In at Rutgers Newark!!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
olesya154
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:09 pm

Re: In at Rutgers Newark!!!

Postby olesya154 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:13 am

I wonder when they usually start admitting/rejecting/waitlisting deferred people...

User avatar
KosovasLostSon
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: In at Rutgers Newark!!!

Postby KosovasLostSon » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:44 am

Just got into Rutgers-Newark... I'm in-state and expecting some money... Seriously contemplating attending for 1L.

User avatar
klmnumbers
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:48 pm

Re: In at Rutgers Newark!!!

Postby klmnumbers » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:48 am

KosovasLostSon wrote:Just got into Rutgers-Newark... I'm in-state and expecting some money... Seriously contemplating attending for 1L.


through e-mail? When did you apply/go complete?

User avatar
KosovasLostSon
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: In at Rutgers Newark!!!

Postby KosovasLostSon » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:57 am

klmnumbers wrote:
KosovasLostSon wrote:Just got into Rutgers-Newark... I'm in-state and expecting some money... Seriously contemplating attending for 1L.


through e-mail? When did you apply/go complete?


I was notified through email... I only went complete on 2/21/09. They charged my credit card twice... Now that I've been accepted... I want my $65 back.

I wish all of you waitng good luck.... It feels good to have a fallback school.. 1 for 1... Let's see how long the streak can continue.

User avatar
k.e.l.l.y
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:56 pm

Re: In at Rutgers Newark!!!

Postby k.e.l.l.y » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:26 pm

I got in via email this morning at 10. I had just emailed them last night to find out my status (I never received an email about my file being complete and they never cashed my check). This is my first acceptance, and I was getting to the point of expecting all-around rejections.

Sent: 2/4
Received: 2/5
Complete: ?

LSAT: 161
GPA: 3.13

User avatar
KosovasLostSon
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: In at Rutgers Newark!!!

Postby KosovasLostSon » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:30 pm

Something for all you pepole to consider.... I'm from the 3rd world... So Newark's crime is nothing to me... But I don't know about the rest of you. Just a heads up. Crime is up. Way up in Newark... And will probably get much much worse with this economic downturn.

http://www.app.com/article/20090226/NEW ... /NEWSFRONT

User avatar
klmnumbers
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:48 pm

Re: In at Rutgers Newark!!!

Postby klmnumbers » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:42 pm

I'm starting to fear that they hated something on my application, because I applied 1/16/09 and went complete on 1/29/09. I thought I was definitely within their numbers: 158/3.46 with pretty great softs if I do say so myself. Rutgers-N is one of my top choices, too. So, waiting is just about killing me in terms of stress. D:

olesya154
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:09 pm

Re: In at Rutgers Newark!!!

Postby olesya154 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:51 pm

KosovasLostSon wrote:Something for all you pepole to consider.... I'm from the 3rd world... So Newark's crime is nothing to me... But I don't know about the rest of you. Just a heads up. Crime is up. Way up in Newark... And will probably get much much worse with this economic downturn.

http://www.app.com/article/20090226/NEW ... /NEWSFRONT


This is really scary! :shock:

civil3d
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:05 pm

Re: In at Rutgers Newark!!!

Postby civil3d » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:20 pm

Just got an acceptance email a couple hours ago. I applied 1/23, complete 2/3. My numbers are 160 and....2.38!
I've been out of undergrad since 1997, and have strong work experience.
Anyway, this is my first decision of the cycle, so I'm relieved to have an acceptance in hand.

As for violence in Newark, I think it's overblown. Sure, Newark isn't as nice as a lot of places, but the law school is in much safer area than where a lot of the bad things happen. I'm sure we can say the same for New York, Philly and every other major city.

User avatar
KosovasLostSon
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: In at Rutgers Newark!!!

Postby KosovasLostSon » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:51 pm

civil3d wrote:Just got an acceptance email a couple hours ago. I applied 1/23, complete 2/3. My numbers are 160 and....2.38!
I've been out of undergrad since 1997, and have strong work experience.
Anyway, this is my first decision of the cycle, so I'm relieved to have an acceptance in hand.

As for violence in Newark, I think it's overblown. Sure, Newark isn't as nice as a lot of places, but the law school is in much safer area than where a lot of the bad things happen. I'm sure we can say the same for New York, Philly and every other major city.


Yes... But Newark is much much much smaller than NYC & Philly.

User avatar
addendum boy
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:12 pm

Re: In at Rutgers Newark!!!

Postby addendum boy » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:48 am

KosovasLostSon wrote:Something for all you pepole to consider.... I'm from the 3rd world... So Newark's crime is nothing to me... But I don't know about the rest of you. Just a heads up. Crime is up. Way up in Newark... And will probably get much much worse with this economic downturn.

http://www.app.com/article/20090226/NEW ... /NEWSFRONT


Overblown. No need to worry. Your safe in Newark.

JoeG03
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:15 am

Re: In at Rutgers Newark!!!

Postby JoeG03 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:57 am

addendum boy wrote:
KosovasLostSon wrote:Something for all you pepole to consider.... I'm from the 3rd world... So Newark's crime is nothing to me... But I don't know about the rest of you. Just a heads up. Crime is up. Way up in Newark... And will probably get much much worse with this economic downturn.

http://www.app.com/article/20090226/NEW ... /NEWSFRONT


Overblown. No need to worry. Your safe in Newark.


yea seriously. Newark has come a long way and crime has actually gone down since Booker took office.

billionaire boy
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:08 pm

Re: In at Rutgers Newark!!!

Postby billionaire boy » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:58 pm

chances: 3.35/155????????

User avatar
A'nold
Posts: 3622
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:07 pm

Re: In at Rutgers Newark!!!

Postby A'nold » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:07 pm

Their credit card processing system is really freakin' messed up. Dude above was charged twice and I wasn't even charged at all and was likely put on hold because of it. Sucks.

User avatar
KosovasLostSon
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: In at Rutgers Newark!!!

Postby KosovasLostSon » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:13 pm

KosovasLostSon wrote:
I wish all of you waiting good luck.... It feels good to have a fallback school.. 1 for 1... Let's see how long the streak can continue.


The streak is over... Rather fast I may add... Waitlisted at American today... I applied in Late January/Early February... I'm scared now... I think I may have shot myself in the foot this cycle with all my apps going out Late January & Early February.

magnumxlv
Posts: 43
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:28 pm

Re: In at Rutgers Newark!!!

Postby magnumxlv » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:20 pm

Accepted to Rutgers-Newark a few days ago. I would consider attending if I get a full-ride.

I'm in state and staying local would probably help me fulfill my dream of becoming a corrupt NJ politician.

User avatar
dapoetic1
Posts: 284
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:13 pm

Re: In at Rutgers Newark!!!

Postby dapoetic1 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:12 pm

magnumxlv wrote:Accepted to Rutgers-Newark a few days ago. I would consider attending if I get a full-ride.

I'm in state and staying local would probably help me fulfill my dream of becoming a corrupt NJ politician.



Well if you plan on being a corrupt politician the full ride is irrelevant. You can take out all the loans you want and then just launder the money to pay it back. Win-Win!!!

User avatar
bayberrymoon
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:22 pm

Re: In at Rutgers Newark!!!

Postby bayberrymoon » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:58 pm

Sending in my deposit tomorrow 8) Anyone else decided on Rutgers-Newark already?

Good luck to those waiting!

User avatar
A'nold
Posts: 3622
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:07 pm

Re: In at Rutgers Newark!!!

Postby A'nold » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:02 pm

bayberrymoon wrote:Sending in my deposit tomorrow 8) Anyone else decided on Rutgers-Newark already?

Good luck to those waiting!



Man would I love to get the go ahead from this school. Congrats on your decision. :)

User avatar
dapoetic1
Posts: 284
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:13 pm

Re: In at Rutgers Newark!!!

Postby dapoetic1 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:08 pm

Definitely a top choice for me!
I'm really torn right now. For some reason my acceptance packet has been lost in the mail at least twice (yes I've actually been accepted and I am not just in denial), and I'm now on my third request for it to be resent (yes I've given them my correct address...twice). So technically I don't know if there's any mention of $$$ in it. Although, I've heard R-N is a little tight on scholarships b/c of their very lenient in-state policy. At any rate that's a scholarhship within itself.

The proximity to NYC is so hard to turn down. I'm such a big city person.
I've actually decided not to attend the ASD and go to another school's instead. At this point I think every other school is going to have to prove to me that I shouldn't attend R-N.

Anybody receive any scholly $$$ in their acceptance packet?
Anybody start looking at housing? I've been checking out a few places on Craigslist that seem decent.

caoyun
Posts: 190
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:03 am

Re: In at Rutgers Newark!!!

Postby caoyun » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:10 pm

dapoetic1 wrote:Definitely a top choice for me!
I'm really torn right now. For some reason my acceptance packet has been lost in the mail at least twice (yes I've actually been accepted and I am not just in denial), and I'm now on my third request for it to be resent (yes I've given them my correct address...twice). So technically I don't know if there's any mention of $$$ in it. Although, I've heard R-N is a little tight on scholarships b/c of their very lenient in-state policy. At any rate that's a scholarhship within itself.

The proximity to NYC is so hard to turn down. I'm such a big city person.
I've actually decided not to attend the ASD and go to another school's instead. At this point I think every other school is going to have to prove to me that I shouldn't attend R-N.

Anybody receive any scholly $$$ in their acceptance packet?
Anybody start looking at housing? I've been checking out a few places on Craigslist that seem decent.


I received scholly info in my acceptance packet. But I'm from Essex County, so if I go, it'll be as a commuter, so I haven't looked at housing.

Speaking of which, I live literally 200 feet from Newark, so if anyone has any questions about Newark, I'll do my best to answer them.

User avatar
bayberrymoon
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:22 pm

Re: In at Rutgers Newark!!!

Postby bayberrymoon » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:01 pm

A'nold wrote:
bayberrymoon wrote:Sending in my deposit tomorrow 8) Anyone else decided on Rutgers-Newark already?

Good luck to those waiting!



Man would I love to get the go ahead from this school. Congrats on your decision. :)


Thanks A'nold! I think I saw you were put on hold - I hope they accept you really soon!

User avatar
bayberrymoon
Posts: 51
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:22 pm

Re: In at Rutgers Newark!!!

Postby bayberrymoon » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:07 pm

dapoetic1 wrote:Definitely a top choice for me!
I'm really torn right now. For some reason my acceptance packet has been lost in the mail at least twice (yes I've actually been accepted and I am not just in denial), and I'm now on my third request for it to be resent (yes I've given them my correct address...twice). So technically I don't know if there's any mention of $$$ in it. Although, I've heard R-N is a little tight on scholarships b/c of their very lenient in-state policy. At any rate that's a scholarhship within itself.

The proximity to NYC is so hard to turn down. I'm such a big city person.
I've actually decided not to attend the ASD and go to another school's instead. At this point I think every other school is going to have to prove to me that I shouldn't attend R-N.

Anybody receive any scholly $$$ in their acceptance packet?
Anybody start looking at housing? I've been checking out a few places on Craigslist that seem decent.


Scholarship offers come in the acceptance packet.

I'm planning to live in University Square (on-campus apartments), at least for 1L, but I hear many students get places in Hoboken or Jersey City. From what I've heard, there isn't too much in the way of good housing in Newark (that isn't on campus).

And I totally agree on the proximity to NYC. It's a great city :D

User avatar
jpasqu1
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:10 am

Re: In at Rutgers Newark!!!

Postby jpasqu1 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:12 pm

bayberrymoon wrote:
dapoetic1 wrote:Definitely a top choice for me!
I'm really torn right now. For some reason my acceptance packet has been lost in the mail at least twice (yes I've actually been accepted and I am not just in denial), and I'm now on my third request for it to be resent (yes I've given them my correct address...twice). So technically I don't know if there's any mention of $$$ in it. Although, I've heard R-N is a little tight on scholarships b/c of their very lenient in-state policy. At any rate that's a scholarhship within itself.

The proximity to NYC is so hard to turn down. I'm such a big city person.
I've actually decided not to attend the ASD and go to another school's instead. At this point I think every other school is going to have to prove to me that I shouldn't attend R-N.

Anybody receive any scholly $$$ in their acceptance packet?
Anybody start looking at housing? I've been checking out a few places on Craigslist that seem decent.


Scholarship offers come in the acceptance packet.

I'm planning to live in University Square (on-campus apartments), at least for 1L, but I hear many students get places in Hoboken or Jersey City. From what I've heard, there isn't too much in the way of good housing in Newark (that isn't on campus).

And I totally agree on the proximity to NYC. It's a great city :D



I'm probably going to end up at Rutgers. I'm trying to decide if I'm gonna try to live in University Square or at home. The commute is just far enough to be a pain, especially at rush hour. If you want to live in Newark but not on campus take a look at Seton Hall's website. They don't have on campus stuff but they list a few nicer buildings in Newark that they reccomend to their students. IIRC they are pretty pricey though.

User avatar
dapoetic1
Posts: 284
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:13 pm

Re: In at Rutgers Newark!!!

Postby dapoetic1 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:42 am

WOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Finally got my acceptance packet in the mail after more than 8 weeks after being accepted. The cruel joke is over.
$20k---Yeeesssss.......

you...yoooouuuu!!!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: elcamino4, izha, JGPGH, mav1993, urbanist11, Why???, Yahoo [Bot] and 8 guests