University of Florida

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
traehekat
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby traehekat » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:49 pm

Went "Under review by committee" today. I was starting to get worried because my status has been "documents missing" for a while now, even though I sent in the missing document quite a while ago.

colforbin
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:09 am

Re: University of Florida

Postby colforbin » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:57 pm

I'm also under review by committee. i wonder what our wait will be.

drwjr21
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:08 am

Re: University of Florida

Postby drwjr21 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:21 pm

My status has been "reviewed by the committee, decision pending" for about a week. Am I to assume I am on hold or does it usually take this long before making a decision?

lawduder
Posts: 483
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:56 am

Re: University of Florida

Postby lawduder » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:32 pm

decision letter in transit - 1/22
complete - 1/13

acceptance please?!?!

User avatar
Midnight Rider
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:17 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby Midnight Rider » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:35 pm

Kind of a dumb/repetitive question, but can anyone rough in a timeline for me?

Application was submitted via LSAC yesterday. When should I look for the request for application fee? At this late in the game, am I pretty much guaranteed a wait until late March to hear back? At 3.ohfuggetaboutit UG, 163 (one time), masters, and 4 years of corporate America, am I wasting my time trying to get in in a non ED cycle?

lawduder
Posts: 483
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:56 am

Re: University of Florida

Postby lawduder » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:38 pm

Midnight Rider wrote:Kind of a dumb/repetitive question, but can anyone rough in a timeline for me?

Application was submitted via LSAC yesterday. When should I look for the request for application fee? At this late in the game, am I pretty much guaranteed a wait until late March to hear back? At 3.ohfuggetaboutit UG, 163 (one time), masters, and 4 years of corporate America, am I wasting my time trying to get in in a non ED cycle?


I submitted my application on 1/04, went LSAC complete on 1/05, UF requested a paper LSDAS report on 1/07 then on 1/12 I received an email from UF directing me to their website to pay the $30 fee and fill out a residency form.

User avatar
Midnight Rider
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:17 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby Midnight Rider » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:40 pm

lawduder wrote:I submitted my application on 1/04, went LSAC complete on 1/05, UF requested a paper LSDAS report on 1/07 then on 1/12 I received an email from UF directing me to their website to pay the $30 fee and fill out a residency form.


Thanks bu-Day! I'd love to come get a tan with y'all if the Gator Nation will have me.

fcowrx
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:44 am

Re: University of Florida

Postby fcowrx » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:19 pm

Went "Under review by committee" today as well. 162/3.5 Hispanic. Here's to hoping lol

User avatar
whuts4lunch
Posts: 391
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:54 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby whuts4lunch » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:27 pm

completed November 11. reviewed by committee decision pending 1/15. why the long wait UF?

Emma1
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby Emma1 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:47 pm

How many of you are from out of state?

User avatar
jlnoa0915
Posts: 428
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:25 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby jlnoa0915 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:49 pm

whuts4lunch wrote:completed November 11. reviewed by committee decision pending 1/15. why the long wait UF?


No idea, but FSU got back to me within about a week or so of going to review; plus with the nice personal phone call congratulating me FSU is starting to look better/more efficient.

leraa6587
Posts: 132
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:20 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby leraa6587 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:52 pm

.
Last edited by leraa6587 on Mon May 03, 2010 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
GoTribe1
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:58 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby GoTribe1 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:20 pm

3.3/163 non URM

Submitted 1/4
Complete 1/12
Reviewed by Committee; Decision Pending 1/22


I'm scared.

User avatar
whuts4lunch
Posts: 391
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:54 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby whuts4lunch » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:42 pm

jlnoa0915 wrote:
whuts4lunch wrote:completed November 11. reviewed by committee decision pending 1/15. why the long wait UF?


No idea, but FSU got back to me within about a week or so of going to review; plus with the nice personal phone call congratulating me FSU is starting to look better/more efficient.


Same, I went complete at FSU way later and got an acceptance call shortly after.

lawduder
Posts: 483
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:56 am

Re: University of Florida

Postby lawduder » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:51 pm

Yeah, I really like that FSU calls you. The status checker said that a letter would be sent, but the call is a nice addition and they're super friendly! UF needs to get with the times. Anyways, I'll still be sweating my mailbox.

mango26
Posts: 294
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:16 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby mango26 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:52 pm

GoTribe1 wrote:3.3/163 non URM

Submitted 1/4
Complete 1/12
Reviewed by Committee; Decision Pending 1/22


I'm scared.


+1 same numbers, same status as of today

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby Grizz » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:51 pm

Letter in transit 1/15 received today, 1/22. Accepted. Nice to know I can go to law school on the cheap (in-state tuition).

lawhawk
Posts: 271
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby lawhawk » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:39 pm

mango26 wrote:
GoTribe1 wrote:3.3/163 non URM

Submitted 1/4
Complete 1/12
Reviewed by Committee; Decision Pending 1/22


I'm scared.


+1 same numbers, same status as of today


I think all 163's got decision pending. It seems like UF doesn't care much about their LSAT median?

Johngalt7385
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:26 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby Johngalt7385 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:49 pm

I submitted my application on January 9, and it was complete on the 10th. I have still not received the email from admissions concerning the application fee\residency form. Most posters mention that they waited about a week after they submitted their application before they received the email. Has anyone else experienced a wait time this long?

User avatar
World B. Free
Posts: 103
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:34 am

Re: University of Florida

Postby World B. Free » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:52 pm

mine took about 2 1/2 weeks...hang in there

Johngalt7385
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:26 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby Johngalt7385 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:55 pm

World B. Free wrote:mine took about 2 1/2 weeks...hang in there



I thought about emailing them, but I guess I'm not the only one. Thanks.

User avatar
World B. Free
Posts: 103
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:34 am

Re: University of Florida

Postby World B. Free » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:58 pm

I would wait about another week, then email them if you haven't gotten the email.... I called after about a week and they were nice and just said to be patient..

User avatar
Midnight Rider
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:17 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby Midnight Rider » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:33 pm

mango26 wrote:
GoTribe1 wrote:3.3/163 non URM

Submitted 1/4
Complete 1/12
Reviewed by Committee; Decision Pending 1/22


I'm scared.


+1 same numbers, same status as of today


+2, GPA is .0X off,but I'm right in here with you guys, just got my app in a bit later. Post what happens for sure so I can over analyze more.

User avatar
mps
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:40 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby mps » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:57 pm

I'm 163, 3.2X and was decision pending for over a month. Now i'm letter in transit.

Are acceptance letters in big or small envelopes? i still haven't received anything in the mail yet and want to be prepared when i see the envelope. if it is small and acceptances are only big, i don't want to still be holding out hope for good news when there is none!

User avatar
beesknees
Posts: 458
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:46 am

Re: University of Florida

Postby beesknees » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:02 pm

mps wrote:I'm 163, 3.2X and was decision pending for over a month. Now i'm letter in transit.

Are acceptance letters in big or small envelopes? i still haven't received anything in the mail yet and want to be prepared when i see the envelope. if it is small and acceptances are only big, i don't want to still be holding out hope for good news when there is none!


Don't be alarmed if you see a small envelope. My acceptance came in a regular white envelope. Same with the scholarship letter.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: extrawatermelon, geofemme, Long shot hero, notnecessarilyproper and 16 guests