University of Florida

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
The Zeppelin

Re: University of Florida

Postby The Zeppelin » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:19 pm

acfrahm wrote:I have been in the status of All Required Documents received since the middle of November. I called the office today and some girl who said she does not really deal with the law school told me I needed to send my UG transcripts directly to Florida. Did anyone else do this? Has anyone else been in this status for an unbelievably long time? Please let me know as soon as possible.

Sounds like she doesn't know what she's doing.

green918

Postby green918 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:57 pm

acfrahm wrote:I have been in the status of All Required Documents received since the middle of November. I called the office today and some girl who said she does not really deal with the law school told me I needed to send my UG transcripts directly to Florida. Did anyone else do this? Has anyone else been in this status for an unbelievably long time? Please let me know as soon as possible.

You don't have to send your transcripts separately from your LSAC report. It sounds like you didn't speak with the most knowledgeable person.

acfrahm

Postby acfrahm » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:14 pm

Thanks, I emailed the admissions office and found out I was fine. I guess the girl just wanted to make me freak out for about half an hour.

eagleeye

Postby eagleeye » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:22 pm

I sent my app in last Tuesday, Jan. 6. I have yet to receive an email telling me I am complete or how to pay the app fee. I know the priority deadline is Jan. 15. Since I have already sent in my app but have not yet gone complete, am I considered as a priority applicant?

The Zeppelin

Postby The Zeppelin » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:24 pm

Yes. Only the application is needed by Jan 15th.

gatorfan787

Postby gatorfan787 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:42 pm

Gatorgirl... I just checked todays mail and it was in there! You should be getting yours soon, good luck...not that you need it w/ your numbers.

:D

apere054

Postby apere054 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:40 pm

Aaaaahhh...today I checked my status and it went blank so my heart skipped a beat and I thought I would be getting my decision soon. Now I checked it and it said that I'm still under review. This is so frustrating...I applied in October.

I really just want them to let me know if I got in or not (preferably that I got in). :(

rbgrocio

Postby rbgrocio » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:43 pm

apere054 wrote:Aaaaahhh...today I checked my status and it went blank so my heart skipped a beat and I thought I would be getting my decision soon. Now I checked it and it said that I'm still under review. This is so frustrating...I applied in October.

I really just want them to let me know if I got in or not (preferably that I got in). :(

I called today, and they said we won't know till March or so! I thought it was weird

flhealth

Postby flhealth » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:10 pm

i wonder if they are going to give each application the intense examination they usually do since they are so far behind or will there be more than usual auto rejects coming....

Gatorgirl15

Postby Gatorgirl15 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:16 pm

gatorfan787 wrote:Gatorgirl... I just checked todays mail and it was in there! You should be getting yours soon, good luck...not that you need it w/ your numbers.

:D

Thanks! Good news, I assume? If so CONGRATS!!!

Nothing in the mail today....hopefully tomorrow 8)

jennylynn

Postby jennylynn » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:18 pm

So, I'm annoyed. I tried to login with the username and password that UF sent me and it won't work.
:x
None of my interactions with this school have gone as planned. Despite being a huge Gator fan, I'm not thrilled with UF Law so far.

ajf110577

Postby ajf110577 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:12 pm

jennylynn wrote:So, I'm annoyed. I tried to login with the username and password that UF sent me and it won't work.
None of my interactions with this school have gone as planned. Despite being a huge Gator fan, I'm not thrilled with UF Law so far.

I don't think you're alone in this. I've seen more gripes on this board about UF than any other school. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that the state of Florida spends less on education per resident than any other state in the country. Or maybe it's just coincidence.

The Zeppelin

Postby The Zeppelin » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:17 pm

That stat doesn't say too much though. They have a large number of old people that move to the state late in their lives.

labellavita

Postby labellavita » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:55 pm

So, I'm annoyed. I tried to login with the username and password that UF sent me and it won't work.

Mine works. You should call them.

I have more beef with Florida State than UF. Florida State, you SUCK. I applied before Christmas...and have heard jacksh** from them. I called this week and the lady told me that I'd "hopefully be complete in two weeks." What the hell...so slow...

green918

Postby green918 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:17 pm

labellavita wrote:

I have more beef with Florida State than UF. Florida State, you SUCK. I applied before Christmas...and have heard jacksh** from them. I called this week and the lady told me that I'd "hopefully be complete in two weeks." What the hell...so slow...

Being undergrad at UF, I didn't have high expectations for my interactions with them and so far they're pretty much meeting that, but nothing too terrible.

I've actually had a much more pleasant experience with Florida State. I went complete almost immediately but it was about two months until I heard anything back from them. Maybe the volume of apps have gone up after Christmas? I've heard that they are generally pretty slow with the reviewing process, but they've been much more helpful with information than UF.

afx

Postby afx » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:06 pm

Does anyone know if it is mandatory to fill out the supplemental information/residency info website before they can give you a decision? My status checker says all documents received, but I haven't filled out additional stuff on the site.

labellavita

Postby labellavita » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:08 pm

Does anyone know if it is mandatory to fill out the supplemental information/residency info website before they can give you a decision? The status checker says all documents received, but I haven't filled out additional stuff on the site.

If I remember correctly, you must fill that out immediately (the residency form and the supplemental stuff mentioned in the email they send requesting your app fee). Your app won't be complete otherwise.

jennylynn

Postby jennylynn » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:42 pm

Well, Florida sent me an acceptance letter today. I guess the turnover wasn't that long, but it was annoying to not be able to log in. lol

Gatorgirl15

Postby Gatorgirl15 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:48 pm

jennylynn wrote:Well, Florida sent me an acceptance letter today. I guess the turnover wasn't that long, but it was annoying to not be able to log in. lol

CONGRATS! I hope to have something from them in my mailbox when I get home tonight.

When was your status updated with decision in transit?

atlantalaw

Postby atlantalaw » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:57 pm

congrats jennylynn!

midrangejumper

Postby midrangejumper » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:19 pm

anyone elses username/password not working?

midrangejumper

Postby midrangejumper » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:27 pm

jennylynn wrote:So, I'm annoyed. I tried to login with the username and password that UF sent me and it won't work.

did you ever figure out what was wrong? did it ever work for you?

js87

Postby js87 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:38 pm

I'm still "under review by committee". Went complete on 11/26, with LSAT just above median and GPA above median. I feel like they've forgotten me. There doesn't appear to be much rhyme or reason to the order in which they send decisions.

rbgrocio

Postby rbgrocio » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:54 pm

labellavita wrote:

Your username is the title of my favorite movie.

jennylynn

Postby jennylynn » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:39 pm

midrangejumper wrote:anyone elses username/password not working?

No, I stopped trying to log in when I got my acceptance letter today. lol

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”