In at Rutgers Newark!!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Zeph

Re: In at Rutgers Newark!!!

Postby Zeph » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:56 am

A'nold wrote:I think I'm gonna just bite the bullet and send in my payment to them even though they already deferred me. Ugh, here's to a wasted 50 or 60 bucks that I don't have............... :cry:

i dont understand? why you giving them money lol

A'nold

Postby A'nold » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:06 am

Zeph wrote:
A'nold wrote:I think I'm gonna just bite the bullet and send in my payment to them even though they already deferred me. Ugh, here's to a wasted 50 or 60 bucks that I don't have............... :cry:

Weird story. I get a "you are on hold" email from R-N and then like 2 hours later another email from them telling me that I have not paid my fee due to a credit card problem (expiration date thing). I thought that was the reason for my "hold" but the lady said no and that I was indeed put on hold. So I'm now in this position where I'm like, "If I would have known before I applied that I would be deferred, would I still have paid to apply?" It is a tricky situation but I'm thinking I will pay still because they are such a great option for people with my #'s who can't afford that much in tuition.

Zeph

Postby Zeph » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:09 am

A'nold wrote:
Zeph wrote:

Weird story. I get a "you are on hold" email from R-N and then like 2 hours later another email from them telling me that I have not paid my fee due to a credit card problem (expiration date thing). I thought that was the reason for my "hold" but the lady said no and that I was indeed put on hold. So I'm now in this position where I'm like, "If I would have known before I applied that I would be deferred, would I still have paid to apply?" It is a tricky situation but I'm thinking I will pay still because they are such a great option for people with my #'s who can't afford that much in tuition.

yeah dude i would personally give them the $$, its a decent school if you get in

chiajuiteng

Postby chiajuiteng » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:19 am

Zeph wrote:
chiajuiteng wrote:sadlyg, I just got a ding from Newark. It came in a snail mail.
My LSAT is 157 and I have very good softs.
I really thought I will get in Newark.
Sigh. :|

if you dont mind me asking, what was your GPA?

Due to the fact that I did not attend a school in the US, LSAC did not give me an exact GPA. It just stated "Above Average" on my LSDAS report.
Sigh again. Now I just have my fingers crossed on my application to other schools.

Zeph

Postby Zeph » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:21 am

chiajuiteng wrote:
Zeph wrote:
chiajuiteng wrote:sadlyg, I just got a ding from Newark. It came in a snail mail.
My LSAT is 157 and I have very good softs.
I really thought I will get in Newark.
Sigh. :|

if you dont mind me asking, what was your GPA?

Due to the fact that I did not attend a school in the US, LSAC did not give me an exact GPA. It just stated "Above Average" on my LSDAS report.
Sigh again. Now I just have my fingers crossed on my application to other schools.

ouy that sucks =/ best of luck to you!

holmesNYC

Postby holmesNYC » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:56 am

A'nold wrote:Weird story. I get a "you are on hold" email from R-N and then like 2 hours later another email from them telling me that I have not paid my fee due to a credit card problem (expiration date thing). I thought that was the reason for my "hold" but the lady said no and that I was indeed put on hold. So I'm now in this position where I'm like, "If I would have known before I applied that I would be deferred, would I still have paid to apply?" It is a tricky situation but I'm thinking I will pay still because they are such a great option for people with my #'s who can't afford that much in tuition.

I think you should pay ASAP and I think you're going to get in at some point thereafter. I also don't buy their explanation. They probably were getting ready to evaluate your file or actually already did evaluate you, and then realized your payment didn't go through and had to put you aside for the time being. This is all speculation, of course, but entirely plausible, no?

A'nold

Postby A'nold » Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:59 am

holmesNYC wrote:
A'nold wrote:Weird story. I get a "you are on hold" email from R-N and then like 2 hours later another email from them telling me that I have not paid my fee due to a credit card problem (expiration date thing). I thought that was the reason for my "hold" but the lady said no and that I was indeed put on hold. So I'm now in this position where I'm like, "If I would have known before I applied that I would be deferred, would I still have paid to apply?" It is a tricky situation but I'm thinking I will pay still because they are such a great option for people with my #'s who can't afford that much in tuition.

I think you should pay ASAP and I think you're going to get in at some point thereafter. I also don't buy their explanation. They probably were getting ready to evaluate your file or actually already did evaluate you, and then realized your payment didn't go through and had to put you aside for the time being. This is all speculation, of course, but entirely plausible, no?

I sure hope so. Dang man, I thought I was auto admit! There is a sea of green around my #'s!

dapoetic1

Postby dapoetic1 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:27 pm

A'nold wrote:
holmesNYC wrote:

I sure hope so. Dang man, I thought I was auto admit! There is a sea of green around my #'s!

A'nold is R-N your top choice?
I'm giving them strong consideration over my other two choices.

Giles Rich

Postby Giles Rich » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:32 pm

dapoetic1 wrote:A'nold is R-N your top choice?

What are your other two choices?

dapoetic1

Postby dapoetic1 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:42 pm

Giles Rich wrote:
dapoetic1 wrote:A'nold is R-N your top choice?

What are your other two choices?

Pitt--with $$$
Indiana-Bloom--No $$$..yet

still waiting for
Northwestern-on hold
William and Mary- no decision
UCLA--no decison
UConn-no decision
Cardozo-no decision (leaning to withdraw)
Brooklyn-no decision (leaning to withdraw)

I won't withdraw w/o a decision based on principal.

klmnumbers

Postby klmnumbers » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:55 pm

All of you people getting WLed is seriously freaking me out. How long was the turnaround from when you went complete to when you got a response so I can start ballparking when I should find out.

R-N is one of my top choices by far, and I genuinely thought I would be admitted. All of these WLs around my numbers are absolutely terrifying me though, haha.

AJaKe

Postby AJaKe » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:58 pm

Last edited by AJaKe on Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

klmnumbers

Postby klmnumbers » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:06 pm

AJaKe wrote:
klmnumbers wrote:All of you people getting WLed is seriously freaking me out. How long was the turnaround from when you went complete to when you got a response so I can start ballparking when I should find out.

R-N is one of my top choices by far, and I genuinely thought I would be admitted. All of these WLs around my numbers are absolutely terrifying me though, haha.

1. You need to rank your schools on LSN .. .srsly I can't remember what your top choices are

2. You need an avatar

3. Don't you have a job or something?

1. haha. I don't believe in ranking schools!
2. Ack, but of what!
3. Yes, I do. In fact, I've been insanely busy this week helping the paralegals catch up on stuff and doing tons of random data entry/attempting to be generally helpful to people. Plus, people have been extra super mean to me on the phone this week. And it hailed this morning.

ps, don't you have a job or something, too? =)

eta - MGG icon for great justice.

AJaKe

Postby AJaKe » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:37 pm

Last edited by AJaKe on Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

coolkatz321

Postby coolkatz321 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:41 pm

I was deferred in January, and since then have been trying to set up a visit...for the past month. I have found the staff to be fairly rude and unresponsive. Needless to say, if they end up accepting me, they've moved way down on my list.

klmnumbers

Postby klmnumbers » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:47 pm

AJaKe wrote:1. Sorry, don't care what you believe in, I'm just that abrasive and tactless.
2. idk what MGG is, but I am sure Elle Woods could kick their ass.
3. lol my attys are so lazy, I haven't had much to do today. Hail? in JAX? lol wut? Apocolypse! It must be Tuesday!

ETA: I went into review committee at UF OMGWTFBBQ D:

Fine, I'll go rank them.. MGG plays Dr. Reid on Criminal Minds (aka my new tv obsession - he's my lj icon too hah.) yeah, work has been a bit insane lately. One of the legal secs is very ill, so I've basically been doing half her job (the paralegal is doing the other half) and my own until she gets caught up. Then the other legal sec needs help catching up on opening files.

Indeed, hail in Jax. Traffic was terribad.

Now, bringing this post back on topic: Seriously, does anyone have an idea of the average turnaround that R-N has? Like, when you went complete, how long did it tak for them to notify you of your acceptance/waitlist? Please and ty.

coolkatz - When did you go complete to get that deferral? =) Also, I'm sorry to hear that =(

coolkatz321

Postby coolkatz321 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:50 pm

klmnumbers wrote:
coolkatz - When did you go complete to get that deferral? =) Also, I'm sorry to hear that =(

I went complete 12/18, Deferred 1/22. My LSAT is a bit low, but I thought I'd be in with my GPA. Disappointing, and my attempts to set up a visit aren't helping.

IzziesGal

Postby IzziesGal » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:08 pm

Giles....

The unbelievable happened, and I got accepted at Berkeley today. That was the ONE school that my husband and I agreed to pack up and move with no question for...so looks like this is it. I'll always have a special place in my heart for Rutgers, though. :D

Giles Rich

Postby Giles Rich » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:13 pm

IzziesGal wrote:Giles....

The unbelievable happened, and I got accepted at Berkeley today. That was the ONE school that my husband and I agreed to pack up and move with no question for...so looks like this is it. I'll always have a special place in my heart for Rutgers, though. :D

That's AWESOME! Congratulations!

klmnumbers

Postby klmnumbers » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:14 pm

o.O What are your numbers? Also, super grats about Berkeley!

IzziesGal

Postby IzziesGal » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:16 pm

Giles Rich wrote:

Thanks!!! I am in shock. I got the email on my cell phone while I was standing in line buying a salad...and I actually yelled out loud in the middle of the store. And then I started crying. But I didn't care lol....it's a good reason to make an idiot of myself :D

IzziesGal

Postby IzziesGal » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:16 pm

klmnumbers wrote:

Thanks!! 4.0 / 161

klmnumbers

Postby klmnumbers » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:19 pm

IzziesGal wrote:
klmnumbers wrote:

Thanks!! 4.0 / 161

Holy God, a 4.0? Well, nice =)

Giles Rich

Postby Giles Rich » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:20 pm

IzziesGal wrote:
Giles Rich wrote:

Thanks!!! I am in shock. I got the email on my cell phone while I was standing in line buying a salad...and I actually yelled out loud in the middle of the store. And then I started crying. But I didn't care lol....it's a good reason to make an idiot of myself :D

Definitely. I probably would have done the same.
After the Open-House, I'm actually leaning back towards Seton Hall.

IzziesGal

Postby IzziesGal » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:32 pm

Giles Rich wrote:
IzziesGal wrote:
Giles Rich wrote:

Definitely. I probably would have done the same.
After the Open-House, I'm actually leaning back towards Seton Hall.

Oh, nice!!! What changed your mind about it? Is it the health law program??

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”