University of Florida Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Silver

Re: University of Florida

Post by 06072010 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:51 pm

No response to my objective data + retarded personal attack = you fail. Better learn argumentation better than this, d00d. Enjoy the bottom half at UVA.

misbuble

New

Post by misbuble » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:54 pm

luv4u
Last edited by misbuble on Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silver

Post by 06072010 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:55 pm

Pretty unlikely guy -- Already got my offer from NYC Vault firm. If I ever need some insurance defense gig, I'll look ya up.

misbuble

New

Post by misbuble » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:56 pm

luv4u
Last edited by misbuble on Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mighty Boom

New

Post by Mighty Boom » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:58 pm

Kids! Stop fighting!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ShiftyPig

Bronze

Post by ShiftyPig » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:59 pm

misbuble wrote:Apparently someone has misinformed you within UF's faculty. The member I spoke with was less than impressed with his/her short time in Gville. However seeing your avatar for extended periods of time is giving me some really bad gas, so I'm bout to go drop something off in the swamp... The fact you went ot UF undergrad is pretty gross.
Was PK not a UF 1L before transferring to Michigan?

You do realize there are people who have excellent numbers but want to avoid the Northeast-DC douchebaggish culture exemplified in your posts, no?

midrangejumper

Bronze

Post by midrangejumper » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:00 pm

well, since i have to say this about 5 times a month, you guys STOP talking about shit that is not related to UF ADMISSIONS/STATUS CHECKER/ETC

misbuble

New

Post by misbuble » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:00 pm

luv4u
Last edited by misbuble on Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.

atlantalaw

Bronze

Post by atlantalaw » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:01 pm

why are we encouraging him? maybe if we ignore him he will go away.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

flhealth

Bronze

Post by flhealth » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:02 pm

misbuble wrote:It's funny that I'm arguing with you anyways, you go to Mich? Mich is awesome, I would've gone there in a heartbeat if not for UVa. He transferred, so what's that tell you?

Edit: Mich is super gagngster, I didn't see your profile. What made you transfer if not for the reasons I mention?
It tells me you're here to flame....GO AWAY

misbuble

New

Post by misbuble » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:03 pm

luv4u
Last edited by misbuble on Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

observationalist

Bronze

Post by observationalist » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:03 pm

PKSebben wrote:I ask for evidence that UF's faculty is terrible and you quote your "many" discussions with "teachers."

LOLOLOLOL

UFBoldasLove (a native gator) is a 1L here and she could speak more about the extensive research she put when deciding on schools. People looking at UF (or any school) should really leverage acceptances to get full employment lists from the career services office. Job prospects >>>> faculty quality, and the two aren't linearly related, so I wouldn't focus so much on whether or not they've lost some key faculty members in recent years. You don't need to take misbuble's list to heart, but you should go out and find some actual information before you call them out for being more flame than substance. They can't succeed in freaking out people who've actually researched their decision enough to either verify or refute what they said.

ShiftyPig

Bronze

Post by ShiftyPig » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:03 pm

It tells me that he wanted a NYC big law position, which (according to his word) he has accomplished.

Which ties back to my previous post as well.
Last edited by ShiftyPig on Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

misbuble

New

Post by misbuble » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:05 pm

observationalist wrote:
PKSebben wrote:I ask for evidence that UF's faculty is terrible and you quote your "many" discussions with "teachers."

LOLOLOLOL

UFBoldasLove (a native gator) is a 1L here and she could speak more about the extensive research she put when deciding on schools. People looking at UF (or any school) should really leverage acceptances to get full employment lists from the career services office. Job prospects >>>> faculty quality, and the two aren't linearly related, so I wouldn't focus so much on whether or not they've lost some key faculty members in recent years. You don't need to take misbuble's list to heart, but you should go out and find some actual information before you call them out for being more flame than substance. They can't succeed in freaking out people who've actually researched their decision enough to either verify or refute what they said.
Honestly. Listent to observationalist, he goes to Vanderbilt. If you look at my previous list of suggested schools, it was number 1 for the southeast outside of T14. I guarantee your job prospects are better at Vandy in FL than UF.

Edit: Vandy looked badass, was one of my top choices too.
Last edited by misbuble on Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mighty Boom

New

Post by Mighty Boom » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:06 pm

misbuble wrote:
observationalist wrote:

LOLOLOLOL

Honestly. Listent to observationalist, he goes to Vanderbilt. If you look at my previous list of suggested schools, it was number 1 for the southeast outside of T14. I guarantee your job prospects are better at Vandy in FL than UF.
You seem like such a snob misbuble. You need a lesson in humility.
Last edited by Mighty Boom on Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ShiftyPig

Bronze

Post by ShiftyPig » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:07 pm

I am not in any way concerned with job prospects.

And even if I was, I wouldn't be discussing it on this thread.

SteelersandGators

New

Post by SteelersandGators » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:07 pm

misbuble....

As a UF grad who's at UVA Law now, I hope you aren't bringing your Gator hatin' here...

Anyways, there's no need to trash UF and Gainesville. They are what they are. UF is the best school in the state (make of that what you will....it's not impressive, but for the Florida job market it's very helpful) and Gainesville is a decent college town that becomes great on Football weekends. I won't lie.....I think Charlottesville is a drastically better city than Gainesville.

Also, let's try and keep the good reputation of UVA Law students intact :D . I don't want you giving my school a bad name :(

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

misbuble

New

Post by misbuble » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:10 pm

lol ok uf law is awesome. luv4u gator 123L's

midrangejumper

Bronze

Post by midrangejumper » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:13 pm

everyone stop the bashing. if you're bashing then you probably didn't apply here, and that's totally fine, just get the hell outta the thread and take your opinion somewhere else. thanks.

Silver

Post by 06072010 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:26 pm

ShiftyPig wrote:It tells me that he wanted a NYC big law position, which (according to his word) he has accomplished.

Which ties back to my previous post as well.
Two reasons:

1) Market portability, which I accomplished -- we'll see if this gig stays IN THIS ECONOMY.
2) Better shot at academia \ federal clerkships

carrowd3

New

Post by carrowd3 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:02 am

PKSebben wrote:
flhealth wrote:
PKSebben wrote:
I think any generalization about reputation must be comparative among schools who compete in the market. Otherwise, what's the purpose of a reputation? I think Steton's reputation is far overstated. While I would place it as arguably the third best school in Florida, I don't think I would EVER advise someone to choose between Stetson over FSU/UF, especially with the prospect of in-state tuition. I'd also like to know what requirements are attached to that scholarship.
i think his is top third if i remember correctly
This isn't even a choice. Stetson at full-price is obscene.
Stetson full price is obsene. The requirement for keeping my Stetson full scholarship is top 40%. If I'm not in the top 40% after the first year, apparently I'm not cut out for law and I would be finding something else to do with my life.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

geoanthem

Bronze

Post by geoanthem » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:12 am

Why is Stetson being discussed so much on the Florida acceptances, rejections and waitlists post?

carrowd3

New

Post by carrowd3 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:19 am

geoanthem wrote:Why is Stetson being discussed so much on the Florida acceptances, rejections and waitlists post?
Sorry.

geoanthem

Bronze

Post by geoanthem » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:20 am

carrowd3 wrote:
geoanthem wrote:Why is Stetson being discussed so much on the Florida acceptances, rejections and waitlists post?
Sorry.
No Problem. I feel like this thread has gone off on a huge tangent though, lol.

carrowd3

New

Post by carrowd3 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:24 am

geoanthem wrote:
carrowd3 wrote:
Sorry.
No Problem. I feel like this thread has gone off on a huge tangent though, lol.
Pretty crazy. This is perhaps the first tangent in the history of message boards.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”