University of Florida

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
SpencerPratt

Re: University of Florida

Postby SpencerPratt » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:21 pm

:popcorn

spitfire935

Postby spitfire935 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:28 pm

Agreed. Just curious how long it would take to get a response. 28 minutes. Last post I'll make on UF's site, because I'm sure that I got a rejection and it's not worth my time. However, if I do get on the wait list, I'm certain that I'll be back. Give me 9 days (give or take) or never hear from me again!

stjaba

Postby stjaba » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:03 am

kaf3 wrote:I was accepted last week and am really excited!

Has anyone thought of apartments yet? I will be coming out of state...so when I go to visit in the end of March, I need to sign a lease. Do the locals know if things near campus are already filled up? I don't mind driving, but not more than 10 minutes.

This is lease renewal time in Gainesville, but only certain areas fill up this quickly. The closest apartment complexes to the law school are Cazabella, Point West, Camelot, and Hawaiian Village, and I'm sure there will be vacancies and deals all into the summer at all these places. The only reason you would have an urgent need to secure a place is if you want to live within walking distance to the law school.

The law school is situated directly across from a residential neighborhood, so there are places you can rent there, but you should probably act fast. The people who own Wilberts, a law school book store, rent out a lot of houses in this neighborhood, so you should call them or stop by when you visit.

unforgyvn

Postby unforgyvn » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:18 am

Last edited by unforgyvn on Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

isaiah6v8

Postby isaiah6v8 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:27 am

Well, DIT, after being Decision Pending since 11/30. My guess is rejection. Oh well, for those that attend, good luck!

lawschoolstudent85

Postby lawschoolstudent85 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:35 am

unforgyvn wrote:
stjaba wrote:

Has anyone thought of apartments yet? I will be coming out of state...so when I go to visit in the end of March, I need to sign a lease. Do the locals know if things near campus are already filled up? I don't mind driving, but not more than 10 minutes.

This is lease renewal time in Gainesville, but only certain areas fill up this quickly. The closest apartment complexes to the law school are Cazabella, Point West, Camelot, and Hawaiian Village, and I'm sure there will be vacancies and deals all into the summer at all these places. The only reason you would have an urgent need to secure a place is if you want to live within walking distance to the law school.

The law school is situated directly across from a residential neighborhood, so there are places you can rent there, but you should probably act fast. The people who own Wilberts, a law school book store, rent out a lot of houses in this neighborhood, so you should call them or stop by when you visit.

Great info, thanks 8) .

You DO NOT want to live in Hawaiian Village

unforgyvn

Postby unforgyvn » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:42 am

wh3931110

Postby wh3931110 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:12 am

Even if one looks past the nature of the comments recently made in this thread, it still remains surprising someone has not only the time but the desire to post on this site every hour

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:08 am

wh3931110 wrote:Even if one looks past the nature of the comments recently made in this thread, it still remains surprising someone has not only the time but the desire to post on this site every hour

Getting your post count up adds e-credibility.

j32f

Postby j32f » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:32 am

Application status just changed from all required documents received to reviewed by committee; decision pending

That means I'm skunked, right?

edit: considering that the decision came at this point.

Midnight Rider

Postby Midnight Rider » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:55 am

Lomax wrote:No, I don't. I don't attack; I only counter.

he's like the Floyd Mayweather of TLS...

lawschoolstudent85

Postby lawschoolstudent85 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:28 pm

Last edited by lawschoolstudent85 on Tue May 11, 2010 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mlewis87

Postby mlewis87 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:40 pm

wiggsb wrote:
Midnight Rider wrote:

Except Floyd Mayweather is likable.

+1 :lol:

Franco Columbu

Postby Franco Columbu » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:29 pm

mlewis87 wrote:
wiggsb wrote:
Midnight Rider wrote:

Except Floyd Mayweather is likable.

+1 :lol:

haha I second that

Moose Thompson

Postby Moose Thompson » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:44 pm

mlewis87 wrote:
Lomax wrote:
mlewis87 wrote:Will the size of the envelope determine the decision? (i.e. big = acceptance, small = reject)

:lol: Why would you even ask this question? The answer would have relevance for only that split second between and including opening the mailbox, taking the envelope from the mailbox, and opening the envelope.

Sorry, asshole. At the rate of such knowledgeable and sophisticated posts, following graduation you should be a supreme court justice in no time. :)

Which Supreme Court?

Moose Thompson

Postby Moose Thompson » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:49 pm

wiggsb wrote:
unforgyvn wrote:
stjaba wrote:

Great info, thanks 8) .

You DO NOT want to live in Hawaiian Village

+1 on Camelot. It's not that great and the traffic is unbelievable there at all hours. I would hate my life if I had to live there.

kaf3

Postby kaf3 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:56 pm

stjaba wrote:

Thanks a lot! I will look into these.

UFLS2013

Postby UFLS2013 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:48 pm

any status changes today?

j32f

Postby j32f » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:53 pm

I changed today. Review complete, decision pending

GatorGirl1230

Postby GatorGirl1230 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:54 pm

For people looking for apartments - I've lived in Gainesville for four years and I would suggest not living anywhere on 34th Street between Archer Road and University. The traffic is horrible in the mornings and the evenings. Also, the houses right by the law school are really convenient, but on football game-days, the road that most of those houses are on is pretty much closed down. The north part of Gainesville (by 43rd St) is pretty quiet and residential. It's a little bit longer of a drive, but I think its worth the five-minute longer drive. :)

unforgyvn

Postby unforgyvn » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:56 pm

izzytovar

Postby izzytovar » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:03 pm

Anyone notice a set time when status changes or has it been throughout the day?

beast510

Postby beast510 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:30 pm

Status changed to "Decision Letter in Transit"

Does that mean I'm rejected? Cuz I think they'd like to send me an email if I got in...

Anyway, it's a reach for me. Guess I can't enjoy Florida's oranges now...

SAE

Postby SAE » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:38 pm

Got a big thick yellow envelope in the mail yesterday. Was hoping for some $$$, but turned out to be some UF Law Magazine..

unforgyvn

Postby unforgyvn » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:39 pm

Last edited by unforgyvn on Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”