University of Florida Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
GoTribe1

New

Re: University of Florida

Post by GoTribe1 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:33 pm

I think the difference between 3/16 and 3/17 matters for sure.

JCougar

Gold

Post by JCougar » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:38 pm

rcharles wrote:DLIT today as well.

I went complete in Nov with a 159/3.9
I've been under review forever.
Then I emailed them letting them know about my Feb. LSAT score of 164.
They returned the email acknowledging the update the next day.
2 days later I am DLIT with what I hope they saw as a 164/3.9...
They explicitly state that the February LSAT score will only be considered for those applicants in the secondary applicant pool. I e-mailed them Monday about the very same thing, as I went from 2.95/162 to a 168. I didn't get a response yet, but I got DLIT 3/16 this morning on my status checker.

My guess is that you would have gotten in anyway with your 3.9, and I would have gotten in anyway with a 162. They're not going to do anything to alienate students that would provide them with great numbers but for they applied too early, such as reject someone they know will be above both medians (like you) if they applied through the secondary pool. At worst, we'll be waitlisted and put on top of the secondary applicant pool (especially you since both of your numbers are good).

J-tow10

Bronze

Post by J-tow10 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:39 pm

No mail here in Michigan. DLIT 3/11.

tigerlilly17

New

Post by tigerlilly17 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:32 pm

No mail here, either...and I only live two hours from UF. :(

GTLAWSCHOOL

Bronze

Post by GTLAWSCHOOL » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:39 pm

In Orlando here and still nothing, I am thinking tom is the day.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Gator2010

New

Post by Gator2010 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:44 pm

I'm DLIT 3/16.

154, 161/3.61

cgsurfari

New

Post by cgsurfari » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:45 pm

DIT 3/11 - nothing in Virginia Beach yet.

chwalker

New

Post by chwalker » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:56 pm

DIT 3/11 Nothing in Naples (Southwest Florida) :/

Hopefully they come on St. Patrick's Day (tomorrow) and bring some luck of the Irish with them! :D

GatorsFTW

New

Post by GatorsFTW » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:02 pm

chwalker wrote:DIT 3/11 Nothing in Naples (Southwest Florida) :/

Hopefully they come on St. Patrick's Day (tomorrow) and bring some luck of the Irish with them! :D
i'm likin the luck of the irish sentiment. i'm a three-eleven, and live about 5 minutes from levin. no news in the mail today. painful.

ps i confirmed today that the 3/11 letters "were mailed friday." i'm more than skeptical.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

cjs20

New

Post by cjs20 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:20 pm

RC/DP since 2/11 - DLIT 3/16

169/2.8

i cant take another waitlist

nbatty

New

Post by nbatty » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:45 pm

I feel FlowB's pain. Same numbers, same RCDP date. Still nothing.

Hope you're in Wes. I know you are on here lurking (or at least Ashley is.)

Emma1

Silver

Post by Emma1 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:48 pm

cjs20 wrote:RC/DP since 2/11 - DLIT 3/16

169/2.8

I don't know what to think of your numbers. Great LSAT but does UF take someone with a 2.8. Unless they are trying to get their LSAT numbers up ( which maybe they are) I would think this is a WL. What do others think of this split?I hope you are an acceptance!

chwalker

New

Post by chwalker » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:51 pm

Emma1 wrote:

169/2.8

I don't know what to think of your numbers. Great LSAT but does UF take someone with a 2.8. Unless they are trying to get their LSAT numbers up ( which maybe they are) I would think this is a WL. What do others think of this split?I hope you are an acceptance!

I don't know. I think they weigh the LSAT more...doesn't every school? That score is amazing. I'm thinking it's an in for sure.

Do you have good softs?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

cjs20

New

Post by cjs20 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:01 am

chwalker wrote:
Emma1 wrote:

169/2.8

I don't know. I think they weigh the LSAT more...doesn't every school? That score is amazing. I'm thinking it's an in for sure.

Do you have good softs?
Nothing too special: I have some good and some bad if you know what I mean. I'm hoping they actually take GPA trends into account because I actually had a 3.8 for the last three years. Thanks for the reassurance!

myq

Bronze

Post by myq » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:40 am

Basically numbers twins with Cjs20, applied early December and DLIT 3/16. Looks like we're in the same boat.

redsquare

New

Post by redsquare » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:24 am

I was accepted in mid February, and received a scholarship award just this past Monday. I was offered 24k over the course of six semesters. My LSAT was not that great, but my GPA is high, my softs are strong, and I am a UM. I really want to go to UF and I think this is a good offer. Does anybody think I should try to negotiate for more, or is this probably the max I would get?

Is anybody else willing to share what they received? I'm curious to see how I compare.

Go Gators! :mrgreen:

Encyclopedia Brown

Silver

Post by Encyclopedia Brown » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:34 am

myq wrote:Basically numbers twins with Cjs20, applied early December and DLIT 3/16. Looks like we're in the same boat.
Sub-3.0 split also, same DLIT date, and I think our boat might be sailing toward Waitlist Island. Hopefully not, though.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Lomax

Bronze

Post by Lomax » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:16 am

xeckosk8trx wrote:Hey everyone,

I called UF this morning and they told me that for those who went D.I.T. on 03/11/2010 the decision batch is mixed. It's a collection of Acceptances, Waitlists, and Denies. Although not so many WL.

I hope this gives some people hope.
Interesting... Very interesting.

If true, it marks an apparent departure from traditional procedure. Also, it has to give the DIT 3/16ers a lot of confidence, for they generally have better numbers than the DIT 3/11ers - some of whom were apparently accepted. Of course, going by xeckosk8trx's statement, the person on the phone could have been telling the truth had there been only two acceptances, two waitlists, and however many rejections.

And then, xeckosk8trx's statement is hearsay. We'll just have to wait and see. That last sentence pretty much sums up how I feel about the 3/16 batch as well. Before xeckosk8trx's revelation, I would have been ready to call 3/16 a mixed batch. But if 3/11 was a mixed batch, then surely 3/16 is all acceptances? However, the 3/16s aren't good enough to all be acceptances.

What would make the most sense to me, at this point, assuming that 3/11 was a mixed batch, would be that 3/11 was mostly rejections with a few waitlists and even fewer acceptances (the rep on the phone didn't want to pull a Lomax and be the bearer of bad news), that 3/16 is also a mixed batch composed almost entirely of waitlists but also including some acceptances, and that 3/17 and beyond will be either waitlists or rejections.

Important to consider is the fact that LSN shows more UF applicants accepted already this year - before the last few batches of decisions - than were accepted last year by the end. This could mean that UF simply doesn't need to board the stragglers to fill the train this year, so to speak. "But wait, isn't it true that a lot more people sign up for LSN every successive year?!" Maybe, maybe not, but from last year to this, the number of listed UF applicants has remained fairly constant.

Also, I find it atrocious that UF does not consider February LSAT scores. The Broncos fan who got screwed because of that should reapply next year and earn some money in the interim if he does not get admitted this year, so that he can be awarded the offer of admission and scholarship money he will certainly get then and deserves.

trialjunky

Silver

Post by trialjunky » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:35 am

3/11 DIT I live in Tampa, 2.5 hours away from UF. No news yet! However, I think it's going to be there today, I'm not feeling too optimistic.

Sky'stheLimit

Bronze

Post by Sky'stheLimit » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:51 am

Lomax wrote:

I called UF this morning and they told me that for those who went D.I.T. on 03/11/2010 the decision batch is mixed. It's a collection of Acceptances, Waitlists, and Denies. Although not so many WL.

If true, it marks an apparent departure from traditional procedure. Also, it has to give the DIT 3/16ers a lot of confidence, for they generally have better numbers than the DIT 3/11ers - some of whom were apparently accepted. Of course, going by xeckosk8trx's statement, the person on the phone could have been telling the truth had there been only two acceptances, two waitlists, and however many rejections.

And then, xeckosk8trx's statement is hearsay. We'll just have to wait and see. That last sentence pretty much sums up how I feel about the 3/16 batch as well. Before xeckosk8trx's revelation, I would have been ready to call 3/16 a mixed batch. But if 3/11 was a mixed batch, then surely 3/16 is all acceptances? However, the 3/16s aren't good enough to all be acceptances.

What would make the most sense to me, at this point, assuming that 3/11 was a mixed batch, would be that 3/11 was mostly rejections with a few waitlists and even fewer acceptances (the rep on the phone didn't want to pull a Lomax and be the bearer of bad news), that 3/16 is also a mixed batch composed almost entirely of waitlists but also including some acceptances, and that 3/17 and beyond will be either waitlists or rejections.

Important to consider is the fact that LSN shows more UF applicants accepted already this year - before the last few batches of decisions - than were accepted last year by the end. This could mean that UF simply doesn't need to board the stragglers to fill the train this year, so to speak. "But wait, isn't it true that a lot more people sign up for LSN every successive year?!" Maybe, maybe not, but from last year to this, the number of listed UF applicants has remained fairly constant.

Also, I find it atrocious that UF does not consider February LSAT scores. The Broncos fan who got screwed because of that should reapply next year and earn some money in the interim if he does not get admitted this year, so that he can be awarded the offer of admission and scholarship money he will certainly get then and deserves.
How do you figure? UF's median is a 161, and I dont think there was a single LSAT score out of the 15 or so reported here under 160 (with probably more than 1/2 over 161). Additionally, most had pretty solid GPA, and the couple that didn't had 166+ LSATs (including a 177). We're not auto-admits, but still very competitive for UF.

Also, someone pointed out that UF has a pretty convincing motivation to be splitter friendly with FSU's USNWR ranking right behind them (I know we've covered UF vs FSU dominance a hundred times Lomax, but I dont think anyone would deny that UF is certainly going to be very proactive in maintaining their position as far as admissions is concerned). I think I buy this argument.

Thoughts on mixed batched/status changes dated 3/17(on 3/16): UF is releasing in batches, which is consistent with their history. Yesterday, a few people with sub 160 LSATs had status changes, but dated for today so they would technically be released separately, despite decision/status changes occurring on the same day.

If anything just let me remain optimistic ;)

Do you know when the first batch of WLs went out last year Lomax??

Encyclopedia Brown

Silver

Post by Encyclopedia Brown » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:30 am

Sky'stheLimit wrote:Do you know when the first batch of WLs went out last year Lomax??
Not Lomax, but I was one of the 3/16ers you mentioned. Looks like last year's WLs started coming out toward the end of March, around the 20th. At least that's what I gleaned from a quick LSN search.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

cigator

New

Post by cigator » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:52 am

redsquare wrote:I was accepted in mid February, and received a scholarship award just this past Monday. I was offered 24k over the course of six semesters. My LSAT was not that great, but my GPA is high, my softs are strong, and I am a UM. I really want to go to UF and I think this is a good offer. Does anybody think I should try to negotiate for more, or is this probably the max I would get?

Is anybody else willing to share what they received? I'm curious to see how I compare.

What are your #'s. What is significance of UM?

farewelltoarms

New

Post by farewelltoarms » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:58 am

redsquare wrote:I was accepted in mid February, and received a scholarship award just this past Monday. I was offered 24k over the course of six semesters. My LSAT was not that great, but my GPA is high, my softs are strong, and I am a UM. I really want to go to UF and I think this is a good offer. Does anybody think I should try to negotiate for more, or is this probably the max I would get?

Ah you bastard... I got a scholarship offer for 18k over six semesters. Since my numbers aren't all that good, I was pleasantly surprised. LSAT at 75th percentile, GPA below 25, although I do have that whole minority thing going on....

Sky'stheLimit

Bronze

Post by Sky'stheLimit » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:23 am

Encyclopedia Brown wrote:
Sky'stheLimit wrote:Do you know when the first batch of WLs went out last year Lomax??
Not Lomax, but I was one of the 3/16ers you mentioned. Looks like last year's WLs started coming out toward the end of March, around the 20th. At least that's what I gleaned from a quick LSN search.

Thanks man! And super props on your LSAT score. What do you think about the rest of what I wrote?

xeckosk8trx

New

Post by xeckosk8trx » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:19 am

[
quote="Sky'stheLimit"]
Lomax wrote:

How do you figure? UF's median is a 161, and I dont think there was a single LSAT score out of the 15 or so reported here under 160 (with probably more than 1/2 over 161). Additionally, most had pretty solid GPA, and the couple that didn't had 166+ LSATs (including a 177). We're not auto-admits, but still very competitive for UF.

Also, someone pointed out that UF has a pretty convincing motivation to be splitter friendly with FSU's USNWR ranking right behind them (I know we've covered UF vs FSU dominance a hundred times Lomax, but I dont think anyone would deny that UF is certainly going to be very proactive in maintaining their position as far as admissions is concerned). I think I buy this argument.

Thoughts on mixed batched/status changes dated 3/17(on 3/16): UF is releasing in batches, which is consistent with their history. Yesterday, a few people with sub 160 LSATs had status changes, but dated for today so they would technically be released separately, despite decision/status changes occurring on the same day.

If anything just let me remain optimistic ;)

Do you know when the first batch of WLs went out last year Lomax??
[/quote]

Don't kill the messenger!!!!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”