University of Florida Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ShiftyPig

Bronze

Re: University of Florida

Post by ShiftyPig » Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:51 pm

I never disagreed with the point - I disagreed with the means by which you reached that point. You were citing OCI data. I pointed out why OCI data isn't reliable. You got offended.

If you don't see the difference there, you're in for a rough ride.

Edit, since TOTP: if anyone has any genuine questions that you don't want derailed by Lomax, feel free to PM me. Lord knows I'm not the grand-TLS poobah, but I'm not going to loiter in this thread when there's a consistent history of trying to pick fights over post history.

Lomax

Bronze

Post by Lomax » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:28 pm

ShiftyPig wrote:I never disagreed with the point - I disagreed with the means by which you reached that point. You were citing OCI data. I pointed out why OCI data isn't reliable. You got offended.

Edit, since TOTP: if anyone has any genuine questions that you don't want derailed by Lomax, feel free to PM me. Lord knows I'm not the grand-TLS poobah, but I'm not going to loiter in this thread when there's a consistent history of trying to pick fights over post history.
You know what - for the good of this thread, let's just end this. I would also suggest that, for the good of this thread, you get off your high horse and apologize to the people you've offended instead of continuing to make yourself out to be the one wronged when it is has been made abundantly clear that you haven't been. If you can't do that, then you're going to be the one in for a rough ride.

Emma1

Silver

Post by Emma1 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:38 am

Lomax wrote:
ShiftyPig wrote:I never disagreed with the point - I disagreed with the means by which you reached that point. You were citing OCI data. I pointed out why OCI data isn't reliable. You got offended.

You know what - for the good of this thread, let's just end this. I would also suggest that, for the good of this thread, you get off your high horse and apologize to the people you've offended instead of continuing to make yourself out to be the one wronged when it is has been made abundantly clear that you haven't been. If you can't do that, then you're going to be the one in for a rough ride.

Really for the good of the thread you should stop this too.

DownandOutTally

New

Post by DownandOutTally » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:56 am

Okei dokei then, to change the subject;

Has anyone figured out what the 4/1 DLIT may be, i.e. waitlists, denials, acceptances (!), or a mix bag?

Jaggles

New

Post by Jaggles » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:00 am

Emma1 wrote:
Lomax wrote:

The best post I have seen on this thread in several days.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Moose Thompson

Bronze

Post by Moose Thompson » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:33 am

For the good of this thread I'm going to start posting more. Taking questions, and go.

badpixie

Bronze

Post by badpixie » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:44 am

DownandOutTally wrote:Okei dokei then, to change the subject;

Has anyone figured out what the 4/1 DLIT may be, i.e. waitlists, denials, acceptances (!), or a mix bag?
DLIT 4/1 - Acceptance packet arrived 4/5.

badpixie

Bronze

Post by badpixie » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:48 am

GatorBait09 wrote:Just something general some of you may be interested in:

I emailed one of the professors on the admissions council about financial aid and he replied that they are still giving out merit-based scholarships on a weekly basis and will be doing so through at least the end of May. Apparently they meet once a week, review some apps, and give out some money where they see fit.

Just wanted to give some of you hope who haven't seen any $ yet.
Can anyone who got a merit scholarship give an idea how long it took to arrive after the acceptance letter?

DallasCowboy

Silver

Post by DallasCowboy » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:49 pm

badpixie wrote:
Can anyone who got a merit scholarship give an idea how long it took to arrive after the acceptance letter?
Congrats! Mine came about a week or so after. Acceptance went to my permanent, and the other to my current address for some reason.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

maroe

New

Post by maroe » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:13 pm

DLIT 4/1 Letter arrived on 4/5 waitlisted.

eros

New

Post by eros » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:15 pm

DLIT 4/1, Arrived 4/5- Accepted.

JCougar

Gold

Post by JCougar » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:56 pm

Does anyone think that mentioning my February LSAT score increase in my LOCI would be a faux pas? I applied through the primary pool, and the lady answering the phones in the admissions office said that the only way they would consider it would be if I applied next year. I'm not sure the admissions committee would take the same attitude, however.

Emma1

Silver

Post by Emma1 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:38 pm

I would mention it in my LOCI if I was in your position!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Lomax

Bronze

Post by Lomax » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Emma1 wrote:
Lomax wrote:

If by "this" you mean continue on with that subject, then I will stop, gladly - as I so implied in the very post you impulsively quoted.
JCougar wrote:Does anyone think that mentioning my February LSAT score increase in my LOCI would be a faux pas? I applied through the primary pool, and the lady answering the phones in the admissions office said that the only way they would consider it would be if I applied next year. I'm not sure the admissions committee would take the same attitude, however.
Nice to see that you aren't giving up. I would definitely not hold back; mention and highlight your February LSAT score as testament to your determination to get into UF. Also make a strong case for why you should be considered for the secondary pool, even though you originally applied for the primary pool, maybe given that you need to go to law school this coming fall. Best of luck.

anders08

New

Post by anders08 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:29 pm

Has anyone gotten a merit based scholarship offer in the last few weeks? I was accepted back end of January (162, 3.83) and am holding out hope for a scholarship. I know my numbers arent outstanding, but I was hoping for something. There have been some non-urms with similar numbers to receive some type of award.

Also, does anyone find it odd that they are still giving out acceptances? There were some people in the 3/16 and 3/17 DLIT group that had some stellar numbers, and I'm trying to figure out some type of reasoning here.

DownandOutTally

New

Post by DownandOutTally » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:48 pm

DLIT 4/1 - Waitlisted 4/5

Woefully yours,
DownandOutTally

farewelltoarms

New

Post by farewelltoarms » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:22 pm

Hey I don't want to stoke any flames in here, but did any of ya'll hear about the new senate bill designating a ''flagship university'' in Florida? I received an email earlier today sent to all FSU alumni asking for me to express my disapproval of Senate Bill 2442 to my legislator. Apparently, if the bill passes, UF is going to be known as the ''flagship'' university in the state, with whatever privileges that may entail.

How does this effect us soon to be UF Law students? Well, although the US. News rankings or whatever its called won't change, the university may receive greater scholarship funds to distribute to its students, perhaps including us law students.

http://www.flsenate.gov/data/session/20 ... /s2442.pdf

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Jaggles

New

Post by Jaggles » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:26 pm

farewelltoarms wrote:Hey I don't want to stoke any flames in here, but did any of ya'll hear about the new senate bill designating a ''flagship university'' in Florida? I received an email earlier today sent to all FSU alumni asking for me to express my disapproval of Senate Bill 2442 to my legislator. Apparently, if the bill passes, UF is going to be known as the ''flagship'' university in the state, with whatever privileges that may entail.

How does this effect us soon to be UF Law students? Well, although the US. News rankings or whatever its called won't change, the university may receive greater scholarship funds to distribute to its students, perhaps including us law students.

It is my understanding the legislation does not name a flagship university. Instead, it establishes criteria to become a flagship. UF happens to be the only university that meets the criteria at this time.

farewelltoarms

New

Post by farewelltoarms » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:00 pm

Jaggles wrote:
farewelltoarms wrote:Hey I don't want to stoke any flames in here, but did any of ya'll hear about the new senate bill designating a ''flagship university'' in Florida? I received an email earlier today sent to all FSU alumni asking for me to express my disapproval of Senate Bill 2442 to my legislator. Apparently, if the bill passes, UF is going to be known as the ''flagship'' university in the state, with whatever privileges that may entail.

It is my understanding the legislation does not name a flagship university. Instead, it establishes criteria to become a flagship. UF happens to be the only university that meets the criteria at this time.
Yea your right, it doesn't name UF as the flagship university. However, I don't think there can be multiple flagships at once, and if UF does become the flagship, we all know how entrenched university rankings are.

Jaggles

New

Post by Jaggles » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:02 pm

farewelltoarms wrote:
Jaggles wrote:

Yea your right, it doesn't name UF as the flagship university. However, I don't think there can be multiple flagships at once, and if UF does become the flagship, we all know how entrenched university rankings are.
Nothing in the legislation prevents multiple schools qualifying. I suspect, don't know, USF is closer than fsu due to funding. USF especially with its medical school funding appears closer to meeting the criteria. The point is, however, nothing prevents any of the state universities from qualifying IF they meet the criteria.

Emma1

Silver

Post by Emma1 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:37 pm

Lomax wrote:
Emma1 wrote:
Lomax wrote:

If by "this" you mean continue on with that subject, then I will stop, gladly - as I so implied in the very post you impulsively quoted.
JCougar wrote:Does anyone think that mentioning my February LSAT score increase in my LOCI would be a faux pas? I applied through the primary pool, and the lady answering the phones in the admissions office said that the only way they would consider it would be if I applied next year. I'm not sure the admissions committee would take the same attitude, however.

Nice to see that you aren't giving up. I would definitely not hold back; mention and highlight your February LSAT score as testament to your determination to get into UF. Also make a strong case for why you should be considered for the secondary pool, even though you originally applied for the primary pool, maybe given that you need to go to law school this coming fall. Best of luck.
I "impulsively" quoted, LOL! You really need an attitude adjustment! Try following your own advice and just stop.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Lomax

Bronze

Post by Lomax » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:15 pm

Emma1 wrote:There seem to be plenty of faux experts on this forum :shock:
Emma1 wrote:It would be nice to get back on topic.
Emma1 wrote:Really for the good of the thread you should stop this too.
Emma1 wrote:You really need an attitude adjustment! Try following your own advice and just stop.

Now, Emma1, try following your own advice and just stop. :lol: (I was done with you and that whole exchange as of my posting my previous message, as I had clearly indicated, and I will consider myself so again from now on, unless you choose to stir the pot back up with more finger-wagging nonsense)

Great news indeed. Hopefully the bill will pass and increase the existing advantage graduating from UF gives one when seeking legal employment in Florida.

Emma1

Silver

Post by Emma1 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:30 pm

Looking at this post and your many past ones you really have a problem with the way you treat people! You sound quite immature!!!!! Hopefully you will grow up when you attend UF:) Back on thread topic please

JCougar

Gold

Post by JCougar » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:33 pm

--ImageRemoved--

WhatToDo21

New

Post by WhatToDo21 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:46 pm

Uf has disappointed me a little with their unwillingness to improve their scholarship offer... I really wanted to go to Uf but i cant justify it with a better scholarship from a top 20 school.. Good luck at Uf next fall everyone im a little sad i wont be joining

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”