University of Florida

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
gogators

Re: University of Florida

Postby gogators » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:57 pm

PKSebben wrote:gogators: please DESCRIBE your sachel's experience.

Honestly, when you get there, I don't like how cramped it feels. You get there in the parking lot with all of the hubcaps and hippie art everywhere, with that VW Bus that's been converted to a table and I guess the vibe throws me off. I had a couple of slices and my gf had a salad (which she swears by). I dunno, not my cup of tea, but to each his own. (I like NY Pizza WAY better) ((don't kill me now)).

Postby 06072010 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:08 am

You know, I never like to eat in there either. I always ordered take out. I don't eat in a) a bus b) a flea market. No thanks. Do you enjoy Bento? It's really the only place I miss up here. Fantastic pad thai.

gogators

Postby gogators » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:34 am

PKSebben wrote:You know, I never like to eat in there either. I always ordered take out. I don't eat in a) a bus b) a flea market. No thanks. Do you enjoy Bento? It's really the only place I miss up here. Fantastic pad thai.

Ya actually that I do like. Personally though, if I move somewhere without a Tijuana Flats (obv. going to happen i know lol), it's gonna suck. But I guess we all need a reason to come back as alumni.....besides football, looking at gorgeous girls, Florida "winters", etc.

midrangejumper

Postby midrangejumper » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:38 am

can we keep this thread more related to UF law school in relation to acceptance/waitlist/rejected info? you guys have really brought it off tangent from that point and good questions are getting missed/unanswered because you guys are clogging up the thread.

thanks

unfgolfer14

Postby unfgolfer14 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:43 am

midrangejumper wrote:can we keep this thread more related to UF law school in relation to acceptance/waitlist/rejected info? you guys have really brought it off tangent from that point and good questions are getting missed/unanswered because you guys are clogging up the thread.

thanks

I grew up in gainesville, went to UNF, worked in Jacksonville , and now apllying to Ufl. I am hoping to get in there, although I havent hear the greatest things abut the UF School of law....Very comp if I am not mistatken?

rainmaker614

Postby rainmaker614 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:47 am

midrangejumper wrote:can we keep this thread more related to UF law school in relation to acceptance/waitlist/rejected info? you guys have really brought it off tangent from that point and good questions are getting missed/unanswered because you guys are clogging up the thread.

thanks

+1... I hate when a thread gets hijacked.

lilquibo

Postby lilquibo » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:35 am

unfgolfer14 wrote:I grew up in gainesville, went to UNF, worked in Jacksonville , and now apllying to Ufl. I am hoping to get in there, although I havent hear the greatest things abut the UF School of law....Very comp if I am not mistatken?

As opposed to not competitive? If your scared of competition maybe you should reconsider law all together. The real world is always competitive, you might as well get a dose of it before you have to start competing for jobs. Whenever i hear comments like that it really bothers me, why are we as a society always looking for the easiest possible route. It's no wonder I know so many people who immigrated here from other countries (with limited educations) and have absolutely made a killing here. After experiencing starvation, poverty, and crime in third world countries, the things that average p*ssy's like yourself worry about (like competitiveness), must seem like child's play to them. Bro my advice to you is to grow some balls.

fischgat

Postby fischgat » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:15 pm

I applied on 1/15/09, the deadline. I wonder how that will affect my chances.

Mikey1

Postby Mikey1 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:24 pm

fischgat wrote:I applied on 1/15/09, the deadline. I wonder how that will affect my chances.

I applied the same date and I have a question: Have you received any confirmation from them at all? I haven't. I don't know if they even received my application.

midrangejumper

Postby midrangejumper » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:23 pm

i think you guys have to all "all documents received" to be able to still be in their priority pool. it takes about 2 weeks to get the email (at least it did for me)

im guessing you guys are going to get thrown in their regular pool

Edge427

Postby Edge427 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:19 pm

I too applied 1/14/09 and have not received the email yet. I'm sure they received tons of applications on the final week before the deadline, so it could just be backlog.

I called and confirmed that as long as the electronic application was sent before 1/15/09, you're considered in the priority pool.

flhealth

Postby flhealth » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:23 pm

i sent in my application on Jan 11, still havent received anything via email....called today and they told me to expect an email explaining how to pay the application fee next week

Edge427

Postby Edge427 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:33 pm

What confuses me is that a few people in this thread said they checked their online status but never received the email with the instructions. If you never received the email with the instructions, howd you get the login to use the online status checker?

flhealth

Postby flhealth » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:36 pm

Edge427 wrote:What confuses me is that a few people in this thread said they checked their online status but never received the email with the instructions. If you never received the email with the instructions, howd you get the login to use the online status checker?

i thought they use your lsac log in and password on the status checker at the UF website...not positive though

Rocky Estoppel

Postby Rocky Estoppel » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:36 pm

My status still says, missing documents, call school. The status date is 1/5/09. I've sent the documents they wanted to them a while ago, if it's not updated within the week, I'm probably going to have to call them next week.

midrangejumper

Postby midrangejumper » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:38 pm

i sent my app in 12/30, got the email with how to pay/residency stuff you have to fill out/status checker info on 1/15. my status checker is at "all documents received" which i now hear doesn't even mean you're complete yet/even close to being reviewed :cry:

Edge427

Postby Edge427 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:40 pm

flhealth wrote:
Edge427 wrote:What confuses me is that a few people in this thread said they checked their online status but never received the email with the instructions. If you never received the email with the instructions, howd you get the login to use the online status checker?

i thought they use your lsac log in and password on the status checker at the UF website...not positive though

I tried that, didn't work. For all the other schools I've applied to, I received an email with the same log in for all (first initial, last name, and last 4 digits of LSAC ID).

The email also contained a temporary password that was unique to each school.

midrangejumper

Postby midrangejumper » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:43 pm

Edge427 wrote:
flhealth wrote:

I tried that, didn't work. For all the other schools I've applied to, I received an email with the same log in for all (first initial, last name, and last 4 digits of LSAC ID).

just wait for the email, they'll give you the your username/temp password for the status checker after you fill out your residency info

flhealth

Postby flhealth » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:43 pm

Edge427 wrote:
flhealth wrote:

it doesnt work for me either, but i assumed that was because they hadnt got around to activating it yet...no complaints (in case adcomms are lurking :D )

Edge427

Postby Edge427 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:44 pm

flhealth wrote:
Edge427 wrote:
flhealth wrote:

it doesnt work for me either, but i assumed that was because they hadnt got around to activating it yet...no complaints (in case adcomms are lurking :D )

Believe me, no complaints either. Just curious if I had missed something. Spam filters can be dangerous.

midrangejumper

Postby midrangejumper » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:48 pm

when i called UF as well as FSU, both seemed to be bogged down with additional applicants after the december lsat....thus the reason why it's taking more time than maybe we'd hope for in the application process. that also means a lotta people applied around the same time = :cry:

drewtltl

Postby drewtltl » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:49 pm

lilquibo wrote:
unfgolfer14 wrote:I grew up in gainesville, went to UNF, worked in Jacksonville , and now apllying to Ufl. I am hoping to get in there, although I havent hear the greatest things abut the UF School of law....Very comp if I am not mistatken?

As opposed to not competitive? If your scared of competition maybe you should reconsider law all together. The real world is always competitive, you might as well get a dose of it before you have to start competing for jobs. Whenever i hear comments like that it really bothers me, why are we as a society always looking for the easiest possible route. It's no wonder I know so many people who immigrated here from other countries (with limited educations) and have absolutely made a killing here. After experiencing starvation, poverty, and crime in third world countries, the things that average p*ssy's like yourself worry about (like competitiveness), must seem like child's play to them. Bro my advice to you is to grow some balls.

I decided that I would register and reply just to this post because it has to be one of the most idiotic responses I've read in quite some time. What kind of insight are you giving to ANYONE with an insulting tirade such as that? "Average p*ssys" I hope you use that one in class and the courtroom, how about "bro"? I have some advice, learn how to speak before you post "advice" on a forum, better yet before you go to law school.

to UNF, I've heard similar things though any school you attend will be competitive. Very good school especially for practicing in Florida.

mdd05d

Postby mdd05d » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:47 pm

I agree that competition isn't always a bad thing and shouldn't be avoided like the plague at all times. But yea, you might want to learn how to talk like an adult and avoid the street slang usually reserved for when you're hanging with your "bros".

tempurabanana

Postby tempurabanana » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:31 pm

By instructions, do you mean the application fee? I received an email with instructions for checking my online status, but it contains no information about the fee. I applied on 1/7 and have been "All Document Received" since 1/22. I was afraid my spam filter caught the application fee info until I saw other people in here complaining about how long it takes to get the the fee-pay email.

Meanwhile, I applied to FSU the same day and already got an acceptance via phone.

ShiftyPig

Postby ShiftyPig » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:32 pm

For UF I'm at "All Required Documents Received." They do seem to be lagging a bit because it took slightly over the 1-2 weeks stated to receive a confirmation of submission from them.

FSU seems to have its act together - submitted my application at 7:04pm on 1/12 and received an acceptance phone call last Friday 1/23.

Edit: Guess that makes two of us :D

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”