University of Florida Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ChattTNdt

Bronze

Re: University of Florida

Post by ChattTNdt » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:42 pm

JCougar wrote:There's another factor in play here that some people seem not to be considering: the secondary applicant pool. Technically, people are not even done applying to the school. I'm still not sure how that works if you're someone with a February LSAT but applied as a primary applicant. And I have no idea how many people even apply through this pool, much less get accepted.

Anyone applying through secondary pool is, at best, a waitlist. That's according to UF's website-

"2. SECONDARY APPLICANT POOL
Secondary pool applicants, including those whose incomplete applications are carried forward from the priority pool, will not be considered until all applicants from the priority pool have been considered. Because it is possible that the fall 2010 entering class will be filled from the priority pool, it is possible that secondary pool applicants may only be considered for placement on the fall 2010 wait list. "

Gator2010

New

Post by Gator2010 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:32 pm

Just got back and checked my mail: waitlisted (3/16).

anders08

New

Post by anders08 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:33 pm

Has there been anyone that went DLIT on 3/16 or 3/17 that was anything other than a WL?

nbatty

New

Post by nbatty » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:36 pm

Anybody besides FlowB and me still RCDP?

Anybody want to speculate what happened to our apps/what the hell UF is waiting for? We both went RCDP 2/16. We're both at 3.6, 163.

Last year there were a bunch of flat-out rejects with numbers higher than the waitlist set. Basically every decision after Mar. 20. Wonder if that's us.

Sky'stheLimit

Bronze

Post by Sky'stheLimit » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:21 pm

anders08 wrote:Has there been anyone that went DLIT on 3/16 or 3/17 that was anything other than a WL?

Almost everyone will receive their decision tomorrow. Only a few got theirs on Friday.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

GTLAWSCHOOL

Bronze

Post by GTLAWSCHOOL » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:30 pm

Now that it looks like a good majority of us who got decisions recently were waitlisted,anybody want to share some ideas on how to get off this list?

rcharles

Bronze

Post by rcharles » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:24 pm

GTLAWSCHOOL wrote:Now that it looks like a good majority of us who got decisions recently were waitlisted,anybody want to share some ideas on how to get off this list?
We could go to the ASD and sabotage it. We'll pose as undergrad students and convince all the admitted students to withdraw!

Disclaimer: Just kidding

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:35 pm

GTLAWSCHOOL wrote:Now that it looks like a good majority of us who got decisions recently were waitlisted,anybody want to share some ideas on how to get off this list?
LOCI, visit, prayer.

rcharles

Bronze

Post by rcharles » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:40 pm

ChattTNdt wrote:
alanabanana wrote: Yea, so where do you think you're going to end up going?
In the end all, I have been told that you are supposed to go where you have gotten the most positive vibes from in the beginning. Because the fact of the matter is, whether your school is ranked 51, or 52, or any other number for that matter, you are the one that is going to have been to be dealing with the people and the environment at that school for the next three years.
The thing is, I got a personal phone call from FSU 2 weeks after applying letting me know they'd be more than happy to have me join them for the incoming class of 2010 and that a scholarship would be on it's way.
Since then I've had numerous amounts of phone calls and invitations from the law school and it's students. I guess it was always meant to be, and I'm totally content with that. I KNOW i've worked too hard to remain on any waitlist.
So, where will you be?

Well I only applied to six schools... three in early January - waitlisted at UGA and UF, held at Georgia State. Three more in mid-February - Tulane, Colorado-Boulder, LSU. Colorado is my new top choice, I would LOVE to move to Boulder. My fear is that, since I applied so late to Tulane and UC-Boulder, I should expect nothing but more waitlists. If UF and UGA have already filled their classes, I imagine that other 25-50 ranked schools are not far from doing the same.
Good luck at CU, I'm originally from Denver and I visited that campus last month, I was definately impressed. I told them to wait on considering my app until my Feb. score was released so now I'm waiting. LSU has offered me $ and they "re-submitted my application the scholarship committee," with my Feb score so I'm expecting more. I still cant figure out if UF has even considered my Feb. score which is crazy! Don't they want a 3.9/164!?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Sky'stheLimit

Bronze

Post by Sky'stheLimit » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:41 pm

rcharles wrote:
We could go to the ASD and sabotage it. We'll pose as undergrad students and convince all the admitted students to withdraw!

Disclaimer: Just kidding

I like the way you think

ChattTNdt

Bronze

Post by ChattTNdt » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:23 pm

rcharles wrote:
ChattTNdt wrote:
alanabanana wrote: Yea, so where do you think you're going to end up going?
In the end all, I have been told that you are supposed to go where you have gotten the most positive vibes from in the beginning. Because the fact of the matter is, whether your school is ranked 51, or 52, or any other number for that matter, you are the one that is going to have been to be dealing with the people and the environment at that school for the next three years.
The thing is, I got a personal phone call from FSU 2 weeks after applying letting me know they'd be more than happy to have me join them for the incoming class of 2010 and that a scholarship would be on it's way.
Since then I've had numerous amounts of phone calls and invitations from the law school and it's students. I guess it was always meant to be, and I'm totally content with that. I KNOW i've worked too hard to remain on any waitlist.
So, where will you be?

Well I only applied to six schools... three in early January - waitlisted at UGA and UF, held at Georgia State. Three more in mid-February - Tulane, Colorado-Boulder, LSU. Colorado is my new top choice, I would LOVE to move to Boulder. My fear is that, since I applied so late to Tulane and UC-Boulder, I should expect nothing but more waitlists. If UF and UGA have already filled their classes, I imagine that other 25-50 ranked schools are not far from doing the same.
Good luck at CU, I'm originally from Denver and I visited that campus last month, I was definately impressed. I told them to wait on considering my app until my Feb. score was released so now I'm waiting. LSU has offered me $ and they "re-submitted my application the scholarship committee," with my Feb score so I'm expecting more. I still cant figure out if UF has even considered my Feb. score which is crazy! Don't they want a 3.9/164!?
Thanks. I really don't think UF is considering your February score... apparently they are really strict about NO February LSATs. They seem to operate very slowly, and someone from the Boulder admissions office mentioned in an e-mail that March is their busiest month of the cycle because of processing February LSATs. I can't imagine how slow UF's process would have been if they chose to accept Feb. LSATs.

Good luck at CU to you too. Since they're considering your Feb. score you're clearly an auto-admit. I would even be alright with a WL from there as long as the decision came ASAP, so that I can squeeze a visit in before the end of the semester. I don't know that a visit really does you that much good in terms of getting off the waitlist, but I'll overanalyze the crap out of this stuff regardless.

domeafavor

New

Post by domeafavor » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:51 pm

ChattTNdt wrote:
JCougar wrote:There's another factor in play here that some people seem not to be considering: the secondary applicant pool. Technically, people are not even done applying to the school. I'm still not sure how that works if you're someone with a February LSAT but applied as a primary applicant. And I have no idea how many people even apply through this pool, much less get accepted.

Anyone applying through secondary pool is, at best, a waitlist. That's according to UF's website-

Secondary pool applicants, including those whose incomplete applications are carried forward from the priority pool, will not be considered until all applicants from the priority pool have been considered. Because it is possible that the fall 2010 entering class will be filled from the priority pool, it is possible that secondary pool applicants may only be considered for placement on the fall 2010 wait list. "

I was in the secondary applicant pool and was accepted.

App submitted 1/21
App complete 2/4
Reviewed by committee, decision pending 3/2
Letter in transit (accepted) 3/5

160, 4.08 in-state.

It's undoubtedly harder to get in through the secondary pool, but not impossible.

(But then, this could just go to show that if you were complete in the secondary pool by 3/1, or the date that they could actually start considering you, and you had competitive numbers, you would hear relatively quickly.)

coleab5

New

Post by coleab5 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:38 pm

nbatty wrote:Anybody besides FlowB and me still RCDP?

Anybody want to speculate what happened to our apps/what the hell UF is waiting for? We both went RCDP 2/16. We're both at 3.6, 163.

Last year there were a bunch of flat-out rejects with numbers higher than the waitlist set. Basically every decision after Mar. 20. Wonder if that's us.
I'm still RCDP since 1/14 :(

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

nbatty

New

Post by nbatty » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:01 pm

What are your numbers, Cole?

pearl_earrings

Bronze

Post by pearl_earrings » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:09 pm

Mailing my withdrawal tomorrow. Good luck to everyone here waiting to hear back!

coleab5

New

Post by coleab5 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:29 pm

nbatty wrote:What are your numbers, Cole?
160, 3.4

flowb

New

Post by flowb » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:22 am

coleab5 wrote:
nbatty wrote:Anybody besides FlowB and me still RCDP?

I'm still RCDP since 1/14 :(

Welcome to the still RCDP club. I am holding out hope due to what I've heard about UF being behind in apps this year. And seeing as how at least some 3/16ers are wLs with better numbers than the previous batch, there may be no method to UF's madness. Other than driving us all crazy. At which they are succeeding.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

cigator

New

Post by cigator » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:36 am

domeafavor wrote:
ChattTNdt wrote:

I was in the secondary applicant pool and was accepted.

App submitted 1/21
App complete 2/4
Reviewed by committee, decision pending 3/2
Letter in transit (accepted) 3/5

160, 4.08 in-state.

It's undoubtedly harder to get in through the secondary pool, but not impossible.

(But then, this could just go to show that if you were complete in the secondary pool by 3/1, or the date that they could actually start considering you, and you had competitive numbers, you would hear relatively quickly.)
was your acceptance this cycle? Congrats, but that would be contrary to UF stated policy. Unless all decisions were made on priority apps by 3/5.

anders08

New

Post by anders08 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:46 am

Any 3/16 and 3/17 DLITs get their letters yet? I heard they should all be arriving today.

ACinemaStare

New

Post by ACinemaStare » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:36 am

I've been Under Review since 1/29 if that helps anyone. I have no idea why I haven't received my letter yet. 157/3.7

gatordude94

New

Post by gatordude94 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:45 am

Did anyone go to the ASD on Friday? How was it?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

rcharles

Bronze

Post by rcharles » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:53 am

anders08 wrote:Any 3/16 and 3/17 DLITs get their letters yet? I heard they should all be arriving today.
So far all the 3/16's and 3/17's that got their letters in this thread have been in-state. All were waitlisted.

redvelvetccake

New

Post by redvelvetccake » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:31 pm

Probably withdrawing this week. Good luck to everyone still waiting.

Sky'stheLimit

Bronze

Post by Sky'stheLimit » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:43 pm

redvelvetccake wrote:Probably withdrawing this week. Good luck to everyone still waiting.

Not to be snotty, but please do

I am a 3/16er who just received his WL letter.

whuts4lunch

Bronze

Post by whuts4lunch » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:47 pm

waitlisted, withdrew a few minutes ago via fax

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”