Page 36 of 144

Re: University of Florida

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:03 pm
by Mighty Boom
I’m “under review by committee” today, too. I’m an auto-reject for those of you tying to make rhyme or reason out of this batch. I’m actually happy seeing those of you whom aren’t auto-rejects switch to “urc” today; gives me a ray of hope, however small it may be. :shock:

Re: University of Florida

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:04 pm
by hotshotdre
Edge427 wrote:Interesting, so last week a group of us went blank and then "Under Review; Decision Pending".

This week, a group of us went from "All Docs Received" to "Under Review by Committee".


Maybe not everyone gets reviewed by the committee?


Hope that isnt a bad thing, for either group

Re: University of Florida

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:16 pm
by poseidon106
Been reading this board for awhile and thought I would share my frustration.

Been on "Reviewed by committee; decision pending" since 2/6/09. Have a 157 LSAT and a 3.86 undergrad GPA and a 3.88 graduate GPA. I am graduating from UF's accounting school with my Bachelors and Masters degree. I did an internship in NYC for EY and one overseas in Maastricht in the Netherlands. I have other friends who have applied who have the same message and one who has higher LSAT's then mine (160) and is an underrepresented minority. It is so nerve racking. Not to mention I have not even heard from FSU yet my one and only back-up. Sorry to vent !

Re: University of Florida

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:17 pm
by midrangejumper
Mighty Boom wrote:I’m “under review by committee” today, too. I’m an auto-reject for those of you tying to make rhyme or reason out of this batch. I’m actually happy seeing those of you whom aren’t auto-rejects switch to “urc” today; gives me a ray of hope, however small it may be. :shock:


whats your #'s?

by my #'s i'm guessing i would also be considered a "auto reject"....25%lsat and 75%gpa

Re: University of Florida

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:31 pm
by dslslave
Come on guys, where is the faith?! You gotta believe in yourself

Re: University of Florida

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:38 pm
by midrangejumper
ok so it SEEMS like they're starting to review people with lsats lower than 158-160 now...

Re: University of Florida

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:50 pm
by Matlock31
poseidon106 wrote:Been reading this board for awhile and thought I would share my frustration.

Been on "Reviewed by committee; decision pending" since 2/6/09. Have a 157 LSAT and a 3.86 undergrad GPA and a 3.88 graduate GPA. I am graduating from UF's accounting school with my Bachelors and Masters degree. I did an internship in NYC for EY and one overseas in Maastricht in the Netherlands. I have other friends who have applied who have the same message and one who has higher LSAT's then mine (160) and is an underrepresented minority. It is so nerve racking. Not to mention I have not even heard from FSU yet my one and only back-up. Sorry to vent !


If I were on the admissions committee, you're in! lol, Hang in there, I've been under committee review for a week or so... constantly checking for a decision. Hopefully we'll get some good news soon!!!

Re: University of Florida

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:05 pm
by jpin22
went from all docs received to under review by committee today...3.45 165

Re: University of Florida

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:08 pm
by Rocky Estoppel
jpin22 wrote:went from all docs received to under review by committee today...3.45 165

Definitely not auto-reject numbers, thanks for sharing! Makes me feel better about my chances. Is there any sort of rhyme or reason to who they are selecting to review?

Re: University of Florida

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:11 pm
by midrangejumper
kak23 wrote:
jpin22 wrote:went from all docs received to under review by committee today...3.45 165

Definitely not auto-reject numbers, thanks for sharing! Makes me feel better about my chances. Is there any sort of rhyme or reason to who they are selecting to review?



i THOUGHT at first it was in-staters, but then that got debunked. then i thought it was under 160's, but now that's debunked. so no, i dont think there's a rhyme or reason lol, however im glad to see that it's not just a big reject pile if people like jpin22's app is in there!

Re: University of Florida

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:52 pm
by ShadowRabbit
Went under review by committee today, well all documents received since 2/18

Re: University of Florida

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:21 pm
by jpin22
i feel like the time has passed for them doing only acceptances, and are starting to work on both acceptance, rejections, and wl. I think the only thing we can be really clued in on at this point is possibly the decision in transit.

Re: University of Florida

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:22 pm
by midrangejumper
jpin22 wrote:i feel like the time has passed for them doing only acceptances, and are starting to work on both acceptance, rejections, and wl. I think the only thing we can be really clued in on at this point is possibly the decision in transit.


unfortunately, i agree with you :cry:

Re: University of Florida

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:25 pm
by jpin22
midrangejumper wrote:
jpin22 wrote:i feel like the time has passed for them doing only acceptances, and are starting to work on both acceptance, rejections, and wl. I think the only thing we can be really clued in on at this point is possibly the decision in transit.


unfortunately, i agree with you :cry:


well i mean thats better than noticing that they are doing the auto rejects now. When did you go complete/ under review and what are your numbers? Seems like UF is your number 1, hopefully ill see you there if we get in.

Re: University of Florida

Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:01 am
by midrangejumper
jpin22 wrote:
midrangejumper wrote:
jpin22 wrote:i feel like the time has passed for them doing only acceptances, and are starting to work on both acceptance, rejections, and wl. I think the only thing we can be really clued in on at this point is possibly the decision in transit.


unfortunately, i agree with you :cry:


well i mean thats better than noticing that they are doing the auto rejects now. When did you go complete/ under review and what are your numbers? Seems like UF is your number 1, hopefully ill see you there if we get in.



PM'd ya 8)

Re: University of Florida

Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:04 am
by Rocky Estoppel
How long have people generally been "under review by committee" before getting a decision?

Re: University of Florida

Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:09 am
by geoanthem
kak23 wrote:How long have people generally been "under review by committee" before getting a decision?

I was never under review. I went straight to decision letter in transit and found out less then a week later. I don't know if this is atypical though.

Re: University of Florida

Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:11 am
by Rocky Estoppel
geoanthem wrote:
kak23 wrote:How long have people generally been "under review by committee" before getting a decision?

I was never under review. I went straight to decision letter in transit and found out less then a week later. I don't know if this is atypical though.


Thanks! That doesn't help me at all. :lol:

:wink:

Re: University of Florida

Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:20 am
by SpencerPratt
I still don't understand how to check your status. I see the "check status" on the admissions page, but it asks me to use my LSAC username/password and it doesn't work.

Re: University of Florida

Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:22 am
by geoanthem
SpencerPratt wrote:I still don't understand how to check your status. I see the "check status" on the admissions page, but it asks me to use my LSAC username/password and it doesn't work.

They email you with your username and password after your pay the app fee and fill out the supplementary forms.

Re: University of Florida

Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:22 am
by Rocky Estoppel
SpencerPratt wrote:I still don't understand how to check your status. I see the "check status" on the admissions page, but it asks me to use my LSAC username/password and it doesn't work.
Did they send you an email with your username and password? If not there's your problem. You don't use your LSAC username/password

Re: University of Florida

Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:29 am
by sfburkhead
Actually quite strange. I have florida residency, so I applied as such. I got back from a trip on February 12th and had a letter waiting that said they couldn't verify residency, and I had to send in more info so that I could, so I was moved to the "out of state" applicant batch. Later that day, I got an acceptance packet. Pretty nifty. Anyways, I think I'm going to Illinois over Florida (though the school is amazing, I just don't think I can handle the state).

Good luck to everyone who's still waiting!!

Re: University of Florida

Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:32 am
by coolkatz321
I've been in the "Reviewed, Decision Pending" status since 1/22. I'd like to know sooner than later...

Re: University of Florida

Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:20 am
by savanna
coolkatz321 wrote:I've been in the "Reviewed, Decision Pending" status since 1/22. I'd like to know sooner than later...

If you don't mind me asking,what are your numbers? Im in he same boat and I'm trying to make rhyme or reason out of this.

Re: University of Florida

Posted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:46 am
by jpin22
How long is it taking from under review to receiving a decision?