University of Florida

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
invictus

Re: University of Florida

Postby invictus » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:48 pm

Did anyone else get an "accepted students newsletter" lately? I have, but haven't received any word by mail. My online status has said "decision letter in transit" for well over a week now. I suppose it's a good sign, but I'm real nervous and I don't want to get myself excited just to let myself down...

tempurabanana

Postby tempurabanana » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:39 pm

invictus wrote:Did anyone else get an "accepted students newsletter" lately? I have, but haven't received any word by mail. My online status has said "decision letter in transit" for well over a week now. I suppose it's a good sign, but I'm real nervous and I don't want to get myself excited just to let myself down...

I'm 99.98% positive that you're in, barring some horrible glitch with their computer system. I had the same thing happen to me - got the UF Admitted Students Newsletter before I actually received my acceptance package. I was hesitant to tell anyone I'd gotten in for fear of the email being a mistake :P

But assuming I'm not jinxing you...congratulations!

lilquibo

Postby lilquibo » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:29 pm

invictus wrote:Did anyone else get an "accepted students newsletter" lately? I have, but haven't received any word by mail. My online status has said "decision letter in transit" for well over a week now. I suppose it's a good sign, but I'm real nervous and I don't want to get myself excited just to let myself down...

I'm not trying to get your hopes up but the same thing happened to me last year. I got an admitted students newsletter about a week before my acceptance. If its any consolation, UF was one of my stretches. Good Luck but you probably don't need it at this point.

apere054

Postby apere054 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:02 am

Well I just withdrew from UF, so hopefully this will help one of you guys out. :D

uncle mike

Postby uncle mike » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:16 am

I'm on waitlist.

When are first deposits due?

green918

Postby green918 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:18 am

Withdrew today. Good luck to everyone =)

lrw05d

Postby lrw05d » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:32 am

has anyone heard anything about $ recently?

grobbelski

Postby grobbelski » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:42 am

Similar situation, I got a prospective students newsletter for students in the secondary pool. Which I assume to mean I am on the waitlist. But, like you I haven't rec'd anything concrete in the mail. Can anyone here verify for me that this does in fact mean I am on the waitlist?

congrats on your acceptance though!

dml

Postby dml » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:18 pm

grobbelski wrote:

Similar situation, I got a prospective students newsletter for students in the secondary pool. Which I assume to mean I am on the waitlist. But, like you I haven't rec'd anything concrete in the mail. Can anyone here verify for me that this does in fact mean I am on the waitlist?

congrats on your acceptance though!

i got that, too, but i hadn't gone complete yet, so i'm pretty sure it just means you sent in an application. there wasn't really any information specific to the waitlist on it, just some info on the app review process.

invictus

Postby invictus » Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:13 pm

Thanks for the congratulations, everybody, though I'm STILL waiting for a letter in the mail...I'll probably call them on Monday if I get the chance. Got an invitation to ASW, so that's a good sign.

sterrj

Postby sterrj » Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:44 pm

Okay - how long did it take you all to get a response after your status went from "all docs received" to "under review by committee"? ARGH I HATE WAITING...

cdingman

Postby cdingman » Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:25 pm

sterrj wrote:Okay - how long did it take you all to get a response after your status went from "all docs received" to "under review by committee"? ARGH I HATE WAITING...

It just kind of depends, this late in the cycle they should start to review it pretty soon.

sterrj

Postby sterrj » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:21 pm

another annoying question...

I've been "under review by committee" since April 6, and I don't know when it happened, but under fees it now says "seat deposit due" instead of "application fee." Does this happen just when you go under review?

J-Money

Postby J-Money » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:21 pm

So I was put on the wait list at UF a couple weeks ago, and recently sent in an LOCI. I called them today inquiring about whether I should send in an updated transcript now with last fall's grades (when I applied only my grades through spring of jr. year were available), or if I can just wait til I graduate in May so they can get both semesters' (saving me having to pay for two transcript requests at my undergrad, one now and one in about 5 weeks).

Their response was that they only accept LOCIs and updated resumes, and will not look at updated transcripts. While this actually works to my advantage, both academically and financially, I found this odd.

Has anyone else run into this at other schools?

lrw05d

Postby lrw05d » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:57 am

submitted my seat deposit the other day, hope to see you guys there in the fall! :)

invictus

Postby invictus » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:40 pm

IM IN!!! Thanks for the words of encouragement, everybody!

lrw05d wrote:submitted my seat deposit the other day, hope to see you guys there in the fall! :)

Are you going to the ASD?

tknlacrosse

Postby tknlacrosse » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:42 pm

J-Money wrote:So I was put on the wait list at UF a couple weeks ago, and recently sent in an LOCI. I called them today inquiring about whether I should send in an updated transcript now with last fall's grades (when I applied only my grades through spring of jr. year were available), or if I can just wait til I graduate in May so they can get both semesters' (saving me having to pay for two transcript requests at my undergrad, one now and one in about 5 weeks).

Their response was that they only accept LOCIs and updated resumes, and will not look at updated transcripts. While this actually works to my advantage, both academically and financially, I found this odd.

Has anyone else run into this at other schools?

That is odd.... I think someone earlier on this thread said they called and UF told them they don't accept ANY supplemental materials from WL candidates. Maybe it was all a mind game so his competition doesn't send anything in! I'm sending a LOCI regardless. Just waiting for the end-of-the-year awards to start coming in so I can talk myself up as much as possible. Hooray law school!

sterrj

Postby sterrj » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:30 pm

invictus wrote:IM IN!!! Thanks for the words of encouragement, everybody!

lrw05d wrote:submitted my seat deposit the other day, hope to see you guys there in the fall! :)

did you JUST get your package in the mail? I thought I saw that you got your "decision in transit" like over 2 weeks ago!

Denny_Crane

Postby Denny_Crane » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:47 pm

nychopeful wrote:
unfgolfer14 wrote:
nychopeful wrote:Rejected... DIT 3/24

But got a $75,000 scholarship to a not so great school... considering taking it just to reduce debt.

Is this a good idea??

what school?

... Golden Gate University .... The more i'm researching it, the more I'm thinking hell no... I applied because of a fee waiver and then got this letter in the mail today.

What do you think... will it matter If I go to an 82 ranked school versus one out of the top 100?

Don't go to Golden Gate.

invictus

Postby invictus » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:04 pm

sterrj wrote:

did you JUST get your package in the mail? I thought I saw that you got your "decision in transit" like over 2 weeks ago!

True that, apparently they had the wrong apartment number on file for me, so the original package never reached me. Had to call to get that cleared up. Better late than never though!

lrw05d

Postby lrw05d » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:21 pm

Congrats!! No, I went to the one earlier this year, but it was great, you should go. It's definitely what convinced me to attend (and it was a tough sell, I'm a nole fan!) I'm actually going to gville tonight to go apartment hunting this weekend! Woo! :)

kevin_m1221

Postby kevin_m1221 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:50 am

I'm trying to decide between UF and some another one or two schools. Can we maybe switch the focus to discussing the pro's and con's of UF?

What convinces you that UF is the best choice?

Is there any possibility of UF rising in the rankings?

Why are the starting salary statistics so low?

Thanks!

lrw05d

Postby lrw05d » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:18 pm

Im no longer going to be attending, Im staying with my undergrad, FSU. It really came down to being more comfortable here in Tallahassee. Good luck to everyone who will be attending and who are still waiting!

LSATfromNC

Postby LSATfromNC » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:01 pm

lrw05d wrote:Im no longer going to be attending, Im staying with my undergrad, FSU. It really came down to being more comfortable here in Tallahassee. Good luck to everyone who will be attending and who are still waiting!

Did the new rankings have anything to do with your decision :wink:

lrw05d

Postby lrw05d » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:19 pm

LSATfromNC wrote:
lrw05d wrote:Im no longer going to be attending, Im staying with my undergrad, FSU. It really came down to being more comfortable here in Tallahassee. Good luck to everyone who will be attending and who are still waiting!

Did the new rankings have anything to do with your decision :wink:

not at all, actually. i think both schools will continue to climb in the rankings in the future (particularly UF, by cutting its entering class size), besides, i probably wouldnt base my decision on the fall of a few spots. like i said, it came down to where i felt i would be most happy and do well. :)

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”