University of Florida

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
flhealth
Posts: 261
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:28 am

Re: University of Florida

Postby flhealth » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:57 pm

i thought under review and under review by committee were the same...in fact i didnt even know there was an "under review by committee"

Edge427
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:15 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby Edge427 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:01 pm

Don't think so because we've seen both on here.

midrangejumper
Posts: 243
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:38 am

Re: University of Florida

Postby midrangejumper » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:01 pm

Edge427 wrote:Mine was "all docs received" and went to "under review; decision pending".

Here's how it seems to me so far based on feedback from this board:

1. All Docs Received
2a. Under Review, Decision Pending
2b. Under Review by Committee, Decision pending
3a. Reviewed by Committee, Decision Pending (our assumption is this is WL/Hold)
3b. Decision in Transit (our assumption is admittance, but as we approach march/april, the chances of this also being other decisions increases as they will eventually have to send out the other decisions)


im just at "Under review by committe"........no decision pending after...uh oh :cry:

Edge427
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:15 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby Edge427 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:02 pm

Also, I am also under their 25% for GPA and at their median for LSAT.

It seems like most of us who went blank the other day and are now under review definitely have similar numbers.

Edge427
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:15 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby Edge427 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:03 pm

midrangejumper wrote:
Edge427 wrote:Mine was "all docs received" and went to "under review; decision pending".

Here's how it seems to me so far based on feedback from this board:

1. All Docs Received
2a. Under Review, Decision Pending
2b. Under Review by Committee, Decision pending
3a. Reviewed by Committee, Decision Pending (our assumption is this is WL/Hold)
3b. Decision in Transit (our assumption is admittance, but as we approach march/april, the chances of this also being other decisions increases as they will eventually have to send out the other decisions)


im just at "Under review by committe"........no decision pending after...uh oh :cry:


my bad, I'm not sure if under review by committee also had decision pending at the end. I just know there's definitely "under review; decision pending" and there's definitely a different one that says "under review by committee".

User avatar
flhealth
Posts: 261
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:28 am

Re: University of Florida

Postby flhealth » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:09 pm

Edge427 wrote:
midrangejumper wrote:
Edge427 wrote:Mine was "all docs received" and went to "under review; decision pending".

Here's how it seems to me so far based on feedback from this board:

1. All Docs Received
2a. Under Review, Decision Pending
2b. Under Review by Committee, Decision pending
3a. Reviewed by Committee, Decision Pending (our assumption is this is WL/Hold)
3b. Decision in Transit (our assumption is admittance, but as we approach march/april, the chances of this also being other decisions increases as they will eventually have to send out the other decisions)


im just at "Under review by committe"........no decision pending after...uh oh :cry:


my bad, I'm not sure if under review by committee also had decision pending at the end. I just know there's definitely "under review; decision pending" and there's definitely a different one that says "under review by committee".

so you had under review by committee before you had under review decision pending?

Edge427
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:15 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby Edge427 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:10 pm

No other way around.

For me it was: All Docs Received -> Blank -> Under Review; Decision Pending

User avatar
flhealth
Posts: 261
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:28 am

Re: University of Florida

Postby flhealth » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:16 pm

Edge427 wrote:No other way around.

For me it was: All Docs Received -> Blank -> Under Review; Decision Pending

so there was no "under review by committee"? just "under review; decision pending"?

Edge427
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:15 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby Edge427 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:18 pm

flhealth wrote:
Edge427 wrote:No other way around.

For me it was: All Docs Received -> Blank -> Under Review; Decision Pending

so there was no "under review by committee"? just "under review; decision pending"?


Correct.

hotshotdre
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:22 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby hotshotdre » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:24 pm

Mine says under review by committee? It just updated today.

dslslave
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:57 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby dslslave » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:27 pm

hotshotdre, I also finally went into "Under review by committee" today after no updates for a month. Hope they dont string us along any more! 155/3.8/UF undergrad here with decent softs....I may be a longshot but Im hoping my good letters and essay will push me over the edge. Thoughts?

User avatar
flhealth
Posts: 261
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:28 am

Re: University of Florida

Postby flhealth » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:28 pm

Edge427 wrote:
flhealth wrote:
Edge427 wrote:No other way around.

For me it was: All Docs Received -> Blank -> Under Review; Decision Pending

so there was no "under review by committee"? just "under review; decision pending"?


Correct.

so we are in the same exact boat....right now i am soooo happy UF doesnt consider the Feb LSAT, that would definitely be disheartening

hotshotdre
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:22 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby hotshotdre » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:29 pm

I am hoping that the softs get me through as well. I am interning at the law school right now, so it would really suck if they reject me. Good luck to you!

billykelly76
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:47 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby billykelly76 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:33 pm

project40 wrote:yeah i am "under review, decision pending" and didnt know there was "reviewed, decision pending" until just now so this gives me a glimmer of hope i suppose

oh and i have been that since 2/26



I'm also "under review, decision pending", also as of 2/26. We'll see.

User avatar
flhealth
Posts: 261
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:28 am

Re: University of Florida

Postby flhealth » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:34 pm

hotshotdre wrote:I am hoping that the softs get me through as well. I am interning at the law school right now, so it would really suck if they reject me. Good luck to you!

wait...so where does the admissions office like to get bagels from? 8)

Edge427
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:15 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby Edge427 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:34 pm

flhealth wrote:
Edge427 wrote:
flhealth wrote:
Edge427 wrote:No other way around.

For me it was: All Docs Received -> Blank -> Under Review; Decision Pending

so there was no "under review by committee"? just "under review; decision pending"?


Correct.

so we are in the same exact boat....right now i am soooo happy UF doesnt consider the Feb LSAT, that would definitely be disheartening


Tell me about it!

hotshotdre
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:22 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby hotshotdre » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:36 pm

flhealth wrote:
hotshotdre wrote:I am hoping that the softs get me through as well. I am interning at the law school right now, so it would really suck if they reject me. Good luck to you!

wait...so where does the admissions office like to get bagels from? 8)


I think that it might be Einsteins. They always have mine buttered for me when I get into the office. :lol:

User avatar
Rocky Estoppel
Posts: 283
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:41 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby Rocky Estoppel » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:39 pm

I finally had a status checker update today to "under review by committee" today. I'm crossing my fingers here.

User avatar
flhealth
Posts: 261
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:28 am

Re: University of Florida

Postby flhealth » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:43 pm

kak23 wrote:I finally had a status checker update today to "under review by committee" today. I'm crossing my fingers here.

what were you right before this?

Edge427
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:15 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby Edge427 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:47 pm

kak23 wrote:I finally had a status checker update today to "under review by committee" today. I'm crossing my fingers here.


Good luck! Were you in the group that went blank last week?

User avatar
Rocky Estoppel
Posts: 283
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:41 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby Rocky Estoppel » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:48 pm

flhealth wrote:
kak23 wrote:I finally had a status checker update today to "under review by committee" today. I'm crossing my fingers here.

what were you right before this?

All documents received. Does anyone know if "under review by committee" is good/bad/indifferent to "under review - decision pending?"

User avatar
flhealth
Posts: 261
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:28 am

Re: University of Florida

Postby flhealth » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:49 pm

kak23 wrote:
flhealth wrote:
kak23 wrote:I finally had a status checker update today to "under review by committee" today. I'm crossing my fingers here.

what were you right before this?

All documents received. Does anyone know if "under review by committee" is good/bad/indifferent to "under review - decision pending?"

what are your numbers ?...sorry just trying to hypothasize

User avatar
Rocky Estoppel
Posts: 283
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:41 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby Rocky Estoppel » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:51 pm

Edge427 wrote:
kak23 wrote:I finally had a status checker update today to "under review by committee" today. I'm crossing my fingers here.


Good luck! Were you in the group that went blank last week?
I don't think so, but I wasn't checking my status checker every day so who knows? I had some problems going complete because I had to clear up some C&F issues that I answered yes to on the application and it took awhile to get the proper paperwork in order. Nothing serious at all that would have me worried about having an effect on my application but they needed "official" documentation. Finally went complete a couple of weeks ago. I have some family in FL so an acceptance here would be a big deal for me.

hotshotdre
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:22 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby hotshotdre » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:54 pm

Edge427 wrote:
kak23 wrote:I finally had a status checker update today to "under review by committee" today. I'm crossing my fingers here.


Good luck! Were you in the group that went blank last week?


If you were like me, (I'm also in the group that went "under review by committee" today), I wasnt in the group of people who when blank last week. All last week I was still "All documents recieved"

Edge427
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:15 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby Edge427 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:03 pm

Interesting, so last week a group of us went blank and then "Under Review; Decision Pending".

This week, a group of us went from "All Docs Received" to "Under Review by Committee".


Maybe not everyone gets reviewed by the committee?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”