University of Florida

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mango26

Re: University of Florida

Postby mango26 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:07 pm

Last edited by mango26 on Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

farewelltoarms

Postby farewelltoarms » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:14 pm

163 3.3 A.A. minority Decision Pending since mid Feb. Starting to get really nervous. UF is the only school I applied to ha.

eaguerra

Postby eaguerra » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:42 pm

So I take it that those who have been DLIT since either 2/25 or 3/1 should abandon all hope of being part of the Gator Nation. :(

unforgyvn

Postby unforgyvn » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:52 pm

Last edited by unforgyvn on Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

spitfire935

Postby spitfire935 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:55 pm

DLIT today, guess it's the tragic death sentence. Oh well, Case Western or Cleveland Marshall here I come! 158, 3.5 Science major. Well at least I don't have to betray my Seminole family. But seriously, damn.

eaguerra

Postby eaguerra » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:22 pm

Has anyone who has been DLIT on 2/25 received their decision letters yet?

*EDIT for clarification.

GoTribe1

Postby GoTribe1 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:35 pm

texlawtex wrote:
SaltnPepper17 wrote:I just switched to Decision letter in transit today (3/1).

I have a 161 and a 3.2 from Boston University.

I'm thinking our fates are tied, I have just about identical stats. My undergrad is even BU.

Wow. Also BU. 3.3/163, 164, still DP since 1/22

Lomax

Postby Lomax » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:23 pm

mlewis87 wrote:Will the size of the envelope determine the decision? (i.e. big = acceptance, small = reject)

:lol: Why would you even ask this question? The answer would have relevance for only that split second between and including opening the mailbox, taking the envelope from the mailbox, and opening the envelope.

mlewis87

Postby mlewis87 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:17 pm

Lomax wrote:
mlewis87 wrote:Will the size of the envelope determine the decision? (i.e. big = acceptance, small = reject)

:lol: Why would you even ask this question? The answer would have relevance for only that split second between and including opening the mailbox, taking the envelope from the mailbox, and opening the envelope.

Sorry, asshole. At the rate of such knowledgeable and sophisticated posts, following graduation you should be a supreme court justice in no time. :)

Lomax

Postby Lomax » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:32 pm

mlewis87 wrote:
Lomax wrote:

Sorry, asshole. At the rate of such knowledgeable and sophisticated posts, following graduation you should be a supreme court justice in no time. :)

Apology rejected, just like your application. And to actually answer your question - all you have to worry about is the following: non-existent = UF decided not to waste paper on you. :)

moe

Postby moe » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:33 pm

eaguerra wrote:Has anyone who has been DLIT on 2/25 received their decision letters yet?

*EDIT for clarification.

DLIT 2/25.. got letter in mail today in california... REJECTED. whomp whomp!

Lomax

Postby Lomax » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:37 pm

moe wrote:
eaguerra wrote:Has anyone who has been DLIT on 2/25 received their decision letters yet?

*EDIT for clarification.

Ouch. :cry: My condolences to you, and presumably to all who will have gone DLIT between 2/25 and 3/11 or so.

lawschoolstudent85

Postby lawschoolstudent85 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:55 pm

[
Last edited by lawschoolstudent85 on Tue May 11, 2010 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mlewis87

Postby mlewis87 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:04 pm

Lomax wrote:
mlewis87 wrote:
Lomax wrote:

Apology rejected, just like your application. And to actually answer your question - all you have to worry about is the following: non-existent = UF decided not to waste paper on you. :)

it appears that mommy and daddy must of had enough money to keep their precious boy out of the public school system. If it wasn't for that, their boy would of had his ass kicked so many times that he wouldn't be able to write his name. :) Regardless, I might tour the campus in fall after I get rejected and look for the biggest douche bag walking around. It will probably be the guy with mommy and daddy holding his hands.

praetorian88

Postby praetorian88 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:08 pm

TLS is a much better place when you start ignoring everything lomax says.

Lomax

Postby Lomax » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:09 pm

wiggsb wrote:
Lomax wrote:
mlewis87 wrote:Sorry, asshole. At the rate of such knowledgeable and sophisticated posts, following graduation you should be a supreme court justice in no time. :)

Do you get off on being a dick to people on the internet? Just because you got into UF doesn't give you the right to shit on people who didn't make the cut. If I am lucky enough to be accepted, I sure hope I'm not in your section.

No, I don't. I don't attack; I only counter. If your logical reasoning and reading comprehension abilities are truly as poor as you make them out to be here, then you won't have to worry about being in my section; you couldn't have done well enough on the LSAT to be admitted to UF. All I was doing originally was making a friendly but pointed remark at mlewis87's over-excitement. I saw what was obviously a ridiculous question, and I lightly touched on that in my comment regarding it. I did nothing to insult him in my post, as any reasonable person would see. He, however, attacked me personally in his response, calling me an asshole. That came out of nowhere, and was completely unwarranted. I countered. I am generally a friendly and helpful member of this board who calls it like he sees it. I don't "shit on people who didn't make the cut". Go senselessly whine and cry elsewhere.

Lomax

Postby Lomax » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:13 pm

praetorian88 wrote:TLS is a much better place when you start ignoring everything lomax says.

The many people who I have helped would tend to disagree. Have you done anything to help anyone here?

mlewis87 wrote:it appears that mommy and daddy must of had enough money to keep their precious boy out of the public school system. If it wasn't for that, their boy would of had his ass kicked so many times that he wouldn't be able to write his name. :) Regardless, I might tour the campus in fall after I get rejected and look for the biggest douche bag walking around. It will probably be the guy with mommy and daddy holding his hands.

:lol: It's "would've". You're going to law school, my friend. Grow up.

Cupidity

Postby Cupidity » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:19 pm

The split second? Perhaps he, like me, has a mailbox that he can see from a distance that big-envelopes can't fit in.

I knew for 30 seconds walking towards my house that I was accepted somewhere, because this damn orange packet was sticking out for the world to see.

Lomax

Postby Lomax » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:21 pm

Cupidity wrote:The split second? Perhaps he, like me, has a mailbox that he can see from a distance that big-envelopes can't fit in.

I knew for 30 seconds walking towards my house that I was accepted somewhere, because this damn orange packet was sticking out for the world to see.

Glorious. :lol:

Well, I guess that totally changes everything. A thousand apologies, mlewis87.

eaguerra

Postby eaguerra » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:22 pm

moe wrote:

*EDIT for clarification.

Oh, dear.

Well, time to recite the Reject's Credo: "Oh, well, there's always next year."

ChattTNdt

Postby ChattTNdt » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:31 pm

Lomax, did you consider the possibility that not everyone will receive their decision in a mailbox in front of their house? My apartment has a very small mailbox, and any package larger than a traditional mailing envelope will require pickup at the main office during business hours. If the individual in question has a similar situation, and the decision is in a large envelope, then they could potentially be waiting 12+ hours to even catch a glimpse of their decision letter.

spitfire935

Postby spitfire935 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:52 pm

There's no reason to start a fight with Lomax. He's like Sheldon from "The Big Bang Theory." He will respond to every attack deserved or not. I am not attacking him, but there is no reason to start a fight with one who loves to debate on the internet as much as he. Oh well, back to enjoying the rest of undergrad before my life is taken over by law school...

mlewis87

Postby mlewis87 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:02 pm

Lomax wrote:
Cupidity wrote:The split second? Perhaps he, like me, has a mailbox that he can see from a distance that big-envelopes can't fit in.

Glorious. :lol:

Well, I guess that totally changes everything. A thousand apologies, mlewis87.

If you can't help anyone, as in give non-douche bag advice, then keep your two cents to yourself dude. Instead of trying to boost your small ego by insulting people over the internet, consider researching on how you can become the dean of UF following graduation, as I am sure you're set to be. Also, beings that such a intelligent being as yourself is already accepted, maybe you could start studying for class and construct your plan on how to "brown nose" all the faculty members. Good Luck.

kaf3

Postby kaf3 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:04 pm

I was accepted last week and am really excited!

Has anyone thought of apartments yet? I will be coming out of state...so when I go to visit in the end of March, I need to sign a lease. Do the locals know if things near campus are already filled up? I don't mind driving, but not more than 10 minutes.

Lomax

Postby Lomax » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:20 pm

ChattTNdt wrote:Lomax, did you consider the possibility that not everyone will receive their decision in a mailbox in front of their house? My apartment has a very small mailbox, and any package larger than a traditional mailing envelope will require pickup at the main office during business hours. If the individual in question has a similar situation, and the decision is in a large envelope, then they could potentially be waiting 12+ hours to even catch a glimpse of their decision letter.

Actually, I did not. My response to this is the same as my response to Cupidity's comment.

spitfire935 wrote:There's no reason to start a fight with Lomax. He's like Sheldon from "The Big Bang Theory." He will respond to every attack deserved or not. I am not attacking him, but there is no reason to start a fight with one who loves to debate on the internet as much as he. Oh well, back to enjoying the rest of undergrad before my life is taken over by law school...

Good call.

mlewis87 wrote:If you can't help anyone, as in give non-douche bag advice, then keep your two cents to yourself dude. Instead of trying to boost your small ego by insulting people over the internet, consider researching on how you can become the dean of UF following graduation, as I am sure you're set to be. Also, beings that such a intelligent being as yourself is already accepted, maybe you could start studying for class and construct your plan on how to "brown nose" all the faculty members. Good Luck.

If one subtracts the feeble and counterproductive attempts to recuperate some measure of respectability via the belching of garbage (and also fixes a good many writing errors), then this post does actually make some sense. I admittedly don't spend my time as productively as I should, but then who does? Certainly not you.

kaf3 wrote:I was accepted last week and am really excited!

Has anyone thought of apartments yet? I will be coming out of state...so when I go to visit in the end of March, I need to sign a lease. Do the locals know if things near campus are already filled up? I don't mind driving, but not more than 10 minutes.

Congrats! Take a look at the University of Florida Class of 2013 thread on this board. Some people commented on apartments there.
Last edited by Lomax on Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”