University of Florida

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Mikey1
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:43 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby Mikey1 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:07 am

jms31 wrote:On 3/13 I went to "Reviewed by Committee:Decision Pending". It appears some on here seem to know what this means can you help me out. I'm going to think with the change in status being on Friday the 13th the ultimate decision isn't going to go my way, but...



+1 here. This really pisses me off. Check this morning and I am still decision pending.

User avatar
Sparky
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:28 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby Sparky » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:22 am

jms31 wrote:On 3/13 I went to "Reviewed by Committee:Decision Pending". It appears some on here seem to know what this means can you help me out. I'm going to think with the change in status being on Friday the 13th the ultimate decision isn't going to go my way, but...

IMO going "Reviewed by Committee:Decision Pending" on 3/13 is a lot luckier than the same on 1/23, and still no word. :evil:

User avatar
gator06
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:05 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby gator06 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:30 am

It's not a s bad as being reviewed, decision pending since 1/22.

Does anyone know when the deposit deadline is for the first batches of admits? What about the most recent one?

I'm really hoping to hear something soon from these guys. UF is my top choice.

rch0013
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:08 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby rch0013 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:41 am

deposit isn't due until may 15th, according to my letter. I was in an early batch of admits (decision date was Jan 8th.)
Last edited by rch0013 on Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ShiftyPig
Posts: 126
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:18 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby ShiftyPig » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:40 pm

Tour guide said the seat deposit deadline is May 15.

User avatar
Rocky Estoppel
Posts: 283
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:41 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby Rocky Estoppel » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:43 pm

That's a late seat deposit. I wish other schools were that late but unfortunately I'll have to send in $$$ somewhere on or before April 15th more than likely.

tknlacrosse
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:56 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby tknlacrosse » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:18 pm

I've been Reviewed by Committee; Decision Pending since 3/5. My numbers don't give me much hope, so I wish they'd just cut the cord already! Still not as bad as FSU where I've been complete since 1/16 and still haven't even gone under review. Meh.

midrangejumper
Posts: 243
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:38 am

Re: University of Florida

Postby midrangejumper » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:28 pm

who else is "under committee for review" on 3/2 still?

User avatar
hopeforthebest
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:46 am

Re: University of Florida

Postby hopeforthebest » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:34 pm

*raises hand*

Me midrange!

User avatar
kings84_wr
Posts: 896
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:18 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby kings84_wr » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:26 pm

Sparky wrote:
jms31 wrote:On 3/13 I went to "Reviewed by Committee:Decision Pending". It appears some on here seem to know what this means can you help me out. I'm going to think with the change in status being on Friday the 13th the ultimate decision isn't going to go my way, but...

IMO going "Reviewed by Committee:Decision Pending" on 3/13 is a lot luckier than the same on 1/23, and still no word. :evil:



well 1/23 is better then 1/13 :)

User avatar
js87
Posts: 434
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:42 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby js87 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:51 pm

kings84_wr wrote:
Sparky wrote:
jms31 wrote:On 3/13 I went to "Reviewed by Committee:Decision Pending". It appears some on here seem to know what this means can you help me out. I'm going to think with the change in status being on Friday the 13th the ultimate decision isn't going to go my way, but...

IMO going "Reviewed by Committee:Decision Pending" on 3/13 is a lot luckier than the same on 1/23, and still no word. :evil:



well 1/23 is better then 1/13 :)


Ditto, I've been pending since 1/13 as well. It's very frustrating, seeing as our seat deposits are due at other schools very soon. I spoke to someone in admissions who said we will be hearing in "late March or early April". :(

midrangejumper
Posts: 243
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:38 am

Re: University of Florida

Postby midrangejumper » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:57 am

hopeforthebest wrote:*raises hand*

Me midrange!


other than us obviously lol

jlendermo
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:29 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby jlendermo » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:40 pm

I got the whole "Reviewed by committee; decision pending" spiel too, since March 13th.
GPA: 3.83, LSAT: 160.

Do I even have a shot?

sweatervest
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:34 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby sweatervest » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:07 pm

jlendermo wrote:I got the whole "Reviewed by committee; decision pending" spiel too, since March 13th.
GPA: 3.83, LSAT: 160.

Do I even have a shot?


Yes! Of course. We just need to wait a little longer. Chin up, folks. I'm officially sending good vibes everybody's way.

midrangejumper
Posts: 243
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:38 am

Re: University of Florida

Postby midrangejumper » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:48 pm

went to "reviewed by committee, decision pending" today....can i get some luck of the irish!!!??

User avatar
hopeforthebest
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:46 am

Re: University of Florida

Postby hopeforthebest » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:36 pm

midrangejumper wrote:went to "reviewed by committee, decision pending" today....can i get some luck of the irish!!!??


I too had my status change to the dreaded "reviewed my committee; decision pending" today. Joy.

jlendermo
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:29 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby jlendermo » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:41 pm

hopeforthebest wrote:
midrangejumper wrote:went to "reviewed by committee, decision pending" today....can i get some luck of the irish!!!??


I too had my status change to the dreaded "reviewed my committee; decision pending" today. Joy.


What are your stats?

User avatar
Mighty Boom
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:16 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby Mighty Boom » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:57 pm

went to "reviewed by committee, decision pending" today. Any thoughts anyone. My numbers are auto-reject.

midrangejumper
Posts: 243
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:38 am

Re: University of Florida

Postby midrangejumper » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:40 pm

im guessing not very good chance of getting in, 25% lsat and 75% ugpa

User avatar
Mighty Boom
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:16 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby Mighty Boom » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:57 pm

[quote="midrangejumper"]im guessing not very good chance of getting in, 25% lsat and 75% ugpa[/quote

Que?

User avatar
jpin22
Posts: 84
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:02 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby jpin22 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:57 pm

good luck to all of you

midrangejumper
Posts: 243
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:38 am

Re: University of Florida

Postby midrangejumper » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:01 pm

Mighty Boom wrote:
midrangejumper wrote:im guessing not very good chance of getting in, 25% lsat and 75% ugpa[/quote

Que?


was talking about my chances, and giving you my stats

User avatar
Mighty Boom
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:16 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby Mighty Boom » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:49 pm

midrangejumper wrote:
Mighty Boom wrote:
midrangejumper wrote:im guessing not very good chance of getting in, 25% lsat and 75% ugpa[/quote

Que?


was talking about my chances, and giving you my stats


Indeed.

stjaba
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:35 pm

Re: University of Florida

Postby stjaba » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:54 pm

I got my acceptance letter dated March 9th last Friday. AFAIK, my decision was never "pending," but then again I didn't check my status very frequently. I'm a UF undergrad with a 3.3 UGPA, and a 165 LSAT. My girlfriend has been stuck on "reviewed by committee, decision pending" for a few weeks now. According to UF's website, letters are semt out throughout this month into early April, so everyone should hear back within the next few weeks.

User avatar
hopeforthebest
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:46 am

Re: University of Florida

Postby hopeforthebest » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:18 pm

jlendermo wrote:
hopeforthebest wrote:
midrangejumper wrote:went to "reviewed by committee, decision pending" today....can i get some luck of the irish!!!??


I too had my status change to the dreaded "reviewed my committee; decision pending" today. Joy.


What are your stats?


ditto to midrange... 25% LSAT, 75% GPA. I'm at UF for undergrad now and the idea of sticking around for another 3 years has definitely grown on me since my cycle began.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: carlos_danger, okf731, SevenSeven77 and 14 guests