University of Florida Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
apere054

New

Re: University of Florida

Post by apere054 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:57 pm

js87 wrote:I'm still "under review by committee". Went complete on 11/26, with LSAT just above median and GPA above median. I feel like they've forgotten me. There doesn't appear to be much rhyme or reason to the order in which they send decisions.
Boo me too. I also get this strange fear that maybe my application has been placed in a forgotten drawer and is trying to fight its way out. Oh well...patience is a virtue, no?

midrangejumper

Bronze

Post by midrangejumper » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:59 pm

if there is anyone else that had issues with the status checker/username/password please tell me what you did to correct the issue!

Gatorgirl15

New

Post by Gatorgirl15 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:01 am

Yet another day gone by without the mysterious decision that UF supposedly sent out on the 8th! Seriously, I know the mail isn't that slow.

dcisneat

New

Post by dcisneat » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:44 pm

Got a package from them today (dated 1/9).

green918

New

Post by green918 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:08 pm

Is anyone planning on going to accepted student's day in February? I got an e-mail about it yesterday.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Gatorgirl15

New

Post by Gatorgirl15 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:19 pm

dcisneat wrote:Got a package from them today (dated 1/9).
Where do you live? Are you in the south? If my decision isn't there by the time I get home tonight, I may scream.

Edit: Also, CONGRATULATIONS!
green918 wrote:Is anyone planning on going to accepted student's day in February? I got an e-mail about it yesterday.
If I get in, I'm sure I'll go, but that would require any decision actually reaching me.

green918

New

Post by green918 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:39 pm

Gatorgirl15 wrote: If I get in, I'm sure I'll go, but that would require any decision actually reaching me.
I'm sure it's coming soon! Do you currently live in Gainesville (just guessing based on the "gatorgirl" thing)?
I live a few blocks from the law school and I got my acceptance days after people who lived in other cities.

Gatorgirl15

New

Post by Gatorgirl15 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:43 am

green918 wrote:
Gatorgirl15 wrote: If I get in, I'm sure I'll go, but that would require any decision actually reaching me.
I'm sure it's coming soon! Do you currently live in Gainesville (just guessing based on the "gatorgirl" thing)?
I live a few blocks from the law school and I got my acceptance days after people who lived in other cities.

I finally got my decision, and I'm in, so I'm going to try and attend ASW. I live in DC. It was dated Jan 8, but I just got it yesterday. Better late than never!

HenryDavid

New

Post by HenryDavid » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:29 pm

green918 wrote:Is anyone planning on going to accepted student's day in February? I got an e-mail about it yesterday.
Didn't get that e-mail, but I will definitely be there. What were the dates listed in your e-mail?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ShadowRabbit

New

Post by ShadowRabbit » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:48 pm

ajf110577 wrote:
jennylynn wrote:So, I'm annoyed. I tried to login with the username and password that UF sent me and it won't work.
:x
None of my interactions with this school have gone as planned. Despite being a huge Gator fan, I'm not thrilled with UF Law so far.
I don't think you're alone in this. I've seen more gripes on this board about UF than any other school. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that the state of Florida spends less on education per resident than any other state in the country. Or maybe it's just coincidence.

I went to a law school forum in DC while I was interning up there and was surprised by the enthusiasm of all the schools representatives that talked to me. This was before I took the LSAT and I just new I had a horrible GPA and even expressed that to schools like Georgetown who were very upbeat, positive, said "write an addendum, you never know", etc.

Then I went to the University of Florida table, the school I probably am most likely to go to, and got the coldest shoulder. Even my girlfriend who was with me at the time was like "wtf was that about". And I mentioned I was from Florida too, so you had to at least figure I wasn't wasting the guys time. Georgetown I was probably wasting their time and they were indulging me. Florida acted like if I passed out right in front of their table, they would turn to the Fordham table and ask "are you gonna take care of that?"

I really hope that, plus the very convoluted application system are more reminiscent of their admissions then the faculty and the level of education, cause I really do want to go there, but so far no interaction with them has been pleasant.

Silver

Post by 06072010 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:44 pm

I really hope that, plus the very convoluted application system are more reminiscent of their admissions then the faculty and the level of education, cause I really do want to go there, but so far no interaction with them has been pleasant.
I do think that the admissions staff is far more screwed up compared to the faculty. They are great professors, and some are absolute powerhouses in their field. Lyrissa Lidsky is a stud in John Doe Defamation, Michael Allen Wolf is the editor of Powell on Property -- the treatise for Property.

geoanthem

Bronze

Post by geoanthem » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:47 pm

Everything has gone pretty well for me. They notified me that my resume was missing which I faxed to them and called them to make sure it was received. That was yesterday, and today they sent me the supplemental information and application fee which I filled out earlier. My app is now complete and I got the login, which is working fine. I'm out of state with a 164 and 3.43, how long should I be expecting to wait for a decision? Thanks.

green918

New

Post by green918 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:08 pm

HenryDavid wrote:
Didn't get that e-mail, but I will definitely be there. What were the dates listed in your e-mail?
The invitation is for Friday, February 20th. I'm pretty sure there are a few different dates that they hold
it as well. They probably try to space them out so that everybody doesn't try to go to the same day.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ksigpresident

New

Post by ksigpresident » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:12 pm

Hey guys if you don't mind me asking, what are your scores gpa/lsat for those that were accepted. Thank you!

gogators

Bronze

Post by gogators » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:13 pm

Just out of curiosity, who on this thread actually goes to UF? Obviously I do but I'm interested to see where people are applying from to come to our little TITLETOWN.

BTW, Green, I like my avatar better lol.

geoanthem

Bronze

Post by geoanthem » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:14 pm

Emory

rch0013

New

Post by rch0013 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:14 pm

I am currently getting my MBA at UF. I was admitted to UF's law school this week.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

midrangejumper

Bronze

Post by midrangejumper » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:15 pm

I really really really really want to go to University of Florida :cry:

hopeforthebest

New

Post by hopeforthebest » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:18 pm

I am in my last semester of undergrad at UF. Applied to the law school, though I must be honest, it is not one of my top choices.

gogators

Bronze

Post by gogators » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:35 pm

hopeforthebest wrote:I am in my last semester of undergrad at UF. Applied to the law school, though I must be honest, it is not one of my top choices.
Don't worry, I'm in my last semester here in GainesVEGAS too. Engineering though, and it's just about on the bottom of my list. Not because I don't like UF, but 5 years of engineering in Gville takes a toll on you, plus I'm from Boston, so a change of scenery is needed.

hannah

New

Post by hannah » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:36 pm

I'm also at UF for undergrad.. I'm almost definitely not staying here for law school.
But I want them to decide already... I've been in review for a month. Grr.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

LSATfromNC

Silver

Post by LSATfromNC » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:42 pm

Winter makes UF look very tempting...

gogators

Bronze

Post by gogators » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:43 pm

LSATfromNC wrote:Winter makes UF look very tempting...
its 46 degrees outside here in Gville right now....

midrangejumper

Bronze

Post by midrangejumper » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:45 pm

gogators wrote:

it's -7 F in michigan sooo ya

gogators

Bronze

Post by gogators » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:46 pm

midrangejumper wrote:
gogators wrote:

it's -7 F in michigan sooo ya
Plus your football team blows unfortunately these days so it must feel like -107

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”