University of Florida

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
lawschoolstudent85
Posts: 226
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:10 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby lawschoolstudent85 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:04 pm

.,
Last edited by lawschoolstudent85 on Tue May 11, 2010 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ram jam
Posts: 297
Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 1:32 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby ram jam » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:20 pm

This may have been covered by previous posts. LawschoolNumbers paints a grim picture concerning UF's release dates and acceptance/rejects/waitlists. Basically, if you are notified before March, it is most likely that you will be accepted, however, if you do not hear anything until march, it is most likely that you will be rejected or waitlisted, regardless of when you applied. For those of us who are still waiting, Cheers!

User avatar
Franco Columbu
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby Franco Columbu » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:37 pm

Thanks for the insight... I think my heart-rate just picked up a notch

isaiah6v8
Posts: 367
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:02 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby isaiah6v8 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:57 pm

wiggsb wrote:
JCougar wrote:I've moved to decision pending. I've got a 162 (with a Feb. score on the way which they won't consider in the primary pool). Pretty low GPA, but I have a graduate degree and 3 years WE and some above average softs. I'm pretty nervous, as I'm more on the fence than most people on this thread.



It appears that we've got the exact same stats. I'm checking in with 6 years of WE as well. Hopefully we both get in...


similar position, got my app in very early. I have been Decision pending since 11/30/09 LSAT 167, really low GPA and 7 years of WE. Good luck guys, but I think we are in for a waitlist or a rejection, I seriously hope I am wrong.

User avatar
ChattTNdt
Posts: 231
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:02 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby ChattTNdt » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:24 am

ram jam wrote:This may have been covered by previous posts. LawschoolNumbers paints a grim picture concerning UF's release dates and acceptance/rejects/waitlists. Basically, if you are notified before March, it is most likely that you will be accepted, however, if you do not hear anything until march, it is most likely that you will be rejected or waitlisted, regardless of when you applied. For those of us who are still waiting, Cheers!



Reading stuff like this really freaks me out... is UF really being THAT much more selective this year? There have not been ANY applicants registered on LSN in the last 5 years that applied to UF with a 165+ and a 3.1+ GPA that were been rejected.

I'm a 165, 3.23, DP since 2/11

I really don't wanna be the first 165+ rejected at UF. :(

lawschoolstudent85
Posts: 226
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:10 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby lawschoolstudent85 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:27 am

.
Last edited by lawschoolstudent85 on Tue May 11, 2010 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ChattTNdt
Posts: 231
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:02 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby ChattTNdt » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:30 am

wiggsb wrote:
ChattTNdt wrote:
ram jam wrote:This may have been covered by previous posts. LawschoolNumbers paints a grim picture concerning UF's release dates and acceptance/rejects/waitlists. Basically, if you are notified before March, it is most likely that you will be accepted, however, if you do not hear anything until march, it is most likely that you will be rejected or waitlisted, regardless of when you applied. For those of us who are still waiting, Cheers!



Reading stuff like this really freaks me out... is UF really being THAT much more selective this year? There have not been ANY applicants registered on LSN in the last 5 years that applied to UF with a 165+ and a 3.1+ GPA that were been rejected.

I'm a 165, 3.23, DP since 2/11

I really don't wanna be the first 165+ rejected at UF. :(



They've cut their enrollment by at least 100 students this year.



Thought that was last year.

allimama2
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:06 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby allimama2 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:37 am

I'm a senior and have a 3.35 and a 157 but I'm a female minority. It still says:
Current Status: Reviewed by committee; decision pending
Current Status Date: 12/3/2009

So I have been waiting quite a while and I'm going craaaazy! I sent my application at the end of October. I was thinking of sending in an updated transcript since my overall gpa did go up this past fall semester. I have been accepted to other schools and have gotten scholarships but UF is still my first choice. Does anyone know when we will probably find out? I really hope not to get rejected...

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby Grizz » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:08 am

allimama2 wrote:I was thinking of sending in an updated transcript since my overall gpa did go up this past fall semester.


Do this.

isaiah6v8
Posts: 367
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:02 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby isaiah6v8 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:13 am

ChattTNdt wrote:
ram jam wrote:This may have been covered by previous posts. LawschoolNumbers paints a grim picture concerning UF's release dates and acceptance/rejects/waitlists. Basically, if you are notified before March, it is most likely that you will be accepted, however, if you do not hear anything until march, it is most likely that you will be rejected or waitlisted, regardless of when you applied. For those of us who are still waiting, Cheers!



Reading stuff like this really freaks me out... is UF really being THAT much more selective this year? There have not been ANY applicants registered on LSN in the last 5 years that applied to UF with a 165+ and a 3.1+ GPA that were been rejected.

I'm a 165, 3.23, DP since 2/11

I really don't wanna be the first 165+ rejected at UF. :(


no worries, I will take the bullet for you as a 167 to get rejected.

User avatar
Franco Columbu
Posts: 73
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby Franco Columbu » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:53 am

Those are some pretty high LSAT scores. I don't even know why I have hope with my lousy score if people with 165+ are being snubbed.

User avatar
whuts4lunch
Posts: 391
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:54 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby whuts4lunch » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:05 am

ChattTNdt wrote:
whuts4lunch wrote:I've been decision pending since 1/15 with a very high LSAT for UF... anyone else in the same boat?




165 here... decision pending since 2/11. Weak GPA though (3.23), but I haven't heard of any other 165+ on here that UF has held. stats?


My LSAT and GPA (still under 25th %ile) are both slightly higher. I didn't put my best effort into the UF application though.

User avatar
Lomax
Posts: 249
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:40 am

Re: University of Florida

Postby Lomax » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:06 am

rad law wrote:
allimama2 wrote:I was thinking of sending in an updated transcript since my overall gpa did go up this past fall semester.


Do this.


I strongly agree with rad law. You're on the low end of borderline with those numbers and things are not looking good for you with that status, allimama2. Even if your GPA only slightly - say, to a 3.38 - that could well be enough to get you in. Your sending the transcript and making sure it gets noticed by the Office of Admissions could well be the difference-maker for you.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby Grizz » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:26 am

Lomax wrote:I strongly agree with rad law. You're on the low end of borderline with those numbers and things are not looking good for you with that status, allimama2. Even if your GPA only slightly - say, to a 3.38 - that could well be enough to get you in. Your sending the transcript and making sure it gets noticed by the Office of Admissions could well be the difference-maker for you.


+1. Lomax conveys the importance of this much more than my two-word post does. Do this tomorrow. Seriously.

If I were you, I might also write a letter saying that your GPA went up and saying that your new transcript is being processed through LSAC (and maybe even including an unofficial copy of your new transcript?). Normally I'd say don't bother UF with letters, mail, etc., but it is really late in the game, and this info is important. Thoughts from anyone else on this?

User avatar
Lomax
Posts: 249
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:40 am

Re: University of Florida

Postby Lomax » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:35 am

rad law wrote:
Lomax wrote:I strongly agree with rad law. You're on the low end of borderline with those numbers and things are not looking good for you with that status, allimama2. Even if your GPA only slightly - say, to a 3.38 - that could well be enough to get you in. Your sending the transcript and making sure it gets noticed by the Office of Admissions could well be the difference-maker for you.


+1. Lomax conveys the importance of this much more than my two-word post does. Do this tomorrow. Seriously.

If I were you, I might also write a letter saying that your GPA went up and saying that your new transcript is being processed through LSAC (and maybe even including an unofficial copy of your new transcript?). Normally I'd say don't bother UF with letters, mail, etc., but it is really late in the game, and this info is important. Thoughts from anyone else on this?


I would go a step beyond and call. She has to be absolutely certain that someone with authority reviews the application with updated transcript, and the best way to do that is to have whoever answers the phone put a note on it or forward the file personally. A letter can get shuffled away just as easily as the transcript itself can. This isn't something to be left to chance.

User avatar
ChattTNdt
Posts: 231
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:02 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby ChattTNdt » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:21 am

isaiah6v8 wrote:
ChattTNdt wrote:
ram jam wrote:This may have been covered by previous posts. LawschoolNumbers paints a grim picture concerning UF's release dates and acceptance/rejects/waitlists. Basically, if you are notified before March, it is most likely that you will be accepted, however, if you do not hear anything until march, it is most likely that you will be rejected or waitlisted, regardless of when you applied. For those of us who are still waiting, Cheers!



Reading stuff like this really freaks me out... is UF really being THAT much more selective this year? There have not been ANY applicants registered on LSN in the last 5 years that applied to UF with a 165+ and a 3.1+ GPA that were been rejected.

I'm a 165, 3.23, DP since 2/11

I really don't wanna be the first 165+ rejected at UF. :(


no worries, I will take the bullet for you as a 167 to get rejected.



I'm staying confident, I don't see either of us getting rejected. There are 62 acceptances on LSN that have not withdrawn... assuming 20%+ of applicants register on LSN, there must be quite a few acceptances left over.

Cestjustemoi
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:35 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby Cestjustemoi » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:23 am

From what I hear UF's decision process is murder. Oddly enough I didn't even reach their medians and was accepted within a month. However I'm going elsewhere so someone will be really happy to have my spot folks! Cheers also don't stress about the decision pending status mine said that for weeks, and then it will change to decision letter in transit which will also take a good ten days to reach you, you have a lot of waiting in this process. Don't stress just as many people get rejected as accepted in march!

isaiah6v8
Posts: 367
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:02 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby isaiah6v8 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:34 am

ChattTNdt wrote:
isaiah6v8 wrote:
ChattTNdt wrote:
ram jam wrote:This may have been covered by previous posts. LawschoolNumbers paints a grim picture concerning UF's release dates and acceptance/rejects/waitlists. Basically, if you are notified before March, it is most likely that you will be accepted, however, if you do not hear anything until march, it is most likely that you will be rejected or waitlisted, regardless of when you applied. For those of us who are still waiting, Cheers!



Reading stuff like this really freaks me out... is UF really being THAT much more selective this year? There have not been ANY applicants registered on LSN in the last 5 years that applied to UF with a 165+ and a 3.1+ GPA that were been rejected.

I'm a 165, 3.23, DP since 2/11

I really don't wanna be the first 165+ rejected at UF. :(


no worries, I will take the bullet for you as a 167 to get rejected.



I'm staying confident, I don't see either of us getting rejected. There are 62 acceptances on LSN that have not withdrawn... assuming 20%+ of applicants register on LSN, there must be quite a few acceptances left over.


I like this thinking, lets hope!

boadicea
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:36 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby boadicea » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:21 pm

165, 167 LSATs, and ya'll are sweating over UF? Seriously? Unless you really want that in-state tutition...haven't you gotten into better schools?! UF cutting enrollment by 100 people this year = their response to falling below #50 in the rankings. Not a good sign, and the remedy doesn't bode well either.


Just saying, if your LSAT is above 165, good Lord! You should be fine! Gainesville isn't that awesome, trust me.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby Grizz » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:26 pm

Lomax wrote:
rad law wrote:
Lomax wrote:I strongly agree with rad law. You're on the low end of borderline with those numbers and things are not looking good for you with that status, allimama2. Even if your GPA only slightly - say, to a 3.38 - that could well be enough to get you in. Your sending the transcript and making sure it gets noticed by the Office of Admissions could well be the difference-maker for you.


+1. Lomax conveys the importance of this much more than my two-word post does. Do this tomorrow. Seriously.

If I were you, I might also write a letter saying that your GPA went up and saying that your new transcript is being processed through LSAC (and maybe even including an unofficial copy of your new transcript?). Normally I'd say don't bother UF with letters, mail, etc., but it is really late in the game, and this info is important. Thoughts from anyone else on this?


I would go a step beyond and call. She has to be absolutely certain that someone with authority reviews the application with updated transcript, and the best way to do that is to have whoever answers the phone put a note on it or forward the file personally. A letter can get shuffled away just as easily as the transcript itself can. This isn't something to be left to chance.


Better yet, do both.

User avatar
SAE
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:47 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby SAE » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:28 pm

boadicea wrote:165, 167 LSATs, and ya'll are sweating over UF? Seriously? Unless you really want that in-state tutition...haven't you gotten into better schools?! UF cutting enrollment by 100 people this year = their response to falling below #50 in the rankings. Not a good sign, and the remedy doesn't bode well either.


Just saying, if your LSAT is above 165, good Lord! You should be fine! Gainesville isn't that awesome, trust me.

You may be right, but UF is a perfect fit for those who want to practice in Florida and for whom a 165 LSAT will not earn significant money at a T30 school.

On a side note: didn't UF also cut enrollment last year? Is this year's decrease confirmed?

isaiah6v8
Posts: 367
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:02 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby isaiah6v8 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:59 pm

boadicea wrote:165, 167 LSATs, and ya'll are sweating over UF? Seriously? Unless you really want that in-state tutition...haven't you gotten into better schools?! UF cutting enrollment by 100 people this year = their response to falling below #50 in the rankings. Not a good sign, and the remedy doesn't bode well either.


Just saying, if your LSAT is above 165, good Lord! You should be fine! Gainesville isn't that awesome, trust me.


I hear what you are saying, and I do have other options, including some ranked higher, but UF fits my family's needs a little better. If I had a better GPA, well, it would be a different story all together, but that is basically just saying, "if I hadn't have been a stupid kid when I first got to college..." Obviously other schools like SMU and Alabama, appreciate my work experience a bit more than UF has seemed to.

boadicea
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:36 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby boadicea » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:05 pm

isaiah6v8 wrote:
boadicea wrote:165, 167 LSATs, and ya'll are sweating over UF? Seriously? Unless you really want that in-state tutition...haven't you gotten into better schools?! UF cutting enrollment by 100 people this year = their response to falling below #50 in the rankings. Not a good sign, and the remedy doesn't bode well either.


Just saying, if your LSAT is above 165, good Lord! You should be fine! Gainesville isn't that awesome, trust me.


I hear what you are saying, and I do have other options, including some ranked higher, but UF fits my family's needs a little better. If I had a better GPA, well, it would be a different story all together, but that is basically just saying, "if I hadn't have been a stupid kid when I first got to college..." Obviously other schools like SMU and Alabama, appreciate my work experience a bit more than UF has seemed to.


SAE: down to ~200 from ~300 last year. Only cut this year.

I'm not a parent, but I wouldn't want my kid going to the schools that are zoned around the campus. Exception being maybe P.K. Yonge. Gainesville public school system is SCARY. I hope there's a choice program that Alachua offers!

lawschoolstudent85
Posts: 226
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:10 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby lawschoolstudent85 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:08 pm

...
Last edited by lawschoolstudent85 on Tue May 11, 2010 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Moose Thompson
Posts: 236
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 9:38 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby Moose Thompson » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:30 pm

boadicea wrote:
isaiah6v8 wrote:
boadicea wrote:165, 167 LSATs, and ya'll are sweating over UF? Seriously? Unless you really want that in-state tutition...haven't you gotten into better schools?! UF cutting enrollment by 100 people this year = their response to falling below #50 in the rankings. Not a good sign, and the remedy doesn't bode well either.


Just saying, if your LSAT is above 165, good Lord! You should be fine! Gainesville isn't that awesome, trust me.


I hear what you are saying, and I do have other options, including some ranked higher, but UF fits my family's needs a little better. If I had a better GPA, well, it would be a different story all together, but that is basically just saying, "if I hadn't have been a stupid kid when I first got to college..." Obviously other schools like SMU and Alabama, appreciate my work experience a bit more than UF has seemed to.


SAE: down to ~200 from ~300 last year. Only cut this year.

I'm not a parent, but I wouldn't want my kid going to the schools that are zoned around the campus. Exception being maybe P.K. Yonge. Gainesville public school system is SCARY. I hope there's a choice program that Alachua offers!


It went from 400 to 300 last year. That's crazy, I didn't know they were cutting again this year.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”