University of Florida

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
gogators
Posts: 272
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:20 am

Re: University of Florida

Postby gogators » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:57 pm

PKSebben wrote:gogators: please DESCRIBE your sachel's experience.


Honestly, when you get there, I don't like how cramped it feels. You get there in the parking lot with all of the hubcaps and hippie art everywhere, with that VW Bus that's been converted to a table and I guess the vibe throws me off. I had a couple of slices and my gf had a salad (which she swears by). I dunno, not my cup of tea, but to each his own. (I like NY Pizza WAY better) ((don't kill me now)).

06072010
Posts: 1468
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:30 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby 06072010 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:08 am

You know, I never like to eat in there either. I always ordered take out. I don't eat in a) a bus b) a flea market. No thanks. Do you enjoy Bento? It's really the only place I miss up here. Fantastic pad thai.

User avatar
gogators
Posts: 272
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:20 am

Re: University of Florida

Postby gogators » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:34 am

PKSebben wrote:You know, I never like to eat in there either. I always ordered take out. I don't eat in a) a bus b) a flea market. No thanks. Do you enjoy Bento? It's really the only place I miss up here. Fantastic pad thai.


Ya actually that I do like. Personally though, if I move somewhere without a Tijuana Flats (obv. going to happen i know lol), it's gonna suck. But I guess we all need a reason to come back as alumni.....besides football, looking at gorgeous girls, Florida "winters", etc.

midrangejumper
Posts: 243
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:38 am

Re: University of Florida

Postby midrangejumper » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:38 am

can we keep this thread more related to UF law school in relation to acceptance/waitlist/rejected info? you guys have really brought it off tangent from that point and good questions are getting missed/unanswered because you guys are clogging up the thread.

thanks

User avatar
unfgolfer14
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:10 am

Re: University of Florida

Postby unfgolfer14 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:43 am

midrangejumper wrote:can we keep this thread more related to UF law school in relation to acceptance/waitlist/rejected info? you guys have really brought it off tangent from that point and good questions are getting missed/unanswered because you guys are clogging up the thread.

thanks

I grew up in gainesville, went to UNF, worked in Jacksonville , and now apllying to Ufl. I am hoping to get in there, although I havent hear the greatest things abut the UF School of law....Very comp if I am not mistatken?

rainmaker614
Posts: 157
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:07 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby rainmaker614 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:47 am

midrangejumper wrote:can we keep this thread more related to UF law school in relation to acceptance/waitlist/rejected info? you guys have really brought it off tangent from that point and good questions are getting missed/unanswered because you guys are clogging up the thread.

thanks


+1... I hate when a thread gets hijacked.

lilquibo
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:39 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby lilquibo » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:35 am

unfgolfer14 wrote:I grew up in gainesville, went to UNF, worked in Jacksonville , and now apllying to Ufl. I am hoping to get in there, although I havent hear the greatest things abut the UF School of law....Very comp if I am not mistatken?


As opposed to not competitive? If your scared of competition maybe you should reconsider law all together. The real world is always competitive, you might as well get a dose of it before you have to start competing for jobs. Whenever i hear comments like that it really bothers me, why are we as a society always looking for the easiest possible route. It's no wonder I know so many people who immigrated here from other countries (with limited educations) and have absolutely made a killing here. After experiencing starvation, poverty, and crime in third world countries, the things that average p*ssy's like yourself worry about (like competitiveness), must seem like child's play to them. Bro my advice to you is to grow some balls.

User avatar
fischgat
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:51 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby fischgat » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:15 pm

I applied on 1/15/09, the deadline. I wonder how that will affect my chances.

Mikey1
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:43 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby Mikey1 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:24 pm

fischgat wrote:I applied on 1/15/09, the deadline. I wonder how that will affect my chances.



I applied the same date and I have a question: Have you received any confirmation from them at all? I haven't. I don't know if they even received my application.

midrangejumper
Posts: 243
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:38 am

Re: University of Florida

Postby midrangejumper » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:23 pm

i think you guys have to all "all documents received" to be able to still be in their priority pool. it takes about 2 weeks to get the email (at least it did for me)


im guessing you guys are going to get thrown in their regular pool

Edge427
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:15 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby Edge427 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:19 pm

I too applied 1/14/09 and have not received the email yet. I'm sure they received tons of applications on the final week before the deadline, so it could just be backlog.

I called and confirmed that as long as the electronic application was sent before 1/15/09, you're considered in the priority pool.

User avatar
flhealth
Posts: 261
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:28 am

Re: University of Florida

Postby flhealth » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:23 pm

i sent in my application on Jan 11, still havent received anything via email....called today and they told me to expect an email explaining how to pay the application fee next week

Edge427
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:15 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby Edge427 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:33 pm

What confuses me is that a few people in this thread said they checked their online status but never received the email with the instructions. If you never received the email with the instructions, howd you get the login to use the online status checker?

User avatar
flhealth
Posts: 261
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:28 am

Re: University of Florida

Postby flhealth » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:36 pm

Edge427 wrote:What confuses me is that a few people in this thread said they checked their online status but never received the email with the instructions. If you never received the email with the instructions, howd you get the login to use the online status checker?

i thought they use your lsac log in and password on the status checker at the UF website...not positive though

User avatar
Rocky Estoppel
Posts: 283
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:41 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby Rocky Estoppel » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:36 pm

My status still says, missing documents, call school. The status date is 1/5/09. I've sent the documents they wanted to them a while ago, if it's not updated within the week, I'm probably going to have to call them next week.

midrangejumper
Posts: 243
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:38 am

Re: University of Florida

Postby midrangejumper » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:38 pm

i sent my app in 12/30, got the email with how to pay/residency stuff you have to fill out/status checker info on 1/15. my status checker is at "all documents received" which i now hear doesn't even mean you're complete yet/even close to being reviewed :cry:

Edge427
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:15 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby Edge427 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:40 pm

flhealth wrote:
Edge427 wrote:What confuses me is that a few people in this thread said they checked their online status but never received the email with the instructions. If you never received the email with the instructions, howd you get the login to use the online status checker?

i thought they use your lsac log in and password on the status checker at the UF website...not positive though


I tried that, didn't work. For all the other schools I've applied to, I received an email with the same log in for all (first initial, last name, and last 4 digits of LSAC ID).

The email also contained a temporary password that was unique to each school.

midrangejumper
Posts: 243
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:38 am

Re: University of Florida

Postby midrangejumper » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:43 pm

Edge427 wrote:
flhealth wrote:
Edge427 wrote:What confuses me is that a few people in this thread said they checked their online status but never received the email with the instructions. If you never received the email with the instructions, howd you get the login to use the online status checker?

i thought they use your lsac log in and password on the status checker at the UF website...not positive though


I tried that, didn't work. For all the other schools I've applied to, I received an email with the same log in for all (first initial, last name, and last 4 digits of LSAC ID).

The email also contained a temporary password that was unique to each school.


just wait for the email, they'll give you the your username/temp password for the status checker after you fill out your residency info

User avatar
flhealth
Posts: 261
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:28 am

Re: University of Florida

Postby flhealth » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:43 pm

Edge427 wrote:
flhealth wrote:
Edge427 wrote:What confuses me is that a few people in this thread said they checked their online status but never received the email with the instructions. If you never received the email with the instructions, howd you get the login to use the online status checker?

i thought they use your lsac log in and password on the status checker at the UF website...not positive though


I tried that, didn't work. For all the other schools I've applied to, I received an email with the same log in for all (first initial, last name, and last 4 digits of LSAC ID).

The email also contained a temporary password that was unique to each school.

it doesnt work for me either, but i assumed that was because they hadnt got around to activating it yet...no complaints (in case adcomms are lurking :D )

Edge427
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:15 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby Edge427 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:44 pm

flhealth wrote:
Edge427 wrote:
flhealth wrote:
Edge427 wrote:What confuses me is that a few people in this thread said they checked their online status but never received the email with the instructions. If you never received the email with the instructions, howd you get the login to use the online status checker?

i thought they use your lsac log in and password on the status checker at the UF website...not positive though


I tried that, didn't work. For all the other schools I've applied to, I received an email with the same log in for all (first initial, last name, and last 4 digits of LSAC ID).

The email also contained a temporary password that was unique to each school.

it doesnt work for me either, but i assumed that was because they hadnt got around to activating it yet...no complaints (in case adcomms are lurking :D )


Believe me, no complaints either. Just curious if I had missed something. Spam filters can be dangerous.

midrangejumper
Posts: 243
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:38 am

Re: University of Florida

Postby midrangejumper » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:48 pm

when i called UF as well as FSU, both seemed to be bogged down with additional applicants after the december lsat....thus the reason why it's taking more time than maybe we'd hope for in the application process. that also means a lotta people applied around the same time = :cry:

User avatar
drewtltl
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:37 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby drewtltl » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:49 pm

lilquibo wrote:
unfgolfer14 wrote:I grew up in gainesville, went to UNF, worked in Jacksonville , and now apllying to Ufl. I am hoping to get in there, although I havent hear the greatest things abut the UF School of law....Very comp if I am not mistatken?


As opposed to not competitive? If your scared of competition maybe you should reconsider law all together. The real world is always competitive, you might as well get a dose of it before you have to start competing for jobs. Whenever i hear comments like that it really bothers me, why are we as a society always looking for the easiest possible route. It's no wonder I know so many people who immigrated here from other countries (with limited educations) and have absolutely made a killing here. After experiencing starvation, poverty, and crime in third world countries, the things that average p*ssy's like yourself worry about (like competitiveness), must seem like child's play to them. Bro my advice to you is to grow some balls.


I decided that I would register and reply just to this post because it has to be one of the most idiotic responses I've read in quite some time. What kind of insight are you giving to ANYONE with an insulting tirade such as that? "Average p*ssys" I hope you use that one in class and the courtroom, how about "bro"? I have some advice, learn how to speak before you post "advice" on a forum, better yet before you go to law school.

to UNF, I've heard similar things though any school you attend will be competitive. Very good school especially for practicing in Florida.

User avatar
mdd05d
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:06 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby mdd05d » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:47 pm

I agree that competition isn't always a bad thing and shouldn't be avoided like the plague at all times. But yea, you might want to learn how to talk like an adult and avoid the street slang usually reserved for when you're hanging with your "bros".

User avatar
tempurabanana
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:13 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby tempurabanana » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:31 pm

Edge427 wrote:What confuses me is that a few people in this thread said they checked their online status but never received the email with the instructions. If you never received the email with the instructions, howd you get the login to use the online status checker?


By instructions, do you mean the application fee? I received an email with instructions for checking my online status, but it contains no information about the fee. I applied on 1/7 and have been "All Document Received" since 1/22. I was afraid my spam filter caught the application fee info until I saw other people in here complaining about how long it takes to get the the fee-pay email.

Meanwhile, I applied to FSU the same day and already got an acceptance via phone.

ShiftyPig
Posts: 126
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:18 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby ShiftyPig » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:32 pm

For UF I'm at "All Required Documents Received." They do seem to be lagging a bit because it took slightly over the 1-2 weeks stated to receive a confirmation of submission from them.

FSU seems to have its act together - submitted my application at 7:04pm on 1/12 and received an acceptance phone call last Friday 1/23.


Edit: Guess that makes two of us :D




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Anon.y.mousse., Christinabruin, crimsonknight, dsberkeley, Exabot [Bot], jdanz, laqueredup, mccracal, notsolawful, premalone, Torres1893, xn3345 and 35 guests