In at Rutgers Newark!!! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
olesya154

New

Re: In at Rutgers Newark!!!

Post by olesya154 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:13 am

I wonder when they usually start admitting/rejecting/waitlisting deferred people...

KosovasLostSon

New

Post by KosovasLostSon » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:44 am

Just got into Rutgers-Newark... I'm in-state and expecting some money... Seriously contemplating attending for 1L.

klmnumbers

New

Post by klmnumbers » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:48 am

KosovasLostSon wrote:Just got into Rutgers-Newark... I'm in-state and expecting some money... Seriously contemplating attending for 1L.
through e-mail? When did you apply/go complete?

KosovasLostSon

New

Post by KosovasLostSon » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:57 am

klmnumbers wrote:
KosovasLostSon wrote:Just got into Rutgers-Newark... I'm in-state and expecting some money... Seriously contemplating attending for 1L.
through e-mail? When did you apply/go complete?
I was notified through email... I only went complete on 2/21/09. They charged my credit card twice... Now that I've been accepted... I want my $65 back.

I wish all of you waitng good luck.... It feels good to have a fallback school.. 1 for 1... Let's see how long the streak can continue.

k.e.l.l.y

New

Post by k.e.l.l.y » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:26 pm

I got in via email this morning at 10. I had just emailed them last night to find out my status (I never received an email about my file being complete and they never cashed my check). This is my first acceptance, and I was getting to the point of expecting all-around rejections.

Sent: 2/4
Received: 2/5
Complete: ?

LSAT: 161
GPA: 3.13

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

KosovasLostSon

New

Post by KosovasLostSon » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:30 pm

Something for all you pepole to consider.... I'm from the 3rd world... So Newark's crime is nothing to me... But I don't know about the rest of you. Just a heads up. Crime is up. Way up in Newark... And will probably get much much worse with this economic downturn.

http://www.app.com/article/20090226/NEW ... /NEWSFRONT

klmnumbers

New

Post by klmnumbers » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:42 pm

I'm starting to fear that they hated something on my application, because I applied 1/16/09 and went complete on 1/29/09. I thought I was definitely within their numbers: 158/3.46 with pretty great softs if I do say so myself. Rutgers-N is one of my top choices, too. So, waiting is just about killing me in terms of stress. D:

olesya154

New

Post by olesya154 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:51 pm

KosovasLostSon wrote:Something for all you pepole to consider.... I'm from the 3rd world... So Newark's crime is nothing to me... But I don't know about the rest of you. Just a heads up. Crime is up. Way up in Newark... And will probably get much much worse with this economic downturn.

This is really scary! :shock:

civil3d

New

Post by civil3d » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:20 pm

Just got an acceptance email a couple hours ago. I applied 1/23, complete 2/3. My numbers are 160 and....2.38!
I've been out of undergrad since 1997, and have strong work experience.
Anyway, this is my first decision of the cycle, so I'm relieved to have an acceptance in hand.

As for violence in Newark, I think it's overblown. Sure, Newark isn't as nice as a lot of places, but the law school is in much safer area than where a lot of the bad things happen. I'm sure we can say the same for New York, Philly and every other major city.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

KosovasLostSon

New

Post by KosovasLostSon » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:51 pm

civil3d wrote:Just got an acceptance email a couple hours ago. I applied 1/23, complete 2/3. My numbers are 160 and....2.38!
I've been out of undergrad since 1997, and have strong work experience.
Anyway, this is my first decision of the cycle, so I'm relieved to have an acceptance in hand.

As for violence in Newark, I think it's overblown. Sure, Newark isn't as nice as a lot of places, but the law school is in much safer area than where a lot of the bad things happen. I'm sure we can say the same for New York, Philly and every other major city.
Yes... But Newark is much much much smaller than NYC & Philly.

addendum boy

New

Post by addendum boy » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:48 am

KosovasLostSon wrote:Something for all you pepole to consider.... I'm from the 3rd world... So Newark's crime is nothing to me... But I don't know about the rest of you. Just a heads up. Crime is up. Way up in Newark... And will probably get much much worse with this economic downturn.

Overblown. No need to worry. Your safe in Newark.

JoeG03

New

Post by JoeG03 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:57 am

addendum boy wrote:

Overblown. No need to worry. Your safe in Newark.
yea seriously. Newark has come a long way and crime has actually gone down since Booker took office.

billionaire boy

New

Post by billionaire boy » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:58 pm

chances: 3.35/155????????

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:07 pm

Their credit card processing system is really freakin' messed up. Dude above was charged twice and I wasn't even charged at all and was likely put on hold because of it. Sucks.

KosovasLostSon

New

Post by KosovasLostSon » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:13 pm

KosovasLostSon wrote:
I wish all of you waiting good luck.... It feels good to have a fallback school.. 1 for 1... Let's see how long the streak can continue.
The streak is over... Rather fast I may add... Waitlisted at American today... I applied in Late January/Early February... I'm scared now... I think I may have shot myself in the foot this cycle with all my apps going out Late January & Early February.

magnumxlv

New

Post by magnumxlv » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:20 pm

Accepted to Rutgers-Newark a few days ago. I would consider attending if I get a full-ride.

I'm in state and staying local would probably help me fulfill my dream of becoming a corrupt NJ politician.

dapoetic1

Bronze

Post by dapoetic1 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:12 pm

magnumxlv wrote:Accepted to Rutgers-Newark a few days ago. I would consider attending if I get a full-ride.

I'm in state and staying local would probably help me fulfill my dream of becoming a corrupt NJ politician.

Well if you plan on being a corrupt politician the full ride is irrelevant. You can take out all the loans you want and then just launder the money to pay it back. Win-Win!!!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

bayberrymoon

New

Post by bayberrymoon » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:58 pm

Sending in my deposit tomorrow 8) Anyone else decided on Rutgers-Newark already?

Good luck to those waiting!

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:02 pm

bayberrymoon wrote:Sending in my deposit tomorrow 8) Anyone else decided on Rutgers-Newark already?

Man would I love to get the go ahead from this school. Congrats on your decision. :)

dapoetic1

Bronze

Post by dapoetic1 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:08 pm

Definitely a top choice for me!
I'm really torn right now. For some reason my acceptance packet has been lost in the mail at least twice (yes I've actually been accepted and I am not just in denial), and I'm now on my third request for it to be resent (yes I've given them my correct address...twice). So technically I don't know if there's any mention of $$$ in it. Although, I've heard R-N is a little tight on scholarships b/c of their very lenient in-state policy. At any rate that's a scholarhship within itself.

The proximity to NYC is so hard to turn down. I'm such a big city person.
I've actually decided not to attend the ASD and go to another school's instead. At this point I think every other school is going to have to prove to me that I shouldn't attend R-N.

Anybody receive any scholly $$$ in their acceptance packet?
Anybody start looking at housing? I've been checking out a few places on Craigslist that seem decent.

caoyun

Bronze

Post by caoyun » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:10 pm

dapoetic1 wrote:Definitely a top choice for me!
I'm really torn right now. For some reason my acceptance packet has been lost in the mail at least twice (yes I've actually been accepted and I am not just in denial), and I'm now on my third request for it to be resent (yes I've given them my correct address...twice). So technically I don't know if there's any mention of $$$ in it. Although, I've heard R-N is a little tight on scholarships b/c of their very lenient in-state policy. At any rate that's a scholarhship within itself.

I've actually decided not to attend the ASD and go to another school's instead. At this point I think every other school is going to have to prove to me that I shouldn't attend R-N.

Anybody start looking at housing? I've been checking out a few places on Craigslist that seem decent.
I received scholly info in my acceptance packet. But I'm from Essex County, so if I go, it'll be as a commuter, so I haven't looked at housing.

Speaking of which, I live literally 200 feet from Newark, so if anyone has any questions about Newark, I'll do my best to answer them.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

bayberrymoon

New

Post by bayberrymoon » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:01 pm

A'nold wrote:
bayberrymoon wrote:Sending in my deposit tomorrow 8) Anyone else decided on Rutgers-Newark already?

Man would I love to get the go ahead from this school. Congrats on your decision. :)
Thanks A'nold! I think I saw you were put on hold - I hope they accept you really soon!

bayberrymoon

New

Post by bayberrymoon » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:07 pm

Scholarship offers come in the acceptance packet.

I'm planning to live in University Square (on-campus apartments), at least for 1L, but I hear many students get places in Hoboken or Jersey City. From what I've heard, there isn't too much in the way of good housing in Newark (that isn't on campus).

And I totally agree on the proximity to NYC. It's a great city :D

jpasqu1

New

Post by jpasqu1 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:12 pm

bayberrymoon wrote:

Scholarship offers come in the acceptance packet.

I'm planning to live in University Square (on-campus apartments), at least for 1L, but I hear many students get places in Hoboken or Jersey City. From what I've heard, there isn't too much in the way of good housing in Newark (that isn't on campus).

And I totally agree on the proximity to NYC. It's a great city :D

I'm probably going to end up at Rutgers. I'm trying to decide if I'm gonna try to live in University Square or at home. The commute is just far enough to be a pain, especially at rush hour. If you want to live in Newark but not on campus take a look at Seton Hall's website. They don't have on campus stuff but they list a few nicer buildings in Newark that they reccomend to their students. IIRC they are pretty pricey though.

dapoetic1

Bronze

Post by dapoetic1 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:42 am

WOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Finally got my acceptance packet in the mail after more than 8 weeks after being accepted. The cruel joke is over.
$20k---Yeeesssss.......

you...yoooouuuu!!!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”