University of Florida

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
hookem

Re: University of Florida

Postby hookem » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:43 am

I've been in review since 1/27...anyone in the same boat?

teddy315

Postby teddy315 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:57 pm

3.4, 164 hispanic.. i went decision letter in transit on 3/2. has anyone else who went DIT on that date received acceptance/rejection yet? all this talk of this being the first batch of rejects has me worried but i feel i should have at least been waitlisted. i wont be getting my mail til monday so these next few days are going to be rough

jpin22

Postby jpin22 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:59 pm

Are you sure it was the 2nd and not the 6th?

teddy315

Postby teddy315 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:03 pm

scratch that, i was under review by committee on 3/2 and then DIT on 3/6

dslslave

Postby dslslave » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:41 pm

Under review by committee on 3/5
Reviewed by committee; decision pending today 3/13 :(

Waitlist sucks, but I suppose it is better than flat out rejection.

Would it be bad to write an e-mail to the dean of admissions and express my continued interest? I really need to make housing arrangements for Fall and it would be nice to know what city i'll be living in.

Anyone know the shortest and longest possible time that they can let you know whether youre in or out?????

Mikey1

Postby Mikey1 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:44 pm

dslslave wrote:Under review by committee on 3/5

Would it be bad to write an e-mail to the dean of admissions and express my continued interest? I really need to make housing arrangements for Fall and it would be nice to know what city i'll be living in.

Anyone know the shortest and longest possible time that they can let you know whether youre in or out?????

Same here as far as decision is concerned. If one is accepted how do you find out? Via e-mail? Phone call? Snail mail?

How do you know it is a WL/rejection?

Lily

Postby Lily » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:55 pm

Wait until you know if you're waitlisted/on hold, then write a letter of continued interest. It's not bad at all. It si a common course of action and shows the school that you are truly interested in attending. Address the letter to the person (or persons) from whom you receive the WL/hold letter. Search TLS for LOCI for examples of what to say/how to phrase your letter. Good luck!

jackie611590

Postby jackie611590 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:13 pm

Mikey1 wrote:

Same here as far as decision is concerned. If one is accepted how do you find out? Via e-mail? Phone call? Snail mail?

How do you know it is a WL/rejection?

In today via snail mail. "Under review by committee" on 3/2. Went "decision in transit" on 3/6. In state, GPA 25%, LSAT over 75%, non URM. Good luck everyone!

tknlacrosse

Postby tknlacrosse » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:22 pm

Hey everyone... I'm new to the forum. I've only been following on here for the past few days. I'm stuck on campus for spring break for lacrosse which gives me a lottt of free time to stalk LSN, status checkers, etc... Anyway, I've been reviewed; decision pending on status checker since 3/5. Someone earlier suggested that means your on hold, or waitlisted... can anyone confirm?

ShadowRabbit

Postby ShadowRabbit » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:32 pm

Wonderful, was under review on 3/2, then under review again on 3/5 and now the dreaded "Reviewed by committee; decision pending"

Well this just plain sucks.

tknlacrosse

Postby tknlacrosse » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:51 pm

ShadowRabbit wrote:Wonderful, was under review on 3/2, then under review again on 3/5 and now the dreaded "Reviewed by committee; decision pending"

but what does it mean?!

Rocky Estoppel

Postby Rocky Estoppel » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:20 am

ShadowRabbit wrote:Wonderful, was under review on 3/2, then under review again on 3/5 and now the dreaded "Reviewed by committee; decision pending"

+1 here too.

I really hope to get a decision before deposit deadlines.

Oddjob787

Postby Oddjob787 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:48 am

I just got back from spring break and I got my acceptance letter in the mail. Dated 3/9, arrived 3/11. I was complete 2/26 and under review til 3/6. Listed in transit on 3/6. Good luck everyone else!

ShadowRabbit

Postby ShadowRabbit » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:46 am

tknlacrosse wrote:

but what does it mean?!

The prevailing theory is its a waitlist at best, rejection at the worst. To my knowledge, so far, no one has gotten "decision pending" and been accepted. :(

Floria was my target school, its where I wanted to go. No clue what to do now.

LSATfromNC

Postby LSATfromNC » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:49 am

ShadowRabbit wrote:
tknlacrosse wrote:

but what does it mean?!

The prevailing theory is its a waitlist at best, rejection at the worst. To my knowledge, so far, no one has gotten "decision pending" and been accepted. :(

Floria was my target school, its where I wanted to go. No clue what to do now.

There have been a few people with decision pending who were accepted. Proof is somewhere near the middle of this thread.

ShadowRabbit

Postby ShadowRabbit » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:58 pm

Eh guess that raises my hopes a bit, not by much.

sweatervest

Postby sweatervest » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:21 pm

I think all of us "Reviewed: Decision Pending" folks just have to wait this one out. I know it is agonizing, but I truly don't think it means "waitlist" or "rejection." We knew from the beginning that most responses were going to be sent out late March to early April - all it means is that our numbers don't make us auto-admits. They're stringing us along, but I'm sure a number of us will be admitted in the end. For the record, I have been R:DP since 2/19, with a 3.3 GPA and 164 LSAT in state. These are not auto-admit numbers, but I will be genuinely surprised if I am outright rejected.

uncle mike

Postby uncle mike » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:36 pm

sweatervest wrote:I think all of us "Reviewed: Decision Pending" folks just have to wait this one out. I know it is agonizing, but I truly don't think it means "waitlist" or "rejection." We knew from the beginning that most responses were going to be sent out late March to early April - all it means is that our numbers don't make us auto-admits. They're stringing us along, but I'm sure a number of us will be admitted in the end. For the record, I have been R:DP since 2/19, with a 3.3 GPA and 164 LSAT in state. These are not auto-admit numbers, but I will be genuinely surprised if I am outright rejected.

Been R:DP since 1/22. 164/3.2/non-URM/OOS (but former long term resident) and expecting waitlist/rejection.

sweatervest

Postby sweatervest » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:25 pm

Looking at the latest LSN results for UF, it seems that the vast majority of people who were recently rejected either have LSAT scores under 160 or GPA's under 3.0. The only people to be accepted recently either have extremely high LSAT's or extremely high GPA's. They can't reject/waitlist ALL of us in the middle. That's why I think they're just waiting until very late in the cycle to send out the majority of the decisions.

jpin22

Postby jpin22 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:37 pm

After being unable to check my mail for a few days, I got in today via snail mail. This is pretty much my first choice. Good luck to those still waiting

Edge427

Postby Edge427 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:58 pm

jpin22 wrote:After being unable to check my mail for a few days, I got in today via snail mail. This is pretty much my first choice. Good luck to those still waiting

Congratulations!

flhealth

Postby flhealth » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:18 pm

jpin22 wrote:After being unable to check my mail for a few days, I got in today via snail mail. This is pretty much my first choice. Good luck to those still waiting

cool dude...happy for you....that means that batch was a mixed bag

jpin22

Postby jpin22 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:37 am

Thanks I appreciate it. Yeah I think the theory on the acceptances taking longer to be sent out was true. Everyone ive talked to whose decision was dated the 9th got in.

savanna

Postby savanna » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:54 am

Who else is in the 2/6 R,DP batch...and is quickly losing their mind?! Here's to finding out good news sometime this MONTH :?

jms31

Postby jms31 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:01 am

On 3/13 I went to "Reviewed by Committee:Decision Pending". It appears some on here seem to know what this means can you help me out. I'm going to think with the change in status being on Friday the 13th the ultimate decision isn't going to go my way, but...

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”