University of Florida

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
WiretoWire09UF

Re: University of Florida

Postby WiretoWire09UF » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:51 pm

any chance they'll send out scholarship info with initial letters?

outofFL

Postby outofFL » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:04 am

Dear UF,

You are my safest of safeties, and yet you are requiring a disproportionate amount of effort to complete my app. You are making me send you a copy of a speeding ticket that I may or may not be able to locate. You won't accept my payment for the app fee on LSAC, though every other one of my 15 schools would. Your website sucks. Your supplementary forms that you require me to fill out are poorly designed and don't function properly (ie not providing the state and zip code boxes that are necessary to submit). And you require not only my mom's driver's license, but also vehicle registration and voter registration card? She's torn up half of the house looking for the latter.

So, is this incredibly whiney? Yes. But does this change the fact that the Gators suck and I probably wouldn't want to live in the swamp for three years even if it was my best and only choice (which its not)? No.

Sincerely,
outofFL

DallasCowboy

Postby DallasCowboy » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:09 am

I paid about 2 weeks ago, and still no status checker?????

ShiftyPig

Postby ShiftyPig » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:13 am

outofFL wrote:You are making me send you a copy of a speeding ticket that I may or may not be able to locate.

You'll need to learn to file things eventually.

outofFL wrote:Your website sucks. Your supplementary forms that you require me to fill out are poorly designed and don't function properly (ie not providing the state and zip code boxes that are necessary to submit).

Correction: your Internet browser sucks.

outofFL wrote:And you require not only my mom's driver's license, but also vehicle registration and voter registration card? She's torn up half of the house looking for the latter.

Call the supervisor of elections and have a new one mailed.
/problem
Wouldn't be a problem if you weren't still leeching off the parents.

Sounds to me that UF will be better off without you, tbh.

isaiah6v8

Postby isaiah6v8 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:47 am

"decision pending" no decision letter in transit. It kind of feels like a waitlist to me. Congrats to those with the letter in transit. I knew UF was a stretch for me with my poor GPA, though I don't feel out of it by any means, I would have liked to have been in that first batch. They would have probably had my seat deposit the next day.

Cupidity

Postby Cupidity » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:53 am

I concur with the above rant.

For real.

UF, you are lucky i'm dating someone at your campus and I'd only have to pay in-state. I started writing off schools when I left the T-30, what makes your 50 so special as to warrant 45 minutes of my time and 30 of my parents'?

166, 3.87 --drool over me, ok? I crush your seventy-fifth percentile range.

I expect an apology with your acceptance letter.

Cupidity

Postby Cupidity » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:56 am

Oh, and PS:

WTF is with the status check specs inconsitent with all other schools? I need to write down a special username/pass for you guys instead of sticking with the same one that works EVERYWHERE ELSE?!?!?!

Cupidity

Postby Cupidity » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:59 am

"Decision letter in transit"

Ok UF, I forgive you.

<3 <3 <3

lawhawk

Postby lawhawk » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:20 am

Anybody "decision letter in transit" not pay the $30?

I was hoping to cheat the system when I saw that I was "under review" without paying. Oh well, stupid me.

tilghmab

Postby tilghmab » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:51 pm

Just spoke to the admissions office - the decision letter(s) "in transit" are actually still being processed and have yet to be mailed. Also, merit scholarship information will be included in the same mailing.

Good luck to all.

Kojack

Postby Kojack » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:02 pm

tilghmab wrote:Just spoke to the admissions office - the decision letter(s) "in transit" are actually still being processed and have yet to be mailed. Also, merit scholarship information will be included in the same mailing.

Good luck to all.

Thanks for the info. My mailbox stalking will go back to normal levels.

missvik218

Postby missvik218 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:07 pm

Someone probably answered this already but I don't feel like sifting through 70 pages, do you just send the check to the admissions office? Or will you get an email or something when your file goes complete with better directions? What the hell is going on with this school?

Luis Gomez

Postby Luis Gomez » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:12 pm

UF is finally sending my letter. I belive an automated e-mail informing of the status change would have been nice.

FSU already called me twice and told me I will eventually receive a scholarship. Anyway if I am admitted and the $ info comes along, it will be worth the long wait.

Cupidity

Postby Cupidity » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:18 pm

missvik218 wrote:Someone probably answered this already but I don't feel like sifting through 70 pages, do you just send the check to the admissions office? Or will you get an email or something when your file goes complete with better directions? What the hell is going on with this school?

When it goes complete, you recieve a link in an email. The link directs you to their website, where you can pay the fee directly through credit card. I imagine LSAC probably charges the schools a 5$ fee of something when you pay through them, and UF with its 30$ fee would take a bigger hit than other schools, and so collects it directly.

Be aware, if you are a Florida resident, and want to prove it, you will need to at this point. You will need voters registration, vehicle registration and drivers lisence information for you, or if you are a dependant a parent.

It took me about 2 days to get it all, so you may want to start now.

missvik218

Postby missvik218 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:46 pm

Cupidity wrote:
missvik218 wrote:Someone probably answered this already but I don't feel like sifting through 70 pages, do you just send the check to the admissions office? Or will you get an email or something when your file goes complete with better directions? What the hell is going on with this school?

When it goes complete, you recieve a link in an email. The link directs you to their website, where you can pay the fee directly through credit card. I imagine LSAC probably charges the schools a 5$ fee of something when you pay through them, and UF with its 30$ fee would take a bigger hit than other schools, and so collects it directly.

Be aware, if you are a Florida resident, and want to prove it, you will need to at this point. You will need voters registration, vehicle registration and drivers lisence information for you, or if you are a dependant a parent.

It took me about 2 days to get it all, so you may want to start now.

Wow, great to know. Thank you!

starrydecisus

Postby starrydecisus » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:44 am

outofFL wrote:Dear UF,

You are my safest of safeties, and yet you are requiring a disproportionate amount of effort to complete my app. You are making me send you a copy of a speeding ticket that I may or may not be able to locate. You won't accept my payment for the app fee on LSAC, though every other one of my 15 schools would. Your website sucks. Your supplementary forms that you require me to fill out are poorly designed and don't function properly (ie not providing the state and zip code boxes that are necessary to submit). And you require not only my mom's driver's license, but also vehicle registration and voter registration card? She's torn up half of the house looking for the latter.

So, is this incredibly whiney? Yes. But does this change the fact that the Gators suck and I probably wouldn't want to live in the swamp for three years even if it was my best and only choice (which its not)? No.

Sincerely,
outofFL

hahahaha

samer

Postby samer » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:22 pm

Anyone have "Reviewed by committee; decision pending" as their status?

GATORTIM

Postby GATORTIM » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:32 pm

outofFL wrote:Dear UF,

Sincerely,
outofFL

Whiney? Yes. Funny? No.

People like this and cupidity make correspondence study of law much more appealing.

Chelios

Postby Chelios » Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:16 pm

samer wrote:Anyone have "Reviewed by committee; decision pending" as their status?

I had that last week, before it switched to "in transit." It's been in transit for a while now...

isaiah6v8

Postby isaiah6v8 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:16 pm

samer wrote:Anyone have "Reviewed by committee; decision pending" as their status?

yes, a few of us have that. We think we are being held, they will run us against incoming applicants. I knew I was unlikely to be an auto-admit.

GetYaPopcornReady

Postby GetYaPopcornReady » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:28 am

I have it too... but it's nice to see someones changed from pending to in transit

isaiah6v8

Postby isaiah6v8 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:31 am

Chelios wrote:

I had that last week, before it switched to "in transit." It's been in transit for a while now...

how long were you pending? And what are your numbers, if you don't mind?

mikeh915

Postby mikeh915 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:54 pm

I talked to the Admissions department today. The letters apparently were sent Thursday or Friday of last week and they have not offered any scholarships. At least this is what they told me, but they are by far the most standoffish and condescending admissions department I have ever dealt with, so it wouldn't surprise me if they were lying or uninformed.

whuts4lunch

Postby whuts4lunch » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:20 pm

under review 11/24 here

Kojack

Postby Kojack » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:22 pm

mikeh915 wrote:I talked to the Admissions department today. The letters apparently were sent Thursday or Friday of last week and they have not offered any scholarships. At least this is what they told me, but they are by far the most standoffish and condescending admissions department I have ever dealt with, so it wouldn't surprise me if they were lying or uninformed.

+1

The lady i just spoke with was very rude.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”