University of Florida

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
alanabanana

Re: University of Florida

Postby alanabanana » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:40 pm

LoveSaltLife wrote:For the record... DP since 11/30

blah.. i'm sorry to hear that. care to share your stats?

joeysun

Postby joeysun » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:10 am

alanabanana wrote:alright my GPA is 3.67 LSDAS and I got a 161 on my LSAT. But I have been reviewed by committee decision pending since 12/3.. and am still at that status. whats going on??? my friends father works @ the admissions office & told her that they lost a shit load of application information (hence the reason for that last prospective students update) but honestly...it's almost been four months, i'm dying. does anyone have similar numbers who got a decision?!?!

Similar #'s, still no response. DP since 12/3 as well.

GoTribe1

Postby GoTribe1 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:27 am

Went DP last month with a 163/3.3...took Feb LSAT and got 164 (I don't think they're going to consider it, but can't hurt).

Still waiting on decision, but maybe somebody can answer, before I call tomorrow, why I'm being jolted around for my proof of Florida residence. Lived in FL since I was 5, already provided them w. license, tax returns, anything I can think of and they keep sending me requests for more proof including a "list of physical presence in FL from August to October" the year before classes start. I went to school in Boston and finished an internship up north before returning to FL on 9/1...surely they can't deny me FL residence because I wasn't physically in FL a couple weeks prior, after having lived here for just about my entire life? What else can I provide them? Didn't have a job here, obviously, because I was in school. Don't have a car registered to me...do they want like, a home-made video that's date-stamped from last August?

Lomax

Postby Lomax » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:20 am

alanabanana wrote:alright my GPA is 3.67 LSDAS and I got a 161 on my LSAT. But I have been reviewed by committee decision pending since 12/3.. and am still at that status. whats going on??? my friends father works @ the admissions office & told her that they lost a shit load of application information (hence the reason for that last prospective students update) but honestly...it's almost been four months, i'm dying. does anyone have similar numbers who got a decision?!?!

I would be encouraged by the fact that you haven't gone to "letter in transit" just now, actually. However, I think you're on the fence. Two years ago you'd have been auto-admit. That was before the class size reduction. I guess you'll just have to wait for them to tip you one way or the other... Or to strap you to the fence. Honestly, my bet is waitlist. Why? If they were going to accept you, they likely would have done so shortly after issuing the committee decision pending notice. They hold off on issuing waitlist notifications until around the middle of March, after the first batch of rejections.

Luis Gomez

Postby Luis Gomez » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:36 am

Just got $ from UF. Nice scholarship except for the 3.2 GPA requirement. I withdrew already.

alanabanana

Postby alanabanana » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:50 am

Lomax wrote:

I would be encouraged by the fact that you haven't gone to "letter in transit" just now, actually. However, I think you're on the fence. Two years ago you'd have been auto-admit. That was before the class size reduction. I guess you'll just have to wait for them to tip you one way or the other... Or to strap you to the fence. Honestly, my bet is waitlist. Why? If they were going to accept you, they likely would have done so shortly after issuing the committee decision pending notice. They hold off on issuing waitlist notifications until around the middle of March, after the first batch of rejections.

Well I got a large scholarship to FSU, so if I am on the waitlist at UF, FSU it definitely is. Even if I do get in at UF I am still quite certain I'll choose FSU, as I did for undergrad as well. But, I am still clearly drawn to UF (or atleast the idea of getting accepted to them, and having more options). As of now I've gotten a 75% scholarship to UM and a scholarship to FSU and am just waiting to hear from UF. This waiting game is annoying though. Oh well!! :P

Lomax

Postby Lomax » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:04 pm

alanabanana wrote:Well I got a large scholarship to FSU, so if I am on the waitlist at UF, FSU it definitely is. Even if I do get in at UF I am still quite certain I'll choose FSU, as I did for undergrad as well. But, I am still clearly drawn to UF (or atleast the idea of getting accepted to them, and having more options). As of now I've gotten a 75% scholarship to UM and a scholarship to FSU and am just waiting to hear from UF. This waiting game is annoying though. Oh well!! :P

Woah, 75% scholarship to UM? That's what, something like $90,000? I'd be quite tempted by that, though I might be biased in that I really like South Florida. Sounds like you have some good options, anyway, and that not getting into UF shouldn't be the end of the world for you. But given your results so far, they'd be bold to turn you down.

Franco Columbu

Postby Franco Columbu » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:13 pm

So we have entered the first week of March, the first batch of rejections should be ready to be sent off this week...

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:18 pm

Lomax wrote:
alanabanana wrote:Well I got a large scholarship to FSU, so if I am on the waitlist at UF, FSU it definitely is. Even if I do get in at UF I am still quite certain I'll choose FSU, as I did for undergrad as well. But, I am still clearly drawn to UF (or atleast the idea of getting accepted to them, and having more options). As of now I've gotten a 75% scholarship to UM and a scholarship to FSU and am just waiting to hear from UF. This waiting game is annoying though. Oh well!! :P

Woah, 75% scholarship to UM? That's what, something like $90,000? I'd be quite tempted by that, though I might be biased in that I really like South Florida. Sounds like you have some good options, anyway, and that not getting into UF shouldn't be the end of the world for you. But given your results so far, they'd be bold to turn you down.

Lomax? A situation where you might chose Miami? Heresy!

lawschoolstudent85

Postby lawschoolstudent85 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:19 pm

/
Last edited by lawschoolstudent85 on Tue May 11, 2010 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alanabanana

Postby alanabanana » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:23 pm

Lomax wrote:

Yes, about that. I like you, Lomax. Where are you going to law school? or what are the possibilities should i say??

UFLS2013

Postby UFLS2013 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:39 pm

If anyone changes to DIT, please post

Lomax

Postby Lomax » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:40 pm

alanabanana wrote:Yes, about that. I like you, Lomax. Where are you going to law school? or what are the possibilities should i say??

That might actually be a first on this board. :lol: I'm going to UF. If you've seen The Devil's Advocate, then you know that it kind of has to be this way.

Moose Thompson

Postby Moose Thompson » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:03 pm

Lomax wrote:
alanabanana wrote:Yes, about that. I like you, Lomax. Where are you going to law school? or what are the possibilities should i say??

That might actually be a first on this board. :lol: I'm going to UF. If you've seen The Devil's Advocate, then you know that it kind of has to be this way.

What the?! I liked you first, even if you are the devil's spawn. ;)

ChattTNdt

Postby ChattTNdt » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:29 pm

alanabanana wrote:they lost a shit load of application information (hence the reason for that last prospective students update)

Which prospective students update are you referring to? I got #7 Monday of last week and didn't remember it containing anything about lost application info. That's a scary thought... tacking yet another variable onto the already tumultuous UF admission process.

165/3.23, RC;DP since 2/11

horriblegb

Postby horriblegb » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:48 pm

Not excited, Decision letter in transit 3/1 (RCDP 2/11)

Edit: As a matter of fact, I might just start crying :oops:

boadicea

Postby boadicea » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:51 pm

Changed from 12/3 DP to DLIT 3/1 just now. Hoping it's a waitlist and not a reject, since UF seems to really like numbers. I've got a few softs that might pull the upset for me, though.

lawschool5523

Postby lawschool5523 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:52 pm

just went letter in transit as well... D/P since 12/8....

joeysun

Postby joeysun » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:04 pm

You guys who have been Decision Pending since early December and just recently went to Letter-In-Transit...

Mind sharing numbers, please?

mlewis87

Postby mlewis87 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:05 pm

DP since 2/12 and now DLIT 3/1..... I don't like the 50/50 odds. But good luck to everyone. This week might include a hell of a bar tab :)

UFLS2013

Postby UFLS2013 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:10 pm

stats?

Lomax

Postby Lomax » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:10 pm

Moose Thompson wrote:
Lomax wrote:

What the?! I liked you first, even if you are the devil's spawn. ;)

Ha, good to feel loved for a change. :)

horriblegb wrote:Not excited, Decision letter in transit 3/1 (RCDP 2/11)

Keep hope alive. We don't yet know that things haven't changed this year from last.

Franco Columbu

Postby Franco Columbu » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:12 pm

Same here, just changed to DLIT... this can't be good news.

So what exactly are we waiting for now? (an envelope, email, phone call?)

horriblegb

Postby horriblegb » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:14 pm

Lomax wrote:
Keep hope alive. We don't yet know that things haven't changed this year from last.

You're right, but seriously. With my stats. Seriously. $%*#. Arghh. Cannot even form sentences

Lomax

Postby Lomax » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:22 pm

Franco Columbu wrote:

Same here, just changed to DLIT... this can't be good news.

So what exactly are we waiting for now? (an envelope, email, phone call?)

An envelope.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”