University of Florida

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
boadicea

Re: University of Florida

Postby boadicea » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:19 pm

if you've gotten into a better school, congrats...and WITHDRAW! seriously. help us folks out that maybe don't have the scores/gpa you have and would like to stay in-state/are praying for florida!

unless you want to stay in-state with uf or really want to be gator, then fine, stick around of course! after 5 years of being in gainesville i can tell you that unless you really want to be in florida in the future or go for the in-state tution, if you get in somewhere better, GO!

wh3931110

Postby wh3931110 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:55 pm

I guess you missed the part where he said it was his top choice

isaiah6v8

Postby isaiah6v8 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:03 pm

wh3931110 wrote:I guess you missed the part where he said it was his top choice

I think he is just speaking more in general. I thought it was a response to mine at first, but I think he is actually just hoping for the same thing as me, that others who don't really want to be there, will withdraw.

lawandorderfan

Postby lawandorderfan » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:08 pm

Accepted today (large white envelope). Applied late November, complete early December, reviewed by committee;decision pending mid-December, in transit January 20, postmarked January 25. A number of you had stats just a little better than mine so I am betting that most of you will get in. Florida is a great school and I wish all of you the best of luck.

lawschoolstudent85

Postby lawschoolstudent85 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:09 pm

Last edited by lawschoolstudent85 on Tue May 11, 2010 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tigerlilly17

Postby tigerlilly17 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:15 pm

wiggsb wrote:
lawandorderfan wrote:Accepted today (large white envelope). Applied late November, complete early December, reviewed by committee;decision pending mid-December, in transit January 20, postmarked January 25. A number of you had stats just a little better than mine so I am betting that most of you will get in. Florida is a great school and I wish all of you the best of luck.

With a post like that, you gotta give us your stats.

+1

boadicea

Postby boadicea » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:28 pm

if i had meant it for anyone in particular, i would have quoted them. it was a general statement.

that being said, anyone wishing any sort of information on gainesville from a local celebrity/washed up bar-star/5th year, i will be happy to give you a very unbiased and honest view.

MSUPHL

Postby MSUPHL » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:49 pm

in via mail today. 3.6/163 from michigan state. For me it will most likely come down to UF, Tulane, U of A, ASU or one my reaches (emory, texas, vandy). Yes, i am excited for warm weather no matter where I actually choose.

isaiah6v8

Postby isaiah6v8 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:31 pm

MSUPHL wrote:in via mail today. 3.6/163 from michigan state. For me it will most likely come down to UF, Tulane, U of A, ASU or one my reaches (emory, texas, vandy). Yes, i am excited for warm weather no matter where I actually choose.

UA as in Bama or Arkansas? Stark difference in my mind. Just out of curiosity, why Tulane, doesn't really seem on par with UF or your reaches?

PhantaManta

Postby PhantaManta » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:55 pm

In with mail. 3.5 / 163

Funny story with this application... that I won't get into. Sorry :).

Threepeat

Postby Threepeat » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:07 pm

PhantaManta wrote:In with mail. 3.5 / 163

Funny story with this application... that I won't get into. Sorry :).

In via mail as well. 3.4 / 164

sbecker

Postby sbecker » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:12 pm

Im in! Large white envelope. 3.37 and 165. Good luck all!

SAE

Postby SAE » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:13 pm

Grats!

Still waiting [with higher numbers]. :(

Moose Thompson

Postby Moose Thompson » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:28 pm

SAE wrote:Grats!

Still waiting [with higher numbers]. :(

+1

Our time will come, though. I feel pretty confident about getting in, I just think they are letting our round collect for a while to send them all out at once.

gatorlion

Postby gatorlion » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:42 pm

Just talked to admissions and apparently "decision pending" = "You'll find out between March and April." Translation = "We want to see how our applicant pool shapes up before making decisions about borderline cases such as yours, but we won't call it 'being held' or a 'waitlist'. The suspense should make it fun!"

lawduder

Postby lawduder » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:45 pm

gatorlion wrote:Just talked to admissions and apparently "decision pending" = "You'll find out between March and April." Translation = "We want to see how our applicant pool shapes up before making decisions about borderline cases such as yours, but we won't call it 'being held' or a 'waitlist'. The suspense should make it fun!"

Pretty much what everyone has been saying throughout this thread. However, there have been a couple of people who've went from "decision pending" to "letter in transit" so obviously that timeline isn't necessarily true. I'd like to know why someone above the LSAT 75th and above the GPA median would be considered a borderline applicant though...

gatorlion

Postby gatorlion » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:48 pm

lawduder wrote:
gatorlion wrote:Just talked to admissions and apparently "decision pending" = "You'll find out between March and April." Translation = "We want to see how our applicant pool shapes up before making decisions about borderline cases such as yours, but we won't call it 'being held' or a 'waitlist'. The suspense should make it fun!"

Pretty much what everyone has been saying throughout this thread. However, there have been a couple of people who've went from "decision pending" to "letter in transit" so obviously that timeline isn't necessarily true. I'd like to know why someone above the LSAT 75th and above the GPA median would be considered a borderline applicant though...

1) Well, they are doing this for a reason. Clearly the person is not an auto-admit.

2) Perhaps some glaring weakness in the application.

lawduder

Postby lawduder » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:49 pm

I'll just stick to my awesome theory that UF undergrads are getting put on the back burner :D

edit: I'm assuming that these people are also above both medians and perhaps over the 75th for one of the numbers. Splitters and people below medians, UF probably as a reason to wait on you guys (from a rankings perspective) I guess?
Last edited by lawduder on Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Encyclopedia Brown

Postby Encyclopedia Brown » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:50 pm

lawduder wrote:I'll just stick to my awesome theory that UF undergrads are getting put on the back burner :D

You'd think they'd get to us quicker, though... that's what I thought, anyway. Almost like it would be an additional soft factor.

gatorlion

Postby gatorlion » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:52 pm

lawduder wrote:I'll just stick to my awesome theory that UF undergrads are getting put on the back burner :D

I'm a UF grad so I know the perils of admissions at UF. I was conditionally admitted as an UG; that is, I was allowed to enter for summer when I requested fall admission. Later on I would find out while I was a lateral admit to the Honors Program that my application file had no record of my essays. Not that I had a low score on my essays, but no score at all. Someone forgot to provide my application file with scores for my essays. Basically I wound up getting in without my essay scores, but they made it sound at the time like I was a charity case.

pollaclc

Postby pollaclc » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:52 pm

on the topic of traffic tickets...the application says to report traffic violations of $200 or more. I got a speeding ticket after applying that was $160. Should I inform them? If you don't mind me asking, how big was your ticket that they followed up on?

it was $325 i think.. VA has this godawful rule that turns speeding into a big deal if you exceed 80mph. i submitted an addendum about it stating how fast i was going, that my mom was in the car with me, that i did not go to VA for the proceedings but allowed them to try me in my absence, blah blah... but they sent an email asking for an official disposition from the court. i promptly said F that

ram jam

Postby ram jam » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:54 pm

Not a UF UG and I am on the back burner...

lawduder

Postby lawduder » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:58 pm

ram jam wrote:

Not a UF UG and I am on the back burner...

Do you also have numbers above both medians?

kp009

Postby kp009 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:59 pm

ram jam wrote:Not a UF UG and I am on the back burner...

+1

kickincane21

Postby kickincane21 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:06 pm

Did all of your status checkers change? I have same numbers as many that got in today and am a FL resident, but my status changed to Reviewed: Decision Pending on 1/14...I thought this was just because my residency needed further proof that I sent in later.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”