University of Florida Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
kickincane21

Bronze

Re: University of Florida

Post by kickincane21 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:48 pm

Status Changed today to...."Reviewed By Committee - Decision Pending" Any idea of a time frame from this point...I assume it should be pretty quick after they've reviewed it. Also how have people heard (phone call, email, snail mail)?

jlnoa0915

Bronze

Post by jlnoa0915 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:49 pm

kickincane21 wrote:Status Changed today to...."Reviewed By Committee - Decision Pending" Any idea of a time frame from this point...I assume it should be pretty quick after they've reviewed it. Also how have people heard (phone call, email, snail mail)?
ive had that status since 12/17 :(

SAE

Silver

Post by SAE » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:51 pm

kickincane21 wrote:Status Changed today to...."Reviewed By Committee - Decision Pending" Any idea of a time frame from this point...I assume it should be pretty quick after they've reviewed it. Also how have people heard (phone call, email, snail mail)?
Time frame: now - April.
According to LSN, no decisions since 12/18/09.

When did you go under review?

finsthatwin

New

Post by finsthatwin » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:42 pm

i've had that status since 12/11. It seems that everyone has had a quick review turnaround and this status....any hope this month they'll at least make some decisions so these statuses will change or are they waiting to make any more decisions until March?

Moose Thompson

Bronze

Post by Moose Thompson » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:45 pm

Mine changed today as well. Here's hoping it's a short wait! :)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

isaiah6v8

Bronze

Post by isaiah6v8 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:10 pm

Moose Thompson wrote:

Mine changed today as well. Here's hoping it's a short wait! :)
well, one person on here has cited their short wait, however, I have been like that since late Nov. Probably more of a reflection of my numbers than their policy however. Good luck!

SAE

Silver

Post by SAE » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:53 pm

Went Decision Pending today. Under review on 01/11. Hope this does not drag out... :?

SAE

Silver

Post by SAE » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:05 pm

I'm kind of bummed out by this, actually.. :| Was hoping for a quick decision and now it looks like it might be a hold..

If anyone gets out of the DP land or goes straight from review to decision, please post!
Last edited by SAE on Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

mps

New

Post by mps » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:05 pm

I've been at decision pending since 12/8... do all of us who are stuck in UF admissions purgatory have LSAT > 75% but GPA at or below 25%?

this is frustrating!

Also, they sent me a letter asking for further proof of my FL residency, beyond the drivers license/voter registration stuff... anyone else get that? they asked me to list my activities between 12/09-08/10 and dates of physical presence in state of FL. (I am a resident, i live in FL, and i even just served jury duty...)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

horriblegb

Bronze

Post by horriblegb » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:06 pm

SAE wrote:
horriblegb wrote:I have been under review since 12/18
This is pretty discouraging.. But you have to take that ~2 week break into account.

Come on, Gators [admissions committee], get up and go!

I know I do, but I don't want to, i was still waiting during that time, I mean, what is going on? I am not that interesting haha

This is where, before visiting, I think I amy end up, so I am just being upset now haha

SAE

Silver

Post by SAE » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:07 pm

mps wrote:do all of us who are stuck in UF admissions purgatory have LSAT > 75% but GPA at or below 25%?
I am above 75% LSAT and GPA at ~median. Still DP.

Hope they are just waiting for a batch to fill up to send out acceptances..

ram jam

Bronze

Post by ram jam » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:09 pm

I applied last week. My status changed today to reviewed by committee - decision pending. For those that have had this status for a while: Are your numbers competitive? According to last year's cycle, those whose numbers are below auto admit numbers waited until february and march even if they had submitted their apps in september or november.

I am sure that those whose status says, "decision pending" will be in the next batch to be released. When that batch is released is indistinguishable

LoveSaltLife

New

Post by LoveSaltLife » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:11 pm

I have had the decision pending status since November. I called the admission office and was told that decisions will be mailed in March. I am hoping that they meant BY March.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

SAE

Silver

Post by SAE » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:13 pm

LoveSaltLife wrote:I have had the decision pending status since November. I called the admission office and was told that decisions will be mailed in March. I am hoping that they meant BY March.
Calling UF is generally not helpful. Would you mind sharing numbers? [LSN is down]

luckyduck

Bronze

Post by luckyduck » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:48 pm

mps wrote:I've been at decision pending since 12/8... do all of us who are stuck in UF admissions purgatory have LSAT > 75% but GPA at or below 25%?

this is frustrating!

Also, they sent me a letter asking for further proof of my FL residency, beyond the drivers license/voter registration stuff... anyone else get that? they asked me to list my activities between 12/09-08/10 and dates of physical presence in state of FL. (I am a resident, i live in FL, and i even just served jury duty...)

I've been "reviewed by committee; decision pending" since November. I'm a reverse splitter. My GPA is > 75%, LSAT is lower than median.

mps

New

Post by mps » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:38 pm

I wonder if they figure more people will apply ITE given that they're a well known bargain. Maybe they're holding splitters because they think they'll have enough applicants that are significantly higher than both their medians. i hope that's not the case, if that doesn't seem to evil. but poster above brought up good point, last year splitters didn't hear 'til march. booooo.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:41 am

Decision letter in transit. Good stuff.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

lawduder

Bronze

Post by lawduder » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:44 am

rad law wrote:Decision letter in transit. Good stuff.
mind sharing numbers?

jlnoa0915

Bronze

Post by jlnoa0915 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:47 am

At least they finally moved someone's file along.

leraa6587

Bronze

Post by leraa6587 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:55 am

I'm another "reviewed; DP" as of this morning.

I'm roughly at their medians.

lawduder

Bronze

Post by lawduder » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:55 am

leraa6587 wrote:I'm another "reviewed; DP" as of this morning.

when did you go complete?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

missvik218

Silver

Post by missvik218 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:56 am

ram jam wrote:I applied last week. My status changed today to reviewed by committee - decision pending. For those that have had this status for a while: Are your numbers competitive? According to last year's cycle, those whose numbers are below auto admit numbers waited until february and march even if they had submitted their apps in september or november.
Traditional splitter here, thats been my status since 12/11.

leraa6587

Bronze

Post by leraa6587 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:02 pm

lawduder wrote:
leraa6587 wrote:I'm another "reviewed; DP" as of this morning.

when did you go complete?
January 8, 2010- complete

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:15 pm

lawduder wrote:
mind sharing numbers?
Not at all. 167 Sept./168 Dec./3.75. Just went complete on Monday.

ram jam

Bronze

Post by ram jam » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:18 pm

ram jam wrote:I applied last week. My status changed today to reviewed by committee - decision pending. For those that have had this status for a while: Are your numbers competitive? According to last year's cycle, those whose numbers are below auto admit numbers waited until february and march even if they had submitted their apps in september or november.

I am sure that those whose status says, "decision pending" will be in the next batch to be released. When that batch is released is indistinguishable

I was right.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”