University of Florida

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
GatorPi

Re: University of Florida

Postby GatorPi » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:39 pm

midrangejumper wrote:anyone who knows they for sure dont want to go to UF, if they've already gotten in already or just know they dont want to should withdraw!!! thaaaanks!

hahaha love it

savanna

Postby savanna » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:57 pm

GatorPi wrote:
midrangejumper wrote:anyone who knows they for sure dont want to go to UF, if they've already gotten in already or just know they dont want to should withdraw!!! thaaaanks!

hahaha love it

Word.

It is especially obnoxious for someone to bitch about the balls of UF to NOT autoadmit them, even though they wouldn't attend even with a full ride....? Why bother...?

imfubv

Postby imfubv » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:18 pm

This probably has been asked a thousand times but couldn't find it.... My application went to reviewed - decision pending on the 13th is that bad? does it take long to say decision mailed?

uncle mike

Postby uncle mike » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:35 pm

imfubv wrote:This probably has been asked a thousand times but couldn't find it.... My application went to reviewed - decision pending on the 13th is that bad? does it take long to say decision mailed?

Varies by person but I would say late March/early April at the earliest.

ShiftyPig

Postby ShiftyPig » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:55 pm

savanna wrote:
GatorPi wrote:

hahaha love it

Word.

It is especially obnoxious for someone to bitch about the balls of UF to NOT autoadmit them, even though they wouldn't attend even with a full ride....? Why bother...?

Seconded. lol

I was genuinely surprised about the 150 LSAT admit, but to use that as a launching pad for a rant as to why he/she hadn't been accepted is poor form. Then again - graduating college in 1.5 years connotes a level of social inactivity, so I'm not sure why we're shocked.

champ7

Postby champ7 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:03 pm

Did anyone else have a status change from R:DP to DIT this week?
I know the guessing is futile, but I'm just trying to get a handle on what might be going on...

flhealth

Postby flhealth » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:38 pm

the fact that the person who got a 150 is getting in BECAUSE she is 19 MAKES NO SENSE!!! if anything being that young would work AGAINST you....to the member who got in with the 150, what other schools did you apply to and what have been the results so far? do you have a LSN account? I'm calling shenanigans especially considering your age. According to LSN, UF has NOT admitted anyone with numbers even close to a 150 in THE LAST THREE YEARS!!!! and now when they are cutting the class size by 25% you expect us to believe you got in with 150? shenanigans!!!

fischgat

Postby fischgat » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:51 pm

champ7 wrote:Did anyone else have a status change from R:DP to DIT this week?
I know the guessing is futile, but I'm just trying to get a handle on what might be going on...

I went from "...Decision Pending" to "...in transit" yesterday. I'll let you know if it's an acceptance or denial letter.

missmissy

Postby missmissy » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:34 pm

Okay. lots of stuff to say...
i did think that girl was rude/obnoxious and i tried to be a gracious as possible with her. Thanks, guys for saying it and sticking up for me! Like why do you care if you're not going?! that's probably the reason that she didn't get in! and i agree she should withdraw her application...it's already the end of march and you should have gotten lots of acceptable letters by now, right? what would one more do? boost your ego?

and for the guy the said my acceptance is shenanigans.... no, i don't have a lsn. Most people who get accepted to law school don't go on either lsn or here. At least that's what I think. So maybe that's why you haven't seen anyone w/my numbers in 3 years. i wasn't even planning to get on this site but when i saw people with higher numbers feeling like they had no chance I just wanted them to give hope. Law schools are always saying that they don't look at the numbers alone. So i'm guess i'm proof that they do look at the full package and that they pick people who are a fit for their school. to answer you question: I applied and gotten in to: UF, Stetson, FIU, Nova Southeastern, Charleston school of law, FAMU, Barry. I also applied to Emory but of course I didn't get in. Obviously, I wanted to stay in the Southeast and I applied to schools that I actually were willing to go to. I have to admit that I thought I might not get in at UF... i put my odds a 50/50. and finally, i'm not surprised that you guys are surprised. =) good luck to all that are waiting for a letter.

ShiftyPig

Postby ShiftyPig » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:38 am

i put my odds a 50/50

To be honest, your odds had to have been way worse than 50/50. I don't mean to be disrespectful - really there's no way around it - but given the smaller class size a 150 at UF is much more than a surprise as many, many people with higher than that will be turned away this cycle.

savanna

Postby savanna » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:53 am

She gets it,her odds were a long shot. There must be something in her appp better than those with higher numbers who have been turned away.Beating a dead horse.
ShiftyPig wrote:
i put my odds a 50/50

To be honest, your odds had to have been way worse than 50/50. I don't mean to be disrespectful - really there's no way around it - but given the smaller class size a 150 at UF is much more than a surprise as many, many people with higher than that will be turned away this cycle.

ShiftyPig

Postby ShiftyPig » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:19 am

savanna wrote:She gets it,her odds were a long shot. There must be something in her appp better than those with higher numbers who have been turned away.Beating a dead horse.
ShiftyPig wrote:
i put my odds a 50/50

What do I care - I have my acceptance. All it means to me is that that there could be a 150 in my section if I matriculate... goes from "beating a dead horse" to "I hope you're in my section."

carrowd3

Postby carrowd3 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:30 am

I withdrew my acceptance a few days ago. Good luck to those of you still waiting!

gator06

Postby gator06 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:03 am

carrowd3 wrote:I withdrew my acceptance a few days ago. Good luck to those of you still waiting!

Thank you! Can you write them a follow-up and ask to give your seat to me?

gator06

Postby gator06 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:24 am

My status checker was down for the last half hour or so. Now it's back up, but my status is completely blank. Oh boy..

uncle mike

Postby uncle mike » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:37 am

gator06 wrote:My status checker was down for the last half hour or so. Now it's back up, but my status is completely blank. Oh boy..

Same here - for all out there, would you know if there is any significance to this?

Rocky Estoppel

Postby Rocky Estoppel » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:53 am

uncle mike wrote:
gator06 wrote:My status checker was down for the last half hour or so. Now it's back up, but my status is completely blank. Oh boy..

Same here - for all out there, would you know if there is any significance to this?
My status is blank now too. :?

gator06

Postby gator06 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:59 am

All having gone blank, what was your status before? Mine was R:DP since 1/22.

Did anybody go blank now for whom the decision was already mailed? Anybody with R:DP status still?

sweatervest

Postby sweatervest » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:06 am

gator06 wrote:All having gone blank, what was your status before? Mine was R:DP since 1/22.

Did anybody go blank now for whom the decision was already mailed? Anybody with R:DP status still?

Mine still says "Decision letter in transit" - I don't believe it went blank.

gator06

Postby gator06 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:15 am

sweatervest wrote:
gator06 wrote:All having gone blank, what was your status before? Mine was R:DP since 1/22.

Mine still says "Decision letter in transit" - I don't believe it went blank.

hmm.. Let's hope that the "acceptances take longer to mail" concept holds true. Can't wait to find out what went out on Wednesday.

gator06

Postby gator06 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:18 am

There it is.. Decision Letter in Transit on 3/20!

156 / 3.83 uGPA / OOS / non-URM / UF ug and grad / work experience / good recs
Last edited by gator06 on Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

chitown825

Postby chitown825 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:20 am

3/20 "Reviewed: Decision Pending" changed to "Decision Letter in Transit"

160, 3.4, OOS (Great softs, PS, LORs)

I had been R:DP for appx. 3 weeks.

GatorPi

Postby GatorPi » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:25 am

Mine STILL says Reviewed: Decision Pending. Been that way since 1/22. I cant decide if I'm envious of all you Decision Letter in Transit people or if I'm happy I'm still Decision Pending

prufrock

Postby prufrock » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:31 am

3/20 "Reviewed: Decision Pending" changed to "Decision Letter in Transit" for me too

157, 4

Any feeling on whether this batch will be acceptances or rejections?

sweatervest

Postby sweatervest » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:33 am

prufrock wrote:3/20 "Reviewed: Decision Pending" changed to "Decision Letter in Transit" for me too

157, 4

Any feeling on whether this batch will be acceptances or rejections?

Maybe both? Hopefully acceptances - didn't they just send out a round of rejections?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”