University of Florida

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Boyk1182

Re: University of Florida

Postby Boyk1182 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:20 pm

AJaKe wrote:You know..

LSN says no denials and no waitlisting yet...

Who is to say we would kick off the waitlisting spree? Think positive!

I'm expecting to get in lol
I was just answering that other person's question.

carine44

Postby carine44 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:24 pm

+1. Three people in this thread reported acceptances after a pending status so it's not unheard of.

AJaKe

Postby AJaKe » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:26 pm

Last edited by AJaKe on Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Boyk1182

Postby Boyk1182 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:34 pm

AJaKe wrote:
Boyk1182 wrote:

I'm expecting to get in lol
I was just answering that other person's question.

LOL I was just saying it outloud, like I am doing in my office right now lol. It was just something I thought of, after my doom and gloom OMG WAITLIST fear earlier.

I'm going to tell my friends if they ever apply to law school to never look at those status checkers they send lol. They stress everyone out and don't tell you an answer either way........

savanna

Postby savanna » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:56 pm

Yeah,but aret there people who wouldn't even be a shot in HELL?
Boyk1182 wrote:
savanna wrote:I think it's pretty crappy that they haven't rejected ANYONE yet.Surely there are people who have applied that admissions know don't have a shot in hell..and yet they're still not sending rejection letters. I just don't understand the strategy.

I understand the strategey... they don't know that they're going to fill their class 100% full until enough people accept their offer. Theoretically they could screw themselves over if they reject those they expect to reject, and nobody takes an offer to go to their school with higher numbers. It's highly unlikely, but the school has no incentive to reject people early, just keep them waiting until they're happy with their matriculation, and then the 'thanks, but no thanks' letters start poruing out.

Boyk1182

Postby Boyk1182 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:17 pm

savanna wrote:Yeah,but aret there people who wouldn't even be a shot in HELL?
Boyk1182 wrote:
savanna wrote:I think it's pretty crappy that they haven't rejected ANYONE yet.Surely there are people who have applied that admissions know don't have a shot in hell..and yet they're still not sending rejection letters. I just don't understand the strategy.

I understand the strategey... they don't know that they're going to fill their class 100% full until enough people accept their offer. Theoretically they could screw themselves over if they reject those they expect to reject, and nobody takes an offer to go to their school with higher numbers. It's highly unlikely, but the school has no incentive to reject people early, just keep them waiting until they're happy with their matriculation, and then the 'thanks, but no thanks' letters start poruing out.

Lol, well of course there are...
But imagine if hardly anyone accepted an offer to attend in the fall (very unlikely, but if they rejected people now they'd have nobody to fill the class with)...
The school has nothing to lose by piling up applications and waiting until the summer to make decisions, but I think it works to their benefit.

That's my theory 8)

flhealth

Postby flhealth » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:47 pm

this compiling a ton of letters this years doesnt make sense, since they are cutting their class size by 25% anyway...they should def be able to send out rejections since they know they will have less spaces to fill :?

midrangejumper

Postby midrangejumper » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:53 pm

mine didn't change, still says "in review by committee"

savanna

Postby savanna » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:55 pm

flhealth wrote:this compiling a ton of letters this years doesnt make sense, since they are cutting their class size by 25% anyway...they should def be able to send out rejections since they know they will have less spaces to fill :?

Exactly. And technically yes, they have "nothing to lose" by piling up applications, except of course Goodwill towards the school. I don't think many people like feeling like they're being jerked around, or like feeling like they "might" have a chance when they really don't.

Boyk1182

Postby Boyk1182 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:09 pm

savanna wrote:
flhealth wrote:this compiling a ton of letters this years doesnt make sense, since they are cutting their class size by 25% anyway...they should def be able to send out rejections since they know they will have less spaces to fill :?

Exactly. And technically yes, they have "nothing to lose" by piling up applications, except of course Goodwill towards the school. I don't think many people like feeling like they're being jerked around, or like feeling like they "might" have a chance when they really don't.

I've hardly received decisions anywhere yet... and I had all my apps out in October, so it's not just UF taking their time! Anywhere you apply with a 50/50 shot is going to either take a long time or put you on "hold"... at least that's my experience so far :?

P.S... Just like we have "safety" schools just in case, I think schools work the same way with "safties," but with applicants :lol:

Mighty Boom

Postby Mighty Boom » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:23 pm

savanna wrote:

+1

GatorPi

Postby GatorPi » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:59 pm

Boyk1182 wrote:
savanna wrote:

I've hardly received decisions anywhere yet... and I had all my apps out in October, so it's not just UF taking their time! Anywhere you apply with a 50/50 shot is going to either take a long time or put you on "hold"... at least that's my experience so far :?

P.S... Just like we have "safety" schools just in case, I think schools work the same way with "safties," but with applicants :lol:

I totally agree with this. Us 50/50 people with middle of the range numbers are having to wait a lifetime (I applied back in early Nov). I wish I would've known this when I applied so that I wouldn't have been expected anything until later...maybe if I would've known how long it was going to take, I wouldn't be as burned out as I am :)

Boyk1182

Postby Boyk1182 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:27 pm

GatorPi wrote:
Boyk1182 wrote:
savanna wrote:

I totally agree with this. Us 50/50 people with middle of the range numbers are having to wait a lifetime (I applied back in early Nov). I wish I would've known this when I applied so that I wouldn't have been expected anything until later...maybe if I would've known how long it was going to take, I wouldn't be as burned out as I am :)

I agree... but this is something I've figured out as the cycle went on lol
I never thought it was like this either when I applied way back in Oct. I figured schools sent out decisions as people sent in apps, but it makes sense that it works like this... I'm ready to be done waiting :wink:

geoanthem

Postby geoanthem » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:30 pm

I feel for you guys. Hoping you hear positive news soon! What is the line for UF in terms of 50/50?

Boyk1182

Postby Boyk1182 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:31 pm

geoanthem wrote:I feel for you guys. Hoping you hear positive news soon! What is the line for UF in terms of 50/50?

I have a 3.6/158, and the LSAC predictor says about 50%
I'm also a FL resident so I'm hoping it goes up at least a little for that...

billykelly76

Postby billykelly76 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:14 am

Boyk1182 wrote:
geoanthem wrote:I feel for you guys. Hoping you hear positive news soon! What is the line for UF in terms of 50/50?

I have a 3.6/158, and the LSAC predictor says about 50%
I'm also a FL resident so I'm hoping it goes up at least a little for that...

I have your exact same stats and am also a resident. I would say that at least one of us will get in but since they've eliminated an entire section from next year's 1L class and the economy sucks ass, I don't think the LSAC calculator is particularly valid this year. :(

jpin22

Postby jpin22 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:45 am

so i just went to decision letter in transit today. numbers 3.45 165. Went to under review by committee on monday. Is this rejection acceptance..?

misbuble

Postby misbuble » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:47 am

gross, a forum for tebow worshipers

geoanthem

Postby geoanthem » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:50 am

jpin22 wrote:so i just went to decision letter in transit today. numbers 3.45 165. Went to under review by committee on monday. Is this rejection acceptance..?

I would think acceptance. I got in a month ago with a 3.4ish/164. Good luck!

jpin22

Postby jpin22 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:58 am

I was surprised at the turn around... under review the 2nd and decision in transit today. How long did the letter take to get to you once it said decision in transit?

geoanthem

Postby geoanthem » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:59 am

jpin22 wrote:I was surprised at the turn around... under review the 2nd and decision in transit today. How long did the letter take to get to you once it said decision in transit?

Yeah I never went under review. Just straight to "Decision letter in transit." I think it took around 4 or 5 days to get the letter in the mail. Hope this helps.

jpin22

Postby jpin22 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:01 pm

geoanthem wrote:
jpin22 wrote:I was surprised at the turn around... under review the 2nd and decision in transit today. How long did the letter take to get to you once it said decision in transit?

Yeah I never went under review. Just straight to "Decision letter in transit." I think it took around 4 or 5 days to get the letter in the mail. Hope this helps.

thanks... you are out of state though right?

LisandraL17

Postby LisandraL17 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:03 pm

Okay i received their e-mail asking for the application fee and proof of my florida residency so i went to the website and filled everything out and paid with a credit card. This was like three weeks ago. Yesterday i received a letter asking for the application fee again and a copy of my mother's residency card.
Has this happened to anyone?? I though i had paid the fee already (maybe my card didn't go through and they're asking me again?)...

Boyk1182

Postby Boyk1182 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:04 pm

jpin22 wrote:so i just went to decision letter in transit today. numbers 3.45 165. Went to under review by committee on monday. Is this rejection acceptance..?

Dude that's an acceptance...
Last edited by Boyk1182 on Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

geoanthem

Postby geoanthem » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:05 pm

jpin22 wrote:
geoanthem wrote:

thanks... you are out of state though right?

Yep, out of state. I think this would only reaffirm that you will get in.

edit: oh yeah you will probably get it in the mail sooner. mine had to go all the way to nyc

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”