University of Florida

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
hopeforthebest

Re: University of Florida

Postby hopeforthebest » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:05 am

savanna wrote:
hopeforthebest wrote:"Decision in Transit" as of this morning. PLEASE, PLEASE be a waitlist!!!! (Since we know acceptances are out of the question).

Yay for you! I now how frustrated you were getting. I wonder if midrangejumper is dit,too.

haha, yeah, it was TORTUROUS watching everyone else go to "Decision in Transit" yesterday when I was still stuck at "Decision Pending".

midrangejumper

Postby midrangejumper » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:04 pm

savanna wrote:
hopeforthebest wrote:"Decision in Transit" as of this morning. PLEASE, PLEASE be a waitlist!!!! (Since we know acceptances are out of the question).

Yay for you! I now how frustrated you were getting. I wonder if midrangejumper is dit,too.

:lol: decision letter in transit 3/24 as well...hoping for a WL not a rejection :oops:

savanna

Postby savanna » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:07 pm

I too am hoping for WL and not a rejection, obviously...butttttt the fact that someone called yesterday, and they said only FIVE people got off the waitlist last year :shock: ..doesn't make me feel very hopeful unfortunately.

midrangejumper

Postby midrangejumper » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:10 pm

savanna wrote:I too am hoping for WL and not a rejection, obviously...butttttt the fact that someone called yesterday, and they said only FIVE people got off the waitlist last year :shock: ..doesn't make me feel very hopeful unfortunately.

holy mother of god hahaha. and with allowing LESS people in their 1L class this year too? :oops: :oops: double red and sad looks like crying but labeled "oops" faces are in order

savanna

Postby savanna » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:12 pm

midrangejumper wrote:
savanna wrote:I too am hoping for WL and not a rejection, obviously...butttttt the fact that someone called yesterday, and they said only FIVE people got off the waitlist last year :shock: ..doesn't make me feel very hopeful unfortunately.

holy mother of god hahaha. and with allowing LESS people in their 1L class this year too? :oops: :oops: double red and sad looks like crying but labeled "oops" faces are in order

Ahahahaa.... I've always thought the same thing about the "oops" face. Where do you plan on going if UF doesn't work out?

Stetson's looking better & better to me...

midrangejumper

Postby midrangejumper » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:16 pm

savanna wrote:
midrangejumper wrote:

Ahahahaa.... I've always thought the same thing about the "oops" face. Where do you plan on going if UF doesn't work out?

well, assuming FSU rejects me as well, most likely miami. i really want to live/practice in florida the rest of my life, so obviously attending the best school i can get into IN florida is my best option.

stetson is AWESOME. honestly. i got in there too, and the campus is so beautiful and i love the location. wouldn't be a bad option that's for sure!

savanna

Postby savanna » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:20 pm

midrangejumper wrote:
savanna wrote:
midrangejumper wrote:

well, assuming FSU rejects me as well, most likely miami. i really want to live/practice in florida the rest of my life, so obviously attending the best school i can get into IN florida is my best option.

stetson is AWESOME. honestly. i got in there too, and the campus is so beautiful and i love the location. wouldn't be a bad option that's for sure!

I heard that UF and FSU skim the top 10% of Stetson 1L'S at the end of the year. I might start at Stetson, hope like hell I can get in the top 10%, and transfer out. Because without any $$$ from Stetson, I simply cannot rack up as much debt as I would in three years there.

midrangejumper

Postby midrangejumper » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:23 pm

i THINK that these next batch of "decision in transit" 's are going to be WL's. looking at LSN (i know not always accurate) but it looks like almost all of UF's rejections came in early march, while the WL's have come within the last 4-5 days. this COULD be the next batch of rejections obviously, but ya. :|

dslslave

Postby dslslave » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:28 pm

Got my WL letter today too, 3/20 DIT batch. FUCKKKKKKKKKKK! Was really hoping for this and it sucks to deliver news of a non-acceptance to friends and family. My last options are Nova Southeastern ($$) or Miami w/ no scholarship. I live approximately 15m from Nova and I think I am going to choose it over Miami for practical purposes. Kinda nervous about job prospects though.

midrangejumper

Postby midrangejumper » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:35 pm

other than me and hope, who else is in the 3/24 DIT batch?

savanna

Postby savanna » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:41 pm

midrangejumper wrote:i THINK that these next batch of "decision in transit" 's are going to be WL's. looking at LSN (i know not always accurate) but it looks like almost all of UF's rejections came in early march, while the WL's have come within the last 4-5 days. this COULD be the next batch of rejections obviously, but ya. :|

I was just looking at LSN too. It seems like all that's left is people with either REALLY high LSAT/REALLY low GPA, or kinda crappy LSAT/ HIGH GPA.

Sigh. Maybe they'll keep us on the WL if they need one or the other..either a GPA numbers boost, or an LSAT numbers boost.

chitown825

Postby chitown825 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:45 pm

I was hoping to get out of the midwest, but I'll be happy wherever. I think I'll send my deposit to IU-Indy and wait out Florida. If it takes more than 30 days though I'll withdraw.

midrangejumper

Postby midrangejumper » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:46 pm

savanna wrote:
midrangejumper wrote:i THINK that these next batch of "decision in transit" 's are going to be WL's. looking at LSN (i know not always accurate) but it looks like almost all of UF's rejections came in early march, while the WL's have come within the last 4-5 days. this COULD be the next batch of rejections obviously, but ya. :|

I was just looking at LSN too. It seems like all that's left is people with either REALLY high LSAT/REALLY low GPA, or kinda crappy LSAT/ HIGH GPA.

Sigh. Maybe they'll keep us on the WL if they need one or the other..either a GPA numbers boost, or an LSAT numbers boost.

thoughts on already drafting up a LOCI for them and sending it in the day i get a possible WL? or would that be too early to send a LOCI in right away? :lol:

savanna

Postby savanna » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:05 pm

midrangejumper wrote:
savanna wrote:

thoughts on already drafting up a LOCI for them and sending it in the day i get a possible WL? or would that be too early to send a LOCI in right away? :lol:

When you actually have a WL in hand, I wouldn't see the harm in sendng one as soon as possible. although writing one in anticipation of getting a WL lettr might be bad for your mental health if you have one all drafted up..and then get a rejection letter.
:lol:

GobbleGobble

Postby GobbleGobble » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:31 pm

A little late for input but,
3/18 dated acceptance letter (submitted early January, had been decision pending since mid February)
3.0/164/nonURM/Out of State (my UG GPA sucks but it was in engineering, and I also have a M.S. with a 3.85 GPA and several years work experience)
Reading these posts I definitely feel I JUST squeaked in on softs.

From what I've read, it looks like out-of-staters are generally able to become instate by the start of year two, does anyone know more about ways to speed this up? I have lots of family down in FL who's address I could start to 'move' my bills, car registration, etc to, so I'm wondering if there is any value in 'moving' to their address now rather than later when later when I quit work up here (AH!) and physically move to Gainesville. Since I'm already too late to have a full 12 months prior to yr 1 semester 2 I am guessing not.

Also, in general, financial aid for out-of-staters: feel there is greater or lesser likelihood of receiving scholarships? I know there are MORE scholarships for in-state but there are also a ton more instate kids to fight over them.... It seems like UF would do something to soften the blow to continue to attract out-of-state talent but what do I know.

I keep asking myself who walks away stable, comfortable-salaried career to go into debt, expecting only about the same salary after coming out, but I guess not hating life 9-5 for the next 40 years is worth it :? It certainly would be if I could knock down that huge 30k price tag for that first year...

midrangejumper

Postby midrangejumper » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:46 pm

i posted it earlier but ill say it again....besides me and hope, anyone else in the 3/24 DIT batch?

Mighty Boom

Postby Mighty Boom » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:00 pm

midrangejumper wrote:i posted it earlier but ill say it again....besides me and hope, anyone else in the 3/24 DIT batch?

I am. I tried to pay my seat deposit and it wont let me :( Must mean a rejection.

hopeforthebest

Postby hopeforthebest » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:04 pm

Mighty Boom wrote:
midrangejumper wrote:i posted it earlier but ill say it again....besides me and hope, anyone else in the 3/24 DIT batch?

I am. I tried to pay my seat deposit and it wont let me :( Must mean a rejection.

Or a waitlist...

midrangejumper

Postby midrangejumper » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:07 pm

this is going to be a batch of rejections. no offense to mighty boom, but if you're on this too, and you said your numbers are "auto-reject" #'s, then im guessing this is just going to be pure rejections.

LSATfromNC

Postby LSATfromNC » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:16 pm

Those of you who cannot pay seat deposit, what is the message? Mine says something about name and lsac id not matching.

nynole

Postby nynole » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:19 pm

Me too.

Ultimate Lurker

Postby Ultimate Lurker » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:29 pm

midrangejumper wrote:this is going to be a batch of rejections. no offense to mighty boom, but if you're on this too, and you said your numbers are "auto-reject" #'s, then im guessing this is just going to be pure rejections.

If that is in fact the case, I will be sorely disappointed with UF. Why take so long to render decisions if the last files essentially just get tossed out?

3/23 DIT batch.

hopeforthebest

Postby hopeforthebest » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:37 pm

midrangejumper wrote:this is going to be a batch of rejections. no offense to mighty boom, but if you're on this too, and you said your numbers are "auto-reject" #'s, then im guessing this is just going to be pure rejections.

UGH. This will be my 5th freaking rejection, assuming they are indeed rejections.

alibaba286

Postby alibaba286 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:48 pm

just FYI for everyone, i am accepted (letter in hand) and can't log on to pay my seat deposit either. so i think it's a technical glitch rather than a meaningful sign.

savanna

Postby savanna » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:52 pm

So I just checked my mail.No letter...I guess they don't actually send them before they update the status checker or I wouldve gotten it. Sigh.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”