1

Postby dapoetic1 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:12 pm

JPetrella18 wrote:Just withdrew from 20K per year offer...hopefully someone who really wants it will get my spot and my money. Enjoy paying off your debt quickly. I'll be living in a Chinese food box paying off loans until 2050, haha.

Best of luck everyone!

Where r u headed?

JPetrella18

Postby JPetrella18 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:16 pm

dapoetic1 wrote:
JPetrella18 wrote:Just withdrew from 20K per year offer...hopefully someone who really wants it will get my spot and my money. Enjoy paying off your debt quickly. I'll be living in a Chinese food box paying off loans until 2050, haha.

Best of luck everyone!

Where r u headed?

Officially, I'm deciding between William and Mary and Cardozo.

Unofficially, I'm headed to Cardozo...shhhhh.

Keep me posted regarding your decision, man. It's been great to talk to someone going through a similar process. Best of luck to you!

klmnumbers

Postby klmnumbers » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:22 pm

This school is seriously killing me. If I got in here, I would go 100%. It's the cheapest option for me, and it's location is exactly what I want - near but not in NY. Being on hold sucks. I really hope they magically notify me before I send in seat deposits to Pitt and Case and potentially waste money. =(

lawlschoolcandid

Postby lawlschoolcandid » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:24 pm

Best of luck everyone!

Were you notified of your scholarship via the e-mail from Dean Walton or in your acceptance package?

JPetrella18

Postby JPetrella18 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:27 pm

lawlschoolcandid wrote:

Best of luck everyone!

Were you notified of your scholarship via the e-mail from Dean Walton or in your acceptance package?

It was in my acceptance letter.

stvbckwth

Postby stvbckwth » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:32 pm

I just got my acceptance letter, with a small merit scholarship. Does anyone know approximately how long it may take to hear from financial aid? I sent my FAFSA in about a month and a half ago. Also, any idea how much i can expect in grants? I only earned about 12k last year.

P.S. does anyone know exactly what the tuition and R&B costs for 09-10 will be?

OnAMission

Postby OnAMission » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:40 pm

olesya154 wrote:The only thing my status checker is displaying is my LSAT score :(

I was accepted yesterday and today when I checked the status checker it still says "No Decision". So I wouldn't invest any effort worrying about what the status checker displays...

olesya154

Postby olesya154 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:40 pm

stvbckwth wrote:I just got my acceptance letter, with a small merit scholarship. Does anyone know approximately how long it may take to hear from financial aid? I sent my FAFSA in about a month and a half ago. Also, any idea how much i can expect in grants? I only earned about 12k last year.

Congrats!

Zeph

Postby Zeph » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:18 pm

premierock wrote:Did they tell the deferred students that we will definitley hear by April 15?

Umm I don't think they said a definite, so we have to sweat it out.

OnAMission wrote:I wouldn't invest any effort worrying about what the status checker displays...

I agree, it said my personal statement wasn't there, or something to that effect.

Best of luck everyone!

and thank you!

dapoetic1

Postby dapoetic1 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:23 pm

stvbckwth wrote:I just got my acceptance letter, with a small merit scholarship. Does anyone know approximately how long it may take to hear from financial aid? I sent my FAFSA in about a month and a half ago. Also, any idea how much i can expect in grants? I only earned about 12k last year.

When I spoke to the lady in fin-aid she said the tuition (in-state) is ~$21,000 and they estimated $18-22k/year for R&B in the COA budget.
But the official 2009-2010 CoA isn't out yet.

The Evil Genius

Postby The Evil Genius » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:57 pm

JPetrella18 wrote:
Officially, I'm deciding between William and Mary and Cardozo.

Unofficially, I'm headed to Cardozo...shhhhh.

Keep me posted regarding your decision, man. It's been great to talk to someone going through a similar process. Best of luck to you!

Withdraw from W&M... I'm on their waitlist and am dying to go. If I don't get in, Rutgers-Newark it is.

ComingtoNY

Postby ComingtoNY » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:05 pm

Just an FYI, I stopped by Rutgers Newark Law Center last Saturday.

Outside the Admissions office they had approx 30-40 acceptance packages waiting to be mailed.

Good luck to those waiting to hear.... Including me.

dapoetic1

Postby dapoetic1 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:08 pm

ComingtoNY wrote:Just an FYI, I stopped by Rutgers Newark Law Center last Saturday.

Outside the Admissions office they had approx 30-40 acceptance packages waiting to be mailed.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

You just made about a dozen people make little bubbles in their pants!

Zeph

Postby Zeph » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:13 pm

dapoetic1 wrote:
ComingtoNY wrote:Just an FYI, I stopped by Rutgers Newark Law Center last Saturday.

Lol don't we need an email first?

The Evil Genius

Postby The Evil Genius » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:13 pm

Why'd you stop by the office? To try to get more $$?

dapoetic1

Postby dapoetic1 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:24 pm

Zeph wrote:
dapoetic1 wrote:

Lol don't we need an email first?

Zeph I didn't get an email a phone call or anything. And because of a HUGE mix up in the admissions office with my address I didn't get my acceptance packet until months after I had actually been accepted.
So maybe they'll just send out your acceptance packet today, and you'll get is in a few days and then I can see this new 'tar you were talking about!!!

stvbckwth

Postby stvbckwth » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:04 pm

dapoetic1 wrote:

When I spoke to the lady in fin-aid she said the tuition (in-state) is ~$21,000 and they estimated $18-22k/year for R&B in the COA budget.

18-22k??? holy crap that is a lot more than I expected. I was thinking more like 13-15k. Oh boy.

Does anyone know if the scholarship amt they give you in the acceptance package includes need-based grants? Or will I get additional money?

dapoetic1

Postby dapoetic1 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:16 pm

stvbckwth wrote:
dapoetic1 wrote:

18-22k??? holy crap that is a lot more than I expected. I was thinking more like 13-15k. Oh boy.

Does anyone know if the scholarship amt they give you in the acceptance package includes need-based grants? Or will I get additional money?

Sorry--I should specify the $18-22k/year for living is for off campus. Not university housing!!

The Evil Genius

Postby The Evil Genius » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:27 pm

You figure 1L in-state tuition and Rutgers provided housing runs you around the low 30's.

Zeph

Postby Zeph » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:07 pm

is the admissions office open today? lol

hope they are sending out emails ;)

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”