Page 77 of 144

Re: University of Florida

Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:22 pm
by leraa6587
ram jam wrote:
ram jam wrote:I applied last week. My status changed today to reviewed by committee - decision pending. For those that have had this status for a while: Are your numbers competitive? According to last year's cycle, those whose numbers are below auto admit numbers waited until february and march even if they had submitted their apps in september or november.

I am sure that those whose status says, "decision pending" will be in the next batch to be released. When that batch is released is indistinguishable



I was right.



you were right about what? did you get some kind of email/letter? sorry i'm a little confused since i haven't read all 76+ pgs haha

Re: University of Florida

Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:26 pm
by gatorlion
I went Reviewed by committee- Decision pending yesterday (1/14) after going complete on 1/8 (had to fax traffic infraction info).

Re: University of Florida

Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:37 pm
by SAE
rad law wrote:Decision letter in transit. Good stuff.

Did you go straight from UR to "in transit"? Or were you "decision pending" at some point?

Re: University of Florida

Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:43 pm
by ram jam
It is clear that Florida auto admits with a one to two week turn around. For those whose numbers are competitive at best will have to wait until the second batch is unloaded. Last year, the second batch was released in mid February. Auto admits were receiving acceptances throughout January. If lsat < 166 and/or gpa < 3.5... expect a decision in February. IMO. Hopefully I am wrong.

Re: University of Florida

Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:53 pm
by Grizz
SAE wrote:
rad law wrote:Decision letter in transit. Good stuff.

Did you go straight from UR to "in transit"? Or were you "decision pending" at some point?


I went straight to "in transit" with no "pending" in between.

Re: University of Florida

Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:47 pm
by SAE
rad law wrote:
SAE wrote:
rad law wrote:Decision letter in transit. Good stuff.

Did you go straight from UR to "in transit"? Or were you "decision pending" at some point?


I went straight to "in transit" with no "pending" in between.

:cry: People, WITHDRAW!!! :!:

:)

Re: University of Florida

Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:02 pm
by Grizz
SAE wrote:
rad law wrote:
SAE wrote:
rad law wrote:Decision letter in transit. Good stuff.

Did you go straight from UR to "in transit"? Or were you "decision pending" at some point?


I went straight to "in transit" with no "pending" in between.

:cry: People, WITHDRAW!!! :!:

:)


I don't even know if I'm in yet, but I'm hoping this is a pretty good sign.

Re: University of Florida

Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:47 am
by Moose Thompson
ram jam wrote:
ram jam wrote:I applied last week. My status changed today to reviewed by committee - decision pending. For those that have had this status for a while: Are your numbers competitive? According to last year's cycle, those whose numbers are below auto admit numbers waited until february and march even if they had submitted their apps in september or november.

I am sure that those whose status says, "decision pending" will be in the next batch to be released. When that batch is released is indistinguishable



I was right.



Sucks.

Re: University of Florida

Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:26 pm
by Jay-Electronica
What is the supplemental form for?? Do I need to send it to my UG. Is it basically to make sure of no misconduct at your UG?

DO they no honor the LSAC fee waiver?

Re: University of Florida

Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:53 pm
by lawduder
IDILL_E wrote:DO they no honor the LSAC fee waiver?

I think I read somewhere that even with a LSAC fee waiver, UF requires you to pay the $30 (something along the lines of "this fee cannot be waived")

Re: University of Florida

Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:38 pm
by lawhawk
They do require $30...its a state law. I had a lsac fee waiver and had to pay it. bummer

Anyways...was decision pending, retook, got a 164, now "letter in transit 1/19"

what does this mean

Re: University of Florida

Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:40 pm
by Cupidity
It took about 10 days to go from in transit to in mail box.

Re: University of Florida

Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:42 pm
by lawhawk
Cupidity wrote:It took about 10 days to go from in transit to in mail box.


does letter in transit = admit?

Re: University of Florida

Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:45 pm
by msv5010
Hawk, may I ask what your original score was? I'm still decision pending since roughly 12/17 (162, 3.33) but I sent in grades from fall semester (3.8 semester, raising cumulative to 3.4) with the hope that they would have all they needed to make a decision. I see you have a similar GPA, but if you were around my LSAT originally, I would expect to continue waiting.

Re: University of Florida

Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:46 pm
by lawhawk
msv5010 wrote:Hawk, may I ask what your original score was? I'm still decision pending since roughly 12/17 (162, 3.33) but I sent in grades from fall semester (3.8 semester, raising cumulative to 3.4) with the hope that they would have all they needed to make a decision. I see you have a similar GPA, but if you were around my LSAT originally, I would expect to continue waiting.



I had a 163, 3.52. The 1 point increase was disappointing but hopefully it will be enough.

Re: University of Florida

Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:51 pm
by msv5010
Thanks. Personally, I believe you would still be in admissions purgatory with people like me if they weren't accepting you, but again that's JMO. Good luck!

Re: University of Florida

Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:59 pm
by lawhawk
Yeah I just looked at LSN and nobody got rejected or waitlisted until March. But they usually send out their decisions in batches, is nobody else letter in transit today?

Re: University of Florida

Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:01 pm
by Grizz
I'm gonna go to the post office right now to see if my letter is there.

Re: University of Florida

Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:12 pm
by kickincane21
Mine went from committee to "decision pending" which scared me, until I found out today they sent me a snail mail (who knows why they didn't just call or email) and said they needed an explaination of where I was living and what I was doing over the last few years to establish residency.

Re: University of Florida

Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:26 pm
by Grizz
Damn. Decision is not in my PO Box. I guess partly because of no mail over MLK Day. I'll check tomorrow.

Re: University of Florida

Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:34 pm
by Moose Thompson
I'm decision pending with a 164/3.6. I have a 3.84 at UF undergrad. (I had one 2.0 semester a long time ago. Came back to school in 2006 and have maintained over a 3.8.)

At the risk of sounding cocky I assumed I would be an auto-admit. I have strong WE and strong academics. I'm hoping I get a letter asking for more information. If I'm on the waitlist after and auto-admit at UGA I will be pretty bummed.

Re: University of Florida

Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:39 pm
by SAE
Moose Thompson wrote:I'm decision pending with a 164/3.6. I have a 3.84 at UF undergrad. (I had one 2.0 semester a long time ago. Came back to school in 2006 and have maintained over a 3.8.)

At the risk of sounding cocky I assumed I would be an auto-admit. I have strong WE and strong academics. I'm hoping I get a letter asking for more information. If I'm on the waitlist after and auto-admit at UGA I will be pretty bummed.

My stats are VERY similar to yours and I'm also "decision pending". My guess is that we just missed the auto-admit criteria and are in the the next batch of acceptances waiting to be sent out.

Re: University of Florida

Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:41 pm
by SAE
kickincane21 wrote:Mine went from committee to "decision pending" which scared me, until I found out today they sent me a snail mail (who knows why they didn't just call or email) and said they needed an explaination of where I was living and what I was doing over the last few years to establish residency.

I'm pretty sure that is simply an information form to establish residency and has nothing to do with the admissions process. You're on hold. :)

Re: University of Florida

Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:46 pm
by Moose Thompson
SAE wrote:My stats are VERY similar to yours and I'm also "decision pending". My guess is that we just missed the auto-admit criteria and are in the the next batch of acceptances waiting to be sent out.



I'll go with this. :D

Re: University of Florida

Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:49 pm
by lawhawk
Moose Thompson wrote:I'm decision pending with a 164/3.6. I have a 3.84 at UF undergrad. (I had one 2.0 semester a long time ago. Came back to school in 2006 and have maintained over a 3.8.)

At the risk of sounding cocky I assumed I would be an auto-admit. I have strong WE and strong academics. I'm hoping I get a letter asking for more information. If I'm on the waitlist after and auto-admit at UGA I will be pretty bummed.



We have very similar stories and numbers (except my UG was done all at once, but same numbers almost to the hundredth decimal).

I wish there were more letters in transit 1/19 to give me some assurance haha.