In at Rutgers Newark!!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
IzziesGal

Re: In at Rutgers Newark!!!

Postby IzziesGal » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:13 am

Giles Rich wrote:
IzziesGal wrote:
Congrats!!! Is it a top contender for you?

Hey, any headway on the RN v. Minn decision?

Well, I honestly don't think I am even going to bother flying out there to visit. I think it's going to be Rutgers :D

What about you?

Giles Rich

Postby Giles Rich » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:19 am

IzziesGal wrote:
Giles Rich wrote:
IzziesGal wrote:

Well, I honestly don't think I am even going to bother flying out there to visit. I think it's going to be Rutgers :D

What about you?

Cool. I think it's Rutgers-N all the way for me too. I'm going to go to an admitted students day at Seton Hall in 2-weeks, but I don't anticipate that it will affect my decision.

IzziesGal

Postby IzziesGal » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:26 am

Giles Rich wrote:
IzziesGal wrote:
Giles Rich wrote:
IzziesGal wrote:

What about you?

Cool. I think it's Rutgers-N all the way for me too. I'm going to go to an admitted students day at Seton Hall in 2-weeks, but I don't anticipate that it will affect my decision.

That's awesome. I am really curious to hear how it goes, though. I'm wondering if they'll try to "woo" you any differently than Rutgers did....

IzziesGal

Postby IzziesGal » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:28 am

akscoob wrote:Izziesgal - sorry i just realized i didn't respond to part of your question. The school has far exceeded my expectations. The first semester is really tough mainly because of the unknown. Everyone will give you different advice (the 2L's and 3L's are very approachable and willing to help) but it all comes down to what best works for YOU. It is really easy to start watching what your classmates are doing and worry that they are putting in longer hours, studying differently etc. but the most important advice that I can give after making it through the first semester is figure out a strategy that is best for you and stick to it and not worry about what anyone else is doing. First semester is mainly all about the fear factor. You will have a constant flow of work and it can seem overwhelming at times, but as long as you don't let it stress you out you will be absolutely fine. It really is not that bad.

The school has many clubs some of them are less active then others but from my experience you get out of it what you put in and there are plenty of things to get involved in.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks for all that info!!!! Sounds like you're happy with your experiences so far. I am excited about the prospect of joining you in....what....6 months now? =)

bayberrymoon

Postby bayberrymoon » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:41 pm

IzziesGal wrote:
akscoob wrote:Izziesgal - sorry i just realized i didn't respond to part of your question. The school has far exceeded my expectations. The first semester is really tough mainly because of the unknown. Everyone will give you different advice (the 2L's and 3L's are very approachable and willing to help) but it all comes down to what best works for YOU. It is really easy to start watching what your classmates are doing and worry that they are putting in longer hours, studying differently etc. but the most important advice that I can give after making it through the first semester is figure out a strategy that is best for you and stick to it and not worry about what anyone else is doing. First semester is mainly all about the fear factor. You will have a constant flow of work and it can seem overwhelming at times, but as long as you don't let it stress you out you will be absolutely fine. It really is not that bad.

The school has many clubs some of them are less active then others but from my experience you get out of it what you put in and there are plenty of things to get involved in.

Thanks for all that info!!!! Sounds like you're happy with your experiences so far. I am excited about the prospect of joining you in....what....6 months now? =)

IzziesGal, I saw you were waitlisted at UCLA - congrats! 8)

IzziesGal

Postby IzziesGal » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:11 pm

bayberrymoon wrote:
IzziesGal wrote:

IzziesGal, I saw you were waitlisted at UCLA - congrats! 8)

Thanks! I'm ecstatic that my 161 has gotten me that far!

caoyun

Postby caoyun » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:56 pm

Just got accepted via email about 5 minutes ago. Kinda unexciting after getting into Georgetown on my first decision. But still, it's good to know. 2/2 out of 13 so far.

A'nold

Postby A'nold » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:58 pm

Where's my email RN?

IzziesGal

Postby IzziesGal » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:00 pm

A'nold wrote:Where's my email RN?

It's on its way...I feel it.

A'nold

Postby A'nold » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:00 pm

IzziesGal wrote:

It's on its way...I feel it.

Haha, thanks! 8)

klmnumbers

Postby klmnumbers » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:05 pm

me too. =( lol I really like RN. I hope I get in.

king3780

Postby king3780 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:15 pm

Add me to the eagerly waiting for a Rutgers-Newark acceptance crowd. Being a PT candidate, it's hard to really gauge my chances, so I'm quite nervous. RN is my top contender that's not a super reach.

john2k

Postby john2k » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:17 pm

Sweet, Just got in via email (2:45pm)! Went complete Jan 6

IzziesGal

Postby IzziesGal » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:18 pm

john2k wrote:Sweet, Just got in via email (2:45pm)! Went complete Jan 6

Congrats!

A'nold

Postby A'nold » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:18 pm

Congrats! #'s if you don't mind?

IzziesGal

Postby IzziesGal » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:19 pm

A'nold wrote:

I thought you were posting to say you just go in via email, too. I got all excited about what it meant for my psychic abilities :D

john2k

Postby john2k » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:55 pm

IzziesGal wrote:
A'nold wrote:

I thought you were posting to say you just go in via email, too. I got all excited about what it meant for my psychic abilities :D

3.4 (Ivy)/153 urm

Zeph

Postby Zeph » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:06 pm

So I got deferred a a while ago, and was wondering how to go about this. Quickly followed up with an email back thanking them for further consideration, etc. They said I should hear back by April, should I toss over a LOCI?

IzziesGal

Postby IzziesGal » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:06 pm

Zeph wrote:So I got deferred a a while ago, and was wondering how to go about this. Quickly followed up with an email back thanking them for further consideration, etc. They said I should hear back by April, should I toss over a LOCI?

I definitely would. If you're in the area, dropping by the Admissions office to "tour the school" and reaffirm your interest wouldn't be a bad move, either. :D

Zeph

Postby Zeph » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:09 pm

Yeah I am like 20 minutes away so I would mind the drive, and yeah I will whip up a LOCI

A'nold

Postby A'nold » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:12 pm

IzziesGal wrote:
A'nold wrote:

Haha, I wish. Thanks john!

john2k

Postby john2k » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:12 pm

Zeph wrote:So I got deferred a a while ago, and was wondering how to go about this. Quickly followed up with an email back thanking them for further consideration, etc. They said I should hear back by April, should I toss over a LOCI?

Perhaps with your LOCI you could also include an updated transcript and another strong recommendation (if possible/applicable). Good luck!

Zeph

Postby Zeph » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:15 pm

appreciate the help =)

mardimar

Postby mardimar » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:34 pm

Last edited by mardimar on Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

IzziesGal

Postby IzziesGal » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:36 pm

mardimar wrote:In! just got the email.

Congrats to you!!!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”