In at Rutgers Newark!!! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
olesya154

New

Re: In at Rutgers Newark!!!

Post by olesya154 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:36 pm

A'nold wrote:Is being put "on hold" the same as "deferred"? I believe I was put on hold.
"At this time, the Committee has voted to defer making a decision on your file..." This is what my email said. I did not apply early decision so I assumed this meant a waitlist.

Zeph

Bronze

Post by Zeph » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:19 pm

olesya154 wrote:
A'nold wrote:Is being put "on hold" the same as "deferred"? I believe I was put on hold.
"At this time, the Committee has voted to defer making a decision on your file..." This is what my email said. I did not apply early decision so I assumed this meant a waitlist.

Hold=Deferred but does not =WL

WL is a final thing whereas being on hold/deferred means your file is still under consideration

olesya154

New

Post by olesya154 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:33 pm

Zeph wrote:
olesya154 wrote:

Hold=Deferred but does not =WL

WL is a final thing whereas being on hold/deferred means your file is still under consideration
Oh, really??? That's sort of good news I guess. So we might hear any time before April then. Does this mean I can come home to a rejection letter waiting for me then? :(

Zeph

Bronze

Post by Zeph » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:34 pm

glass half full or empty? lol they havent rejected you thus far! so means they like you ;)

olesya154

New

Post by olesya154 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:40 pm

I know I am a bit pessimistic but with all my rejections I have a reason to be. Let's hope Rutgers committee reads my addendum to the addendum to the addendum and pushes me over the edge :lol:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Zeph

Bronze

Post by Zeph » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:58 pm

Ouy im in the same boat, and an acceptance would be a nice change

holmesNYC

New

Post by holmesNYC » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:18 pm

jpasqu1 wrote:
holmesNYC wrote:
jpasqu1 wrote: http://www.newark.rutgers.edu/masstransit/

It says the shuttle runs every 15 minutes to Broad Street Station and you can take the light rail to Penn Station.
Did you look at that link recently? I'm getting the good old 404 Error for the shuttle information. :( I'm wondering if any law students do this commute regularly. I was considering it.
I noticed the website was doing that but Rutgers website seems kinda crappy so idk if that is simply the website or is an indication that the shuttle doesn't run. I've got a friend there who takes the train to broad street everyday. He walks from there to campus. He is in UG though so I don't think he is walking back at a late hour. He said that there are plenty of people begging for money on that walk but I'm under the impression he doesn't ever feel threatened. I'll ask him if there is a shuttle that he just doesn't use.
Cool, thanks.

matthewgmen

New

Post by matthewgmen » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:24 pm

hey got a question about what you guys think my chances are at Rutgers, Newark.

3.1 160 out of state

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:28 pm

matthewgmen wrote:hey got a question about what you guys think my chances are at Rutgers, Newark.

3.1 160 out of state
You have very similar #'s to me and I was "put on hold" last week sometime.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

holmesNYC

New

Post by holmesNYC » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:50 pm

A'nold wrote:
matthewgmen wrote:hey got a question about what you guys think my chances are at Rutgers, Newark.

3.1 160 out of state
You have very similar #'s to me and I was "put on hold" last week sometime.
I'm pulling for you, A'nold!

skamanindc

New

Post by skamanindc » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:56 pm

Anold, I had slightly higher numbers and I got scholly to Rutgers-N . . .

matthewgmen

New

Post by matthewgmen » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:07 pm

are you in state or out of state? Also or applications at schools like Rutgers/temple/ PSU going up because of the economy??

donewithannarbor

New

Post by donewithannarbor » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:15 pm

Congrats to all of you from a current 1L. Send me any questions. I also live on campus and can help there.

Don't worry about the Penn Station-RU walk. If you're doing it as a commuter, you'll be doing it during busy times of day. Otherwise, just take the $.65 city subway to Washington St., $6 cab, free shuttle, or go with friends. I've done it at 4am.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:21 pm

skamanindc wrote:Anold, I had slightly higher numbers and I got scholly to Rutgers-N . . .
Thanks Holmes!

Skamanindc- Yeah, there must have been something wrong with my file in their eyes....OR my weird issue with the payment. I sent in the CC payment form and they later sent (about an hour after my "hold" email) an email saying my payment could not be processed. Do you guys think this is why I was put "on hold"? Roberta Geddis said that it was not the reason....but she sounded unsure herself.

olesya154

New

Post by olesya154 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:50 pm

Thanks Holmes!

Skamanindc- Yeah, there must have been something wrong with my file in their eyes....OR my weird issue with the payment. I sent in the CC payment form and they later sent (about an hour after my "hold" email) an email saying my payment could not be processed. Do you guys think this is why I was put "on hold"? Roberta Geddis said that it was not the reason....but she sounded unsure herself.
Highly unlikely that your payment problem had anything to do with the "hold". Rutgers never cashed my check that I sent in November and I called three times to remind them to cash it before it expired. :D

k.e.l.l.y

New

Post by k.e.l.l.y » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:04 pm

olesya154 wrote:
Thanks Holmes!

Highly unlikely that your payment problem had anything to do with the "hold". Rutgers never cashed my check that I sent in November and I called three times to remind them to cash it before it expired. :D
They still haven't cashed my check either, although I only applied a few weeks ago. Did you still receive an email saying your file was complete?

olesya154

New

Post by olesya154 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:08 pm

They still haven't cashed my check either, although I only applied a few weeks ago. Did you still receive an email saying your file was complete?
Complete on 11/25/08 and application deferred till later in cycle on 01/23/09.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

dapoetic1

Bronze

Post by dapoetic1 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:19 pm

k.e.l.l.y wrote:
olesya154 wrote:
Thanks Holmes!

They cashed my check!!!
But I've asked 3 times to have my admission packet sent and it hasn't made it. I got in back in late Dec/early Jan not sure b/c it was via status checker. I didn't know about the status checker until Jan but I had been admitted by then. Of course if not for the status checker (and confirming with Ms. Walton) I still wouldn't know. Although I have received ASD emails and such.

Zeph

Bronze

Post by Zeph » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:21 pm

they have a status checker?

sergris

New

Post by sergris » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:28 pm

Zeph wrote:they have a status checker?
yes they do, but it is weird. I got the acceptance package but my status checker is just blank. Here's the link http://gradstudy.rutgers.edu/statusnotes.shtml

king3780

Bronze

Post by king3780 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:44 pm

sergris wrote:
yes they do, but it is weird. I got the acceptance package but my status checker is just blank. Here's the link http://gradstudy.rutgers.edu/statusnotes.shtml
Ditto here. I got an acceptance e-mail, but my status checker is still blank.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

sergris

New

Post by sergris » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:48 pm

king3780 wrote:
sergris wrote:
When did you get the e-mail? I got the package over a month ago and also are you full time or part time?

thesouthside

New

Post by thesouthside » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:48 pm

Hi James, Hi

king3780

Bronze

Post by king3780 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:58 pm

sergris wrote:
king3780 wrote:
sergris wrote:
When did you get the e-mail? I got the package over a month ago and also are you full time or part time?
I got the e-mail Tuesday, Feb. 24 for the PT program.

sergris

New

Post by sergris » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:05 pm

yes they do, but it is weird. I got the acceptance package but my status checker is just blank. Here's the link http://gradstudy.rutgers.edu/statusnotes.shtml[/quote]

Ditto here. I got an acceptance e-mail, but my status checker is still blank.[/quote]

When did you get the e-mail? I got the package over a month ago and also are you full time or part time?[/quote]

I got the e-mail Tuesday, Feb. 24 for the PT program.[/quote]

Congrats!!!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”