University of Florida

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
midrangejumper

Re: University of Florida

Postby midrangejumper » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:33 am

i think you guys are getting acceptances! congrats!

gator06

Postby gator06 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:39 am

sweatervest wrote:
prufrock wrote:3/20 "Reviewed: Decision Pending" changed to "Decision Letter in Transit" for me too

157, 4

Any feeling on whether this batch will be acceptances or rejections?

Maybe both? Hopefully acceptances - didn't they just send out a round of rejections?

A batch went out this past Wednesday. No word yet on those.

Two Fridays ago they sent out a mixed batch, yet acceptances took about 2 days longer to arrive (did they mail them a little later?). My guess is that this time they split it into two pieces - Wednesday and Friday.

But what do I know? Just a wild guess. I might be getting my rejection come Monday....

sweatervest

Postby sweatervest » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:45 am

gator06 wrote:
sweatervest wrote:
prufrock wrote:3/20 "Reviewed: Decision Pending" changed to "Decision Letter in Transit" for me too

157, 4

Maybe both? Hopefully acceptances - didn't they just send out a round of rejections?

A batch went out this past Wednesday. No word yet on those.

Two Fridays ago they sent out a mixed batch, yet acceptances took about 2 days longer to arrive (did they mail them a little later?). My guess is that this time they split it into two pieces - Wednesday and Friday.

But what do I know? Just a wild guess. I might be getting my rejection come Monday....

I know, I'm part of the Wednesday batch. All of our numbers kind of overlap - there is no real indication over which "decision in transit" day will be getting the acceptances and which will be getting the rejections. If they even do it that way this time.

This waiting is beyond torture.

prufrock

Postby prufrock » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:46 am

midrangejumper wrote:i think you guys are getting acceptances! congrats!

i dunno i hope so my fingers are crossed! But then again these could be a mixed bag... We will just have to wait and see, I have been Decision Pending since 1/13..

gator06

Postby gator06 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:47 am

Grab a lawn chair and camp out by your mailbox. =))

sweatervest

Postby sweatervest » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:49 am

gator06 wrote:Grab a lawn chair and camp out by your mailbox. =))

Well . . .it is a nice day outside.

tknlacrosse

Postby tknlacrosse » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:57 am

Decision letter in transit changed for me today too!!

157, 3.78 uGPA, OOS

I'm soooo nervous

uncle mike

Postby uncle mike » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:02 pm

157, 4

Looking at our profiles, all rejections and, perhaps, a few wailtlists is my guess.

164/3.2/OOS/non-URM

tknlacrosse

Postby tknlacrosse » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:11 pm

uncle mike wrote:

157, 4

Looking at our profiles, all rejections and, perhaps, a few wailtlists is my guess.

164/3.2/OOS/non-URM

This is what I'm suspecting as well. :cry: Trying to keep my hopes up though!!!

gator06

Postby gator06 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:21 pm

uncle mike wrote:

157, 4

164/3.2/OOS/non-URM

At this point in the game, I don't think there is anyone with superstar numbers still pending. Everybody is pretty much in the same boat and what it comes down to now is the soft factors IMO.

tknlacrosse

Postby tknlacrosse » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:30 pm

Does anybody know what UF has generally looked for in the past in terms of softs? Tough question, I know, but as far as what we do know--- they like high GPAs. If anyone has an insight it can at least be something to consider for what will probably be the one of the longest weekends ever for many of us!

gator06

Postby gator06 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:33 pm

tknlacrosse wrote:Does anybody know what UF has generally looked for in the past in terms of softs? Tough question, I know, but as far as what we do know--- they like high GPAs. If anyone has an insight it can at least be something to consider for what will probably be the one of the longest weekends ever for many of us!

Go to the bar and watch some college ball! That's what I am doing! =))

jpin22

Postby jpin22 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:51 pm

good luck to all of you! I will most likely be attending in the Fall and cant wait to make a trip up to gainesville (been a gator fan all of my life and been up for a few games but havent seen the law school).

missmissy

Postby missmissy » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:55 pm

ShiftyPig wrote:
savanna wrote:She gets it,her odds were a long shot. There must be something in her appp better than those with higher numbers who have been turned away.Beating a dead horse.
ShiftyPig wrote:
i put my odds a 50/50

To be honest, your odds had to have been way worse than 50/50. I don't mean to be disrespectful - really there's no way around it - but given the smaller class size a 150 at UF is much more than a surprise as many, many people with higher than that will be turned away this cycle.

What do I care - I have my acceptance. All it means to me is that that there could be a 150 in my section if I matriculate... goes from "beating a dead horse" to "I hope you're in my section."

If i decide to go to UF… actually, u probably wouldn't want me in your section...unless it was to be study partners. i'm confident that i'll make really good grades in law school. Standardized test are not my thing... i personally think there's little correlation between lsat scores and law school performance.

jpin22

Postby jpin22 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:06 pm

If i decide to go to UF… actually, u probably wouldn't want me in your section...unless it was to be study partners. i'm confident that i'll make really good grades in law school. Standardized test are not my thing... i personally think there's little correlation between lsat scores and law school performance.[/quote]
I think there is some correlation but Im sure UF took you for a reason. In general a 170 scorer would out perform a 150 in law school but that certainly isnt the rule.

hopeforthebest

Postby hopeforthebest » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:55 pm

Still at "reviewed by committee; decision pending" since 3/17. Trying to decide if that is a good or bad thing...

Postby 06072010 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:57 pm

If i decide to go to UF… actually, u probably wouldn't want me in your section...unless it was to be study partners. i'm confident that i'll make really good grades in law school. Standardized test are not my thing... i personally think there's little correlation between lsat scores and law school performance.

One of the most arrogant things I've ever read on TLS. Cheers!

Axis

Postby Axis » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:58 pm

Decision letter in transit Today.

/initiate freakout

carine44

Postby carine44 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:00 pm

hopeforthebest wrote:Still at "reviewed by committee; decision pending" since 3/17. Trying to decide if that is a good or bad thing...

Same, but since 3/5. I have given up stressing about it - whatever happens, happens. I'm sure we'll hear something in the next few weeks.

tknlacrosse

Postby tknlacrosse » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:03 pm

PKSebben wrote:

You should browse TLS more often then.. That statement was child's play compared to some comments on this forum! People are freaks when it comes to law school!!!!

I take that first statement back after seeing you have over 5,000 something posts on this forum --- but I also use it as evidence to support the latter statement.... lol

gator06

Postby gator06 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:36 pm

Any news on Wednesday decisions? :roll:

Axis

Postby Axis » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:38 pm

Someone I've talked to got rejected with a 161/3.5, which makes me really nervous since in previous years that should be an in. I think they were in last week's batch though.

jlendermo

Postby jlendermo » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:46 pm

Axis wrote:Decision letter in transit Today.

/initiate freakout

Haha I know, right?!

I'll definitely be posting my results, good or bad.

missmissy

Postby missmissy » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:12 pm

tknlacrosse wrote:
PKSebben wrote:

You should browse TLS more often then.. That statement was child's play compared to some comments on this forum! People are freaks when it comes to law school!!!!

I take that first statement back after seeing you have over 5,000 something posts on this forum --- but I also use it as evidence to support the latter statement.... lol

Agreed. Just a personal opinion...to me, an lsat score is just a means to the end of getting into the law school you want to go to. Just registered of tls to wish people with lower scores luck, gheesh! =)

meganr

Postby meganr » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:36 pm

Finally changed to "Decision in transit" Been decision pending since 1/22. Let you know how it turns out!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”