University of Florida

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
hypo
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:56 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby hypo » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:10 pm

gatorfan787 wrote:Those of you going to UF Law in the fall looking for housing, I will be renting my furnished 4 bed, 2 bath house located in Golfview Estates on SW 27th St. and SW 2nd Ave. It's located on UF's golf course and according to Google Maps it's 0.2 miles from UF Levin College of Law. :)

Check out a picture tour at: http://www.golfviewuf.com

PM me for more details.


If I was staying at UF, I'd be very interested. Nice location, walk to almost everything, only downside is really bad traffic if you have to drive somewhere else during rush hour. I'm not sure about how much houses are renting for, but it appears a good deal cheaper than a comparable apartment.

General info for those looking for housing (nothing meant to knock the above, it looks like a reasonable deal): Gainesville is very over supplied right now. You should expect one month free/no deposit at minimum for most apartments. Shop around, compare rents, and definitely negotiate. Anyone who says rents will go up or everywhere will fill before August is lying.

The law school is on 2nd ave, east of 34th st. There's grocery, restaurants, and shopping at this intersection and walking is the easiest option. Your best choices for housing are:
1-house east of 34th st, north of 2nd ave, west of the football stadium. Walk to class, not as noisy as the area farther east.
2-apartment on bus route 34, which stops at the law school. (check http://www.go-rts.com/apartments.html).
3-drive from the NW or SW areas of town, get there early to park close.

Feel free to PM me w/ specific questions.

poodles123
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:24 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby poodles123 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:48 pm

sweatervest wrote:
poodles123 wrote:"Decision Letter in Transit" today too... I'm not optimistic. I think that we may be the next round of rejections. They're slowly weeding us out. I think with this decision pending nonsense, the longer they keep you around, the better. Sucks.


Just out of curiosity, what makes you think that? It could just as easily be them letting more people in, couldn't it?

I'm nervous. Florida is at this point my top realistic choice.



Purely speculation. It could go one way or the other. For our sake, I hope it goes the other way! UF is my only real hope also. I don't think I'm terrible statistically speaking, but I don't think I'm one of the first ones they'd admit who had the decision pending status. Sort of strange. I'm in state and have a 3.9 from a good university. Guess admissions are rough this year.

missmissy
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:53 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby missmissy » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:04 pm

ShiftyPig wrote:
Here's my numbers 150 LSAT/URM/3.8 UGPA/uf undergrad.


Is that a typo? Image


Nope, not a typo! I guess URM status might have something to do with it. Although, many urm with way higher numbers have not gotten in. My softs are strong, not really that unique. I might have one semi unique thing but I didn't even mention in my personal statement or anywhere on my application but i guess it's obvious. It's age. I just think that with admissions, especially at UF, they try to take a variety of people. In reality if they took all people with the same numbers then it probably wouldn't be a variety. I'm proof that everyone has a shot so be optomistic!

User avatar
rbgrocio
Posts: 560
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:58 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby rbgrocio » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:09 pm

missmissy wrote:
ShiftyPig wrote:
Here's my numbers 150 LSAT/URM/3.8 UGPA/uf undergrad.


Is that a typo? Image


Nope, not a typo! I guess URM status might have something to do with it. Although, many urm with way higher numbers have not gotten in. My softs are strong, not really that unique. I might have one semi unique thing but I didn't even mention in my personal statement or anywhere on my application but i guess it's obvious. It's age. I just think that with admissions, especially at UF, they try to take a variety of people. In reality if they took all people with the same numbers then it probably wouldn't be a variety. I'm proof that everyone has a shot so be optomistic!



You mention age. Is it because you are older than the average student or because you are younger than the average student?

If you are 40-50... I don't think that's unique. There are lots of students going to law school who are that age.

If you are 80... then that is unique.

If you are 17, 18 that is unique too.

I'm just curious and i guess a little indiscreet too. How old are you?

savanna
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:56 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby savanna » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:15 pm

My numbers are nothing to write home about,and I'm still decision pending..I guess that kinda throws out the theory that they're weeding people out right now.

missmissy
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:53 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby missmissy » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:18 pm

rbgrocio wrote:
missmissy wrote:
ShiftyPig wrote:
Here's my numbers 150 LSAT/URM/3.8 UGPA/uf undergrad.


Is that a typo? Image


Nope, not a typo! I guess URM status might have something to do with it. Although, many urm with way higher numbers have not gotten in. My softs are strong, not really that unique. I might have one semi unique thing but I didn't even mention in my personal statement or anywhere on my application but i guess it's obvious. It's age. I just think that with admissions, especially at UF, they try to take a variety of people. In reality if they took all people with the same numbers then it probably wouldn't be a variety. I'm proof that everyone has a shot so be optomistic!



You mention age. Is it because you are older than the average student or because you are younger than the average student?

If you are 40-50... I don't think that's unique. There are lots of students going to law school who are that age.

If you are 80... then that is unique.

If you are 17, 18 that is unique too.

I'm just curious and i guess a little indiscreet too. How old are you?


19, not that young. will be 20 when law school starts. as I said i think its semi-unique but not something alone to admit on.

User avatar
rbgrocio
Posts: 560
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:58 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby rbgrocio » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:22 pm

Is that a typo? Image[/quote]

Nope, not a typo! I guess URM status might have something to do with it. Although, many urm with way higher numbers have not gotten in. My softs are strong, not really that unique. I might have one semi unique thing but I didn't even mention in my personal statement or anywhere on my application but i guess it's obvious. It's age. I just think that with admissions, especially at UF, they try to take a variety of people. In reality if they took all people with the same numbers then it probably wouldn't be a variety. I'm proof that everyone has a shot so be optomistic![/quote]


You mention age. Is it because you are older than the average student or because you are younger than the average student?

If you are 40-50... I don't think that's unique. There are lots of students going to law school who are that age.

If you are 80... then that is unique.

If you are 17, 18 that is unique too.

I'm just curious and i guess a little indiscreet too. How old are you?[/quote]

19, not that young. will be 20 when law school starts. as I said i think its semi-unique but not something alone to admit on.[/quote]

I'm 20 and will continue to be 20 when law school starts. I have a 158 LSAT and a 3.8 and I'm still on they wait list. Not sure why! I speak three languages, graduated from college in 1 1/2 years. I have work experience... I dunno what's going on with them....

missmissy
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:53 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby missmissy » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:23 pm

Well you haven't been rejected yet! so there's still a chance. good luck!

User avatar
rbgrocio
Posts: 560
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:58 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby rbgrocio » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:39 pm

missmissy wrote:Well you haven't been rejected yet! so there's still a chance. good luck!



thanks, though I'm not attending UF either way! lol... I was just surprised you got in and I'm still waiting. That's all!

But thanks for the good wishes.

tknlacrosse
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:56 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby tknlacrosse » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:45 pm

rbgrocio wrote:
missmissy wrote:Well you haven't been rejected yet! so there's still a chance. good luck!



thanks, though I'm not attending UF either way! lol... I was just surprised you got in and I'm still waiting. That's all!

But thanks for the good wishes.



Then withdraw your app, I sure could use your spot!!!!

User avatar
gator06
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:05 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby gator06 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:16 am

meganr wrote:I'm STILL at Reviewed by committee:Decision Pending... been this since 1/22. Come on already.

+1

=((

LSATfromNC
Posts: 735
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:29 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby LSATfromNC » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:26 am

Also, still pending. 159/3.6
Using the rest of my cycle as a predictor; I can expect a rejection or waitlist/rejection.

savanna
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:56 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby savanna » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:56 am

rbgrocio wrote:
missmissy wrote:Well you haven't been rejected yet! so there's still a chance. good luck!



thanks, though I'm not attending UF either way! lol... I was just surprised you got in and I'm still waiting. That's all!

But thanks for the good wishes.
Ouch. You have no idea what was on her app. she could have a ridiculously amazing PS or a unique soft that attracted the admissions committee. I would never tell someone that I was "surprised" they were accepted before me.

champ7
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:55 am

Re: University of Florida

Postby champ7 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:00 am

this is my first post, but i've been keeping up with the exchange for some time now.

i had been reviewed: decision pending since 1/22 and my status checker changed yesterday to 'decision letter in transit' with the date 3/18.

i went complete in late october, uf undergrad, non-urm with 160 and 3.5.
i am very interested to see what happens this week! i feel like it's luck-of-the-draw!

Mikey1
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:43 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby Mikey1 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:02 am

I have been decision letter pending since 3/13

savanna
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:56 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby savanna » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:07 am

Maybe they're going chronologically? Like people who were decision pending first get an answer first,instead of weeding out of the entire batch? I'm too lazy to go back through and see when everyone went pending and when they went DIT to test my hypothesize..haha

User avatar
rbgrocio
Posts: 560
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:58 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby rbgrocio » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:07 am

savanna wrote:
rbgrocio wrote:
missmissy wrote:Well you haven't been rejected yet! so there's still a chance. good luck!



thanks, though I'm not attending UF either way! lol... I was just surprised you got in and I'm still waiting. That's all!

But thanks for the good wishes.
Ouch. You have no idea what was on her app. she could have a ridiculously amazing PS or a unique soft that attracted the admissions committee. I would never tell someone that I was "surprised" they were accepted before me.



You are too susceptible. I don't care if she is going or not, for I'm not going to go even if they give me a free ride, which I know is not going to happen.

I told her that she must have a really good soft because a lot of people with higher numbers than hers, and the same age (in case that is an incredible soft) are getting rejected. Period.

Read my previous comments before you jump into conclusions.

sweatervest
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:34 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby sweatervest » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:10 am

savanna wrote:Maybe they're going chronologically? Like people who were decision pending first get an answer first,instead of weeding out of the entire batch? I'm too lazy to go back through and see when everyone went pending and when they went DIT to test my hypothesize..haha


I don't think it's chronological - a lot of people who are getting decisions now went R:DP in mid/late January, whereas I went R:DP on 2/19.

All I know is, this wait is agony. Why can't they have the decency to email like everyone else???

savanna
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:56 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby savanna » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:18 am

rbgrocio wrote:
savanna wrote:
rbgrocio wrote:
missmissy wrote:Well you haven't been rejected yet! so there's still a chance. good luck!



thanks, though I'm not attending UF either way! lol... I was just surprised you got in and I'm still waiting. That's all!

But thanks for the good wishes.
Ouch. You have no idea what was on her app. she could have a ridiculously amazing PS or a unique soft that attracted the admissions committee. I would never tell someone that I was "surprised" they were accepted before me.



You are too susceptible. I don't care if she is going or not, for I'm not going to go even if they give me a free ride, which I know is not going to happen.

I told her that she must have a really good soft because a lot of people with higher numbers than hers, and the same age (in case that is an incredible soft) are getting rejected. Period.

Read my previous comments before you jump into conclusions.

I read all of your previous posts,and I still think it was bratty. Just sayin'.

User avatar
rbgrocio
Posts: 560
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:58 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby rbgrocio » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:20 am

thanks, though I'm not attending UF either way! lol... I was just surprised you got in and I'm still waiting. That's all!

But thanks for the good wishes.[/quote] Ouch. You have no idea what was on her app. she could have a ridiculously amazing PS or a unique soft that attracted the admissions committee. I would never tell someone that I was "surprised" they were accepted before me.[/quote]


You are too susceptible. I don't care if she is going or not, for I'm not going to go even if they give me a free ride, which I know is not going to happen.

I told her that she must have a really good soft because a lot of people with higher numbers than hers, and the same age (in case that is an incredible soft) are getting rejected. Period.

Read my previous comments before you jump into conclusions.[/quote]
I read all of your previous posts,and I still think it was bratty. Just sayin'.[/quote]

That's cool with me. Too early in the day to worry about how strangers on the internet judge my posts.

Have a nice day.

savanna
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:56 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby savanna » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:23 am

Then get off a internet forum where you're chatting with strangers..and go withdraw your UF app. though I'm not attending UF either way! lol... I was just surprised you got in and I'm still waiting. That's all!

But thanks for the good wishes.[/quote] Ouch. You have no idea what was on her app. she could have a ridiculously amazing PS or a unique soft that attracted the admissions committee. I would never tell someone that I was "surprised" they were accepted before me.[/quote]


You are too susceptible. I don't care if she is going or not, for I'm not going to go even if they give me a free ride, which I know is not going to happen.

I told her that she must have a really good soft because a lot of people with higher numbers than hers, and the same age (in case that is an incredible soft) are getting rejected. Period.

Read my previous comments before you jump into conclusions.[/quote]
I read all of your previous posts,and I still think it was bratty. Just sayin'.[/quote]

That's cool with me. Too early in the day to worry about how strangers on the internet judge my posts.

Have a nice day.[/quote]
:lol: :D :D :D

poodles123
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:24 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby poodles123 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:49 am

I second that the posts came across as incredibly rude. Are you going to tell me to have a nice day too?

savanna
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:56 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby savanna » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:02 pm

poodles123 wrote:I second that the posts came across as incredibly rude. Are you going to tell me to have a nice day too?

Probably not. She/he doesn't waste her time with fake pepole on the internet. :lol:

jackie611590
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:36 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby jackie611590 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:16 pm

savanna wrote:Maybe they're going chronologically? Like people who were decision pending first get an answer first,instead of weeding out of the entire batch? I'm too lazy to go back through and see when everyone went pending and when they went DIT to test my hypothesize..haha


that would be the fair way to do it! but no, I didn't go decision pending until the first week of march and the decision letter was in transit by the end of that week. i hope your wait isn't much long though!

midrangejumper
Posts: 243
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:38 am

Re: University of Florida

Postby midrangejumper » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:37 pm

anyone who knows they for sure dont want to go to UF, if they've already gotten in already or just know they dont want to should withdraw!!! thaaaanks!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], proteinshake and 23 guests