University of Florida

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
LSATfromNC

Re: University of Florida

Postby LSATfromNC » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:40 pm

Yikes, also changed today. 159/3.6 OOS, non trad

poodles123

Postby poodles123 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:11 pm

Any in-staters from the 3/18 group? I really wonder how much in state consideration matters...

VAGATOR

Postby VAGATOR » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:15 pm

went to transit today. We will see.

Axis

Postby Axis » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:25 pm

The mailman just handed me my acceptance packet. 160/3.7.

jlendermo

Postby jlendermo » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:29 pm

Axis wrote:The mailman just handed me my acceptance packet. 160/3.7.

God bless you, there's hope.
160/3.8

AJaKe

Postby AJaKe » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:56 pm

Last edited by AJaKe on Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

carine44

Postby carine44 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:15 pm

Okay, I lied. I'm not exactly stressing out but every time someone posts that their status has updated, I log in, it's still decision pending, and I feel a little stabby.

But congrats to everyone who's getting news! :)

sweatervest

Postby sweatervest » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:07 pm

poodles123 wrote:Any in-staters from the 3/18 group? I really wonder how much in state consideration matters...

I'm in-state! It has to matter for something, right?

flhealth

Postby flhealth » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:18 pm

[quote="missmissy]
If i decide to go to UF… actually, u probably wouldn't want me in your section...unless it was to be study partners. i'm confident that i'll make really good grades in law school. Standardized test are not my thing... i personally think there's little correlation between lsat scores and law school performance.[/quote]

seriously....i'm calling flame! i will bet $100 that UF did not let in a 19 year old with a 150 unless there is a building on campus with your last name....that's insanity

champ7

Postby champ7 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:26 pm

it was an acceptance!!!
good luck everybody!

ShiftyPig

Postby ShiftyPig » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:28 pm

missmissy wrote:If i decide to go to UF… actually, u probably wouldn't want me in your section...unless it was to be study partners. i'm confident that i'll make really good grades in law school. Standardized test are not my thing... i personally think there's little correlation between lsat scores and law school performance.

I genuinely lol'd at this.

flhealth

Postby flhealth » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:31 pm

ShiftyPig wrote:
missmissy wrote:If i decide to go to UF… actually, u probably wouldn't want me in your section...unless it was to be study partners. i'm confident that i'll make really good grades in law school. Standardized test are not my thing... i personally think there's little correlation between lsat scores and law school performance.

I genuinely lol'd at this.

thats exactly why i called flame...

savanna

Postby savanna » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:33 pm

Ugh I know how you feel. I'm honestly not sure whether I should be happy or sad as I see more rounds of decisions go out. I'm not sure whether the last men/women left standing at the end are going to be acceptances or rejections...?
carine44 wrote:Okay, I lied. I'm not exactly stressing out but every time someone posts that their status has updated, I log in, it's still decision pending, and I feel a little stabby.

But congrats to everyone who's getting news! :)

kings84_wr

Postby kings84_wr » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:34 pm

I switched to decision in transit today finally, 166 - 2.9

northerndeac

Postby northerndeac » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:38 pm

They're probably working from both sides of it and working towards the middle. So if you have marginal numbers then your prob. getting a decline now, good numbers - an acceptance and if you're in the middle then you wait. So feel good your not getting cut from the pool right now. The longer anyone with ok numbers stays in the pool, the higher the likelihood they get ultimately accepted.

That's my opinion/guess and in no way construes any facts from UF.

savanna

Postby savanna » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:41 pm

I hope you're right.At 157/3.81, I am very,very marginal. I guess the longer I'm in the game,the better off I am.There just feels like a lot of people with better numbers out there who have already been rejected. sigh.l
northerndeac wrote:They're probably working from both sides of it and working towards the middle. So if you have marginal numbers then your prob. getting a decline now, good numbers - an acceptance and if you're in the middle then you wait. So feel good your not getting cut from the pool right now. The longer anyone with ok numbers stays in the pool, the higher the likelihood they get ultimately accepted.

tknlacrosse

Postby tknlacrosse » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:44 pm

savanna wrote:I hope you're right.At 157/3.81, I am very,very marginal. I guess the longer I'm in the game,the better off I am.There just feels like a lot of people with better numbers out there who have already been rejected. sigh.l
northerndeac wrote:They're probably working from both sides of it and working towards the middle. So if you have marginal numbers then your prob. getting a decline now, good numbers - an acceptance and if you're in the middle then you wait. So feel good your not getting cut from the pool right now. The longer anyone with ok numbers stays in the pool, the higher the likelihood they get ultimately accepted.

Savanna - We have practically identical numbers... Are you a FL resident?

UF is 80% FL residents.

savanna

Postby savanna » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:50 pm

Yes I am..Northwest Florida area! you give me hope,number twin! are you in state? I'm sure you've posted this somewhere,but forgive me for not reading back through to find out...I'm on TLS from my cell!
tknlacrosse wrote:
savanna wrote:I hope you're right.At 157/3.81, I am very,very marginal. I guess the longer I'm in the game,the better off I am.There just feels like a lot of people with better numbers out there who have already been rejected. sigh.l

Savanna - We have practically identical numbers... Are you a FL resident?

UF is 80% FL residents.

tknlacrosse

Postby tknlacrosse » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:54 pm

No, I'm not a Florida resident. Unfortunately, I'm from Maryland, where there are only two law schools. If only I had been born in Florida.... lol. I'll definitely let you know how it turns out for me!

Denny_Crane

Postby Denny_Crane » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:24 pm

My status changed today as well to letter in transit.....although there is about a 2% chance at this point I attend regardless of the decision. I was actually seriously thinking about withdrawing soon, of course it would do wonders for my ego if I get in :)

flhealth

Postby flhealth » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:27 pm

Denny_Crane wrote:My status changed today as well to letter in transit.....although there is about a 2% chance at this point I attend regardless of the decision. I was actually seriously thinking about withdrawing soon, of course it would do wonders for my ego if I get in :)

awww crap ANOTHER Denny Crane

uncle mike

Postby uncle mike » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:33 pm

Axis wrote:The mailman just handed me my acceptance packet. 160/3.7.

Congrats Axis!

Is the package in a regular size envelope or a big envelope? Thanks

savanna

Postby savanna » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:56 pm

Does anyone know if anyone was outright rejected? Like Under review---DIT----Rejection? I'm trying to figure out if decision pending folks are a hold of sorts..a maybe pile..or if EVERYONE who wasn't an autoadmit went straight to decision pending?

flhealth

Postby flhealth » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:48 pm

savanna wrote:Does anyone know if anyone was outright rejected? Like Under review---DIT----Rejection? I'm trying to figure out if decision pending folks are a hold of sorts..a maybe pile..or if EVERYONE who wasn't an autoadmit went straight to decision pending?

raises hand

Mikey1

Postby Mikey1 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:50 pm

I am still at Decision pending. ugh

3/18 guy over here.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”