University of Florida

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Rocky Estoppel

Re: University of Florida

Postby Rocky Estoppel » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:09 pm

Just received an email stating my undergrad never sent out the paperwork I requested. They needed my signature on some form. Great. This was information that would have been useful 2 weeks ago when I asked if there was anything else I needed to do to get this stuff sent off. I really, really hate my undergrad right now.

project40

Postby project40 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:11 pm

midrangejumper wrote:when did you go complete?

like early december...i think i was all required docs received on like 12/12 or something like that

jennylynn

Postby jennylynn » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:23 pm

kak23 wrote:Just received an email stating my undergrad never sent out the paperwork I requested. They needed my signature on some form. Great. This was information that would have been useful 2 weeks ago when I asked if there was anything else I needed to do to get this stuff sent off. I really, really hate my undergrad right now.

That sucks.... :?

ShiftyPig

Postby ShiftyPig » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:31 am

js87 wrote:I had been 'under review' for around two months. They've been rude and curt on the phone when I had questions. Status now says "Pending" like other people have said. I called get some clarification; they were predictably rude and ambiguous. I hope that their admission procedure and staff are not indicative of the University atmosphere as a whole. Coupled with other peoples' experiences and the school's middle of nowhere location I'm really considering just withdrawing my app.

For the record my GPA and LSAT are both above the median and I am instate, non URM.

"Under Review" and "Pending" mean under review and pending. You have to understand, they are probably getting hundreds of those calls a day despite stating in the confirmation email that they would not rush a decision on any file.

joonix

Postby joonix » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:21 am

Florida's process is confusing. Do I have to mail documents? I did the supplemental/residency/fee part when they sent me the email, and I got a "Confirmation of Receipt" 11 days ago but nothing since. What does this mean? (I'm not a resident)

jennylynn

Postby jennylynn » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:47 am

joonix wrote:Florida's process is confusing. Do I have to mail documents? I did the supplemental/residency/fee part when they sent me the email, and I got a "Confirmation of Receipt" 11 days ago but nothing since. What does this mean? (I'm not a resident)

I didn't mail anything. If you completed everything on that e-mail, you should be good. It doesn't hurt to call and check, but don't worry. I didn't hear anything until the decision letter.

Mikey1

Postby Mikey1 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:00 am

I am really worried. I applied on the 14th and I have not received any e-mail from them. Today is the 29th. Should I call them or continue to wait?

carine44

Postby carine44 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:05 am

Mikey1 wrote:I am really worried. I applied on the 14th and I have not received any e-mail from them. Today is the 29th. Should I call them or continue to wait?

I applied on the 15th (the priority pool deadline) and haven't heard anything - I'm assuming they may have had a glut coming in at the last minute. I plan to wait another few days before calling.

Mikey1

Postby Mikey1 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:07 am

carine44 wrote:
Mikey1 wrote:I am really worried. I applied on the 14th and I have not received any e-mail from them. Today is the 29th. Should I call them or continue to wait?

I applied on the 15th (the priority pool deadline) and haven't heard anything - I'm assuming they may have had a glut coming in at the last minute. I plan to wait another few days before calling.

Alright. I will do the same. Thanks

carine44

Postby carine44 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:12 am

Mikey1 wrote:
carine44 wrote:

Alright. I will do the same. Thanks

No problem. I'll look you up when I'm freaking out in a week and you can repay the favor :wink:

flhealth

Postby flhealth » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:29 pm

i would call because as soon as i did (15 MINUTES) i mysteriously got the email i had been waiting for....coincidence?....maybe

carine44

Postby carine44 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:16 pm

I'm sorry if this has been covered earlier in the thread, but has anyone gotten a Prospective Students Update email before the notification/app fee email? I just got #6 and that's the first I've heard from them since I submitted. I'm wondering if I should check in with them...

EDIT: I really am averse to calling unless there's obviously something awry, so I just wanted to find out if this is standard practice. Thanks!

gogators

Postby gogators » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:20 pm

carine44 wrote:I'm sorry if this has been covered earlier in the thread, but has anyone gotten a Prospective Students Update email before the notification/app fee email? I just got #6 and that's the first I've heard from them since I submitted. I'm wondering if I should check in with them...

EDIT: I really am averse to calling unless there's obviously something awry, so I just wanted to find out if this is standard practice. Thanks!

Ya I got #5 before completion. #6 sux anyways

carine44

Postby carine44 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:23 pm

gogators wrote:
carine44 wrote:I'm sorry if this has been covered earlier in the thread, but has anyone gotten a Prospective Students Update email before the notification/app fee email? I just got #6 and that's the first I've heard from them since I submitted. I'm wondering if I should check in with them...

Ya I got #5 before completion. #6 sux anyways

Okay, thanks. And yeah, no kidding, I opened it up sort of excitedly and...bleh.

Mikey1

Postby Mikey1 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:28 pm

I just got an e-mail about keeping applicants up to date. However, I have yet to receive an e-mail from UF telling me that they have received my app, let alone complete.

Edge427

Postby Edge427 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:09 pm

Mikey1 wrote:I just got an e-mail about keeping applicants up to date. However, I have yet to receive an e-mail from UF telling me that they have received my app, let alone complete.

Same here.

mdd05d

Postby mdd05d » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:16 pm

Yes! Prospective Students Update #6!! Just what I wanted! So much better than an actual decision!

flhealth

Postby flhealth » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:15 pm

does anybody know if the status checker ever says "complete"...right now mine says "all documents received"....is that the same as complete or does it change to status that indicates complete?

uncle mike

Postby uncle mike » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:49 pm

Complete, Under Review, Decision Pending, Decision. (See Prospective Student Update #2 for definitions.)

Hope that helps.

Edge427

Postby Edge427 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:39 pm

uncle mike wrote:Complete, Under Review, Decision Pending, Decision. (See Prospective Student Update #2 for definitions.)

Hope that helps.

Is there any way to get access to the prospective student updates that were sent before I applied? I've only received #6.

flhealth

Postby flhealth » Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:15 pm

uncle mike wrote:Complete, Under Review, Decision Pending, Decision. (See Prospective Student Update #2 for definitions.)

Hope that helps.

so "all documents received" is NOT the same as "complete"?

project40

Postby project40 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:16 pm

flhealth wrote:so "all documents received" is NOT the same as "complete"?

pretty sure it is...
i went from that to under review by committee

lilognl

Postby lilognl » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:51 pm

hannah wrote:I just went to UF cause it was free and the best school in Florida. It made sense at the time.

Best school in Florida?! :? I understand that the school tries to instill a sense of pride in its students by feeding them the 'gator nation' brand slogan down their throats on a constant basis but to say that they're the best Florida has to offer is an exaggeration! You have two other tier 1 schools in the state: UM (with superior broadcast journalism and music programs) and FSU (with excellent programs that UF doesn't offer: computer criminology and merchandising). Furthermore, there are high-caliber and competitive film programs in the state coming from UCF and FSU which UF can't even match. There is also Ringling College of Art with its many animation majors being recruited by Pixar (my ex-boyfriend went there). Not to mention public honors colleges such as FAU's Harriet Wilkes and USF's New College of Florida. Last, but not least, South Florida has FIU's five star accounting and international business programs; Barry's one-of-a-kind ecological studies and diving programs; and NSU's first rate marine biology and pre-med track. I made sure to research my options carefully after making the mistake of going to football-obsessed UF my first two years. I ended up transferring to UM (no budget cuts, stellar faculty, small classes, resort-like campus) on a full-tuition transfer scholarship and found two killer internships in Miami which definitely helped me land my first choice LS (NYU). I'm not saying that UF is substandard. It's a good school but certainly not the best. :wink:

Postby 06072010 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:05 am

You are smoking meth. For undergrad, UF is far and away, by any possible metric, the best school in Florida.

Also, LOL@resort atmosphere as a positive quality in a discussion regarding academic merit.

Axis

Postby Axis » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:08 am

PKSebben wrote:You are smoking meth. For undergrad, UF is far and away, by any possible metric, the best school in Florida.

Also, LOL@resort atmosphere as a positive quality in a discussion regarding academic merit.

+1

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”