University of Florida

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
WaywardSon

Re: University of Florida

Postby WaywardSon » Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:20 pm

You guys who already went complete: when did UF send you that email asking for the $30 app fee and residency form (if applicable)? I applied over a week and a half ago and I've got nothing so far. They're the only school I haven't paid yet...

mdd05d

Postby mdd05d » Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:44 pm

I applied well over a month ago and I never got that email. After some research, I'm now positive that I never paid the app fee, and I never filled out a residency form. Despite that, my status is listed as "all required documents recieved" and I'm listed as having Florida Residency. I called the admissions office the other day, but I got transferred to the Registrar's office and as someone alluded to in here, it didn't seem like they were on top of their stuff. What should I do? Is it possible that I fell through the cracks or something?

Also, is it possible I got a fee waiver or something and didn't know it? I haven't heard of UF giving merit based fee waivers..

WaywardSon

Postby WaywardSon » Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:48 pm

mdd05d wrote:I applied well over a month ago and I never got that email. After some research, I'm now positive that I never paid the app fee, and I never filled out a residency form. Despite that, my status is listed as "all required documents recieved" and I'm listed as having Florida Residency. I called the admissions office the other day, but I got transferred to the Registrar's office and as someone alluded to in here, it didn't seem like they were on top of their stuff. What should I do? Is it possible that I fell through the cracks or something?

Also, is it possible I got a fee waiver or something and didn't know it? I haven't heard of UF giving merit based fee waivers..

They don't, to my knowledge. I have an LSAC fee-waiver, and apparently state schools like UF don't accept it because the $30 is a state fee they must pay. That's fine, I'd be happy to pay them the money if they would contact me for it...

carrowd3

Postby carrowd3 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:55 pm

I sent an email two days ago asking about the fee application. I haven't heard back...

project40

Postby project40 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:09 pm

carrowd3 wrote:I sent an email two days ago asking about the fee application. I haven't heard back...

i sent my stuff to UF around 12/1 and today got an e-mail asking me to fill out some information forms and residency forms through their website...this also included a payment of my $30 fee.

My status is now complete per an e-mail i received upon completion and I can now use their online status checker.

carrowd3

Postby carrowd3 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:08 am

Thanks. They still haven't replied to my email....

jennylynn

Postby jennylynn » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:55 am

When did y'all receive an e-mail after applying? I talked to a (rather snooty) lady and she said a week or two just to send the e-mail. Of course, then you have to pay the application fee (which is really strange to me...I don't understand why they won't just accept the fee at the beginning).

WaywardSon

Postby WaywardSon » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:46 pm

I got the email to pay and fill out extra forms approximately a week and a half after I submitted my app online.

jennylynn

Postby jennylynn » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:04 pm

gah, I hate the wait. lol
Is everything at UF run this way? I don't want to go to a school that won't release my grades until a month after the semester is over or something.

js87

Postby js87 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:38 pm

I submitted my application in early October and went complete shortly thereafter, and I've been "under review by committee" according to the status checker for upwards of three weeks now. I'm getting a little worried, it seems that many other people who applied after I did are already getting decisions :(
Last edited by js87 on Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

coqui

Postby coqui » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:42 pm

submitted - 12/02
email for extra info and fee - 12/12

I would def. call if you haven't received the email for over 2 weeks...

hopeforthebest

Postby hopeforthebest » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:57 pm

jennylynn wrote:gah, I hate the wait. lol
Is everything at UF run this way? I don't want to go to a school that won't release my grades until a month after the semester is over or something.

Well, I don't know about the law school, but as for when grades are released for undergrad, they release them the Monday night after finals week has been completed. I think that is a decent enough turnaround time.

But you do need to stay on top of things yourself. I had to send out a Dean's Cert and administration said that they would not notify me when it was completed and sent out, so I checked a couple of weeks later just to make sure that they did indeed complete it. UF has such a huge student body, so it is not really a surprise if they mess things up once and awhile.

carrowd3

Postby carrowd3 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:12 pm

I just called admissions and she said your file is complete. I said alright, but I didn't pay for the application. Then she paused for a while (playing around on the computer) and said that somehow they missed sending the follow up email. They're organization is discouraging since it's one of my top picks.

screech

Postby screech » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:21 pm

They took my money with no problem. But I was glad it was only 30 bucks.

mdd05d

Postby mdd05d » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:16 pm

I went back and paid and did all of the other stuff anyway. Luckily my roommate also applied there and so he was able to forward me the email with the link to the payment/supplementary documents page. I think I probably would have gotten away with it, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Anyway, my status checker changed to "Under Review" today. Anyone else getting the same thing?

screech

Postby screech » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:19 pm

mdd05d wrote:I went back and paid and did all of the other stuff anyway. Luckily my roommate also applied there and so he was able to forward me the email with the link to the payment/supplementary documents page. I think I probably would have gotten away with it, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Anyway, my status checker changed to "Under Review" today. Anyone else getting the same thing?

Nope. Mine still says "All Required Documents Received" as of 12/10/08 But I got an update e mail/newsletter thing from them. Apparently their Admissions Dean changed hands.

jennalc

Postby jennalc » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:25 pm

Mine changed today, too. I'm wondering how long it'll be before we receive a decision now... hopefully not too long.

carrowd3

Postby carrowd3 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:29 pm

Mine went under review today too. I guess paying the app fee last night didn't slow things down.

fergi85

Postby fergi85 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:30 pm

Been under review since 11/26...this can't be good.

LOW LSAT/High GPA....2 WE, strong softs, URM

UF Undergrad.

green918

Postby green918 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:32 pm

jennalc wrote:Mine changed today, too. I'm wondering how long it'll be before we receive a decision now... hopefully not too long.

It was less than a week for me. But mine never changed to "under review." My status completely disappeared and then popped up as "decision letter in transit." The letter came in the mail a few days later. You shouldn't be waiting too long if they follow a similar pattern!

mdd05d

Postby mdd05d » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:36 pm

Yea, that was interesting to read in the newsletter. I guess the Admissions Dean took a leave of absence ahead of his expected retirement. I wonder if that is gonna slow the process of getting back to applicants at all.

mdd05d

Postby mdd05d » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:38 pm

fergi85 wrote:Been under review since 11/26...this can't be good.

LOW LSAT/High GPA....2 WE, strong softs, URM

UF Undergrad.

Since 11/26?!?!!?! Man, that is brutal.

Postby 06072010 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:37 pm

Grades at all law schools take like a month.

fergi85

Postby fergi85 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:40 pm

nervous it might be a rejection

alibaba286

Postby alibaba286 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:40 pm

i applied 12/7, LSDAS report sent 12/9, and i have not received any e-mail regarding acknowledgment of application/status checker/how they would like me to pay them, just the newsletter thing. when did you guys get your status check log-in and password? i know it hasn't been very long for me, but i feel like i might need to keep on top of things considering your experiences.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”