University of Florida

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
missvik218

Re: University of Florida

Postby missvik218 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:39 pm

FINALLY letter in transit 1/19!! I'd been on that freaking internal hold "decision pending" for what felt like forever (actually 12/9/09).

Cupidity wrote:It took about 10 days to go from in transit to in mail box.

Ew, really!?

WiretoWire09UF

Postby WiretoWire09UF » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:10 pm

UF has a rich history of saying a letter is in transit only to find it postmarked days later. I live very close to campus and it took a long time for the letter to get here as well.

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:34 pm

WiretoWire09UF wrote:UF has a rich history of saying a letter is in transit only to find it postmarked days later. I live very close to campus and it took a long time for the letter to get here as well.

Okay at least I know my campus post office hasn't lost it.

finsthatwin

Postby finsthatwin » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:16 pm

Letter in transit 1/20....Application complete 12/03. Anyone know if there is a different between the days 1/19 and 1/20? Some schools do one day for the Acceptances, another for the Rejections and another for the WLs

SAE

Postby SAE » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:38 pm

finsthatwin wrote:Letter in transit 1/20....Application complete 12/03. Anyone know if there is a different between the days 1/19 and 1/20? Some schools do one day for the Acceptances, another for the Rejections and another for the WLs

numbers?

I'm still pending. ugh

Threepeat

Postby Threepeat » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:16 pm

Decision letter in transit 1/20 as well!! OMG it's good to be out of purgatory (applicatioin reviewed-decision pending), but from how it sounds with how fast they are to send the letters it seems like I might be out of one purgatory to another....lol oh well....

lawduder

Postby lawduder » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:38 pm

Threepeat wrote:Decision letter in transit 1/20 as well!! OMG it's good to be out of purgatory (applicatioin reviewed-decision pending), but from how it sounds with how fast they are to send the letters it seems like I might be out of one purgatory to another....lol oh well....

mind sharing numbers?

Threepeat

Postby Threepeat » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:26 pm

^^ 164 3.4, so I'm a splitter for Florida's sake which isn't good considering they favor GPA. I've also taken the lsat multiple times (hence the username) which I think will also hurt me since they say they don't just accept the highest score.

lawduder

Postby lawduder » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:37 pm

Threepeat wrote:^^ 164 3.4, so I'm a splitter for Florida's sake which isn't good considering they favor GPA. I've also taken the lsat multiple times (hence the username) which I think will also hurt me since they say they don't just accept the highest score.

seems like a "decision in transit" right now would probably be an acceptance with that LSAT though?

Threepeat

Postby Threepeat » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:47 pm

lawduder wrote:
Threepeat wrote:^^ 164 3.4, so I'm a splitter for Florida's sake which isn't good considering they favor GPA. I've also taken the lsat multiple times (hence the username) which I think will also hurt me since they say they don't just accept the highest score.

seems like a "decision in transit" right now would probably be an acceptance with that LSAT though?

haha thanks for the vote of confidence! I'll try to keep telling myself that until I get the letter. Are you in this batch of "decision letter in transit" group?

lawduder

Postby lawduder » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:50 pm

Threepeat wrote:
lawduder wrote:

haha thanks for the vote of confidence! I'll try to keep telling myself that until I get the letter. Are you in this batch of "decision letter in transit" group?

I'm still "under review by committee" since 1/13/10; 167/3.55 also have multiple scores though (3 time taker)

mps

Postby mps » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:00 pm

Oh no i am decision letter in transit too. Glad I'll finally be hearing back but concerned given their weight on the GPA... (163/3.2X). and now we're going to have to wait for these letters for like another month after being pending over a month? haha, yay florida. i'll forgive them if they take me.

Threepeat

Postby Threepeat » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:03 pm

lawduder wrote:
Threepeat wrote:
lawduder wrote:

I'm still "under review by committee" since 1/13/10; 167/3.55 also have multiple scores though (3 time taker)

Well you're in a better position than me! Good luck and I hope you hear back soon!

finsthatwin

Postby finsthatwin » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:41 pm

SAE wrote:
finsthatwin wrote:Letter in transit 1/20....Application complete 12/03. Anyone know if there is a different between the days 1/19 and 1/20? Some schools do one day for the Acceptances, another for the Rejections and another for the WLs

numbers?

I'm still pending. ugh
163/3.75 good luck to all. anyone know if they give any scholly to non-auto-admits?

lawhawk

Postby lawhawk » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:12 pm

164 (multiple lsat's) 3.52 letter in transit 1/19. So far it seems pretty even between high and low numbers for 1/19 and 1/20. Who know's

Moose Thompson

Postby Moose Thompson » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:15 pm

finsthatwin wrote:
SAE wrote:

numbers?

I'm still pending. ugh
163/3.75 good luck to all. anyone know if they give any scholly to non-auto-admits?

My friend got auto-admit at 3.87, 163. No scholly yet. Annnd...I'm still decision pending. :( (3.6, 164 so you don't have to go back looking.)

Lomax

Postby Lomax » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:06 pm

In and probably attending. Numbers slightly better than the last few sets listed, in-state tuition, middling scholarship amount. Received notification of admission (or at least decision) via status checker before being sent the letter in the mail. Scholarship offer came a few weeks later via mail. Good luck to all, and hope to see some of you next fall (except for those of you planning to graduate at the top of your class - the plot line demands that I do that, and then go on to become the best damn trial lawyer in Alachua County).

Cupidity

Postby Cupidity » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:11 pm

You guys, calm down. Look at LSN for this year, 1 waitlist no dings. Look last year...

You are all either at median or above median candidates. Yes Florida will reject some people with your numbers, no it will not be this early in the cycle.

Unless you are a felon or something, a decision in transit at this stage of the cycle is an acceptance if you are in their range. And no, Florida doesn't YP.

J-tow10

Postby J-tow10 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:25 pm

Anyone who is "review pending" (aka, a silent hold) hear anything back yet? Any consensus on when they start reviewing those files again?

rsg87

Postby rsg87 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:32 pm

Letter in transit 1/15. I live in Gainesville and it's still not here. We do things slower at UF.

Moose Thompson

Postby Moose Thompson » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:17 pm

Lomax wrote:In and probably attending. Numbers slightly better than the last few sets listed, in-state tuition, middling scholarship amount. Received notification of admission (or at least decision) via status checker before being sent the letter in the mail. Scholarship offer came a few weeks later via mail. Good luck to all, and hope to see some of you next fall (except for those of you planning to graduate at the top of your class - the plot line demands that I do that, and then go on to become the best damn trial lawyer in Alachua County).

Love it.

Lomax

Postby Lomax » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:39 pm

Moose Thompson wrote:
Lomax wrote:In and probably attending. Numbers slightly better than the last few sets listed, in-state tuition, middling scholarship amount. Received notification of admission (or at least decision) via status checker before being sent the letter in the mail. Scholarship offer came a few weeks later via mail. Good luck to all, and hope to see some of you next fall (except for those of you planning to graduate at the top of your class - the plot line demands that I do that, and then go on to become the best damn trial lawyer in Alachua County).

Love it.

:twisted:

horriblegb

Postby horriblegb » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:07 pm

lawduder wrote:
Threepeat wrote:
lawduder wrote:

I am still under review since 12/18, my low numbers are making it hard to patient, but that is my fault haha

spearnreel

Postby spearnreel » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:11 pm

Cupidity wrote:Unless you are a felon or something, a decision in transit at this stage of the cycle is an acceptance if you are in their range. And no, Florida doesn't YP.

A felony conviction won't discount you either.

missvik218

Postby missvik218 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:12 pm

J-tow10 wrote:Anyone who is "review pending" (aka, a silent hold) hear anything back yet? Any consensus on when they start reviewing those files again?

I had been for over a month, now in transit.

And thank you Cupidity ... I think people need to relax, I would guess this is an admit batch.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”