University of Florida Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
SAE

Silver

Re: University of Florida

Post by SAE » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:38 am

kickincane21 wrote:So...anyone who had letter in transit on 2/2 hear yet? Is it an acceptance group or WL group? can't imagine its flat out rejection.
It's not that quick. Letters come in postmarked several days after the DIT status change.

lawduder

Bronze

Post by lawduder » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:38 am

kickincane21 wrote:So...anyone who had letter in transit on 2/2 hear yet? Is it an acceptance group or WL group? can't imagine its flat out rejection.
At least according to LSN, UF hasn't actually waitlisted or rejected anyone yet, it's all be acceptances... There's one goofball on the graph that's a waitlist but it's from the previous cycle.

gatorjax

New

Post by gatorjax » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:55 pm

ram jam

Bronze

Post by ram jam » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:03 pm

Still on hold, "Decision Pending". Anyone else?

samer

Bronze

Post by samer » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:10 pm

ram jam wrote:Still on hold, "Decision Pending". Anyone else?
Same...since 12/3. Sucks

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

fcowrx

Bronze

Post by fcowrx » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:41 pm

Been "under review" since 1/22. How long does it usually take to go from under review to decision rendered?
Last edited by fcowrx on Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jlnoa0915

Bronze

Post by jlnoa0915 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:43 pm

ram jam wrote:Still on hold, "Decision Pending". Anyone else?
since 12/17

lawduder

Bronze

Post by lawduder » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:47 pm

fcowrx wrote:Been "under review" since 1/22. How long does it usually take to go from under review to decision rendered?
1/13 "under review" then 1/22 "letter in transit" for me

alanabanana

New

Post by alanabanana » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:44 pm

Just to let everyone know I have had "reviewed by committee decision pending" since 12/3. I'm dying here. I've already been accepted on scholarship to FSU & UM but I really want to go to UF since I have been at FSU all undergrad. I just called up the office and they pretty much can't tell me ANYTHING about ANYTHING. going crazy. :twisted:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

J-tow10

Bronze

Post by J-tow10 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:53 pm

alanabanana wrote:Just to let everyone know I have had "reviewed by committee decision pending" since 12/3. I'm dying here. I've already been accepted on scholarship to FSU & UM but I really want to go to UF since I have been at FSU all undergrad. I just called up the office and they pretty much can't tell me ANYTHING about ANYTHING. going crazy. :twisted:
+1

Another 12/3 here too

alanabanana

New

Post by alanabanana » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:59 pm

what're your numbers? i thought mine were good but damnn this is taking so longggg

spitfire935

New

Post by spitfire935 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:13 pm

Still waiting from 12/3. The email for prospective students last sent says they hope to have all decisions out by 4/1 to give us plenty of time to make a decision. By then, I plan to have either already accepted a school or come close, not look at a new school altogether. Get on the ball UF!

bqaggieboy09

New

Post by bqaggieboy09 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:52 pm

I've been "decision pending" since 12/11. Ugh.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

alanabanana

New

Post by alanabanana » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:26 pm

I read that as well, about April 1st. Why don't they know that I have to have my decision in to both UM and FSU by then on whether I'm going or not? UF feels as though they are above everyone else it seems. Why am I so hung up on them?

gatorlion

Bronze

Post by gatorlion » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:35 pm

Last edited by gatorlion on Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

alanabanana

New

Post by alanabanana » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:45 pm

gatorlion wrote:
alanabanana wrote:I read that as well, about April 1st. Why don't they know that I have to have my decision in to both UM and FSU by then on whether I'm going or not? UF feels as though they are above everyone else it seems. Why am I so hung up on them?
Because it's the best school in the state and until FSU passes it (or their football team finally puts up a fight) UF will keep a lady waiting...

ohhh burn..
well i can't argue with statistics. but i must say, i did get accepted to UF undergrad.. I just wasn't feeling it when I went to visit colleges. Jorts wearings elitists weren't my style @ the time. I've become more open minded as the years have gone on though...hahahahha

gatorlion

Bronze

Post by gatorlion » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:53 pm

Last edited by gatorlion on Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

alanabanana

New

Post by alanabanana » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:01 pm

gatorlion wrote:
alanabanana wrote:
gatorlion wrote:
alanabanana wrote:I read that as well, about April 1st. Why don't they know that I have to have my decision in to both UM and FSU by then on whether I'm going or not? UF feels as though they are above everyone else it seems. Why am I so hung up on them?
Because it's the best school in the state and until FSU passes it (or their football team finally puts up a fight) UF will keep a lady waiting...

ohhh burn..
well i can't argue with statistics. but i must say, i did get accepted to UF undergrad.. I just wasn't feeling it when I went to visit colleges. Jorts wearings elitists weren't my style @ the time. I've become more open minded as the years have gone on though...hahahahha
I swear, we take so much heat for the few bad apples (many of which were friends of mine from SoFla) who wear jorts, but UF is clearly the best school in the state, and the elitism stems from the beautiful ivy-clad gothic architecture, not the frat guys wearing polo shirts, cargo shorts, and Oakleys on croakies. I'm always curious why people would ever choose FSU over UF if they were admitted to both for undergrad. That would be like picking Washington State over UW or UC Riverside over UCLA. At any rate, you now have an opportunity to redeem yourself for your understandable mistake made at 17 years of age. Go Gators!

Edit: Not to mention the fact that the Governor even referred to UF as the state's flagship university.
not going to argue with statistics, once again. But, our governor attended FSU. UF is the highest grossing university in the sense that it brings in the most revenue as a university and for the state. I chose FSU because if you went to an institution and got the vibe that I got when I was there, you wouldn't be there either. I felt right at home in FSU. And I must disagree with you on one thing. The architecture at FSU is far beyond anything UF has. This is the most beautiful college in Florida. But yes, sports and education wise, UF has us beat. But, if I had to make the decision again, I would choose the same path. An internship at the Capitol for four years straight during session is something I wouldn't give up for the world.

gatorlion

Bronze

Post by gatorlion » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:14 pm

Ok so UF > FSU in almost every conceivable way, that much we agree. But the most beautiful architecture in Florida? There are two schools that come to mind:

University of Tampa
--ImageRemoved--

Flagler College

nolefan

New

Post by nolefan » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:15 pm

gatorlion wrote:
alanabanana wrote:
gatorlion wrote:

ohhh burn..
I swear, we take so much heat for the few bad apples (many of which were friends of mine from SoFla) who wear jorts, but UF is clearly the best school in the state, and the elitism stems from the beautiful ivy-clad gothic architecture, not the frat guys wearing polo shirts, cargo shorts, and Oakleys on croakies. I'm always curious why people would ever choose FSU over UF if they were admitted to both for undergrad. That would be like picking Washington State over UW or UC Riverside over UCLA. At any rate, you now have an opportunity to redeem yourself for your understandable mistake made at 17 years of age. Go Gators!

Edit: Not to mention the fact that the Governor even referred to UF as the state's flagship university.

People don't choose UF because of people like you who actually believe they are better. Are you kidding me. I chose FSU over UF and have achieved way more than some of my freinds at UF. The only people who think UF is so much better are UF students and Alumni.

Tuyarp

Bronze

Post by Tuyarp » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:17 pm

I don't think UF law is better than FSU law. Right now they're about equal.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

nolefan

New

Post by nolefan » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:18 pm

Also, UF is has one of the most unappealing campuses in the southeast. From what I hear, thats the reason many people decline to attend. It is a good school, no doubt, but get over yourself.

gatorlion

Bronze

Post by gatorlion » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:21 pm

Last edited by gatorlion on Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

alanabanana

New

Post by alanabanana » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:27 pm

gatorlion wrote:Ok so UF > FSU in almost every conceivable way, that much we agree. But the most beautiful architecture in Florida? There are two schools that come to mind:

University of Tampa
--ImageRemoved--

Flagler College

WELL i do not agree with u. In every way? Now that you're bringing up arbitrary reasons on why one school is better than the other... let me say one thing. PULL ANY RANDOM GIRL FROM UF AND PUT HER NEXT TO ANY RANDOM GIRL FROM FSU. THEN PULL ANY RANDOM GUY FROM UF AND PUT HIM NEXT TO ANY RANDOM GUY FROM UF. you wanna talk about whats better? OUR SCENERY ALL TOGETHER.
you guys for the most part are stuck up, horrifyingly ugly, dorks (plainly stated).
and as far as the law schools go, uf is 51, fsu is 52 AND in the capitol. the only reason i'm considering UF is because seven years anywhere doesn't sound appealing to me.
GET OVER YOURSELF. you're a large reason why people don't choose UF.

Tuyarp

Bronze

Post by Tuyarp » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:30 pm

Come on, people. Let's keep it civil. After all, 'Noles and Gators will have to work together once they become attorneys.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”