University of Florida

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
WiretoWire09UF
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:02 am

Re: University of Florida

Postby WiretoWire09UF » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:51 pm

any chance they'll send out scholarship info with initial letters?

User avatar
outofFL
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:54 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby outofFL » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:04 am

Dear UF,

You are my safest of safeties, and yet you are requiring a disproportionate amount of effort to complete my app. You are making me send you a copy of a speeding ticket that I may or may not be able to locate. You won't accept my payment for the app fee on LSAC, though every other one of my 15 schools would. Your website sucks. Your supplementary forms that you require me to fill out are poorly designed and don't function properly (ie not providing the state and zip code boxes that are necessary to submit). And you require not only my mom's driver's license, but also vehicle registration and voter registration card? She's torn up half of the house looking for the latter.

So, is this incredibly whiney? Yes. But does this change the fact that the Gators suck and I probably wouldn't want to live in the swamp for three years even if it was my best and only choice (which its not)? No.

Sincerely,
outofFL

User avatar
DallasCowboy
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:47 am

Re: University of Florida

Postby DallasCowboy » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:09 am

I paid about 2 weeks ago, and still no status checker?????

ShiftyPig
Posts: 126
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:18 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby ShiftyPig » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:13 am

outofFL wrote:You are making me send you a copy of a speeding ticket that I may or may not be able to locate.


You'll need to learn to file things eventually.

outofFL wrote:Your website sucks. Your supplementary forms that you require me to fill out are poorly designed and don't function properly (ie not providing the state and zip code boxes that are necessary to submit).


Correction: your Internet browser sucks.

outofFL wrote:And you require not only my mom's driver's license, but also vehicle registration and voter registration card? She's torn up half of the house looking for the latter.


Call the supervisor of elections and have a new one mailed.
/problem
Wouldn't be a problem if you weren't still leeching off the parents.

Sounds to me that UF will be better off without you, tbh.

isaiah6v8
Posts: 367
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:02 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby isaiah6v8 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:47 am

"decision pending" no decision letter in transit. It kind of feels like a waitlist to me. Congrats to those with the letter in transit. I knew UF was a stretch for me with my poor GPA, though I don't feel out of it by any means, I would have liked to have been in that first batch. They would have probably had my seat deposit the next day.

User avatar
Cupidity
Posts: 2214
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby Cupidity » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:53 am

I concur with the above rant.

For real.

UF, you are lucky i'm dating someone at your campus and I'd only have to pay in-state. I started writing off schools when I left the T-30, what makes your 50 so special as to warrant 45 minutes of my time and 30 of my parents'?

166, 3.87 --drool over me, ok? I crush your seventy-fifth percentile range.

I expect an apology with your acceptance letter.

User avatar
Cupidity
Posts: 2214
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby Cupidity » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:56 am

Oh, and PS:

WTF is with the status check specs inconsitent with all other schools? I need to write down a special username/pass for you guys instead of sticking with the same one that works EVERYWHERE ELSE?!?!?!

User avatar
Cupidity
Posts: 2214
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby Cupidity » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:59 am

"Decision letter in transit"

Ok UF, I forgive you.

<3 <3 <3

lawhawk
Posts: 271
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby lawhawk » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:20 am

Anybody "decision letter in transit" not pay the $30?

I was hoping to cheat the system when I saw that I was "under review" without paying. Oh well, stupid me.

tilghmab
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:25 am

Re: University of Florida

Postby tilghmab » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:51 pm

Just spoke to the admissions office - the decision letter(s) "in transit" are actually still being processed and have yet to be mailed. Also, merit scholarship information will be included in the same mailing.

Good luck to all.

User avatar
Kojack
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:32 am

Re: University of Florida

Postby Kojack » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:02 pm

tilghmab wrote:Just spoke to the admissions office - the decision letter(s) "in transit" are actually still being processed and have yet to be mailed. Also, merit scholarship information will be included in the same mailing.

Good luck to all.


Thanks for the info. My mailbox stalking will go back to normal levels.

User avatar
missvik218
Posts: 1103
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:45 am

Re: University of Florida

Postby missvik218 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:07 pm

Someone probably answered this already but I don't feel like sifting through 70 pages, do you just send the check to the admissions office? Or will you get an email or something when your file goes complete with better directions? What the hell is going on with this school?

User avatar
Luis Gomez
Posts: 429
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:22 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby Luis Gomez » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:12 pm

UF is finally sending my letter. I belive an automated e-mail informing of the status change would have been nice.

FSU already called me twice and told me I will eventually receive a scholarship. Anyway if I am admitted and the $ info comes along, it will be worth the long wait.

User avatar
Cupidity
Posts: 2214
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby Cupidity » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:18 pm

missvik218 wrote:Someone probably answered this already but I don't feel like sifting through 70 pages, do you just send the check to the admissions office? Or will you get an email or something when your file goes complete with better directions? What the hell is going on with this school?


When it goes complete, you recieve a link in an email. The link directs you to their website, where you can pay the fee directly through credit card. I imagine LSAC probably charges the schools a 5$ fee of something when you pay through them, and UF with its 30$ fee would take a bigger hit than other schools, and so collects it directly.

Be aware, if you are a Florida resident, and want to prove it, you will need to at this point. You will need voters registration, vehicle registration and drivers lisence information for you, or if you are a dependant a parent.

It took me about 2 days to get it all, so you may want to start now.

User avatar
missvik218
Posts: 1103
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:45 am

Re: University of Florida

Postby missvik218 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:46 pm

Cupidity wrote:
missvik218 wrote:Someone probably answered this already but I don't feel like sifting through 70 pages, do you just send the check to the admissions office? Or will you get an email or something when your file goes complete with better directions? What the hell is going on with this school?


When it goes complete, you recieve a link in an email. The link directs you to their website, where you can pay the fee directly through credit card. I imagine LSAC probably charges the schools a 5$ fee of something when you pay through them, and UF with its 30$ fee would take a bigger hit than other schools, and so collects it directly.

Be aware, if you are a Florida resident, and want to prove it, you will need to at this point. You will need voters registration, vehicle registration and drivers lisence information for you, or if you are a dependant a parent.

It took me about 2 days to get it all, so you may want to start now.

Wow, great to know. Thank you!

User avatar
starrydecisus
Posts: 547
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:31 am

Re: University of Florida

Postby starrydecisus » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:44 am

outofFL wrote:Dear UF,

You are my safest of safeties, and yet you are requiring a disproportionate amount of effort to complete my app. You are making me send you a copy of a speeding ticket that I may or may not be able to locate. You won't accept my payment for the app fee on LSAC, though every other one of my 15 schools would. Your website sucks. Your supplementary forms that you require me to fill out are poorly designed and don't function properly (ie not providing the state and zip code boxes that are necessary to submit). And you require not only my mom's driver's license, but also vehicle registration and voter registration card? She's torn up half of the house looking for the latter.

So, is this incredibly whiney? Yes. But does this change the fact that the Gators suck and I probably wouldn't want to live in the swamp for three years even if it was my best and only choice (which its not)? No.

Sincerely,
outofFL



hahahaha

User avatar
samer
Posts: 175
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:59 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby samer » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:22 pm

Anyone have "Reviewed by committee; decision pending" as their status?

User avatar
GATORTIM
Posts: 1214
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:51 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby GATORTIM » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:32 pm

outofFL wrote:Dear UF,

You are my safest of safeties, and yet you are requiring a disproportionate amount of effort to complete my app. You are making me send you a copy of a speeding ticket that I may or may not be able to locate. You won't accept my payment for the app fee on LSAC, though every other one of my 15 schools would. Your website sucks. Your supplementary forms that you require me to fill out are poorly designed and don't function properly (ie not providing the state and zip code boxes that are necessary to submit). And you require not only my mom's driver's license, but also vehicle registration and voter registration card? She's torn up half of the house looking for the latter.

So, is this incredibly whiney? Yes. But does this change the fact that the Gators suck and I probably wouldn't want to live in the swamp for three years even if it was my best and only choice (which its not)? No.

Sincerely,
outofFL


Whiney? Yes. Funny? No.

People like this and cupidity make correspondence study of law much more appealing.

User avatar
Chelios
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:04 am

Re: University of Florida

Postby Chelios » Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:16 pm

samer wrote:Anyone have "Reviewed by committee; decision pending" as their status?


I had that last week, before it switched to "in transit." It's been in transit for a while now...

isaiah6v8
Posts: 367
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:02 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby isaiah6v8 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:16 pm

samer wrote:Anyone have "Reviewed by committee; decision pending" as their status?

yes, a few of us have that. We think we are being held, they will run us against incoming applicants. I knew I was unlikely to be an auto-admit.

User avatar
GetYaPopcornReady
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:04 am

Re: University of Florida

Postby GetYaPopcornReady » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:28 am

I have it too... but it's nice to see someones changed from pending to in transit

isaiah6v8
Posts: 367
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:02 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby isaiah6v8 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:31 am

Chelios wrote:
samer wrote:Anyone have "Reviewed by committee; decision pending" as their status?


I had that last week, before it switched to "in transit." It's been in transit for a while now...


how long were you pending? And what are your numbers, if you don't mind?

mikeh915
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:10 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby mikeh915 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:54 pm

I talked to the Admissions department today. The letters apparently were sent Thursday or Friday of last week and they have not offered any scholarships. At least this is what they told me, but they are by far the most standoffish and condescending admissions department I have ever dealt with, so it wouldn't surprise me if they were lying or uninformed.

User avatar
whuts4lunch
Posts: 391
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:54 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby whuts4lunch » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:20 pm

under review 11/24 here

User avatar
Kojack
Posts: 73
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:32 am

Re: University of Florida

Postby Kojack » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:22 pm

mikeh915 wrote:I talked to the Admissions department today. The letters apparently were sent Thursday or Friday of last week and they have not offered any scholarships. At least this is what they told me, but they are by far the most standoffish and condescending admissions department I have ever dealt with, so it wouldn't surprise me if they were lying or uninformed.


+1

The lady i just spoke with was very rude.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], lawlawland16, MSNbot Media, pizzagoblin, proteinshake and 14 guests