University of Florida

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
missvik218

Re: University of Florida

Postby missvik218 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:43 am

dms87 wrote:
missvik218 wrote:
dms87 wrote:I have the identical situation. This is pissing me off. I don't mind if they couldn't get the letters out until now....but don't say "decision in transit".

Btw, stats if you don't mind? I've heard some people say the early ones are auto-admits: my numbers would seem to fit the bill, but I can't help but be anxious (171/3.75).

Are you kidding?! Those are definitely auto admit numbers at UF. I hope you applied to most of the T14 as well.

Thanks. It's mostly the now 10-day wait that is making me nervous. I'm also going to stay with my fiancee, who is going to dental school, and UF is one of the schools she got into. So, I certainly hope that it's trivial; however, this decision is very important to me.

Haha, well I can't say for certain - I'm not a UF ad comm ... but all signs point to DON'T FRET! Are you in-state?! I had a friend last cycle with similar numbers, he was in easily with a close to $30,000 scholly which is basically full tuition if you're in state.

philosoraptor

Postby philosoraptor » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:18 pm

I was awoken this morning by a fleet of trucks trying desperately to clear several inches of soggy, disgusting snow from the roads outside my apartment. It made me hope all the harder that the mysterious UF decision in transit is my ticket back home.

I wonder how hard it will be to convince them that I'm still a Floridian at heart and that they should let me pay in-state tuition. I was a legal resident for my entire life before I took an out-of-state job last fall, and I still have my Florida drivers license and voter registration (and my parents are still there).

Based on other folks' dealings with the administration, though, I'm not holding my breath. Anybody here know expats (so to speak) who have had success solving residency problems at UF?

dms87

Postby dms87 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:48 pm

missvik218 wrote:
dms87 wrote:
missvik218 wrote:
dms87 wrote:I have the identical situation. This is pissing me off. I don't mind if they couldn't get the letters out until now....but don't say "decision in transit".

Btw, stats if you don't mind? I've heard some people say the early ones are auto-admits: my numbers would seem to fit the bill, but I can't help but be anxious (171/3.75).

Are you kidding?! Those are definitely auto admit numbers at UF. I hope you applied to most of the T14 as well.

Thanks. It's mostly the now 10-day wait that is making me nervous. I'm also going to stay with my fiancee, who is going to dental school, and UF is one of the schools she got into. So, I certainly hope that it's trivial; however, this decision is very important to me.

Haha, well I can't say for certain - I'm not a UF ad comm ... but all signs point to DON'T FRET! Are you in-state?! I had a friend last cycle with similar numbers, he was in easily with a close to $30,000 scholly which is basically full tuition if you're in state.

We are both in-state. They give a nice discount for dental students, too.
Where are you from?
I hope you're right!

Kojack

Postby Kojack » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:10 pm

In at UF via snail mail. 11/9

missvik218

Postby missvik218 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:17 pm

dms87 wrote:We are both in-state. They give a nice discount for dental students, too.
Where are you from?
I hope you're right!

I'm from Pennsylvania, but I have lived in South Florida for the last 2 years.

dms87

Postby dms87 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:22 pm

missvik218 wrote:
dms87 wrote:We are both in-state. They give a nice discount for dental students, too.
Where are you from?
I hope you're right!

So any chance you get in-state tuition?
I'm in Broward County, btw. Graduated in May from UM.

missvik218

Postby missvik218 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:25 pm

dms87 wrote:
missvik218 wrote:
Where are you from?
I hope you're right!

Yep! I've officially been a resident for about a year now (just making the cut off!!) with drivers license, car registration, registered voter, taxes, the whole deal. I also live in Broward .. and graduated from UM in the summer of 2008. :D

dms87

Postby dms87 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:28 pm

Kojack wrote:In at UF via snail mail. 11/9

Congrats!

Kojack

Postby Kojack » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:49 pm

missvik218 wrote:
dms87 wrote:
missvik218 wrote:
Where are you from?
I hope you're right!

Yep! I've officially been a resident for about a year now (just making the cut off!!) with drivers license, car registration, registered voter, taxes, the whole deal. I also live in Broward .. and graduated from UM in the summer of 2008. :D

I graduate from UM in spring. Lots of canes in this forum.

dms87

Postby dms87 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:53 pm

Represent :mrgreen:
I know it's cheesy but:

C-A-N-E-S CANES!!!

Oh, and I wanna gradulate the gator.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgbBP9Em00A

Kojack

Postby Kojack » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:58 pm

dms87 wrote:Represent :mrgreen:
I know it's cheesy but:

C-A-N-E-S CANES!!!

Now I have to pick between being a Cane, Nole, or Gator. Feels like high school.

dms87

Postby dms87 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:01 pm

Kojack wrote:
dms87 wrote:Represent :mrgreen:
I know it's cheesy but:

C-A-N-E-S CANES!!!

Now I have to pick between being a Cane, Nole, or Gator. Feels like high school.

hahahahahaha. Nice.

dms87

Postby dms87 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:08 pm

In via snail mail!

Now I know we're at least going to Gainesville together next year!

Kojack

Postby Kojack » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:30 pm

dms87 wrote:In via snail mail!

Now I know we're at least going to Gainesville together next year!

Congratulations!

philosoraptor

Postby philosoraptor » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:14 pm

In, first acceptance. Maybe it's a good sign they sent the packet to my "permanent" address in Florida. Now they just need to pull through with some ca$h money ... :)

Chelios

Postby Chelios » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:16 pm

In! Got the letter today!

Decision Rendered at FSU Dec 2, UMiami Dec 3, and UFL Dec 4 :D

Now waiting for some out-of state stuff :D

pearl_earrings

Postby pearl_earrings » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:45 pm

WiretoWire09UF wrote:congratz Pearl_earrings, :D

I'm in too! got my envelope today

Thanks! And right back at you!
I'm guessing you're at UF for undergrad and want to stay?

Postby 02092010 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:32 am

I finished my application today. I was just curious for those who had been admitted what y'all's numbers were?

Also, did anyone else have to send in the app fee via snail mail? What did you do just send a check and a note that said for Mr. Ron Burgundy (or whatever your name may be)?

WiretoWire09UF

Postby WiretoWire09UF » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:37 am

yeah I'm here for undergrad... not sure if I want to stay but it's always nice to keep warm weather options open, especially at that price.

I love gainesville, anyone with any questions about campus, the town, or the law school feel free to PM or ask :D

ShiftyPig

Postby ShiftyPig » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:48 am

WiretoWire09UF wrote:yeah I'm here for undergrad... not sure if I want to stay but it's always nice to keep warm weather options open, especially at that price.

I love gainesville, anyone with any questions about campus, the town, or the law school feel free to PM or ask :D

Like... what it's like to study in our library?

Undergrads Image

WiretoWire09UF

Postby WiretoWire09UF » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:56 am

:mrgreen: , I've actually never stepped foot in the law library, I know someone who works there and she says the law students get pissed at undergrads....I would be pissed if I went to law school there too.

I have been to the law school building and inside classrooms there, I've seen the law library from outside through the large windows and such...it seems very nice.

However, they are currently building a very large "study area" building for undergrad students (actually renovating an older building) through stimulus money to help alleviate some of the library traffic. It's supposed to be finished next fall and is in a much more central location than the law school's library so hopefully that won't be a problem next year.

UFPilot

Postby UFPilot » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:05 pm

I'm in undergrad here. I study in the law library all the time...most undergrads are quiet, and during finals week they restrict undergrads from entering certain parts of the law library.

UF Law is a great school. I'd love to stay, but my numbers aren't good enough to get me in...

beesknees

Postby beesknees » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:12 pm

I just got an acceptance letter from UF without having completed my app with the supplementary forms or paying the $30 app fee. Wish the rest of the my admissions cycle would go this easily!

pearl_earrings

Postby pearl_earrings » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:50 pm

WiretoWire09UF wrote:yeah I'm here for undergrad... not sure if I want to stay but it's always nice to keep warm weather options open, especially at that price.

Agreed on the warm weather...
My city just got our first blast of winter. I hate snow :(

Kojack

Postby Kojack » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:53 pm

pearl_earrings wrote:

Agreed on the warm weather...
My city just got our first blast of winter. I hate snow :(

Iv never seen snow. Maybe I should get used to the idea of cold considering I just got into a school in the northeast...

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”